As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn] Next Beta This Wednesday July 10 (Lasts Five Days!)

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I agree. Hell I made that joke back a couple of pages here.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Sionnach RuaSionnach Rua FFXIV: Sionnach RuaRegistered User regular
    In the sense of fair, at least from my view, GnT got to choose the server, so SE++ gets to name the FC. That seems only fair to me

FFXIV Character: Sionnach Rua on Sargantanas. Join us on Ghost in the Linkshell! The company site is: gitl.enjin.com

I just make random noises... mreh
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    yes

also i don't see whats inside jokey or exclusionary about lalafell/falafell house, its a play on words based off a popular kinda-shitty chain

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    I like omega hair or hare whatever you want to call it.

Seriously, Yoshi-P gotta add a butt slider to this damn character creator.

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    I also cast my vote for Omega Hare.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I can get behind that.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    se++ could have a problem with it as it invokes the same problem many of them/us had with WANG, which was "dumb penny arcade comic joke"

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    Omega Hares also kind of fits in with that cutscene that showed the "leaders" standing on a cliff during the big fight where Dalamud exploded and Bahamut came out. They were referring to various military units and they were all named for some sort of animal. So to me it sounds like a likely name for a group in that world.

• RobesRobes Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    ignore

Robes on
    "Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    se++ could have a problem with it as it invokes the same problem many of them/us had with WANG, which was "dumb penny arcade comic joke"

Kind of, but at least it's a reference to Final Fantasy. I thought that SE++ had a problem with the juvenile penis reference thing? I didn't know it was an issue with referencing PA at all.

The only reason I don't really care for the WANG thing is that it is just overplayed. (Ironically The Oosiks is a dick reference but it's obscure enough to still be funny/clever :) )

Omega Hare references FFXI which I think is a neat throwback for a FFXIV guild, it's less about PA (Where the wang thing is definitely PA) and more about the difficulty of FFXI and how the game has changed since then. I men we could call it 'Deadly Ladybug' for the same meaning (Although Omega Hare sounds cooler ;) )

Just my thoughts.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    omega hare seems primarily supported by g&t however, and though i don't know what kind of numbers we are working with w/r/t number of people from gt vs se++ we could have a situation where gt decided the server and then also the FC name

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I can solve this. Let's make it a FF thing.

Silly Hume, Mithra are for Men

Short: Manthra

If that's too long, maybe:

Real Men Play Mithra

am0n on
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    yo I'm not buying FFXIV any time soon but as a supporter of Excellent Puns y'all better pic Falalafell House

the reason

think of the winter event themes you could do

Come on guys, I can't promote this enough
    abom_by_riokenng3-d6dqx5s.png

• Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Robes wrote: »
    @Greg USN How many people are you bringing in?
    And who here is NOT going to join the FC if it is named something you don't like?
    @Robes I have almost 30 that have shown interest in playing and around 10 that show siginificant interest. so lets say between 5-30. They will be ok if its not named WANG, its just what we are used to from our TERA days.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Gyral wrote: »
    Greasiest spoon restaurant you can find as a chain. And, at 3 in the morning, nothing soaks up the booze in your system like a waffle and hash browns.

I lived in a Hotel in New Orleans for over a year while my ship was being built. There was one of these in the parking lot. Nothing like SWTOR or TERA with rum till 4am on a saturday then stumble a dozen yards to the WH for a sausage egg and cheese biscuit

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
    Falafell house already has all this sick propaganda made for us

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Hunter_KillersHunter_Killers Registered User regular
    Greg USN wrote: »
    And who here is NOT going to join the FC if it is named something you don't like?
    @Robes I have almost 30 that have shown interest in playing and around 10 that show siginificant interest. so lets say between 5-30. They will be ok if its not named WANG, its just what we are used to from our TERA days.

I would prefer just sticking to WANG.

4efe575fea51ec35.png
    Greg USN wrote: »

I would prefer just sticking to WANG.

Yar me too, but in the interest of fun and inclusion I'm honestly ok with whatever =)

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    I know some of you are promoting this "Falafell" thing. I just have to say though, no such thing exists where I live. Therefore if there is a vote, I proclaim that you should vote for the critter with big sharp pointy teeth.

I've never been to a Waffle House either. I never even HAD a falafel in my life.

But as @hullis said. Puns are excellent.

• RobesRobes Registered User regular
    I have proposed a voting system in the SE++ thread.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/27390199/#Comment_27390199

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I personally like We Are Nice Guys with either WANG or NICE as the short form. Lalafell House and the various permutations just don't do it for me.

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    If you are planning to cast a vote that way, please google it first to make sure you understand the possible negative connotations of a Nice Guy

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    What A Nasty Group. <WHAT>

edited July 2013
    Fonjo wrote: »

I don't suggest googling "Nasty Group" as I just did, as it has much more negative connotations than "Nice Guy". Well depending on what you're into I guess ;)

You have been forewarned.

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png

I don't suggest googling "Nasty Group" as I just did, as it has much more negative connotations than "Nice Guy". Well depending on what you're into I guess ;)

Why would you do that!?

Why would you do that!?

For SCIENCE!

delphinidaes.png

Why would you do that!?

For SCIENCE!

A reasonable reason.

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    If you're looking at 'Nice Guy' in that way you're taking it out of context and interpreting it in an entirely different manner than it's intended to be. I'm sorry, but get over yourselves. It's an acronym thinly veiled as a dick joke.

After the last few days WANG has little traction with either group compared to Omega Hare, Falfall House, or the burgeoning Ghost in the Linkshell.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure anyone immediately leaping to that interpretation of We Are Nice Guys should see a psychiatrist, psychologist, or neurologist.

• EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    What's the interpretation? Google and Bing don't bring up anything weird.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Esh wrote: »
    What's the interpretation? Google and Bing don't bring up anything weird.

There were a few articles about self-described "nice guys" on dating sites, but they're misogynistic assholes in person. And a lot of them wore fedoras too.

I get that the term "nice guy" doesn't mean that, but it's been tainted a bit by people like that, especially online. So I understand if some people here want to avoid any accidental connotation.

• Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    I had no idea whatsoever that was a thing. Thanks for the enlightment.

• Hunter_KillersHunter_Killers Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I got a pre-order/early access code from EB. Although I don't think you can even use them yet.

Hunter_Killers on
    4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I got a pre-order/early access code from EB. Although I don't think you can even use them yet.

You can't. I got one from Amazon with a link to a page that simply says to sign up to be told when you can use them.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    If you're looking at 'Nice Guy' in that way you're taking it out of context and interpreting it in an entirely different manner than it's intended to be. I'm sorry, but get over yourselves. It's an acronym thinly veiled as a dick joke.

After the last few days WANG has little traction with either group compared to Omega Hare, Falfall House, or the burgeoning Ghost in the Linkshell.

What?!

WHAT?!

If we don't pick that I am going to make my own FC and name it that.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Cormac wrote: »

What?!

WHAT?!

If we don't pick that I am going to make my own FC and name it that.

Might want to get in line, there have been threats of that already :D

delphinidaes.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Ghost in the Linkshell doesn't even make sense as a FC name though. Linkshell? Sure.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Actually it wouldn't surprise me for that or falafell house to go extremely quickly, like all the legacy guys moving to sangantanas will be making guilds all at once I imagine

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
This discussion has been closed.