As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM | How the Nerdy Bourgeois Entertains Itself

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Thanks to @raiden333 for starseed pilgrim.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

I heartily support any and all efforts to giftbomb @Spoit.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    WillyDub wrote: »
    I need some review advice on NBA 2k13. I've been on a huge basketball kick this year and just found out I can play sports games on the ol' Alienware with one of my PS3 or 360 controls! Joy!

So...is it any good?
    Online player base solid?
    Are my Cavs still awful?

Well maybe if you stopped drafting puckhead Canadians ...
    Go Canada!
    Haha that Gilbert kid can't take Wiggins!
    But neither will Masai :(

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Congrats to @Podunk for winning Tomb Raider and @tuxkamen for winning Metro Last Light! Don't forget to grab your prizes before leaving.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    7 XP to reach Level 26

*shakes tiny impotent fist*

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Welcome! You're one of the only people on my friendslist with it on your wishlist, and since you've been helping me out with Puzzle and Dragons recently, wanted to hit you back with a super amazing game.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I finally tried out my Shogun 2 purchase from multiple sales ago. I think I have lost my Total War touch. I was a fair hand at Medieval 2, at least on Normal. I could roll pretty good with some good archers or cavalry. But not I am barely winning and just fucking up a lot in general. Did the AI get better or am I just super rusty? Thing seem to move a lot faster.

• Options
    KhezKhez Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Drake wrote: »
    Awright another thread.

Let's see how fast we burn this one down to the ground.

Probably not as fast as my Steam wallet funds.

Seriously, I'm scared to even go look at my receipts since July 11th at this point. My wife is going to kill me. Like, literally kill me, and hide my body in the woods and then fabricate a credible cover story to tell the investigators asking of my whereabouts.

That is actually why I'm being a bit generous now. I'm getting married in 15 days then I'll have to answer for my purchases from that point forward lolol. Until then muahahaha :winky:

Khez on
    76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I bought Kerbal. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    Euro Truck vs Farming? Thats cold Steam, thats stone cold.
    Despite really wanting either of these to win, I know Rollercoaster Tycoon is going to win the vote.... because people can't be trusted to vote correctly

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Thought I'd take a look at the update sale during my lunch hour. "Oh good! Primal Carnage is on sale! Dinosaurs! Looks awesome!"

And then I see that UT2004 is not only on sale, but it has cards.

UT shaped my developing gaming years. I can't *not* have the badge for it.

Send help.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Khez wrote: »
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Drake wrote: »
    Awright another thread.

Let's see how fast we burn this one down to the ground.

Probably not as fast as my Steam wallet funds.

Seriously, I'm scared to even go look at my receipts since July 11th at this point. My wife is going to kill me. Like, literally kill me, and hide my body in the woods and then fabricate a credible cover story to tell the investigators asking of my whereabouts.

That is actually why I'm being a bit generous now. I'm getting married in 15 days then I'll have to answer for my purchases from that point forward lolol. Until then muahahaha :winky:

I checked my account balance online to see how much I've had to refill my Steam Wallet.

There are some things man was not meant to know D:

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    So far I've only spent 65$.
    Gifted 3 copies of Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army, which is actually quite a bit of fun.

I also find myself weirdly addicted to the whole cards and badges thing and I'm don't usually like fluff stuff.

Damn you Steam, damn you!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    So far I've only spent 65$.
    Gifted 3 copies of Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army, which is actually quite a bit of fun.

I also find myself weirdly addicted to the whole cards and badges thing and I'm don't usually like fluff stuff.

Damn you Steam, damn you!

"You have spent approximately $107.25 USD in the store since the sale began."

:(

And I've been sitting here with the Dishonored page open since 11:00am :lol:

:cry:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So I guess I'm getting Dishonored.

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Doodmann wrote: »

If you keep at it long enough you'll eventually start making rockets that explode in the sky rather than on the ground.

In seriousness, the tutorial is really helpful in grasping the basic concepts, and after that you'll want to dig online for advice. I stepped away from the game until it reaches a point with a little more polish, but it's basically all about setting your own goals. Get a rocket off the ground. Setup a mostly stable orbit. Crash land on the moon until the overpopulation problems on Kerbal are all sorted out. Get overly attached to a specific crew and strap them to something that only qualifies as a vehicle because you locked passengers into it. It's all your call!

Minus the part where generations of Kerbals are lost in pursuit of space knowledge. That's out of your hands.

OneAngryPossum on
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    @Gear Girl has won Deadlight!

And

@Vorpal has won Torchlight II!

Congrats and Thanks to all who entered.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    Buy Dishonored.

Its one of my favorite games from last year. I personally love the shit out of it.

• Options
    staplerofpaperstaplerofpaper Registered User regular

If you keep at it long enough you'll eventually start making rockets that explode in the sky rather than on the ground.

In seriousness, the tutorial is really helpful in grasping the basic concepts, and after that you'll want to dig online for advice. I stepped away from the game until it reaches a point with a little more polish, but it's basically all about setting your own goals. Get a rocket off the ground. Setup a mostly stable orbit. Crash land on the moon until the overpopulation problems on Kerbal are all sorted out. Get overly attached to a specific crew and strap them to something that only qualifies as a vehicle because you locked passengers into it. It's all your call!

Minus the part where generations of Kerbals are lost in pursuit of space knowledge. That's out of your hands.

I found some youtube videos explaining how to get your first ship into orbit, and the baby steps. It helped me out a TON.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    @Gear Girl has won Deadlight!

And

@Vorpal has won Torchlight II!

Congrats and Thanks to all who entered.

Thanks!

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Ugh 10 hour work day. I forget what free time is. Be worth it in winter dale when I revenge splurge all over you people.

• Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Thanks to @BaronofBank (don't know his PA name by heart) for the gift of FTL!

The one game I didnt own, thanks!

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    slappybag wrote: »
    Thanks to @BaronofBank (don't know his PA name by heart) for the gift of FTL!

The one game I didnt own, thanks!

Seriously, you have like 900 games. And now you will not play any of them. that's how good tfl is. Also I'm The Baron of Bank 8->

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    How the hell are there still so many days left in the sale? I am fucking tuckered out, guys.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    I love the title of this thread lol.

• Options
    LadyDustBunnyLadyDustBunny Registered User regular
    Man, I wish I knew about the PA steam group before so I could enter some if these contests! Plus, make some awesome friends. Just wanted to say how friendly you all are. :D

steam_sig.png

Origin: DustBunny777
    3DS: 2836-0103-2102
    M1GZYUT.jpg
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Dishonoured is so much fun. I played stealthy and murderous, and it was just incredible fun. I've said it before, but the addition of a short-range teleport to a stealth game is such an incredible improvement, it so elegantly fixes a lot of frustrations I have with stealth games, and the maps are all 3 dimensional enough to really make the most of the added movement options it gives you. When so many current games are terribly linear and force you down corridors everywhere, it was so refreshing to be so unconstrained. Definitely, definitely buy it.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    How the hell are there still so many days left in the sale? I am fucking tuckered out, guys.

It's like spending a week in Vegas. You're tapped out after a day or two, but there's still the rest of the week to go, so fuck it I'll just throw ten bucks in this poker machine but that's the last time, I swear. Yeah keep the beer and pure oxygen coming, because thinking clearly is what I was doing wrong earlier. Whoa, shit, how long was I unconscious? Where am I? Where are my pants?

Followed by day three.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Oh, no. Now I'm getting hit with the classnado. :/

Thanks to @Idx86 for the gift of Trine 2 -- it would seem that the money could be spent on some baseboards to go with that carpet or something, but hey, what do I know? Also, I was fortunate enough to win @Treadlife 's contest for Metro: Last Light. Here's to the future!

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    So its the Summer Sale, eh?

Well, Ive already been assaulted by some gifts!

@Arithorn32 sent me System Shock 2, which Ive actually never played

@striderjg sent me both The Cave and The Cave soundtrack!

@Idx86 also sent me The Cave, but sttrider beat me to it

Thank you guys so much for that! Its really appreciated right now as some unexpected financial situations have cropped up - our landlord has decided to sell the house we rent half off and we have to move out soon, finding a new place, new deposits, moving fees - so I'm pretty much out of the fun of this Sale since I need to save money since we weren't prepared at all for this. I'm talking one game tops.

So getting all that... man, its really appreciated. Thank you from the bottom of my heart

EDIT: This unfortunately mean I wont be getting to gift you people this Sale.. but be warned... come Winter Sale, I will burn these forums to the ground with gifts

APODionysus on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    And for fuck's sake, READ THE OP. It will answers practically every question you have about the sale.

I will now passive-aggressively prove I have, in fact, read the OP for the sake of fuck by pointing out the following presumed typo on the Steam Thread Primer section:

"Also developed Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World, two RPGs that, alone with the Rainslick games, are available on Steam."

It's supposed to be "along", not alone. The link to Sud's website is also missing.

I know these things because I wrote the primer.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

that's why i tried the demo first man

and gosh did i feel confused.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    So far I've spent about $20, with $30 left in the budget. Just enough to get the daily skyrim deal when it pops up.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Thought I'd take a look at the update sale during my lunch hour. "Oh good! Primal Carnage is on sale! Dinosaurs! Looks awesome!"

And then I see that UT2004 is not only on sale, but it has cards.

UT shaped my developing gaming years. I can't *not* have the badge for it.

Send help.

i would love it if there was a massive resurgence of UT2K4 or UT:GOTY

love love love it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular

How does one see this figure?

Though I'm not sure I wish to know.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »

How does one see this figure?

Though I'm not sure I wish to know.

Go to your badges page, and for the summer sale badge click the "how do i earn more cards' button.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I have never played a Deus Ex game but $3 ain't bad.

I'm sorry, has this been on page one for how long now and no one has stepped up to correct it? My wallet's a bit dry, but I'll see what I can swing.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Man, I wish I knew about the PA steam group before so I could enter some if these contests! Plus, make some awesome friends. Just wanted to say how friendly you all are. :D

The PA Steam groups are generally locked down to new members during the major sales, due to problems we have had in the past with new people who join to try and score free games and then bailing on us. Because of that, invites tend to go out only to people that we know are going to contribute to the community. So, keep on posting in the thread and before you know it you'll be in.

We are pretty friendly, though.
    Except for that asshole smokestacks. I hear he punched a baby one time.

Speaking of being friendly, everyone should buy Serious Sam HD so we can get another huge co-op game going sometime.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular

The PA Steam groups are generally locked down to new members during the major sales, due to problems we have had in the past with new people who join to try and score free games and then bailing on us. Because of that, invites tend to go out only to people that we know are going to contribute to the community. So, keep on posting in the thread and before you know it you'll be in.

We are pretty friendly, though.
    Except for that asshole smokestacks. I hear he punched a baby one time.

Speaking of being friendly, everyone should buy Serious Sam HD so we can get another huge co-op game going sometime.

To be fair
    that baby was totally asking for it

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

that's why i tried the demo first man

and gosh did i feel confused.

Geez guys. It's not like it's rocket science or anyth-

What? It is rocket science?

Well, ahh...

At least no one dies when you crash!