As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn] Next Beta This Wednesday July 10 (Lasts Five Days!)

• Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    Always loved that comic and the vgcats ffxi ones(ran into so many Ternaldos).

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    I could really get behind "The Omega Hare" or just "Omega Hare"

It's a subtle nod and the name itself is kind of silly but not overly so. I like it :D

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Huh...3011 score at 1680x1050 BW with the Maximum preset. Guess my old HD 5770 has more oomph than I thought.

I was running the game at Standard and having problems...then again, I don't play MMOs without watching shows on my other monitor.

I should probably use the laptop for that instead...

• Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    Yeah, actually the Omega Hare one is good. I completely forgot about that comic until whoever it was linked it in the thread.

Been a few years since my last re-read of all the PA archives.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Yeah I am cool with that too, for the LS or FC.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    There's not a lot known about PvP at this point, since it's not in and not a lot is known, but afaik it's a top level thing anyway. It's not like you're gonna get ganked WoW PvP server style.

I've read that the planned PvP down the line is 4 and 8 man arena's and a pvp lake like WvW in GW2. But that's just rumor as far as I know.

untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    What's the word on Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar?

Will it be available at launch? Will it even see any testing?

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    What's the word on Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar?

Will it be available at launch? Will it even see any testing?

Yes. No, unless you count p4 as testing, but you shouldn't.

untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Have they even given us any class info? Such as skills? Or in the case of the Summoner - what summons will be available at launch?

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Have they even given us any class info? Such as skills? Or in the case of the Summoner - what summons will be available at launch?

I saw some datamined skills somewhere, but I'm too lazy to go digging. Summoner was described as pretty much a WoW warlock, mostly dots and pets. Don't know which summons will be at launch (besides carbuncle), but they have shown pictures of Ifrit and Titan.

untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Anarchist and its Jobs will not be available until launch. Anarchist gets Carby whilst scholar gets a fairy and summoner gets baby primals. Other that that there is not a lot of concrete info on them as they are still in development.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    jdmichaljdmichal Registered User regular
    I'm down with the Omega Hare. It reminds me so much of the first time I found Jaggedy-Eared Jack... The comic is an accurate portrayal of that day.

XBox Live: KillerCodeMonky | Steam: KillerCodeMonky
    SC2: KillerCodeMk | LoL: KillerCodeMonky | FFXIV: Shea Demvas (Sargantas)
    Ghost in the Linkshell Item Requisitioning
    Let me know you are from PA, otherwise I will likely ignore you.
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i'm pretty sure that runs into the same problem of a lot of people not wanting a comic joke for a guild name

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Anarchist and its Jobs will not be available until launch. Anarchist gets Carby whilst scholar gets a fairy and summoner gets baby primals. Other that that there is not a lot of concrete info on them as they are still in development.

I been reading that arcanist will be an option to play in phase 4. I gotta check the forums again to see if it's true or not.

Naturally it makes sense, might as well have people play the new class/job to see if there is any bugs or balance issues that need to be addressed.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I agree with Omega Hare.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    What the heck's the Anarchist's early skills? Throw Molotov? :P

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

Down With The System: Grants immunity to your raid leader's instructions for 30 seconds. 90 second recast :P

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    So much fc/ls discussion happened in the last 24 hours and i missed all of it :(

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I'm not seeing a problem with Lalafell House

It's just as much a joke name as Omega Hare or what have you, and it's not a digital fedora like We Are Nice Guys, and it's not a dick joke either.

If/when we vote, Lalafell House is my vote.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Oh my goodness do I like the term digital fedora, it's perfect

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Alternatively: House of Falafels

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Spectrum wrote: »

Sow Unrest.

Wait no that might be Revolutionist.

Also Omega Hare is is only a slight nod to PA and references FFXI as well which at least makes it relevant. Once of the most memorable things in FFXI (among many things) was how you could very easily get your ass handed to you by a ladybug or small rabbit.

As much as I like Falafel (It is quite tasty) I like Omega Hare more :D

It reminds me of very fond times.

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    @Greg USN How many people are you bringing in?
    And who here is NOT going to join the FC if it is named something you don't like?

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    I didn't even notice that i was reading it wrong and the suggested name is instead Falafel House.

That's even better.

Though I did lol at "Inevitable Schism"

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Not opposed to having it being literally called inevitable schism

It might seem like I'm taking this all very seriously but please keep in mind I'm not actually and am up for anything~

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Not opposed to having it being literally called inevitable schism

It might seem like I'm taking this all very seriously but please keep in mind I'm not actually and am up for anything~

Well I am opposed to that so let's not

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    Huuuh? So sorry if a repeat question, anyone know how long phase 4 will be?

Via YoshiP at the E3 Q&A the open beta will probably end just a few days before the early start, so there really won't be much downtime at all.

I am so confused. I thought Phase 4 was the early start, as in characters made in Phase 4 (open beta which anyone can join) would not be wiped and would continue into the live game?

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Zyrxil wrote: »
    Huuuh? So sorry if a repeat question, anyone know how long phase 4 will be?

Via YoshiP at the E3 Q&A the open beta will probably end just a few days before the early start, so there really won't be much downtime at all.

I am so confused. I thought Phase 4 was the early start, as in characters made in Phase 4 (open beta which anyone can join) would not be wiped and would continue into the live game?

Beta 4 is the "Open Beta", will reportedly last 1 week, and then the servers will go down for a few days. After that the Early Access will start for the people who pre-ordered and at the end of that (it should also only be a few days) the game will go Live to the masses.

There is no wipe planned for Beta 4, however they reserve the right to wipe should it be necessary.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Sionnach RuaSionnach Rua FFXIV: Sionnach RuaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Lol kind of love how Omega Hare popped back up. It was one of the suggestions I made, before the thread kind of went with wang. Though on the safe side what Farg said farther up

And was there contention with what Dude with Herpes mentioned earlier, about letting the SE++ guys pick the name?

Edit: Oh and since I apparently lack some of the funnybone, what is the humor with Falafel House? It's more or less lost on me, is it just cause its rhymey?

Sionnach Rua on
    FFXIV Character: Sionnach Rua on Sargantanas. Join us on Ghost in the Linkshell! The company site is: gitl.enjin.com

I just make random noises... mreh
  • Options
    re: Falafell House

http://www.wafflehouse.com/

It's a chain restaurant in the US. Big iconic yellow sign.

At least, that was my take on it.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Greasiest spoon restaurant you can find as a chain. And, at 3 in the morning, nothing soaks up the booze in your system like a waffle and hash browns.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Also, Lalafell is close to Falafell.

• Options
    there's that too yeah

and who doesn't like falafel?

that one dude in Batman Begins, and he was a jerk.

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

I think the joke is actually that Lalafell is close to Falafell, thus Lalafell House seeing as there are tons of places in the U.S. called Falafell House. Nothing to do with waffles at all.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Of what's been suggested I like Omega Hare the best.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Esh wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »

I think the joke is actually that Lalafell is close to Falafell, thus Lalafell House seeing as there are tons of places in the U.S. called Falafell House. Nothing to do with waffles at all.

oh, okay then. I've never seen a Falafel House, so I guess that went over my head too.

• Options
    fftruelogo_by_riokenng3-d6dqbz1.png

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I am objecting to Lalafel house. It is an SE++ inside joke, and is not inclusive for other forum members. All of our proposals, even the penis jokes, have at least not been exclusive to a forumer subset.

Part of the reason we looked mainly at comic references as names was that at least everyone had a chance of seeing it and recognising where it came from.

That and I really dislike lalafel. :(

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    It's a play on words. Nothing inside about it.

• Options
    Object to it in the vote that we keep saying we'll have.

This discussion has been closed.