As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STEAM | Summer is here. Your wallet sweats.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Giveaway time! Today we have The Walking Dead. The good one.

What must you do to get your hands on this delightful tale of family clinging together? Send me a PM telling me which forumgoers you want by your side during the upcoming zombie apocalypse and why. It could be that you rely on their Steam thread generosity to extend to real life when food gets scarce. Or maybe you know they live in a rural area and are avid hunters, so they know how to get food.
    Or you think they will be delicious. That is also acceptable.

I'll decide around midnight tonight, and I may have a extra prizes to participants (whether they are involved willingly or not).

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    signature.png

The Walking Dead is an absolutely incredible experience. You will feel. Get involved!

In hindsight I realise I should've popped this in the main PA group, rather than PA G&T!

Edit: Oops, sorry Shadowfire, that bit of adjacent postage was unintentional, ha!

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    @Wooden Spoon 's gifting rampage just sent me flying when he decimated my wishlist with his Chivalry attack!
    Thank you very much! heart-icon.png

If your wish list had exactly 10 items on it, your flawless use of the word decimate wins you the internet forever.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2013
    On a side note, I have big plans to turn last December's impromptu charity week into something of an annual event...

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • MisterMMisterM UKRegistered User regular
    Let it be known that @FredZ89 is a gaddam Hero!

I will return gift you...when I am able to purchase something! <3

SCII-EU: MisterM.868 // LoL-EU-West: MisterM868 // Diablo3: MisterM#2476
    steam_sig.png
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I think we can safely assume that I've been gifted enough. Look at this. I am gonna start crying.
    LXGrAAv.png

Now please, I beg you, STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHP!

No joke, I know how this feels.

I started with 98 games, I am now at 117. The only game I've bought for myself in that period is Fez and To The Moon. That's it.
    Big Classy wrote:
    Now please, I beg you, STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHP!

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Two Walking Dead giveaways on the same page?
    HOW ABOUT THREE?

signature.png

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    I keep having to stop myself from buying games that aren't dailies or flash sales. Dust is going to be cheaper than $10, just wait...

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    On a side note, I have big plans to turn last December's impromptu charity week into something of an annual event...
    we're you thinking always December? Might be kinda cool if it wasn't near the holidays

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • SirMontySirMonty Mount Backlog, Base CampRegistered User regular
    Had dinner with my wife, came back home only to find out we're 10 pages into the new thread. Madness, I say.

steam_sig.png
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    And @Mercutio87 got me back with Thief: Deadly Shadows. Got all of the Thief games on steam now. <3 Thanks a lot.

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular

Remember, someone mentioned that the bad rats creators made one of the worst shmups they had ever played! Good news, everyone!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster

Maybe even...a biannual event? Eh? Eh?

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »

With the start of the Dale, our pledge drive is over. We Raised $1115.36 for charity with the Summer Dale Charity Drive. Just under the 'get momma corrigan to play amnesia' step. I'll be finishing the System Shock 2 lp once the summer dale excitement dies down a bit.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Someone said a little while ago that Critter Crunch was too good a deal to pass up at $1.49. I'm not so sure...

... but let's see if it's too good a deal to pass up at $0.00!

signature.png

• Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    Five.

I have now received five copies of Just Cause 2. This is a new level of steam depravity.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
    edited July 2013
    CorriganX wrote: »

With the start of the Dale, our pledge drive is over. We Raised $1115.36 for charity with the Summer Dale Charity Drive. Just under the 'get momma corrigan to play amnesia' step. I'll be finishing the System Shock 2 lp once the summer dale excitement dies down a bit.

@CorriganX
    Yeah, I know. You might have forgotten but...I was kind of the first donation, maaaaaan.

Crayon on
  • bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    There I was, minding my own business, guarding my barbeque from the dinosaur menace, when suddenly a Steam popup polyp appeared:

ftjPADD.png
    Thanks, @Luchaire!

bobwoco on
    Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm still looking for a good top down racer ala Micro Machines, Super Off-Road or RC Pro Am. Is the Death Rally remake worthy of it's name?

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Five.

I have now received five copies of Just Cause 2. This is a new level of steam depravity.
    lol why is this happening?
    great game though

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I think steam is profiling me.
    It keeps giving me prison architech summer cards.

I should sue gaben....

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    How do you get the nifty banner for steamgifts giveaways? Apparently I'm derping hard.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

@CorriganX
    Yeah, I know. You might have forgotten but...I was kind of the first donation, maaaaaan.

I didn't forget! I just had the perfect place to actually post the info since I hadn't ended it at the start of the dale. I should've made a post yesterday, but im sooooo lazy.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    How do you get the nifty banner for steamgifts giveaways? Apparently I'm derping hard.

Above the comments section, there is a banner button/link whatever. Alternatively the OP of this thread has the answer in visual form.

steam_sig.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Also I have a Dead Island summer card to trade with someone who has a summer card that is not Torchlight, Reus, or Kerbal.

I am realspool32 on steam!

• Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    I'm reasonably certain that the Newell is using my wish list as the blueprint for daily sales.

In other news, if you want me to put something on my wish list so you can grab it on daily, let me know. I'm willing to negotiate.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
    edited July 2013
    Hear ye, hear ye, Steam thread!

Let it be known that

a) I am an idiot

b) @Ashe is the polar opposite of that, i.e. extremely fucking classy for gifting me The Last Remnant, saving me the trouble of trying to remember to buy it on the last day of the Dale.

Maz- on
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular

Above the comments section, there is a banner button/link whatever. Alternatively the OP of this thread has the answer in visual form.
    Damnit, I even looked through the op to check for that, I completely missed it.

Thanks, in return I present this:
    signature.png

BUCKLE UP

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Things have gone south for your hero. 50 through 9. If you are a wonderful person, you are praying for me to do much better so I don't have to buy beer for everyone at the end.

If you're an asshole, you'll wish for more of me in the bunker.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

Steam: offday
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Let it be know that

a) I am an idiot

b) @Ashe is the polar opposite of that, i.e. extremely fucking classy for gifting me The Last Remnant, saving me the trouble of trying to remember to buy it on the last day of the Dale.

Can I post the slightly surreal conversation we've just had which explains point a) ? :mrgreen:
    PS - You aren't an idiot

steam_sig.png

Damnit, I even looked through the op to check for that, I completely missed it.

Thanks, in return I present this:
    signature.png

BUCKLE UP

No problem, that is a great giveaway!

steam_sig.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    @JMan711 is putting lives into the wrong hands by gifting me Surgeon Simulator 2013.

YL9WnCY.png
    Ashe wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »

Let it be know that

a) I am an idiot

Can I post the slightly surreal conversation we've just had which explains point a) ? :mrgreen:
    PS - You aren't an idiot

But that will ruin my excellent reput - oh.

Go ahead :P

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Just tonight to go at work then the weekend to game!

edited July 2013
    Man, we're only a bit more than a day into the Dale and I've already blown through 75% of my budget. Thank god I've loaded up my Steam wallet instead of using my credit card or this would've gotten ugly.

Maz- on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Alright, so I probably don't care about this card collecting thing. I don't even have time to play the games I have in my backlog just to play them, much less to get cards.
    So. I have
    Endless Space:
    Automatons x 2
    Hissho
    Sophons

Issac:
    The Fool,
    The Magician
    The High Priestess
    The Lovers
    Justice

Summer Dale:
    Football Manager 2013,
    Tomb Raider
    Reus x2

Anybody need any of that?

steam_sig.png
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    I've come out pretty painless so far, only Dragon Age and Fez.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    RE: Crafting Foils.
    Does it make anything special?
    Do you need a full set of foils to craft them?

Yes, you need a full set of foils to craft them. It's just another badge, not sure if it automatically gives a rare emoticon/background or not. There's only 1 level to those badges.
    Disco11 wrote: »
    So I have an extra Torchlight 2 summer sale card. What does one do with these again ?

Give them to me :V

Nah, if you get a whole set, you can craft them into a badge. It gets you 100XP, something for your profile, a background, an emoticon, and (for the time being) another one of the summer cards - when the summer sale is over, I'd assume those become coupons again.

@Jragghen If you would accept my friend request the card might magically appear!

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm still looking for a good top down racer ala Micro Machines, Super Off-Road or RC Pro Am. Is the Death Rally remake worthy of it's name?

Or Mini Motor Racing Evo? Anyone try that one?

This discussion has been closed.