As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STEAM | How the Nerdy Bourgeois Entertains Itself

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    @antecantelop wins. At everything. Trying to go up against him when you wallet is on the line is like fighting a landwar with a Sicilian.

darnyouantetwo_zps969ab4e4.jpg

And there must be something about the ants, because @antoshka dropped the 7 steps on me

Darn it @corriganx. @antecantelope

steam_sig.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    signature.png

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    @antecantelope, eh?

*looks*

Nope. Not even going to try.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    @antecantelop wins. At everything. Trying to go up against him when you wallet is on the line is like fighting a landwar with a Sicilian.

darnyouantetwo_zps969ab4e4.jpg

And there must be something about the ants, because @antoshka dropped the 7 steps on me

Darn it @corriganx. @antecantelope

Wait, you hit me with a humble bundle that has enough RPG to last.. well a long @%@# time. no complaining. @spoit

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    @Spoit gets angry at me because he can't spell Ante's name right. INJUSTICE IN THIS WORLD. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    @Shiflett decided to class up the joint with a steam code. Unfortunately the code created an adverse reaction in my inventory and a previously applied catalyst created an enzyme that prevented code redemption.

Thank you for gifting me Space Chem! I had previously downloaded it but didn't have it installed yet.

Classy puzzles to hurt the brain? Why yes please. It's the thought that counts! Thank you.

steam_sig.png
    @Shiflett may be a Classhole saboteur of the highest degree. As I was thanking him for thinking to give me Space Chem I alt-tabbed to the forums and wham Jamestown instead.

Did he do it on purpose? Is he a nefarious mastermind of the classiest degree? I do not know but Shiflett you are on the list. I will have revenge.

Duck on Duck crime is the greatest tragedy.

and it will continue.

steam_sig.png
  • Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    human revolution isn't bad. I would venture to say it's good!

it's really atmospheric, the story is decently interesting, and you basically get to be cybernetic batman. It's relatively easy to see through the fourth wall if you go out of your way to look, but a lot of games are like that.

it's not as good as the original but then, neither is anything else.

also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A6eeeq_2TE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6e0abCt1ww

I rest my case.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    @DoctorArch is a classy gent who gifted me DX:HR!

:shock:

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    They fixed Skyrim's price. It'll be $36 bucks if it wins.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Nothing should be above 50% off in the sale, silly Skyrim.

Xeddicus on
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Skyrim showed up as $0.00 for a minute for me. I'm not sure about taking games for free, that seems shady, but that is a hard to resist price! Good thing I already have the game.

Is Ghost Master a halloween themed Bad Rats?

steam_sig.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Ghost Master's apparently pretty decent, so there's that pretty fundamental difference.

• LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    They fixed Skyrim's price. It'll be $36 bucks if it wins.

Waaaay too expensive. They're not even trying.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    repost:
    Its back. You know you want it. So you can have it. The next big thing.

previous:
    Plans.jpg?psid=1
    Reposting.jpg?psid=1
    That%20Big.jpg?psid=1
    Monologing.jpg?psid=1

And now, it is still 6 frames, but to blow your mind, it is on its side... and with TEXT!
    The%20Battle.jpg?psid=1

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    FYI, I've been waved off from Carrier Command by someone who preordered it on the basis of loving the original. So he was even more disappointed than I was (since all I had to go on was the really nice looking trailers). In his words:

"You know how X-Com basically took the original game and managed to streamline it to make it easier to play without sacrificing the fun and original gameplay? CC: Gaea Mission is pretty much an example of what happens when you get that process wrong."

Based on his comments and the aggregated reviews I've found online, the main issue is that the AI for the allied vehicles that are supposed to follow you, provide cover, attack your target, etc is as dumb as rocks. They get stuck in the terrain and other things that would be hilarious if you weren't expecting them to be backing you up. The practical result is that there's only one truly combat effective unit at a time, the one that you are driving. Also, it starts off with an FPS segment in which your character has to get to the carrier to begin the main strategy segment. Fortunately, he's equipped with a fast-charging shield, a gun with a nice big magazine that kills bad guys in one hit, and... no ability to sprint OR jump, so it's just a tedious run jog through lots of waist-high fence and crate mazes. Add some slightly dodgy voice acting and other issues, and it apparently all adds up to one great big ball of unrealized potential. :p

"I wanted to like it, but what I hoped for just isn't there."

Commander Zoom on
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Hmm, it seems Skyrim just won't hit the price I'm hoping for during this sale. Oh, well! At least I've got Dishonored and a huge backlog to keep me occupied 'till the winter sale.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    New thread already? Good work.

Also the fact that the votes right now are for three deals we've already had (I think Skyrim was day 1 wasn't it?) is lame.

(Sorry for the double-post, but I'm told this won't work if I just edit it in.)

@Drake , care to offer your thoughts?

• FredZ89FredZ89 Huehuehueh Registered User regular
    Hmm I just checked the trailer for Reus, it looks quite good. Anybody played it yet, how is it?

Currently Playing: MH4U
    My Steam profile
    3DS: 1435-3951-4785
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I have all three games currently up for vote, have beaten them all.

While Skyrim has the most depth, and would totally be worth the price, I voted for Tomb Raider, my GOTY for 2013 so far. At $12.50, no one has any excuse not to own it.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Well damn. I thought I'd taught a lesson to @Shiflett and we could call it even and move on. But nooooo, he waited until I was asleep and hit me with a Roller Coaster Tycoon.

This does not end things, sir! Not at all!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    FredZ89 wrote: »
    Hmm I just checked the trailer for Reus, it looks quite good. Anybody played it yet, how is it?

When in doubt, Giant Bomb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fhhnbQUmB1U

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    I have all three games currently up for vote, have beaten them all.

While Skyrim has the most depth, and would totally be worth the price, I voted for Tomb Raider, my GOTY for 2013 so far. At $12.50, no one has any excuse not to own it.

That's... are you sure you meant 'depth'? Skyrim is widely described as being "wide, but very shallow".

edit: I came to post that I voted for TR and ended up with a duplicate Tomb Raider SSG card. Looking to trade it (or another) for an FM 2013 card.

Tamin on
    Burnage wrote: »

Ghost Master's apparently pretty decent, so there's that pretty fundamental difference.

Hm. It looked pretty odd from the screen shots. Guess it's time to find out.

steam_sig.png
  • SirMontySirMonty Mount Backlog, Base CampRegistered User regular
    More Haiku!

Summer Sale is here
    Wallets take flight gracefully
    Never to return

steam_sig.png
  • iowaiowa Registered User regular
    you guys want to hear something funny.
    first off this is how my computer is set up right now:
    0716030054_zpsfa801988.jpg
    its in the kitchen because its the only place that will pickup my friends wireless signal. the door on the left leads right out to the hallway.

anyway when im at the computer i can hear my friend go to and from work each shift because she has to bring her bike in through the hallway right by my door. it was a little past midnight this morning and i was checking the steam sale and could hear her coming back from her shift. i waited until i could hear the bike right outside my door and then i quickly opened it and tried to abduct her and drag her into my apartment. she let out the loudest scream ever and tried to throw the bike onto me. i thought it was the funniest thing. this is how i treat the women in my life.

FredZ89 wrote: »

Basically imagine one of those twisty knot puzzles where you have to think how to set up getting the knot untangled to win. Now imagine five of those going on at the same time, all with different requirements. You're also timed to get as many of these little puzzles done as possible.

Also the puzzles turn into assholes and start attacking eachother if you puzzle too fast, except sometimes this is a good thing and required to win.

It's pretty unique and fun.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    There was a @Spoit-backlog-bashing overnight and I missed it?

Phooey.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    iowa wrote: »
    you guys want to hear something funny.
    first off this is how my computer is set up right now:
    0716030054_zpsfa801988.jpg
    its in the kitchen because its the only place that will pickup my friends wireless signal. the door on the left leads right out to the hallway.

anyway when im at the computer i can hear my friend go to and from work each shift because she has to bring her bike in through the hallway right by my door. it was a little past midnight this morning and i was checking the steam sale and could hear her coming back from her shift. i waited until i could hear the bike right outside my door and then i quickly opened it and tried to abduct her and drag her into my apartment. she let out the loudest scream ever and tried to throw the bike onto me. i thought it was the funniest thing. this is how i treat the women in my life.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Has there been a game with no sale discount that became a daily or a flash?

I know Magic 2014 just came out, but they would move a lot of copies with even a modest discount. I want to sling some copies around, but it just feels wrong at full MSRP.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • SirMontySirMonty Mount Backlog, Base CampRegistered User regular
    Anybody want to trade cards? Just add me on Steam.

steam_sig.png
    @iowa:
    That was actually not funny. At all.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Ghost Master looks like the old Genesis game The Haunting Featuring Polterguy. I plan to do a little indie shopping post pay check... I'll have to add that in.

We don't need everyone to chime in on what a fucking idiot he is*, let's move on with the thread.

*he's a fucking idiot

Iolo wrote: »
    Has there been a game with no sale discount that became a daily or a flash?

I know Magic 2014 just came out, but they would move a lot of copies with even a modest discount. I want to sling some copies around, but it just feels wrong at full MSP.

Being at full price during the sale is a mistake IMO. You gotta have a 10% discount at least just so you have that fashionable green tag and the other games don't laugh at you.

Steam is currently displaying a vote for a flash sale that will reduce the cost of Skyrim to £0.00. Whoops.

• John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    All this talk of £0 Skyrim reminded me. I wonder if we will get something similar to the 90% ( I think ) discount on everything Sleeping Dogs that we got during the winter sale that lasted for like 30 minutes last year.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    All this talk of £0 Skyrim reminded me. I wonder if we will get something similar to the 90% ( I think ) discount on everything Sleeping Dogs that we got during the winter sale that lasted for like 30 minutes last year.

Sleeping Dogs used to cost way more, though. It was just 6 bucks the other day. We also had those Tomb Raider games for 80 cents each.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00