As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STEAM | How the Nerdy Bourgeois Entertains Itself

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Hey AnteCantelope did you ever reveal the answer to that puzzle thing you mentioned a few days ago?

steam_sig.png
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Ugh.

Hate trying to buy card after card, only to have it already have been bought.

Then refreshing the page to see 20 of those very same cards re-listed at a markup by the same guy.

RT800 on
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Hey AnteCantelope did you ever reveal the answer to that puzzle thing you mentioned a few days ago?

I announced the winners and prizes but I don't think I revealed the secrets...

I sent out 10 gifts, with the binary code for a letter in each. Then another 8 gifts with duplicates so that there were more people with more letters, to make it easier to collect them all.

Together, they spelt "Ante Woz Ere", a little bit of graffiti spread across the forum's collective backlog.

• ShiflettShiflett Registered User regular
    @Big Classy hit me with Castle Crashers while I was asleep, thanks you classy duder!

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    @Fig-D commited class warfare on me by gifting me Shatter, Rochard and Quantum Conundrum!

Time to pay it forward. I sure wish Steam would let me buy multiple copies of a game ;)

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    human revolution isn't bad. I would venture to say it's good!

it's really atmospheric, the story is decently interesting, and you basically get to be cybernetic batman. It's relatively easy to see through the fourth wall if you go out of your way to look, but a lot of games are like that.

it's not as good as the original but then, neither is anything else.

also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A6eeeq_2TE

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Left 5 games I've beaten recently idle while I took the dog for a walk and came back to... 8 cards. You guys are certainly on to something here.

Maybe time played does have a retroactive effect on card drops afterall?

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    I recall there is a tool or some commands to check the region of the games that you own in your library, like ru, row, na etc...

Anyone rmb that? Thanks.

Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    man it's only day four or whatever and I've already worked through like my whole wishlist. Now if only a good farcry 3 deal would come back around I'd be set

NREqxl5.jpg
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    @DaxterMax just Swapped some class to me with The Swapper.

You guys are crazy.

Thanks this game looks pretty great!

Drake on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    man it's only day four or whatever and I've already worked through like my whole wishlist. Now if only a good farcry 3 deal would come back around I'd be set

between adding friends/looking through friend's wishlists, scouring game lists by genre for deals, and checking out this thread and the daily deals, my wishlist has doubled in size

however I've also found some great looking games I've never heard of so it's more of a positive but I don't see me getting through it any time soon.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch

I announced the winners and prizes but I don't think I revealed the secrets...

I sent out 10 gifts, with the binary code for a letter in each. Then another 8 gifts with duplicates so that there were more people with more letters, to make it easier to collect them all.

Together, they spelt "Ante Woz Ere", a little bit of graffiti spread across the forum's collective backlog.

Ah that is neat. I just recalled the bit about there being a giveaway and there wasn't a clue. Looked at the post .Then looked at your post history for a clue and then I did the giving up thing.

steam_sig.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    @Ashe @Karoz and @SlappyBag go check your steams. I'd hate for the gifter to feel....
    ...Dishonored ;)

So after gifting 4 copies of the same games to people on my friends list, I feel the final copy should go to a random member of our community. I haven't played the game myself, but apparently it got good reviews last year so I'm hoping y'all like :)

signature.png

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Variable wrote: »

between adding friends/looking through friend's wishlists, scouring game lists by genre for deals, and checking out this thread and the daily deals, my wishlist has doubled in size

however I've also found some great looking games I've never heard of so it's more of a positive but I don't see me getting through it any time soon.

Same. I've ran into some games I never would have looked into otherwise.

steam_sig.png
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Its back. You know you want it. So you can have it. The next big thing.

previous:
    Plans.jpg?psid=1
    Reposting.jpg?psid=1
    That%20Big.jpg?psid=1
    Monologing.jpg?psid=1

And now, it is still 6 frames, but to blow your mind, it is on its side... and with TEXT!
    The%20Battle.jpg?psid=1

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    @Ashe @Karoz and SlappyBag go check your steams. I'd hate for the gifter to feel....
    ...Dishonored ;)

So after gifting 4 copies of the same games to people on my friends list, I feel the final copy should go to a random member of our community. I haven't played the game myself, but apparently it got good reviews last year so I'm hoping y'all like :)

signature.png

What are you doing? Go play Dishonored, for those of us who can't.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Variable wrote: »

part of my problem(?) is that I'm pretty conditioned to never impulse buy anything like, ever. So even when something comes up that seems interesting or that I heard of that I hadn't thought about buying, for the most part it just sales past. So my wishlist is/was fairly small and I hardly ever add things to it.

I dunno, maybe some stuff will come up in the last few days of the sale that will really jump at me; I haven't even spent much cash so far really.

in other news, man the witcher 2 installation is gigantic

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Rollercoaster Tycoon won the vote. Not surprising.

I voted for eurotruck simulator

is it exactly what it says it is? The description of the game reads as though it's being deliberately ironic. It'd be awesome if you were like, halfway through my first delivery, the apocalypse happened, and then you're gordon freeman in a story entirely unrelated to trucking

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhat theeeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck @dyasalure? I am..... I'm not sure to be honest.

edited July 2013
    now I'm reading the metacritic reviews of eurotruck simulator and they're even more amusing

ed: for example:
    First time reviewer here. I never felt like writing one before; you either have something good to say or you simply ignore it. Well, this game is surprisingly good. I wish I had spent my money on it before instead of wasting 60 bucks on other over hyped games that fail to deliver. Anyway, I am not a huge truck simulator fan. In fact, this is the second simulator of its kind that I put my hands on...

is this real life? here is one written by some gaming website or other:
    Can this game already be called Simulation of the Year? Even before testing the Farming Simulator 2013? Maybe, but the Farming Simulator 2013 has one advantage: A multiplayer.

at this point I feel like I should buy it just for the five minutes I've spent giggling at these reviews

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Big Classy wrote: »
    whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhat theeeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck @dyasalure? I am..... I'm not sure to be honest.

It is very simple. I couldn't mentally change my PA thread icon unless I killed myself in a panel during the summer sale so that I could use the @HiT BiT art. really. I thought that was easy to get.

Edit:
    As I said in Chat, I'm not crazy, I'm mentally mis-understood.

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »

It is very simple. I couldn't mentally change my PA thread icon unless I killed myself in a panel during the summer sale so that I could use the @HiT BiT art. really. I thought that was easy to get.

That doesn't explain the giant explosive..

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    I voted for eurotruck simulator

is it exactly what it says it is? The description of the game reads as though it's being deliberately ironic. It'd be awesome if you were like, halfway through my first delivery, the apocalypse happened, and then you're gordon freeman in a story entirely unrelated to trucking

how do i make this game

steam_sig.png
    CorriganX wrote: »
    DyasAlure wrote: »

That doesn't explain the giant explosive..

What? oh, those are real pictures of me. I live in washington and have worked for eagle fireworks. They were a 12 inch class C and a 16 inch class C respectivly. You can no longer get 16 inch, and I have stopped working on the barge. I might do North Bend, as I can leave after it is set up. I got hit once, which is my my fiance doesn't like me doing it anymore. Nothing to do with the panel, I was showing off.

• emutheelfemutheelf Dr. Wankenstein Registered User regular
    Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion - Yay or nay? Have not played the original game nor do I really care for RTS games. Still silly and intrigued and salivating like a good Newell dog...

Current Game Rotation: Life is Strange, Super Mario Odyssey, Spelunky
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Can anyone tell me about the DLC for Dishonored? Knife of Dunwall is supposed to be good, right? What about Dunwall City Trials?

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    now I'm reading the metacritic reviews of eurotruck simulator and they're even more amusing

ed: for example:
    First time reviewer here. I never felt like writing one before; you either have something good to say or you simply ignore it. Well, this game is surprisingly good. I wish I had spent my money on it before instead of wasting 60 bucks on other over hyped games that fail to deliver. Anyway, I am not a huge truck simulator fan. In fact, this is the second simulator of its kind that I put my hands on...

is this real life? here is one written by some gaming website or other:
    Can this game already be called Simulation of the Year? Even before testing the Farming Simulator 2013? Maybe, but the Farming Simulator 2013 has one advantage: A multiplayer.

at this point I feel like I should buy it just for the five minutes I've spent giggling at these reviews

At one time multiple chatters in Adventure Team were absolutely hooked on Farming Simulator. My Steam Activity ticker would fill up with screenshots of new farming equipment, freshly plowed fields, orderly rows of crops growing in the cheery countryside.

@Viking, @Big Classy and @CorriganX can regale you with the stories.

So what's the deal with the trading cards? They're starting to cluster up my inventory
    @Ashe @Karoz and SlappyBag go check your steams. I'd hate for the gifter to feel....
    ...Dishonored ;)

signature.png

What are you doing? Go play Dishonored, for those of us who can't.
    I haven't even got around to finishing Bioshock Infinite. I'm so lazy!

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @antecantelop wins. At everything. Trying to go up against him when you wallet is on the line is like fighting a landwar with a Sicilian.

darnyouantetwo_zps969ab4e4.jpg

And there must be something about the ants, because @antoshka dropped the 7 steps on me

steam_sig.png
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    So uh

I guess Skyrim's going to be free if it wins the next vote?

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Vote. Skyrim.

well it says 40% off, so it'll probably be 40% off fifty bucks or whatever it usually costs.

it might even win, since tomb raider and bioshock have both just been on huge sales

NREqxl5.jpg
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Hoooookay, someone tell me about Carrier Command because I have never seen that before but it looks fun. It's too late to download the demo and check it out before I go to sleep and when I wake up there'll be new sales.

EDIT: man I had forgotten how much I loved Sins of a Solar Empire. Rebellion feels a lot more crisp or something. The ships seem to have better models and/or better textures, and the new backdrops are wonderful.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

So uh

is this Best Buy trolling us again?

steam_sig.png
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Skyrim for $0?

How about I pay $20 and you throw in a copy of Dark Souls?

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
    So uh

I'm salivating at the thought of being able to gift it to everybody on my friendslist, but if it really is free then they should be able to get themselves

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    SirMonty wrote: »
    Ah, the smell of a new thread!

With three days to go until I can access the Community market again, how would I best go about trading cards with you classy gents?
    Hit the chat.

sig.gif
    So uh

I'm salivating at the thought of being able to gift it to everybody on my friendslist, but if it really is free then they should be able to get themselves

steam servers would explode.

steam_sig.png