As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] The Summer Dale is upon us!

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »
    It's times like these I wonder if @Big Classy even eats food or somehow gets sustenance from gifting.

Oh, you didn't know? Its Ramadan, I don't need food! Goodwill is sustenance enough!

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Oh, man. Someone missed the Steam Thread that was devoted to parenting advice. We seriously had pages and pages worth of age-appropriate recommendations, from the one-handed games to non-violent shit once they can see what's on screen. For what it's worth, my 2.5 year old has caused me to set up a "Child Friendly" category in steam. Let me blampage post the list:
    Audiosurf
    Bastion
    Ben There, Dan That!
    BIT.TRIP BEAT
    BIT.TRIP RUNNER
    Bob Came in Pieces
    The Book of Unwritten Tales
    Cargo Commander
    Cogs
    Crayon Physics Deluxe
    Crazy Machines 2
    Crazy Machines Elements
    Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
    Dustforce
    From Dust
    FTL: Faster Than Light
    Go Home Dinosaurs!
    Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax
    Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
    ALL THE GODDAMN LEGO GAMES!!!
    Little Inferno
    The Longest Journey
    Max and the Magic Marker
    Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
    The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
    Monkey Island 2: Special Edition
    Peggle Deluxe
    Plants vs. Zombies: Game of the Year
    Quantum Conundrum
    Rayman Origins
    Sam & Max ALL THE GAMES!
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
    Secret of the Magic Crystal
    Sonic Generations
    Strong Bad ALL THE GAMES!
    Time Gentlemen, Please!
    Toki Tori
    Trine
    Trine 2
    Vessel
    Ys: ALL THE GAMES!

There's probably others, but those are the ones I'd care to actually play.

Awesome, I saved that list, luckily I already have some of them too.

thats not the list of baby firendly games that are easily played., thats more of the kid is watching, no cussing games

I'll take any and all lists/advice. :)

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    So what seems to be the way people are crafting badges? By selling or trading?

The whole trading thing seems to be way too much work, but selling is kind of inefficient.

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    @Arithon32 got me McPixel! So awesome, and hugely appreciated!

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I spent $1.50 to buy the rest of the portal cards.

What is wrong with meeeeeee :)

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I kinda wish Steam sales extended to other platforms...

newSig.jpg
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Oh, man. Someone missed the Steam Thread that was devoted to parenting advice. We seriously had pages and pages worth of age-appropriate recommendations, from the one-handed games to non-violent shit once they can see what's on screen. For what it's worth, my 2.5 year old has caused me to set up a "Child Friendly" category in steam. Let me blampage post the list:
    Audiosurf
    Bastion
    Ben There, Dan That!
    BIT.TRIP BEAT
    BIT.TRIP RUNNER
    Bob Came in Pieces
    The Book of Unwritten Tales
    Cargo Commander
    Cogs
    Crayon Physics Deluxe
    Crazy Machines 2
    Crazy Machines Elements
    Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
    Dustforce
    From Dust
    FTL: Faster Than Light
    Go Home Dinosaurs!
    Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax
    Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
    ALL THE GODDAMN LEGO GAMES!!!
    Little Inferno
    The Longest Journey
    Max and the Magic Marker
    Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
    The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
    Monkey Island 2: Special Edition
    Peggle Deluxe
    Plants vs. Zombies: Game of the Year
    Quantum Conundrum
    Rayman Origins
    Sam & Max ALL THE GAMES!
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
    Secret of the Magic Crystal
    Sonic Generations
    Strong Bad ALL THE GAMES!
    Time Gentlemen, Please!
    Toki Tori
    Trine
    Trine 2
    Vessel
    Ys: ALL THE GAMES!

There's probably others, but those are the ones I'd care to actually play.

Awesome, I saved that list, luckily I already have some of them too.

thats not the list of baby firendly games that are easily played., thats more of the kid is watching, no cussing games

I'll take any and all lists/advice. :)

Crayon Physics is absolutely baby friendly. :)

• natetwocnatetwoc Registered User regular
    FredZ89 wrote: »
    Don't Starve is basically what would happen if Tim Burton oversaw the art direction for Toejam & Earl, but made it a survival/rogue-like.

Ok I'm sold, gonna buy this game when I get home from work tonight.

@FredZ89 unless that's in the next hour you may want to wait till it goes back on sale. (Sale ends at 1PM EST)

• MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »

You and me both brother, I would love to be able to buy android games on steam.

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    @Jragghen is a sneaky jerk and gifted me the gold upgrade to civ v so i have all the bloody maps now

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    In honor of my wedding (TOMORROW HOLY CRAP) I am giving away a game that will be my objective for the next year or so. Rehearsal dinner is tonight so I will hopefully be able to send this over tonight afterwards! GO GO GO!

signature.png

• PsiberianPsiberian Registered User regular
    ok last attempt at this. Is anyone doing a 4 pack of Defiance before the daily goes away? I would like to get in on it if so, the catch is i only have gabenfunbux (tm) and would love to buy you an equivalent game or value in games in exchange. anyone? *crickets*

camo_sig2.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Oh boy. I wake up this morning after falling asleep on my totes comfy couch to see that @Big Classy sent me Gunslinger after I mentioned that it wasn't a very good sale. Which seems entirely counter-productive but extremely awesome of him! Thank you kind ser

steam_sig.png
  • SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    natetwoc wrote: »
    Don't Starve is basically what would happen if Tim Burton oversaw the art direction for Toejam & Earl, but made it a survival/rogue-like.

@FredZ89 unless that's in the next hour you may want to wait till it goes back on sale. (Sale ends at 1PM EST)

If you click on the game, it says there is 25 hours left actually. Daily Deals are actually like 48 hours or something I think?

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Malakaius wrote: »

I've always suspected that they would eventually go in that direction with the Steam app, allowing for cross-platform purchases they way they do for Win/OSX/Linux for games which are available on Android. Hasn't come to fruition yet, though.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Wow, I wish more games dealt with Steam cloud conflicts in the way that Defender's Quest does:

?.jpg

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    In honor of my wedding (TOMORROW HOLY CRAP) I am giving away a game that will be my objective for the next year or so. Rehearsal dinner is tonight so I will hopefully be able to send this over tonight afterwards! GO GO GO!

signature.png

my advice is don't worry about seeing anyone, make sure you eat your dinner so you have energy to enjoy yourself

camo_sig.png
    Malakaius wrote: »

I would love to buy MS points for pennies on the dollar so I could gift to my 360 friends.

newSig.jpg
  • VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

signature.png

Congrats SniperGuy, and good luck with all the ceremony aspects!

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • natetwocnatetwoc Registered User regular
    Saaruto wrote: »
    natetwoc wrote: »

If you click on the game, it says there is 25 hours left actually. Daily Deals are actually like 48 hours or something I think?

Damn didn't notice. I remember it being like this in previous years but just saw the time on the main page and assumed they'd switched it up.

• SvKSvK Registered User regular
    I can't access my inventory from the mobile app! How will I give gifts while I'm at work?

Oh boy. I wake up this morning after falling asleep on my totes comfy couch to see that @Big Classy sent me Gunslinger after I mentioned that it wasn't a very good sale. Which seems entirely counter-productive but extremely awesome of him! Thank you kind ser

Honestly I would gladly have paid twice that because that's one of the gems of the year... actually I probably should. \o/

SvK wrote: »
    I can't access my inventory from the mobile app! How will I give gifts while I'm at work?

You can at least purchase them, right? Just keep a list of targets recipients handy then when you get home, carpet bomb gift EVERYONE!

newSig.jpg
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    So the only clue we have on Ante's puzzle so far is the letter A?

Well duh. This is easy to solve. The answer is painfully obvious.

It's:
    A Trap

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    thank you @mercutio87 for gifting me Bastion!

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    I started my first game of Endless Space this morning as Horatio. Now I have two Horatio trading cards. Horatio would never come alone.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    And the winner of Zack Zero, and new wielder of more powers than any one human should... @shdwcaster !

camo_sig2.png
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    SvK wrote: »

Website. Either on your computer, or on your smartphone. That's what I had to do.

camo_sig2.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    SR3 just got cards. Flash sale incoming!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    It's getting classy out there! @Elin sent me Little inferno, which honestly looks scarey and neat, and @Sumanai sent me Botanicula, which looks lovely. Thanks!

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Scibblenauts.

*Entertain this guy.*

Create "Stripper"

Did you mean "Slipper"

Lame. Well I guess it is kinda for kids. Wait, Workshop. Wait, there is no way I'm specifically adding a stripper to this game.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    Iolo wrote: »
    SR3 just got cards. Flash sale incoming!

Well shit. It's not like I need another reason to play that again.

• imperialparadoximperialparadox Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Just a reminder that I still have a golden ticket for a wonder getaway this Saturday. Did I mention that it's a land teeming with adorable bunnies who taste like filth and puppies who will devour your face?
    Greetings fellow Newellians!

It's been a while since I've conversed oh god I've missed human interaction with yon classy lads and ladies of this fine gathering place known colloquially as the "Steam Thread." Indeed, I have been trapped away on a magical sojourn to a wondrous new place with never enough food of plentiful bounty and untapped potential, the kind of place where a man has the time to appreciate nature horrors, the trees walk and smash us to pulp as he allows his mind to roam, thinking up new and amazing inventions with which to stave off insanity he can help to better the lives of his fellow man. Alas, I myself am never going back, no, no please cannot return to this place of splendor, but I'm willing to send a fine gent or lady in my stead haHaha a sacrifice to the blood realm, take them in my stead this Saturday, on the 13th of July. This raffle is open to any of the curious fellows of the Penny Arcade group, and I wish the winner to suffer in my place well in their upcoming travels!

signature.png

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo Network ID: imperialparadox | 3DS FC: 2294-4029-6793
    XBL Gamertag: Paradox3351 | PSN: imperialparadox
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Scibblenauts.

*Entertain this guy.*

Create "Stripper"

Did you mean "Slipper"

Lame. Well I guess it is for kids. Wait, Workshop. Wait, there is no way I'm specifically adding a stripper to this game.

"Humongous Clown"

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    RANDOM CONTEST TIME!

I am playing golf today in two hours. Send me a PM as to your prediction for my score (I am playing 18 holes) and the person closest to my score will win a random prize! Entries will be accepted until 1:00 PM central.

Good luck, and pray that I don't kill anyone out there!

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Bump of this for the morning crowd. Ends tonight at like midnight which was poor planning on my part, so I may not get around to announcing the winner till tomorrow morning.

signature.png

Things that sold me on the original Scribblnauts:

"Pregnant Car"

"Classy Dinosaur"

newSig.jpg
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    RE: Scribblenauts

Cat in the tree right in the beginning.

My first thought? Fire truck!

Yep, created a fire truck, got in it, drove over.... and knocked the tree right down. Cat fell out and landed in the girl's arms.

Mission accomplished.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    @an_alt thought that I had too much free time and decided to "help" me with that the classiest way by gifting me Deviance!
    Thank you very much! heart-icon.png

HiT BiT on
  • Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    @Zebukiel waited until I was asleep, then attacked with 30 flights of loving! Sneakclass.

Also, pursuit protocols are engaged on public classhole #1, public classhole #2, and of course @CorriganX @CorriganX @CorriganX

That's not spamming his name, I'm just planning on hitting him three separate times.

This discussion has been closed.