As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM | How the Nerdy Bourgeois Entertains Itself

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Stolls wrote: »
    Many years ago, a forumer told a story of finding a bunch of physical copies of Deus Ex on some ridiculous sale, like five bucks apiece. In part jest, another poster suggested buying them and just handing them out as party favors to guests or something.

Now that DX:HR is three fucking dollars, someone could very possibly do this for real, albeit with digital copies.

...someone talk me out of this, I'm having ideas.

DX: HR is, along with Just Cause 2, one of the very few games that nobody on my friends list has on their wishlist because they've all bought it already.

I just hated DX HR

and played JC2 on my PS3.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    So Reus appears to have a bug in that it continues running after you shut it down. As I just discovered it's been running in the background unknown for 3 hours.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Stolls wrote: »
    Many years ago, a forumer told a story of finding a bunch of physical copies of Deus Ex on some ridiculous sale, like five bucks apiece. In part jest, another poster suggested buying them and just handing them out as party favors to guests or something.

Now that DX:HR is three fucking dollars, someone could very possibly do this for real, albeit with digital copies.

...someone talk me out of this, I'm having ideas.

DX: HR is, along with Just Cause 2, one of the very few games that nobody on my friends list has on their wishlist because they've all bought it already.

Indeed. Giving them out at random may well be the only way to gift them now.

Not complaining mind you, it's a great game. Just... complicated for gifting purposes.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Oh dammit.

I miss having an @ callout in the OP so I could be instantly summoned to a new thread when it appears.

I got spoiled by that. :P

Was wondering what happened to ya, worried that you had suffocated under all the wrapping paper ;)

Everybody should own Deus Ex, if you don't, I encourage you to buy it, amazing games.

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    So, I have extra copies of Terraria. But, it seems like everybody already owns it. I was thinking of doing a tiny contest for it, but would there be any interest?

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    KhezKhez Registered User regular
    Okay I'll see you people in a few days my wallet needs a rest.

76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I just hated DX HR

DUE has clearly had his good taste removed to make room for another neighboring mechanical augmentation.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    If Steam weren't a thing, the idea that you could buy a triple A game that's not even two years old for less than a cup of coffee would be pretty insane.

Luckily Steam is a thing and Deus Ex is totally worthy of your money.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Malakaius wrote: »
    Oh dammit.

I miss having an @ callout in the OP so I could be instantly summoned to a new thread when it appears.

Was wondering what happened to ya, worried that you had suffocated under all the wrapping paper ;)

Everybody should own Deus Ex, if you don't, I encourage you to buy it, amazing games.

helpgift.jpg

(courtesy of @HiT BiT)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    A new thread, a new reminder:
    signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    in the middle of me laging through limbo in marvel heroes tsmvengy started sending me shifty eyed messages in steam chat followed by strange numbers.

that bastard, stealthily gifted me stealth bastard!

Sneak around, gift some games, explode in a hail of bodily fluids! That's just how it works!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Many thanks to @Treadlife for the Tomb Raider raffle!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Re-post! Note new rules/terms! ENTER FOR CHARITY! Think of the children!

CONTEST! WOOT!

The prize:
    Any damn game you want that is available on Steam. That's right. It's the NAME YOUR GAME PIXIELAND GIVEAWAY CONTEST!

(okay, any game within reason. Like, let's try to keep it at $60 or less.)

The contest:
    All you have to do is send me a PM and tell me about another Penny Arcadian. Tell me about a forumer who impressed you, who surprised you, who made you smile or made you laugh. A forumer who made you feel better about the world for a moment or two.

It must be truth, of course. No making shit up.

On the eve of the end of the Dale - that is, on July 21 - I will pick my favorite submission based on a purely arbitrary system of who seemed most sincere and/or just really had a good thing to talk about, or made ME smile, or whatever! If your submission is picked, YOU get to pick out ANY GAME ON STEAM and I will buy it for you on July 22.

BONUS! The forumer about whom the winner writes? That person will also win! I will pick something off that person's wishlist and bestow it upon the deserving soul.

So, you can win and make someone else a winner at the same time!

Think about forumers you admire. Pick one. And tell me about him/her.

- - - - - - - - -

So far I am completely dismayed by the small number of entries. Are people really not interested in a "win anything you want" contest? Nobody has games they want? Or do you all really just not have other people you admire? Y'all really secretly despise each other? :P

Let's change things up a bit!

If there's nothing YOU want or you don't feel you need new games, you can designate a proxy winner! That's right. You can enter, and win, and designate someone ELSE to get the prize. If even that fails to appeal to you, here's another option: I can donate $60 to Child's Play (or a similar charity of your choice) if you win and don't want any games. Under these conditions, why would anyone not enter?

And always remember...

takethis.jpg

Note to those who have entered so far: I have received and read them all, though I have not responded to any (and will not), in the spirit of fairness (I don't want to start any back-and-forth discussion). But there were some real heartwarmers in there!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    kitchkitch Registered User regular
    Man, I keep trying not to look at the "So far, you've been a fiscally responsible steam member by spending $TEXAS. How about those cards, yeah?"

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    R.I.P. Idx86's Wallet - Day 5 of the 2013 Summer Dale.

Well, the Dale concluded for me this evening. We'll be (in all probability) be moving now, so tonight we dropped $2k on new carpet and other supplies to fix the ol' place up before we list it. My wallet is now dead, and all discretionary income being rerouted to the new home fund. Ah, the joys of being an adult.

I predict an especially epic Winter Gale for me though, as the AAA titles on my list are just above $10 now, and should dip into 'no brainer' category come December.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Khez wrote: »

Hah, haha, HAHAHAHA!

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I just hated DX HR

DUE has clearly had his good taste removed to make room for another neighboring mechanical augmentation.

It's alright

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vVgYU

it's alright.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rvrv Registered User regular
    My thanks to @Big Dookie for his gift of PsychoNauts!

Such a splendorous gift for a few measly Summer Dale cards!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    @Firmus_Piett is an incredibly cool guy who saw fit to throw a copy of The Witcher 2 my way. Thanks a lot, and sorry for taking this long, my internet connection is being terrible all day.

Looking forward to this one, since I'm apparently the only person that liked the first game enough to play it til the end.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    So my winning streak continues...
    I won 2 Avadon: The Black Fortress giveaways. Can't remember which one I claimed though, so here they both are up for grabs. Only 1 of them will work though:

JK4W?-QQKTI-LDRNJ
    VPZLQ-MC?4F-ZWB8F

I've heard tell of some bots that will auto-steal codes, so I've replace one of the letters with "?".

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    Bought Reus and Dishonored: Knife of Dunwall today.

Not to bad of a day, better then yesterday. Shame everything worth gifting almost everyone already owns on my friend list.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I have never played a Deus Ex game but $3 ain't bad.

You should play the first one...first. You can skip the second.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    Oh dammit.

helpgift.jpg

(courtesy of @HiT BiT)

Yes hi this is me right now.

• Options
    Mercutio87 wrote: »
    Oh dammit.

helpgift.jpg

(courtesy of @ "HiT BiT")

Yes hi this is me right now.

And you probably totally deserve it!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KhezKhez Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Khez wrote: »

Hah, haha, HAHAHAHA!

You bad bad man @Big Dookie. After @cardboard delusions blindsides me with system shock 2, @Big Dookie decides to drop Dust and Rogue Legacy on me head! Rogue Legacy wasn't even a daily/flash sale you crazy person! Thank you for the gifts classy guy :).

Just you wait mister I'll have my revenge! :winky:

Khez on
    76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • Options
    I just realized the unreal games are on steam

would people actually play them?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Deus Ex: HR.

Too much black on yellow and waaaay too many vinyl jackets.

Good game otherwise.

RT800 on
  • Options
    I liked the older Deus Ex games.

Just something about HR did not work for me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    What do you mean "older Deux Ex games"? There was only one game before HR.
    (I keed.)

• Options
    natetwocnatetwoc Registered User regular
    Only game picked up today was Total War: Shogun for my brother. Was happy to see Dust and torchlight get some cards. Almost done my level 1 badge just two cards to go.

• Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote:
    Mudzgut wrote:
    My first giveaways to the PA Group have ended and I have sent friend requests to the winners. Now we find out if their Steam names match up to their PA names. Once you accept the friend request, I'll send over your loot! Congo Rats!

Dogfighter winners!
    1. @DHS Odium
    2. @Jokrmein - is this perhaps @Jokerman since the avatars match?

Farming Simulator 2011 winnder!
    1. @BigDes

Oh sweet, gonna sim so many farms

Thanks! Gonna fight so many dogs.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    signature.png

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Well today I am unscathed, mostly because people keep voting for stuff I have or don't want.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Awright another thread.

Let's see how fast we burn this one down to the ground.

Probably not as fast as my Steam wallet funds.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Thanks @Ketar for Sanctum 2! I enjoyed what I played of 1, and I like this trend of tower defence + action, since vanilla tower defence tends to bore me fairly quickly. Sanctum, like OMD, gives me things to shoot, so it's always a winner.

I just grabbed 2 bits of DLC for CK2, and unless some of the big names I've been keeping an eye on go cheaper I think that's me done for the sale. Bioshock infinite was on sale for something like $40, which... no thanks, not today.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Euro Truck vs Farming? Thats cold Steam, thats stone cold.

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Starting right now and ending at 4pm EST on Wednesday the 17th for the PA Group. The next game in my inventory is:

signature.png

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    New thread!

signature.png

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Awright another thread.

Let's see how fast we burn this one down to the ground.

Probably not as fast as my Steam wallet funds.

Seriously, I'm scared to even go look at my receipts since July 11th at this point. My wife is going to kill me. Like, literally kill me, and hide my body in the woods and then fabricate a credible cover story to tell the investigators asking of my whereabouts.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    I need some review advice on NBA 2k13. I've been on a huge basketball kick this year and just found out I can play sports games on the ol' Alienware with one of my PS3 or 360 controls! Joy!

So...is it any good?
    Online player base solid?
    Are my Cavs still awful?

steam_sig.png