As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting Games] Discussion Round 3 - Fight!

• ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Feels like Balrog is getting away with murder with all those focus attacks. Wonder if it's going to get shutdown in the next match(es?) or if he'll continue to surprise with it
    He used it to good effect, although not quite as much, on Friday. So we'll see how Infiltration's notes are today. Especially after the lovers quarrel between Infiltration and Laugh. Does infiltration do his own notes or use his best buddy for the updates?

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Xian just played an amazing match. Wow.

JKKaAGp.png
    edited July 2013
    Haven't seen anyone post these and I forgot to do it when I first saw them. Rufus abides Xian, Rufus abides. Rufus has his hands up Rog, Git 'r done!22119b80eb5911e2948222000a1f9307_7.jpgBPBHGrpCEAA0glB.jpg:large

Column on
  • Kyoka SuigetsuKyoka Suigetsu Odin gave his left eye for knowledge. I would give far more Registered User regular
    A gen in top 8 at all is amazing let alone a gen winning the winners bracket.

Xian played an absolute blinder.

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Alligator blood.
    Rog on the warpath - take no prisoners.

Sokpuppet on
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Hakan?!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

HAKAN.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    wooo hakan

• Kyoka SuigetsuKyoka Suigetsu Odin gave his left eye for knowledge. I would give far more Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIME TO OIL UP!

EDIT: EVEN GETH KNOWS!

Kyoka Suigetsu on
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Infiltration just won me over with this Hakan pick! This is a great evo.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
    edited July 2013
    So..Rog has a vetted Yang if his friends are to be believed for this situation if Infiltration pulls this off, which he easily can. Good shit fella 's, Evo 2k13.

Rufus believes!!!

Sticks with Boxer!!! Rufus believes, his hands are up, do it Rog!!!

Column on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    WOW...Hakkan!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    You are in the Hakan Zone. :)

XBL - ArchSilversmith

And he goes for the okey doke fuck it over head and loses...

HOLY SHIT!

Hahahahaha.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Un-fucking-believable.

I respect the shit out of that counterpick though.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Best evo.

good match

Come on Tokido. Body this other Akuma! Tokido and Xian grand finals since MURRICA is done.

Goddam.

This is the best EVO since always

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yeah, dat Infil Rog match was the best...unlike Tokido vs Infiltration...

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited July 2013
    Champ in the perfect spot to get on the crowd cam. Has to be on purpose. Finish this Tokido! You know you want to fight Xian.

YES!!!! Xian Tokido Grands, good shit murda face.

Love you Tokido, but body this foo' Xian! I believe!

Column on
  • MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Excellent! So glad AE kept the hype rolling after the Marvel matches

GET IN THAT ASS XIAN!

So close.

Match Point Xian.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

Glorious.

edited July 2013
    Xian does it, Xian takes SF at Evo!

Good shit Xian, good shit!!!!

Markman giving his player some love with that hug, "Good shit son...here, have a stick."

Column on
    Point, Set and Match to Xian.

WOOOOOOOO!

XBL - ArchSilversmith

HEET HEET HEET HEET

XXXXXXXXXXXIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST EVO EVER!!!!!!!

time to sleep.

What a great EVO, might be one of the best ever. Once the highlight videos start popping up, I'll get a few linked in here.

edited July 2013
    Hahahaha Good shit for Wiz accepting it and being a good sport with how much he hates Anime.

It's no McRib but he'll take it.

For anyone who doesn't get the joke:

Wiz threatened to never have anime back at EVO because he was promised a waifu and didn't get one.

Column on
    Oh god the emotion from Seth and James.

edited July 2013
    Oh shit, we're getting set free! Copyright infringement! Strongly worded letters incoming!

And the extended clip to boot! Ricki-Oh for fifth character in Ultra SF4.

I don't know when he did it, but Mr. Wizards twitter icon is now the illuminati symbol.

Get this man some more waifus and McRibs stat!

Column on
    edited July 2013
    It makes sense, really.

A lot of the best competitors were playing Akuma, and Gen curbstomps Akuma for half his life off of basically anything.

Not to discount the fact that Xian was playing near perfectly with one of the most mechanically challenging characters in the game.

Sokpuppet on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Oh god the emotion from Seth and James.

I think they provided the best commentary for the entire event. It was knowledgeable, technical, avoided bias most of the time, and felt really even and professional. It didn't stir up a lot of hype but I was really impressed.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    SF4 finals were really good. The Hakan moment was by far the coolest. Still think the KOF finals were the highlight of the year, though.

Also, very much looking forward to Ultra SF4. I wish Q, Karin and Haggar had been among those added, but Elena and Hugo are cool in their own right.

Rex Dart on
    Here's the link for the Day 3 stream - 12 hours and 48 minutes of finals goodness
    http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/b/430438070

That's a lot to look through, we'll see about linking some individual matches later.

• ShatterShockShatterShock Registered User regular
    Rex Dart wrote: »
    Also, very much looking forward to Ultra SF4. I wish Q, Karin and Haggar had been among those added, but Elena and Hugo are cool in their own right.

Given that three of the four new characters are all from Final Fight, I wouldn't bet against Haggar being the secret fifth character. After all, he hasn't been in a proper Street Fighter before and they can modify his moves from MvsC3 to fit SFIV. They'd have to make a new model for him, but that's okay because they're likely saving money from the other four characters being ported over from X Tekken.

• Page-Page- Registered User regular
    Given Capcom's past history of laziness the 5th character is obviously Morrigan.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream