As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STEAM | How the Nerdy Bourgeois Entertains Itself

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I just realized I got the Borderlands 2 badge, and I don't even own it.

I may have a card problem...

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ah and here I thought it was one of those things where you had to find the source image and do a difference calculation thingy on it

steam_sig.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    eh you know what unreal will go on sale again. it's too old to stay at that price.

steam_sig.png
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    "You have spent approximately $196.10 USD in the store since the sale began"

You guys, I only bought 2 bits of DLC for myself...

• Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Thought I'd take a look at the update sale during my lunch hour. "Oh good! Primal Carnage is on sale! Dinosaurs! Looks awesome!"

And then I see that UT2004 is not only on sale, but it has cards.

UT shaped my developing gaming years. I can't *not* have the badge for it.

Send help.

i would love it if there was a massive resurgence of UT2K4 or UT:GOTY

love love love it.

I was surprised to discover that there's still a few premium servers running, with players even!

• StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Oh my, oh my.
    "You have spent approximately $282.85 USD in the store since the sale began."

Granted, some of that was preloaded from before the sale began. Still, I can't tell if I'm winning Steam or losing Steam. Maybe both.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • staplerofpaperstaplerofpaper Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Oh boy, here I am posting about how I'm gonna lay low, and @Edgler Vess reads that and decides to show that the classy he has never lays low, so he up and sends me Trine 2 Complete! Wanted it, now have it, cause of the classiness.

edit: oh boy I am tired and linking that name was not being nice to me. I blame the class.

staplerofpaper on
    steam_sig.png
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Goddammit, how does one organise a gift bombing to annihilate one's enemy?

@Spoit has given me... I don't know, 10 gifts in the past week or two? My wallet can't repel class of this magnitude!

Who will save me? @Jesus? @Buddha? @Big Classy?

Somebody, deploy your weapons of mass wishlist destruction!

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    "You have spent approximately $40.82 USD in the store since the sale began."

"Oh I don't have a job, luckily ive saved up about $20 over the past few months for this sale" ... Fuck

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I wasn't really sure if I wanted to buy Castle Crashers. @Fyrewulff fixed it by gifting it to me.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I haven't spent a dime on the this sale.

It's...a cruel time to be broke.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Goddammit, how does one organise a gift bombing to annihilate one's enemy?

@Spoit has given me... I don't know, 10 gifts in the past week or two? My wallet can't repel class of this magnitude!

Who will save me? @Jesus? @Buddha? @Big Classy?

Somebody, deploy your weapons of mass wishlist destruction!

Nu-uh I'm staying out of it, I settled my score with him :p

Yeah, leave @big classy and his army of proxy gifters out of this

steam_sig.png
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I haven't spent a dime on the this sale.

It's...a cruel time to be broke.

I'm at $8.46

Which is 100% from selling cards.

Needless to say, I'm a fan of steam trading cards. And selling them for free money.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Well if I needed a sign that I'm not addicted to the spending of money, I just made a huge student loan payment today after realizing that if I had refinanced like, a year or two ago, I could have cut my interest rates in half...

I sound so girly, but retail Steam therapy sounds so good right about now. Also chocolate. >_>

What beloved indie title should I blow this ~9 dollars in my Steam Wallet on? I'm afraid to add more cause I've been hearing people who add money to their wallet getting locked out of the Marketplace for a week or so. Oh, also the being poor thing.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    thank god i already own almost everything i want

because otherwise this would be a painful sale

• Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Come on sale, gimme Old Gods DLC for cheap!

• muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    ugh. Got Max Payne 3. Spent whole day downloading the 30 gig file. Installed it on Mac OSX.

And it wont launch....

Grrrreat.

• Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular
    Special thanks to @staplerofpaper for the giftbomb of Tripletown, I played some of it on my cell phone, but never got very far because I just had the free version, I shall dodge ninja bears in your honor.

steam_sig.png
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Hi Dalers,

Im sorry for my absence. I will resume gifting hopefully very very soon :)

edited July 2013
    Godddaaaam it @antecantelope. Just....damn

damnitante_zps5d5aaa27.gif

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • SirMontySirMonty Mount Backlog, Base CampRegistered User regular
    Ah, the smell of a new thread!

With three days to go until I can access the Community market again, how would I best go about trading cards with you classy gents?

steam_sig.png
    Steam should sell an option, for like 50 cents you can bundle multiple games into a 'giftbomb' that they have to open to see whats inside.

n1woEHJ.png
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Steam should sell an option, for like 50 cents you can bundle multiple games into a 'giftbomb' that they have to open to see whats inside.

So the option to pay double for "SURPRISE ITS BAD RATS!"

...I'd be ok with that.

• Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    When idling for cards do you need to even start a game? Can you just sit at the title screen?

steam_sig.png
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    @Spoit was kind enough to help me extend my budget for the Summer Sale by gifting me Thomas was Alone. Many thanks.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    When idling for cards do you need to even start a game? Can you just sit at the title screen?

Yes. And if it has that config prompt pop up you can wait there too. All you have to do is make sure your name says "playing: whatevergame" and you're good.

n1woEHJ.png
  • SirMontySirMonty Mount Backlog, Base CampRegistered User regular
    Title screen or launcher will suffice.

steam_sig.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Okay, I finished the Swapper. Apparently all 10 achievements are tied up in SUPER SECRET HIDDEN STUFF, and once you beat the game you can't go back to right before the end of the game, so you'd need to restart to find these things. Who does that these days? :(

Game was fun; though several of the puzzles felt like I manged to finagle things just so, so I'm not sure if that was intended or if I found a different solution.

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    @Spoit teleported into my Steam Library and assassinated me with a copy of Dishonored.

The burden of class is truly heavier than honor.

• AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Men in tights nearly over. System Shock 2 joins the fray:

signature.png

signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Okay, instead of just idling, I went ahead and played Organ Trail.

That's a fun little game!

• ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Guys I'm late on this but go buy Primal Carnage for $5. It is still a flash sale and it is hilariously good fun. Left 4 dead minus zombies add dinosaurs and 40 person multiplayer. Do it. Also it has cards oh my god I'm so excited.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Thought I'd take a look at the update sale during my lunch hour. "Oh good! Primal Carnage is on sale! Dinosaurs! Looks awesome!"

And then I see that UT2004 is not only on sale, but it has cards.

UT shaped my developing gaming years. I can't *not* have the badge for it.

Send help.

i would love it if there was a massive resurgence of UT2K4 or UT:GOTY

love love love it.

I was surprised to discover that there's still a few premium servers running, with players even!

but are they just far better players and way dedicated to the game?

that could be a turn off.

steam_sig.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

Yes. And if it has that config prompt pop up you can wait there too. All you have to do is make sure your name says "playing: whatevergame" and you're good.

I often wonder if I can get cards doing that gag that people do sometimes, where they make it say they are playing Half Life 3, or NotePad, or something silly.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular

Ahahaha... and people will potentially pay me money to do this.

What have we become?

steam_sig.png
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    new thread needs this:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/27374917/#Comment_27374917
    go there, I can't quote it. but it is good. I will get the next one up soon. Probably two at once.

@spoit gave me a humble bundle with avalone RPG's. I have enough RPG's for a while now.
    Also @oakke gave me metro. So more games. class folk.

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    Stahhp @antecantelope. I can't take any more of this. You win already

steam_sig.png
  • Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I started Tripletown right after my last post...I think I blacked out for the 30 minutes I was playing, so much better than the phone version, and similar to drinking a fifth of whiskey in 20 minutes, without the throwing up.

Edit: Tripletown has cards? My life is over.

Edgler Vess on
    steam_sig.png
    Hey @AnteCantelope we were in chat and @Spoit said you don't have the BALLS to gift him even more stuff. I mean I told him you aussies were crazy, he just said you werent man enough to gift him even more.

n1woEHJ.png