As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV SE++] Early access is go! REALMS ARE REBORN, GO KILL STUFF

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    how does this map even fuckin' work how do i figure out where quest goals are at

i am on ps3

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    i just ran into a lady name Daenerys Targaryan.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

Van it took me a while select and right thumb stick. im still trying to figure it out though. Stay strong!

My Map says Thanalan, so i guess thats where i am.

• EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    how does this map even fuckin' work how do i figure out where quest goals are at

i am on ps3

You can switch the area you're viewing on the map by either moving the cursor over the name of a connecting area and pressing R1, or selecting an area from the drop down menu in the top left corner using the d-pad. You can also just select the quest from the journal and press the map button, it should give you the area you need. You might need to do the R1 thing though, it's not really consistent for me.

Etiowsa on
    haha and i guess... i'm stuck

talked to a shop keeper as part of a quest, can't move on to the next text box and can't do anything

see people running around me though

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    haha and i guess... i'm stuck

talked to a shop keeper as part of a quest, can't move on to the next text box and can't do anything

see people running around me though

I had a similar problem, but i dunno if it will help you. Next time you try it, allow the shop keeper's animations during the first dialogue to completely stop before trying to advance to the next.

HugmasterGeneral on
    I am loving this combat

haha wait nah my controller just died

and i can't find the charge cord

see you tomorrow, video game

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i am really glad i am way past get mad at MMOs. Cause i used to get mad at MMOs.

And now I don't, and playing them is a lot more fun now.

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Anyone else think the asshole merchant in Ul'dah looks like Vaas?

Vaas-Montenegro-Far-Cry-3.jpg

I would think it was an intentional reference, but he never stops to tell me the definition of insanity.

edited July 2013
    I haven't met him yet, but man did i stay up too late playing this. I have come to the conclusion that I am about to descend into this madness like i did for FFXI.

Those were darks times, grouping with Japanese players. Those damn Gajin.

Though i did stop playing shortly after the Beast master was re-balanced.

Devlin_Dragonus on

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I ran into an almost entirely naked cat man named Zardoz Connery. I clapped.

So gathering and crafting in this are interesting! I do like the gathering setup a lot, being able to choose what materials you want to try for is a nice change from other games. Crafting is.......a bit too complicated for what you get out of it, but it's different enough I suppose.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    @interrobang what is the wiki for this game?

it is a slow day at work and I need reading

2x39jD4.jpg
  • zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Guys this game is going to be so baller with controller+chatpad. Just sittin back chatting with my buds and tossin out cures while my falafel does cute things

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    @interrobang what is the wiki for this game?

it is a slow day at work and I need reading

lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html

interrobang on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    thank youuu

2x39jD4.jpg
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular

So gathering and crafting in this are interesting! I do like the gathering setup a lot, being able to choose what materials you want to try for is a nice change from other games. Crafting is.......a bit too complicated for what you get out of it, but it's different enough I suppose.

crafting takes a little while to click but once i got leatherworker to 13 and i got Observe and item condition started becoming a thing, it all made total sense to me

being able to directly control the quality output of your crafted items owns

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Gathering is strangely fun, especially with gathering leves.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular

crafting takes a little while to click but once i got leatherworker to 13 and i got Observe and item condition started becoming a thing, it all made total sense to me

being able to directly control the quality output of your crafted items owns

That is interesting! Looking forward to that.

Leveling harvesting skills seems like it's going to take a good bit of time compared to crafting. At least until I get some guildleves going.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i think i've decided on the character I'll be playing as come gametime, i'll make pictures later

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    better be a female roe

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    lady krush

You should probably use the leves for crafting/gathering mostly.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    no i'm actually going with a
    male hyur

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Well maybe if you had a little more self respect people wouldn't say that about you.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • LanchesterLanchester Registered User regular
    Sorry guys, this is from a few pages back...but does anyone still have a NA beta code for the PC by chance??

I went to the Logitech facebook page the other day, commented the answer and I haven't recieved anything. I also looked when someone said they've posted the codes and don't see anything...am I just dumb and missing it?

Thanks!

GR4OE9Q.jpg

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Despite the blank stare in most cut scenes, the characters are pretty animated in the emotes.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    alright does anyone want to do this level 15 dungeon. I will make the health bars go up

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I guess I'd like to try this! How do people go about getting in, just following the twitter for invite opportunities or preordering? Also if you get the game does that come with any game time or is it 30 for the game and then immediately start paying the monthly fee?

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    I guess I'd like to try this! How do people go about getting in, just following the twitter for invite opportunities or preordering? Also if you get the game does that come with any game time or is it 30 for the game and then immediately start paying the monthly fee?

Most people have been getting in with key giveaways. The last closed beta phase ends this weekend though so you'll probably just want to wait until open beta to give it a shot unless you can easily find a key. The game purchase gives you 30 days of game time.

hLeTR.png
    is there some sort of quest prereq to get into these dungeons because I thought I did all the gardinia stuff

Yeh the airship quest unlocks all the dungeons. So you need to do that.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I like Archer, but now I wanna be one of those guys that punches real fast

6F32U1X.png
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    How does this compare to the original release? Is there a resource out there that someone can link?

its a different game with similar locations

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    I did the airship quest, still locked

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    You have to do the whole quest which has you go to every city, then you'll get prompted to go to Lima bean and get a quest to go to a dungeon there.

Did they not send you to the dungeons?

I went from Uldah to all the envoy places and one guy in Gridania sent me back to Limsa to talk to the adventurers guild guy there, then I was sent back to Gridania after doing that dungeon and after that I was sent to Uldah to do that dungeon.

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    When does this beta end? Was that posted anywhere?

This discussion has been closed.