As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gaming PC to TV

dorindorin Registered User regular
edited July 2013 in Games and Technology
I have a nice gaming PC with two nice widescreen monitors. It's in my basement, about 40 feet from my HDTV. I like playing some games at my desk with a mouse and keyboard, and would like to play some games on my TV, with my wireless controller. Is there a better way to do this than running a 40 ft HDMI cable?

edit: I don't want to move the PC or the TV

dorin on

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Nope. Cable up, cowboy.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    You could get a wireless HDMI kit, but that will be relatively expensive and could introduce input lag. Your best bet is the long cable.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    JebralJebral The guy nobody pays attention to Down South in the land of free thinkingRegistered User regular
    It's totally worth it though!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Here's a fairly technical question: will a PC hooked up to a TV without 4:4:4 Chroma support look much worse than one that does support it?

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Is the wireless controller going to work that far away from the PC?

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Esh wrote: »
    Is the wireless controller going to work that far away from the PC?

The usual maximum range is 30 feet, so you'd probably be okay depending on how the run of cable goes. If it's like this:

[PC] - 30 feet - [Controller] - 10 feet - [TV]

You'd be okay. If it's like this:

[PC] - 40 feet - [TV] - 10 feet - [Controller]

You might need to test that it works.