As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Aus maps!

dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community CartographerGold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
edited July 2013 in PAX Australia
So the official maps are live on Guidebook (and even on the backs of your badges!). We should all be familiar with the layout and be able to answer questions about locations before we get to the show!

For those not in the know, I normally do a highly detailed map for each Prime and East. For Aus, however, the value was kind of lost simply because of the type of layout of the venue, and the already present detail in the official maps.

With that in mind, I had a bit of fun with the Aus map. Sure, it won't be quite as useful as the normal dyamaps, but what the hell, here they are, along with the Guidebook versions:
World Map:
PAX%20AU%202013%20dyamap.png
WORLD_MAP.jpg

Theatres/PC Area Map:
Theatres%20v1.0.png
PC%20v1.0.png
MAPS_2.jpg

Queue Room/Big Top Map:
Queue%20Room%20v1.0.png
Big%20Top%20v1.0.png
MAPS_1.jpg

Expo Hall:
Expo_Hall%20v1.1.png
EXPO_HALL.jpg

Full map combined:
PAX%20AU%202013-combo.png

a.k.a. dya
"Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
dyaballikl on

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Changes to make: Bandland, Info Booth, and Merch Store Lite are now in the Queue Room building.
    Plus another Info booth(?) in the Big Top

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    YugYug [ PAX Australia ] Content & Communications Manager AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Amazing!

I like drinking, I like gaming, so I created the Mana Bar
    paxaus_sig.gif
    Facebook.com/PAXAus
    Twitter.com/PAXAus

• Options
    tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    surprised ms and sony havent booked any space, surely they'd make an appearance?

• Options
    KristovKristov Now known as Tazz1e -- Aus [E] HobartRegistered User new member
    Impressive!!

• Options
    rithrith Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    tokyodove wrote: »
    surprised ms and sony havent booked any space, surely they'd make an appearance?
    Two unannounced exhibits. Imagine if they were next to each other :P

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    This

Is

AMAZING

26904.png
  • Options
    tanoshiikitanoshiiki Registered User regular
    Thanks. I haven't downloaded the Guidebook yet. Interesting to see how that "halls" will be in separated building, which if I guess due to the way the Showgrounds is set up.

Unsurprisingly, it appears there are fewer exhibitors compared to PAX East. It would be quite amusing if the two major unannounced booths next to each other are Sony and Microsoft. I don't remember Sony at PAX East(?), but Microsoft definitely were.

• Options
    thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    tokyodove wrote: »

same here! i am dying to get a go on the Xbox one and PS4 :D

Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    OP updated with PokeMaps!

a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    SuperRoachSuperRoach BallaratRegistered User regular
    Maps look great! Having been at expo hall for supernova, the Laser tag section (looks like it was the celebrity signing section in supernova) will be a great use of space.

• Options
    retrospekt_daveretrospekt_dave Founder of Retrospekt.com.au Adelaide, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So cool!! I love how you put antennas on the TV's in the classic console area :)

• Options
    vumanvuman Registered User new member
    Could the Unannounced booths be Riot Games Sydney and Roosterteeth?

• Options
    tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    rooster teeth already have their booth allocated

• Options
    vuman wrote: »
    Could the Unannounced booths be Riot Games Sydney and Roosterteeth?
    Theories suggest Microsoft and Sony, but those are unsubstantiated as of yet.

a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    So cool!! I love how you put antennas on the TV's in the classic console area :)
    Classic Console Freeplay has quite high standards. We try to use only CRT's for old consoles, as games look more proper on them and light guns don't work on flat panel displays!

a.k.a. dya