As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] The Summer Dale is upon us!

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    MisterM wrote: »
    I'm about to bite on GTAIV and Xcom. Is it worth paying the extra £2.50 for Episodes from Liberty City?

@MisterM

Short answer, Yes.

Long Answer, Hell fucking yes.

Fo Realzy answer, Lost and Damn takes the bleak realism and runs with it, while Gay Tony is a return to a more San Andreas style lighter hearted but still fun play.

Just.. have a controller if you play Gay Tony, because helicopter missions are a bitch with just the keyboard/mouse

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    What I really need this Dale is a really great space combat sim to play with my new flightstick. Chat mostly recommended Evochron Mercenaries. Any other suggestions, thread, on what to watch for on sales?

Yeah, Strike Suit, but a lot of my reading says it's not that great with a flight stick.

I just realized that this is a terrible time to ask for opinions in this thread, as it races by like a bullet train.

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    hateseeded wrote: »
    What's the community choice that won? The site isn't displaying correctly on my phone (and the mobile version is stupid and doesn't show anything)

Click "voting" its the top bar option on the right under "catalog".

I did, but it only shows the daily and flash deals, not the community choice (though I can vote for the next one -_-). On the Desktop version on my phone, for some reason none of the graphics for the flash deals or community choice are loading either -_-

It's not showing it on the actual steam program right now, either, but I remembered reading it won this morning.

Burtletoy on
  • KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    Vorpal wrote: »
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Boy, Chivalry is super tempting. Note, a 4 pack would work out under $5 a piece. That seems like a no brained to me.

I'll go in on that. I'm keeping one and giving one to my bro. Anyone want the other 2?

I'm in for 1.

Sweet. Alright I picked it up. That finishes my wallet off today though. I'll send it to you in a sec Vorpal. Make sure you friend me!

fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

Lawndart wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    I'm at 2/4 of the games I wanted this sale to get flash deals.

Got X-Com and Euro Truck 2, Just waiting for Walking Dead and Final Fantasy VII now to get flash deals.

Walking Dead is a daily deal, and I'd be amazed if it showed up for less as a flash deal.

Unless you have a daily spending limit or something, you should snag it now.

Or unless you mean 400 Days, which I cannot imagine getting discounted at all.

@Lawndart I'm only buying flash deals, until the last day of the sale.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    So, I was waffling on getting Surgeon Simulator and bam! @Shade gifts it to me, like some sort of classy ninja! Thanks!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Todesbart wrote: »
    FEZ - yay or nay? I've heard that it's quite buggy, is that true?

This was never true. there was just 1 terrible bug where you wouldnt be able to 100% the game... on xbox.

steam_sig.png
  • MisterMMisterM UKRegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    MisterM wrote: »
    I'm about to bite on GTAIV and Xcom. Is it worth paying the extra £2.50 for Episodes from Liberty City?

@MisterM

Short answer, Yes.

Long Answer, Hell fucking yes.

Fo Realzy answer, Lost and Damn takes the bleak realism and runs with it, while Gay Tony is a return to a more San Andreas style lighter hearted but still fun play.

Just.. have a controller if you play Gay Tony, because helicopter missions are a bitch with just the keyboard/mouse

I plan to play XCom and GTA IV on my "Steam Box" so I will have a controller.

SCII-EU: MisterM.868 // LoL-EU-West: MisterM868 // Diablo3: MisterM#2476
    steam_sig.png
  • MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I was doing so well! Anti-Chamber managed to snag me yesterday, but now Chivalry, Surgeon Simulator, TWD, and more may hit my wallet later this evening. Plus I have a few friends who have yet to experience FTL and I feel the need to shove them out the airlock.

Is there an easy way to buy multiple gift copies of something without going through individual purchases over and over again?

EDIT: Hopped on and voted for Napping Puppies for those that wanted it.

Mudzgut on
    steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    WTF? I swear I own Just Cause 2...but apparently I had it on the PS3 before I got rid of it. I assume it's recommended on the PC, has controller support, etc?

Yes, it is superb. It also has mods. I haven't used any, but some of them sound fun.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    hateseeded wrote: »
    What's the community choice that won? The site isn't displaying correctly on my phone (and the mobile version is stupid and doesn't show anything)

Click "voting" its the top bar option on the right under "catalog".

I did, but it only shows the daily and flash deals, not the community choice (though I can vote for the next one -_-). On the Desktop version on my phone, for some reason none of the graphics for the flash deals or community choice are loading either -_-

It's not showing it on the actual steam program right now, either, but I remembered reading it won this morning.

At least it's not just me then :P Steam servers always seem to suffer during these sales :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Think Bioshock Infinite will make it on the flash? Its my top snag for this Dale, and I don't want to pull the trigger too early.

It will probably not go any cheaper than it is for the (2-day) daily.

steam_sig.png
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I think @An Alt may have been trying to set some kind of a speed record, because I got slapped with a gift copy of FTL before I could even get through the server congestion to see what today's deals were!

Thanks very much :) I will name a crew member in your honor, and I apologize in advance for all of your deaths-by-proxy if this game comes anywhere near to living up to its reputation for fatalities.

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Before I could get in on a 4-pack, @Elin nails me with Chivalry! Good god that was quick.

Thank you, you classy human being!

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    WHOAH!
    If you buy the game from Amazon and get The Maw, you can get a second copy for a penny! It gives you $9.99 credit for the game (normal price) but it's on sale for $5 so you can buy it again and pay 1 cent difference. :D

Sorry if that's old news.

edit: It may glitch when it gives you the second key and it will be the same as the first. To view both keys go to http://amazon.com/YourGamesAndSoftware/

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    we're gonna need a bigger thread

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Also, before I bite the bullet and pick up Fez, someone please tell me if it's an actual platformer game or one of those "puzzle games designed to look like a platformer" games like Braid.

Because I enjoy platformers (as long as they're not brutally hard) but absolutely fucking loathed Braid.

• Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Oh hey, Surgeon Simulator. Finally something I'm gonna buy.

• ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    I just stopped by the house on my lunch break. Didn't even intend on turning my comp on but I did anyway. @IceBurner had gifted me with Farcry 3 Blood Dragon and @Spoit hit me with FTL! This is getting out of hand guys!

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    also is the dishonored sale a daily or a flash or what? I see it discounted but no mention of for how long

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • MisterMMisterM UKRegistered User regular
    Come on Steam, take my money. Don't give me this error initializing your transaction rubbish.

SCII-EU: MisterM.868 // LoL-EU-West: MisterM868 // Diablo3: MisterM#2476
    steam_sig.png
    x-com is downloading at 4mb/s and ITS NOT FAST ENOUGH

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    I bought GTA4 solely to play that Iron Man mod. I never finished it on Xbox and it's bricked now, so good news or something.

Also, Target aquired I hope he doesn't get angry!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • hateseededhateseeded Registered User regular
    Damn you FTL, how can i not buy you for $2.50... damn you...

I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-a to chimpanzee.
  • McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I think I'm gonna pass on Bit Trip Runner 2. I haven't finished the first one yet and I bet it'll be cheaper this winter.

• AsheAshe Registered User regular
    signature.png

The Walking Dead is an absolutely incredible experience. You will feel. Get involved!

steam_sig.png
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    xcom needs cards

• VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Boy, Chivalry is super tempting. Note, a 4 pack would work out under $5 a piece. That seems like a no brained to me.

I'll go in on that. I'm keeping one and giving one to my bro. Anyone want the other 2?

I'm in for 1.

Sweet. Alright I picked it up. That finishes my wallet off today though. I'll send it to you in a sec Vorpal. Make sure you friend me!

Thank! I've not done this before - how do I pay you back?

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Topp aka @Saaruto empathized with my fate and recent depletion of bank account towards my engagement. Left me with some advice, and also a copy of Don't Starve. You can get by on Ramen noodles and love, right?

Thanks again!

• TaminTamin Registered User regular

I'm in for 1.

Thank! I've not done this before - how do I pay you back?

paypal is usually how it works. Or you gift a game of equal value.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Thank you @Elin for Fez!
    header.jpg?t=1367427963

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    Karuwen wrote: »
    Blood Dragon is 55% off at the moment. Don't know if it's a mistake or not, but you can grab it now for super cheap.

Good eye! Definitely gonna pick that up for under $7. Still thinking on Far Cry 3...

• McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    WTF? I swear I own Just Cause 2...but apparently I had it on the PS3 before I got rid of it. I assume it's recommended on the PC, has controller support, etc?

Yes, it is superb. It also has mods. I haven't used any, but some of them sound fun.
    I'd recommend the mods for clouds and night sky. Make the game much prettier. (and fluffier!)

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    @Broncbuster, you classy bastard, gifting me Fez. Just for that, I'm going to find a way to play it with a Flightstick.

(Also, buy it and gift it to some other sap.)

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    After a really long shift and a 26 hour stint of insomnia @Big Classy has decided that the best game to gift me in my exhausted and very sleep-deprived state is Surgeon Simulator.

I can see absolutely no way that this could go wrong.

Please remove your clothing and put on this gown. I am going to take your vitals now.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Thanks @Elin for Fez! I was going to buy it during my lunch break in like 30 minutes (figuring the store would be fairly stable by then) but you totally beat me to the punch!

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Oof, I'd convinced myself I probably wouldn't end up seeing much I wanted to buy this sale but I'm tempted to buy so much on today's list.
    Surgeon Simulator, Chivalry, Fez, possibly even Walking Dead even though I 360'd it. Kind of want to move to PC for 400days and the eventual season 2.
    Runner 2 and if i can get in far enough to find out if it's also on sale maybe Blood Dragon.

• HH AustereHH Austere Registered User regular
    Fez is a no for me purely because of Phil Fish.

But oh MAN FTL, FC3, Blood Dragon, and Just Cause...

• hateseededhateseeded Registered User regular
    HH Austere wrote: »
    Fez is a no for me purely because of Phil Fish.

incoming 9 copies to this guy.

I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-a to chimpanzee.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    The best just cause 2 mod is the mile long grapple hook. Fact.

I just sold my surround sound speakers (*tear*) and will partially console myself by going to get Fire Emblem for 3DS. Which I will then hide in shame from the Newell's watchful gaze.

This discussion has been closed.