As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dwarf [Phalla] 2 - Votemurdered has fallen. ObiFett(The Mad King) Victory!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Nion wrote: »
    Is doing the corpse hauling by having players publicly declare that they are hauling a corpse a viable idea? It would save us wasting people by having too many haulers. Might be bad if specials can't do normal labors in addition to their special stuff, though.

Last night's labor totals are nigh-impossible without specials who can perform labor.

So,

48: food
    47: beer
    88: Ore

This means that, with approx 29 producers (im assuming that about 30 folks will produce, but then GG was voted).

If 39 folks consumed:
    We produced 47 food, 46 beer, 88 ore, for a total of 181 resources. Which is like an average of 6 and change. This would lead me to guess that we don't have 39 consumers, or that the specials provide a great deal of resources.

(if we have 31 consumers then we produced 39 food, 38 beer, 88 ore, which is like 5 and change if about 29 folks produce)

Labor and resource consumption happened before the vote, no reason to count GG out of it.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Oh, they do.

Either way it doesnt change the numbers a whole lot, we just produced 1 more of food in ore in either case, with one more cook.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    One person was ripped to pieces by the undead last night. Maybe the zombies (or whatever) subsist not on food and beer, but on dwarf?

However poor Winky was slain with an axe, so I wonder if the mafia is perhaps a mix of undead and evil dwarves, in which case the number of consumers would be somewhere between 31 and 39, right?

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Assuming people are producing their specialty, we may be a little short on food tonight. We lost three cooks.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    One person was ripped to pieces by the undead last night. Maybe the zombies (or whatever) subsist not on food and beer, but on dwarf?

However poor Winky was slain with an axe, so I wonder if the mafia is perhaps a mix of undead and evil dwarves, in which case the number of consumers would be somewhere between 31 and 39, right?

As of yet, it's hard to say.

You can get to 47 and 48 with 10 dwarves using only 5s and 4s, for what it's worth. Without knowing more about super-producing guys - which seem to be a certainty at this point - it's hard to explain how you could go lower (but you can, probably).

Auralynx on
  • Options
    We'll eat foot before events, so we wont lose sanity on food tonight.

Steam
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    You know what they say about too many cooks in the kitchen.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    We'll eat foot before events, so we wont lose sanity on food tonight.
    Yes, but Cythraul is still correct in that we might end up short on food.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Luckily, labors come before resource consumption, which comes before all the other actions, so there is no reason to panic until we are actually below our player count. The same reason leads me to believe there is no role block that can affect labor.

Steam
  • Options
    Zombie Hero

I don't trust when folks nominate other folks, although I can see myself following TA's plan and voting for blaze zero later.

Steam
  • Options
    Just to have asked:
    What happens if we tie the mood vote?

• Options
    NionNion Registered User regular
    Do the people attending the party get to know the player names or the dwarf names (or both) of the other people attending?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I can get behind an Infidel vote.

Someone attempted to make me lose sanity last night, which was prevented by a different person. So there are definitely ways to lose sanity outside of food/drink shortage.

Whoever protected me last night, I would like to talk to you.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Vote for Mikey! is a vote for making sure the beer is brewed on time.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I think the resources came out about as perfectly as they possibly could have. Good job, ZH.

I don't much like choosing who gets the mood at random; that's roughly a 22% we pick a mafia. I'd much rather attempt to pick someone based on the reads we got on day 1; people definitely should have substantial reads on at least some people after that day 1.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    I think the resources came out about as perfectly as they possibly could have. Good job, ZH.

I don't much like choosing who gets the mood at random; that's roughly a 22% we pick a mafia. I'd much rather attempt to pick someone based on the reads we got on day 1; people definitely should have substantial reads on at least some people after that day 1.

The only people who really came across as village, imo, were either ZH or Infidel.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Does haul corpse have to target a specific corpse? Can it? If so, what happens when two dwarfs target the same corpse?

Corpses are just numbers as far as this is concerned

• Options
    Do the people attending the party get to know the player names or the dwarf names (or both) of the other people attending?

Both

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Just to have asked:
    What happens if we tie the mood vote?

I flip a coin, which guarantees whoever you don't like will win

• Options
    I'm going to put a placeholder on Bradicus Maximus, so we can kick off the voting.

Steam
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    If we have enough drinks to "feed" the living dwarves, but not enough to cover the extra drank by the party dwarves, what happens? Does everyone lose a sanity? Is the party canceled and no extra sanity or knowledge given to those who sign up for the party?

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    FYI a kill was prevented. The narration does not indicate this, so I can only know because it was told to me by the host.

I believe there are two undead kills, being the mafia, and that one was on me.

The red axe kill I think is an SK. It fits expectations most likely of kill distribution and we will probably know tomorrow for sure.

Vote me to have the Strange Mood, I will be protected through that and tomorrow's results likely will confirm my claim.

The guard that saved me should get in touch tomorrow if things pan out.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Also that would only confirm me as not mafia, I could still be the SK.

But what are the chances of that ahahahahahaahahahaha oh fuck.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    It could have been the SK's kill that was prevented. I'll still see where this goes.

Infidel

Steam
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I don't know the color weeee

INFIDEL

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Color me dense, but how does this confirm you as non-mafia? Wouldn't you also know about the blocked kill if you are mafia? And putting you in a Strange Mood wouldn't necessarily prove anything if 2 undead kills do turn up as there have been games where the mafia has a collection of actions that any member can take, and 2 other mafia could make those kills tonight. In theory.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    FYI a kill was prevented. The narration does not indicate this, so I can only know because it was told to me by the host.

I believe there are two undead kills, being the mafia, and that one was on me.

The red axe kill I think is an SK. It fits expectations most likely of kill distribution and we will probably know tomorrow for sure.

Vote me to have the Strange Mood, I will be protected through that and tomorrow's results likely will confirm my claim.

The guard that saved me should get in touch tomorrow if things pan out.

the axe kill and the undead are both red though.

• Options
    Infidel wrote: »
    Also that would only confirm me as not mafia, I could still be the SK.

But what are the chances of that ahahahahahaahahahaha oh fuck.

That seems especially "improbable" with an invisible kill "prevented," that only you know about via the PM you can't, per the rules, show us.

My fingers hurt from the ironic quoting!

• Options
    JPants wrote: »
    If we have enough drinks to "feed" the living dwarves, but not enough to cover the extra drank by the party dwarves, what happens? Does everyone lose a sanity? Is the party canceled and no extra sanity or knowledge given to those who sign up for the party?

Partygoers take their extra drink before the regular amount of drinks are taken.
    If there are not enough drinks for the partygoers to get their extra drinks, the party will be declared "lamer than an elf funeral" and nobody will gain the extra sanity. Names of present dwarves will still be given out. Then everyone in the fortress will lose sanity because if there aren't enough drinks for the party there certainly aren't enough drinks to get everyone through the working day.

• Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    Is doing the corpse hauling by having players publicly declare that they are hauling a corpse a viable idea? It would save us wasting people by having too many haulers.
    Being publicly declared as the corpse hauler could conceivably draw attention, but they'd definitely be able to dump the corpses before dying. If corpses work like they do in DF, they cause bad thoughts (sanity probably) and miasma (?), plus the obvious worries about necromancy.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    OoooooooooooooooO

I had so much fun losing!

OoooooooooooooooO

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Blaze_Zero

Sure hope we brought shells.

Draygo - this time a legit vote, because inactive.

Not inactive, just indisposed. Some "smart" dwarf decided to explode my bathroom yesterday.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    A couple ways we could handle corpse handlings

Plan 1: Roll a d6. If you roll a one, you are on corpse duty. This means we probably get at least 2 corpses, and a little over 60% chance to clear out all 4. It's random though, so it comes with all the necessary precautions. On a 2+ do whatever you want. (Im assuming about 25 folks that will want to help).

Plan 2: I randomly generate a list of four folks, and then privately pm them that they have been drafted into corpse duty. We will be able to math out how many of them actually did the work, and if four corpses weren't removed by tomorrow then we know that someone was noncompliant. This will require some trust of me on your part, but if the list comes back with 4+tomorrow's kills i won't be able to hide from it. Undertaker list will be posted after vote close.

Thoughts?

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    I don't really think the axe was the SK if it was red, I am thinking some other ability related to the mafia.

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    I like plan number 1. That way no one feels singles out but then again plan #2 keeps the Mafia from knowing who does what. So idk then.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

Plan 1: Roll a d6. If you roll a one, you are on corpse duty. This means we probably get at least 2 corpses, and a little over 60% chance to clear out all 4. It's random though, so it comes with all the necessary precautions. On a 2+ do whatever you want. (Im assuming about 25 folks that will want to help).

Plan 2: I randomly generate a list of four folks, and then privately pm them that they have been drafted into corpse duty. We will be able to math out how many of them actually did the work, and if four corpses weren't removed by tomorrow then we know that someone was noncompliant. This will require some trust of me on your part, but if the list comes back with 4+tomorrow's kills i won't be able to hide from it. Undertaker list will be posted after vote close.

Thoughts?

It really depends on how critical it is for them all to be cleared tonight vs getting a second mood. If we
    d8 - 1: corpse clean, 2-4: food or your specialty, 5+: mine, we should get (on average) 3 corpses cleaned, 25 of each food produced and ~75ish ore, getting us to the next mood

• Options
    edited July 2013
    They both keep the mafia from knowing who does what, unless ZH is mafia.

The differences between the plans are basically to make sure we have all the corpses cleaned up for sure or take a random chance that we get over/under. But #2 requires trust that ZH isn't mafia with the upside that 4 people will be picked so we don't get less or more going for that.

Retaba on
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

Thoughts?

Plan 2 does not account for you picking village specials that should really be doing something else with their time, and it possibly reveals those specials.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Invictus wrote: »

Thoughts?

Plan 2 does not account for you picking village specials that should really be doing something else with their time, and it possibly reveals those specials.

Good point! Perhaps have people sign up who want to help and then randomly choose from them? This might suffer from the same problem though (specials won't volunteer).

Another thing to keep in mind is that corpses are listed in our stockpile like resources. This makes me wonder if the mafia has some mechanic to use the corpses.

I'm not 100% sure we should be going for another mood immediately, especially when we've got A) 3 cooks down and B) a party tonight that will take up extra drinks AND reduce production for everyone that attends. Also C) since we dont' have a network head yet, we've got a chance of giving the mood to the mafia. And we still don't know what the mood does exactly.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    I don't really think the axe was the SK if it was red, I am thinking some other ability related to the mafia.

Color does not need to correlate to kill alignment.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957