As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] The Summer Dale is upon us!

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    List of games I've gotten every drop from without getting a foil:
    1..2..3.. Kick It!
    A.R.E.S.
    Alan Wake
    Anodyne
    Blocks that Matter
    Borderlands 2
    Brütal Legend
    Crusader Kings II
    Defender's Quest
    Endless Space
    FTL
    Gratuitous Space Battles
    Half-Life 2
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Magicka
    Portal 2
    Psychonauts
    Serious Sam 3
    Super Meat Boy
    TF2
    Binding of Isaac
    Trine 2
    Triple Town
    McPixel
    Dungeons of Dredmor
    Binfinite
    Hotline Miami
    Scribblenauts U
    Bastion
    Civ V

And 2 from Don't Starve and 1 from CS:Go so far.

So 124 so far, with 7 left able to get.

:(

My only foil came from a booster. And now I can't sell the thing.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    So..don't starve, is it worth 9$? What's the replay value/longevity like?

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Does the Cave have the same awesomeness qualities to it as Maniac Mansion? I see there are some lead folks from MM who did the Cave. I had no idea!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Alright @Partizanka sent me a copy of Defense Grid! Much appreciated!

I have not been at home except to sleep but let's get this gifting thing going.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Podunk wrote: »
    mts wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @mts is not dissuaded by my growing backlog or my coming lack of free time.

RMsJ09D.png

Thank you, King among robots.

I honeslty was able to play a ton when my guy was still a blob. you just need the right games. things with a pause or things that only need a mouse. once they get bigger you can throw em in a bouncer and rock them with you foot to free up a hand. just don't play things you can't get away from easily

And when your children get a bit older, games with subtitles, ability to save anytime, and the ability to pause cutscenes becomes vital.

Hmm, I wasn't aware that you could hold them without using both hands/arms.
    I do appreciate the gamer parenting advice though.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    All that stuff with your young ones sounds awesome, I'll have to remember this stuff when I hit that point in my life.

Also, games without pausable cutscenes are a sin. There is no excuse for them all not having this feature, especially if the cutscenes are long.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Does the Cave have the same awesomeness qualities to it as Maniac Mansion? I see there are some lead folks from MM who did the Cave. I had no idea!

I enjoyed it, some of the writing is quite funny, the puzzles are not terribly hard and it's pretty short, but you will play it multiple times to see all the characters areas. Overall if it's on sale I would say pick it up.

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Thanks to the front page, I decided to correct @Scooter and his grave mistake of not owning both Rain Slick 3 AND 4.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So..don't starve, is it worth 9$? What's the replay value/longevity like?
    Ridiculously high. The early game can get a bit same-y, but hey...you're probably going to die anyway.

It's a survival simulator, and the map is randomly generated. Also there's alot of things to do.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    In other news, suck it @Iolo.

Interesting.

Normally when someone bestows a metric shitton of class upon me, in this case taking the form of Civ V: Brave New World for jeebus sake, my response is to thank them publicly and praise their classiness.

"Suck it," though @Darkwolfe? Just because I eliminated, let's see... 96 hours of your life?

This aggression will not stand, man.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular

RMsJ09D.png

I honeslty was able to play a ton when my guy was still a blob. you just need the right games. things with a pause or things that only need a mouse. once they get bigger you can throw em in a bouncer and rock them with you foot to free up a hand. just don't play things you can't get away from easily

And when your children get a bit older, games with subtitles, ability to save anytime, and the ability to pause cutscenes becomes vital.

Hmm, I wasn't aware that you could hold them without using both hands/arms.
    I do appreciate the gamer parenting advice though.

i have tons of advice. if hula was still around he would tell you i wouldn't shut up sometimes

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Huh, so that's what a foil card looks like.

Nada, zip, zero foils for two weeks, and then BAM, two in one night?

Folks must be crazy busy crafting, I guess.

Speaking of such--lemme know if you have any SKYRIM or FTL cards you want to trade. I'll make it worth your while, 'cause I think I actually dreamed about having Level 5 badges for those last night!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Hey, I just got my first ever Steam card! Now what do I do with it?

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Psiberian wrote: »

RMsJ09D.png

don't forget the unattached controller for them to use while you play. :)

yeah! my daughter's almost 4 and she knows the controller isn't plugged in but she still asks for it and asks me to tell her what the buttons do. that reminds me, I really should pick up another Lego game this sale to play with her

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    The Class is strong in this one! Thank you very much @Banzai5150 for the Pinball FX2 Star Wars Pack! heart-icon.png

Also while I was sleeping this gift arrived at my inventory :mrgreen:
    HBJjfOc.jpg

It's funny because its read No Longer Valid and I can't find the game in Steam. Anyone know if it serves any real purpose? Is it one of those games that got removed from Steam?
    I can see that there's a F2P Airmech game, but nothing about a sequel. :mrgreen:

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    In other news, suck it @Iolo.

Interesting.

Normally when someone bestows a metric shitton of class upon me, in this case taking the form of Civ V: Brave New World for jeebus sake, my response is to thank them publicly and praise their classiness.

"Suck it," though @Darkwolfe? Just because I eliminated, let's see... 96 hours of your life?

This aggression will not stand, man.

96 hours and counting, I suspect all told you'll have literally sucked several weeks out of my life, you classy time vampire.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    The Class is strong in this one! Thank you very much @Banzai5150 for the Pinball FX2 Star Wars Pack! heart-icon.png

HBJjfOc.jpg

It's funny because its read No Longer Valid and I can't find the game in Steam. Anyone know if it serves any real purpose? Is it one of those games that got removed from Steam?
    I can see that there's a F2P Airmech game, but nothing about a sequel. :mrgreen:
    It was just the closed beta for that. It's no longer valid because it's out of beta.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Cryostasis removed from Steam that's some bullshit, was my horror game of choice to gift out.

Also I'd like to point out Corrigan doesn't have Penumbra.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Hey, I just got my first ever Steam card! Now what do I do with it?

I woke up this morning with a Bioshock Infinite card. At first I was really excited (before I noticed it was a card). Now... no idea what to do with it.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    So, while I was sleeping, @dougyfresh and @AnteCantelope each decided I was looking a bit peckish. I now have two copies of Don't Starve pending in my lovebox. First of you two to PM me that you've got another target gets your gift rejected, to give to another. Thanks and thanks!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Malakaius wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »

I enjoyed it, some of the writing is quite funny, the puzzles are not terribly hard and it's pretty short, but you will play it multiple times to see all the characters areas. Overall if it's on sale I would say pick it up.

Awesome! I just gifted it to a victim and read the description which made me desirious. We shall see how much cheaper it gets.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    PsiberianPsiberian Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »

RMsJ09D.png

yeah! my daughter's almost 4 and she knows the controller isn't plugged in but she still asks for it and asks me to tell her what the buttons do. that reminds me, I really should pick up another Lego game this sale to play with her

see my son is 2.5 yrs old, and i had a broken Razer onza, so I wired it up so that it has a shiny silver toggle that turns on all of the lights on the controller. SO I just tell him to power on his controller so we can play. He does and it is awesome! one day he may get grumpy that the dude/car/airplane whatever on the screen is not doing what he wants it to, but we are not there yet.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Guys, guys! AnteCantelope is doing his code contest thingy, and included a code in his latest gift to me (Don't Starve)! He says we need to use TEAMWORK in order to solve this. I'm assuming that means a number of you have also received a code in your gift message from him. I'll just throw mine out there, it's 01000001. Perhaps others should reply to this message to chain together the various numbers?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Don't Starve is basically what would happen if Tim Burton oversaw the art direction for Toejam & Earl, but made it a survival/rogue-like.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Civ V drops cards now?

Uh oh...

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Eurotruck Simulator 2?

More like NERVE FRAYER 2013.

Holy hell it is hard on the nerves when you are driving at 90km/h along a two lane road around a tight corner with a car carrier on your side in the other lane.

I seriously need a wheel controller.

@buttcleft

360 controller works pretty well and you can set up the triggers for gas and brake and map most of the used controls to it so you only need your keyboard for a couple not real frequent commands.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »

RMsJ09D.png

see my son is 2.5 yrs old, and i had a broken Razer onza, so I wired it up so that it has a shiny silver toggle that turns on all of the lights on the controller. SO I just tell him to power on his controller so we can play. He does and it is awesome! one day he may get grumpy that the dude/car/airplane whatever on the screen is not doing what he wants it to, but we are not there yet.

Mine's 8 so he totally understands what's going on with the sale (probably better than my co-workers who find the whole thing weird). I came home and he's like "Dad, you got some presents!" I already knew and had accepted them from my phone, but of course the popups had come up on the PC while he was Minecrafting. He's now waiting for FFVII to hit a daily. He's become enamored with Sonic Generations and Marvel Heroes lately too.

• Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Guys, guys! AnteCantelope is doing his code contest thingy, and included a code in his latest gift to me (Don't Starve)! He says we need to use TEAMWORK in order to solve this. I'm assuming that means a number of you have also received a code in your gift message from him. I'll just throw mine out there, it's 01000001. Perhaps others should reply to this message to chain together the various numbers?

That is the letter A in binary.

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular

Is that the only clue?

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    I just sat down ready to work with a cup of tea in hand a new email arrived. It seems @HeirTransparent revenge gifted me a copy of Magical Diary and it arrived with this lovely note.
    Dear an_alt,

At first I thought this game was about milking magical cows and making magical cheese. Sadly, that turned out to be inaccurate. I hope you enjoy it anyway!
    Best Wishes,
    Heir

Thanks Heir!

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    According to my friends list... do some of you need this Prison Architect card?

I'd be willing to trade for..... favors :winky:

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    I feel like the only way to win the card collecting meta game is not to play.

In other news, I picked up Dragon Age: Origins complete and Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition for less than $20.00 combined.

I'll never get out from under this backlog.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    HiT BiT wrote: »

HBJjfOc.jpg

It was just the closed beta for that. It's no longer valid because it's out of beta.

What's even worse is that for some reason you can't delete them.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Oh, man. Someone missed the Steam Thread that was devoted to parenting advice. We seriously had pages and pages worth of age-appropriate recommendations, from the one-handed games to non-violent shit once they can see what's on screen. For what it's worth, my 2.5 year old has caused me to set up a "Child Friendly" category in steam. Let me blampage post the list:
    Audiosurf
    Bastion
    Ben There, Dan That!
    BIT.TRIP BEAT
    BIT.TRIP RUNNER
    Bob Came in Pieces
    The Book of Unwritten Tales
    Cargo Commander
    Cogs
    Crayon Physics Deluxe
    Crazy Machines 2
    Crazy Machines Elements
    Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
    Dustforce
    From Dust
    FTL: Faster Than Light
    Go Home Dinosaurs!
    Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax
    Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
    ALL THE GODDAMN LEGO GAMES!!!
    Little Inferno
    The Longest Journey
    Max and the Magic Marker
    Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
    The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
    Monkey Island 2: Special Edition
    Peggle Deluxe
    Plants vs. Zombies: Game of the Year
    Quantum Conundrum
    Rayman Origins
    Sam & Max ALL THE GAMES!
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
    Secret of the Magic Crystal
    Sonic Generations
    Strong Bad ALL THE GAMES!
    Time Gentlemen, Please!
    Toki Tori
    Trine
    Trine 2
    Vessel
    Ys: ALL THE GAMES!

There's probably others, but those are the ones I'd care to actually play.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Right, I tried yo accept it and it says it's already in my library. :mrgreen:

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I actually still haven't had my Metro penny order cancelled or redeemed yet.

• Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    @Jungleskye I've got to lay down or my head will explode. Accept my friend request and if the price hasn't gone wonkier tomorrow I'll do you a solid and do a game for game trade. One copy of FE:LH + one DLC for Defiance. Sound kosher?

@Mostlyjoe13

Sounds good. I am away from my home computer all day but I will do what I can from the mobile app.

• Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Cryostasis removed from Steam that's some bullshit, was my horror game of choice to gift out.

Also I'd like to point out Corrigan doesn't have Penumbra.

Really? That's to bad. I just played it not to long ago. Was a good game.

edit: Also still no code nor a cancel from best buy:( They are prolonging the torture..... the monsters.

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Disco11 wrote: »

Is that the only clue?

Yeah, I knew that was A in binary. Didn't necessarily just want to ANNOUNCE it to the thread, thought maybe folks would add their codes they'd received from Ante's gifts are responses. I mean, I'm ASSUMING the whole answer isn't "A", especially as he said teamwork's required. Also, if everyone gets a binary letter, what order are they assembled? Is it a word, a sentence, or a game code? That would be... A LOT OF GIFTS! I wouldn't put it past the man...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Mornings folks. Available to the Adventure Team.

signature.png

signature.png

Crayon on
This discussion has been closed.