As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tabletop Gaming Subforum: Round 2

2»

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I didn't realize a serious discussion was being had about this.

Everyone knows this, I'm a massive fan of roleplaying and tabletop gaming, of all types. I'm fairly active in the G&T tabletop threads, and I read them whenever I get a chance. If a whole subforum got started up for gaming, I'd sure as heck hang out there.. especially if it had rules that allowed for campaigns to go on (maybe not in thread form, but at the very least as a central depository for campaigns).

But wow.. yeah, it'd be fun to have this, even if I can't picture the post volume being terribly high.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited September 2006
    This is literally the worst possible time to suggest big changes to the forum.
    No, this is a GREAT time.

Doing something that has unanimous community approval that actually makes sense might take the edge off of the current vitriol and hate being tossed at the mods and admins.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2006
    I understand that right now "shit gon crazy" and it may not be the best time for a new forum, but I wholeheartedly support a Tabletop Forum. It is impossible to discuss any tabletop game in G&T outside of Warhammer, as the threads get pushed off of the front page and into obscurity far too quickly.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    God yes, you geiv forum! please?

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I would use this forum. I've often wanted to post threads about modelling, painting and fielding my Warhammer Lizardmen army, but none of the forums really fit at all to be honest.

I'd be really interested in such a forum anyway. I've been playing Table Top games for over 10 years and I would post in it. I've also been wanting to discuss Ragnarok/Confrontation [It's saucy and made by the French!], but again, other forums don't really seem appropriate.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    It should also be mentioned that there are a ton of lesser known RPG's (like Amber) that I'd love to learn more about, or talk to players of.. And then, of course, there is the RPG news.. which, while not as fast and as public as video games, does happen.. And sometimes big stories (like whatever the heck's going on with Palladium) get completely missed.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Tabletop forum get.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • DeVryGuyDeVryGuy Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I support this idea.

DeVryGuy on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5369 6910 9799
    FFTSig.jpg
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    syndalis wrote:
    Doing something that has unanimous community approval that actually makes sense might take the edge off of the current vitriol and hate being tossed at the mods and admins.
    I do think we should do it, but "taking some heat off the mods" certainly isn't one of the reasons I think we should do it.

Months ago, when this was first proposed, my opinion was "nobody's even really tried to do this within G&T, why not just try doing it there first?" And I and others did try it, and yeah, it turns out that it doesn't really work that well. The threads get swamped under the video game threads and that's just how it goes down.

So, I'm for a trial run on a TT subforum.

Captain K on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    This could be the start of something beautiful.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited September 2006
    Whippy on
  • TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    This would be awesome. I'd love to be able to discuss TT games with PA'ers. G&T does not work, at all, for discussion. I try to read the threads that are up but they are so quickly drowned out, and discussion is so mixed that it's impossible. A TT forum would kick. ass.

EDIT: Fuck yes

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Thanks Whippy!

Even though I'll never use it.

deadonthestreet on
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    <3

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006

My love for you is like a truck

<3

Ein on
  • HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited September 2006

<3
    ...and not a series of tubes?

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Hamju wrote:

<3
    ...and not a series of tubes?

berserker!!!

clarity

Ein on
    edited September 2006
    We don't really have any place to discuss the tabletop forum as a whole, but as I get ready to log off tonight, I'm really impressed. Not a massive flow of posts, but more than I was expecting.

We'll see how it goes once all the major bases in the subject have been touched on.

Athenor on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    Thanks Whippy.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2006
    I am so thrilled with the progress so far.

Thanks, Whippy.

Let's hope it stays this good after a week, and a month.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • AsumaAsuma Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Thanks Whippy.

Asuma on
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left." -- Clint Eastwood ***
  • AllonAllon Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Sorry for not joining this discussion earlier, didn't find out about it until the forum was there already.
    I'd just like to state my love for you consumes worlds. <3

Allon on
  • GnuGnu Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    It's probably worth mentioning that I personally never expected to have any interest in this forum (although I certainly thought it was warranted) 'til I started actually reading it. Now it's brought all sorts of things flooding back and stoked a renewed interest in tabletop gaming after a decade of being out of it. :^:

Gnu on