As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Little Witch Academia: Anime Harry Potter + Ghibli

BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
edited July 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
What is this moe garbage?

dbfa33c908bb58688f4f34a5ade2aca51366659530_full.jpg

Silence heathen. What lays before you is Little Witch Academia. A beautifully animated and very fucking much charming short done by Studio Trigger, (Ex-Gainax alumni) for the Young Animator Training Project, A government funded program started in 2010 by Japan's Agency of Cultural Affairs to support training new animators. It carries an almost Disney like innocence and atmosphere as it gives you a brief look into this world of whimsy. The short can be seen in its entirety, for free, on Crunchyroll and on Studio Trigger's own Youtube channel. You should watch it. Like now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBlqxEIJ_Cg

Back with us? Cool

A little back history on Studio Trigger

Studio Trigger was formed by Ex-Gainax employees You Yoshinari, Hiroyuki Imaishi and Masahiko Ohtsuka. You may remember or have heard of some of their past works, Most notably they are the team responsible for bringing us:

tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann.jpg

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Unless you've been under a rock for the past six or so odd years, chances are you've been exposed to this show in some form on the internet. It is the BEST coming of age story told in anime form that has giant robots, manly bromance and intergalactic aliens. (Available completely on Crunchyroll)

Okay! That's out of the way. Like the short? Want more? They're making a sequel. They kickstarted the project last night and made their target and then some in 5 hours.

Let us bask in magical glory together, friends.

PSN: Waybackkidd
"...only mights and maybes."
Beezel on

• Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Well, that was pretty charming. You're right about that.

• TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    I can't wait for the second episode. Hell I kinda wish they'd make a 13-episode series out of this.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Turkey wrote: »
    I can't wait for the second episode. Hell I kinda wish they'd make a 13-episode series out of this.

Give them enough money in their Kickstarter and we'll progress towards that goal. The damn thing funded in ~3 hours thanks to western fans and it's still going. Which is expected when the studio gave us TTGL and Panty & Stocking.

The studio is also doing Kill la Kill this fall. 2cour. Aiming to top TTGL.

But yeah, Little Witch Academia is fantastic and I want more of it!

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Did you ask permission to open a new thread about anime?

no you did not.

we originally allowed a few specific anime threads on a specific request basis, and this has simply ballooned.

D&D is not an anime forum. We are not your clearinghouse for anime threads.

go somewhere else if you want to talk about anime.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2013
    A wild anime thread appears!

@Irond Will uses lock.

It's super effective!

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.