As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Make a new thread already.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    You can regular-party those Ops at 55? Really?

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    You can regular-party those Ops at 55? Really?

Cant queue for them, but theres a weekly thatll get you 12 ultimate and 12 elite coms so.

• kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Hell, back before you could get to 55, I 4-manned EV Story a couple times. It's a really easy operation. You can probably do KP too, though Jarg and Sorno might be tricky with only one person tanking.

kafziel on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I just got finished with a 16 man NP KP run. We actually had 16 people and they were all level 55s, so you'd think it would be ridiculously easy. Nooooope.

Although to be fair we still one-shot most everything, even with all the people dying whenever a boss looked at them funny.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    kafziel wrote: »
    Hell, back before you could get to 55, I 4-manned EV Story a couple times. It's a really easy operation. You can probably do KP too, though Jarg and Sorno might be tricky with only one person tanking.

I singled tanked Jarg and Sorno back when the level limit was 50. It's definitely doable.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    You know when you queue for PvP and it insta-pops, only to thow you in a 5-man team, that's under on Navaro Coast, 12 - 100, and the enemy has two full nodes an 9/10 of the third one ...

That's when you're happy that
    1) you remembered to start recording, and
    2) your team is a bunch of "Never Say Die!"

Sweetest win in a long time.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    please upload that and link it here

would love to see it

ObiFett wrote: »
    please upload that and link it here

would love to see it

Don't laugh, but I'vew never uploaded any video, so not sure if it'll turn out fine.
    Also, it looks like the first 11 seconds are borked... :(
    I have to run now, but if this works, I'll try to upload the rest shortly.

Worked for me, although while 720p was an option I dont think it actually displayed in 720p. I think thats a YouTube issue though.

yeah, that worked! post the rest!

after playing since launch, I'm just now getting into PvP. I would love to see it from another perspective

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    15cc spent. You know I only logged in to switch the security key app to my new smartphone and to cancel my account.

Instead I bought trinkets and will likely play some more after I get done working out.

I am in an abusive relationship with this game.

I couldn't figure out how to buy the title for your entire account, not just one character. How do?

• WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    I believe it goes into your Cartel collections?

253J736.png
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    15cc spent. You know I only logged in to switch the security key app to my new smartphone and to cancel my account.

Instead I bought trinkets and will likely play some more after I get done working out.

I couldn't figure out how to buy the title for your entire account, not just one character. How do?

After purchasing and using the title for a character, log into another character and open Collections (either through your inventory or through the cartel market window), find the Titles section, and you should be able to find it under (I think) special titles.

Ok if we're showing off PVP, I made this video a while ago (back when the level limit was 50) where my team complete owned the imps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPguZEr4QhM

I need to fraps pvp more often, some of them are great.

How are you so zoomed out?

edited July 2013
    Also that's before I put a few of my most used skills on my mouse, but I've never been that good about keybinding in this game because there's so many skills.

Edit: Also, also, that was back when resolve was actually somewhat useful.

Cambiata on

You can change the maximum zoom in the controls options.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

After purchasing and using the title for a character, log into another character and open Collections (either through your inventory or through the cartel market window), find the Titles section, and you should be able to find it under (I think) special titles.

That is not needlessly complicated and obtuse at all! It's almost like they want to disguise the fact that they have an economical way to get a single title for all characters, instead of you buying it a bunch of times!

• CormacCormac Registered User regular

You can change a line in the config ini file to zoom out much much farther than the in game options allow you to.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1068010-Extend-Max-Camera-Distance-to-200-or-More

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    Cormac wrote: »

You can change a line in the config ini file to zoom out much much farther than the in game options allow you to.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1068010-Extend-Max-Camera-Distance-to-200-or-More

I didn't change any ini file, the settings are right there in the game to zoom out. Maximum camera zoom it's called in the settings I believe. I just put it as far out as it would go.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    This patch may have broken something, I got recruited for an HM KP. The instance gate shows HM, but we're getting SM lockouts/gear/fight mechanics.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    You know I was wondering about that last night... did a KP NM 16 man. All we got were black hole drops, no tokens for dread guard gear at all. I figured that was the way it was supposed to be and only EC give dread guard now?

edited July 2013
    Also KP doesn't have many additional mechanics at harder levels - Jarg and Sorno have extra carbonize droids (two instead of one at HM level. four at NM level) and fabricator has more adds and that's basically it. The rest is just added health, no added mechanics.

Cambiata on
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Which is why we didn't notice until we got to fabricator.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    edited July 2013
    yeah, that worked! post the rest!

after playing since launch, I'm just now getting into PvP. I would love to see it from another perspective

No, no, no, no ... this is no instruction video, or "An introduction to PvP", or How-to-do-things-right. :)
    I'm doing PvP (and FP) to power-level a tank, and I'm to lazy to re-spec. every time I PvP.
    There are others who are much better at telling you about what to do, and how.
    Even (especially) in this very thread.

This is just to show you that as a PvE:er you don't need to be afraid of jumping into some PvP when ever you have a couple of minutes to kill.
    No one (except me) knew I was capturing this, so no one had an incentive to turn their gameplay up to eleven.
    And I have no illusions of me turning the tides, or anything like that. I just happened to capture my teams effort during the last minute or eight.

Disclaimers aside,
    "That was close" and .... Skeleton Crew

Note: I play on a 1080 display, so it's a bit crowded.

A rundown of (some of) what happens in the Skeleton Crew video
    00:00 I thought we needed West, so we could work from there. I didn't even notice that my team was already capturing South ("mid").
    00:02 - 00:14 Picture Freezes as the capturing software is trying to keep up. But the audio still works just fine. :)
    00:30 Usually a bad idea to Triple-cap. But I wanted to get a feel for where they were. And not let them feel they could push strong on South.
    01:10 Well what do you know...
    01:50 I don't want to leave East, for fear of a stealther sneaking up and starting to capture (even if just a little). So I don't engage, but wait for them to come to me. (Not a great strategy if they have more people on the way. :))
    02:13 At first I wanted to ask my teammate to bring him over to me ... but I didn't want to be that guy. Especially not when my team is doing so well. You don't mess with perfection!
    02:18 Realize what's happening West. (!!!)
    02:50 We have people coming to West, and we can't risk East. So off to East we go...
    02:58 I hit Ctrl + 2 (cc breaker) instead of Alt + 2 (Guard).
    03:08 1 there, 1 Incoming ... and 1 stealther. AoE time™
    03:22 I'm to slow with my cone attack as one of them gets behind me.
    At the same time, I don't want to risk anyone sneaking behind me, so I keep moving back instead of supporting my teammates ... so I die.
    03:43 I don't want to let them feel like they comfortably have South. So I head there hoping to get some (of their) people there.
    04:14 I'd rather fight him on "our side" of the bunker. Force any support to come all the way over to us.
    04:35 Not doing so well. I was trying to snatch a tenth, but they wouldn't let me.
    04:43 I'm not marking the healer because I didn't even notice them healing. Not good.
    05:04 This is not skill or knowledge. This is just High Risk behavior. I didn't know if they had anyone sneaking through to West.
    05:09 ... but they don't seem to have anyone coming from South to West. So either they are staying there, or they are sent to attack my teammates who are now on East. Checking the mini-map ... We have people respawning that can go West/South. Lets go help the two on East.
    05:23 3-on-2 is so much better than 2-vs-2.
    05:31 Instead of attacking the enemy that my team isn't attacking, I switch to the one that we are. (Focus fire is good.)
    05:53 There are 4 of us on East. Nill on West. They know that we have a lot of people East, so they may very well send someone for West.
    06:13 No stealther as far as I can see.
    Oh no ...
    06:54 1 inc west ... Someone else already noticed. :) Gotta love attentive teammates.

Commodore75 on
    Hello everyone!

Here is a fresh update on where we are at in terms of hitting our schedules for the Summer of SWTOR, and a recap of all the exciting things we have in the works for the months ahead. The usual disclaimer applies that all of the below dates are the dates the teams are shooting for. As you saw with Game Update 2.2.2 which had to be moved back by one day, it’s entirely possible these will move!

On July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a two week long run:

-Per community request the event will scale up to level 55 on this next run, including better loot rewards, commendations, and achievements
    -Possible drops include a new Sphere Transport Enclosure vehicle

August 6th is still looking good for Game Update 2.3:
    Players can look forward to the namesake of this update, Titans of Industry – a story arc that encompasses two new Flashpoints at level 55: Czerka Corporate Labs, and Czerka Core Meltdown. CZ-198 is a major weapons research and development facility under the direction of a power-mad Czerka Corporation scientist named Rasmus Blys. In addition to two Flashpoints where players will confront Rasmus and his creations, CZ-198 offers new daily missions for players looking to earn credits, commendations, and reputation rewards. The new Flashpoints are available in both story mode and hard mode. In order to ensure you can jump right into the action, we’re trying something new. The story modes for the new Czerka Flashpoints are role-neutral, which means Group Finder will match you with the first three players it finds, regardless of your group role. Hard mode will of course require a fully balanced group, offering new challenges for you and your friends at level 55. CZ-198 offers some great new reputation rewards, including new Czerka adaptive gear, mini-pets, some incredibly powerful new droid companion gear and schematics, and the Czerka Executive Cruiser – a luxury landspeeder that oozes style. Also in 2.3 we are introducing the new Companion Character Treek, a deadly and resourceful killer who also happens to be an Ewok.

August 13th is our target date for our next all new event: Bounty Contract Week!
    Bounty Contract Week provides new missions with full voice-over that will take you on a hunt for high-value bounty targets across the galaxy. Each bounty contract scales to your level, from 15 to 55, providing experience, credits, commendations, and reputation with the Bounty Brokers Association. Players will have opportunities to interrogate informants, make dark and light side decisions, and kill or capture their ultimate target. Each time you take a contract, it has a chance to play out a little differently, depending on the information you gather during your hunt. Once you’ve completed enough contracts, you can accept even more dangerous missions to take down notorious crime Kingpins! Rewards include a new mount, new adaptive gear, and a unique companion customization for HK-51! Completing bounty contracts can also earn you achievements which unlock special legacy titles, and even Cartel Coins! Bounty Contract Week is a monthly event, so if you miss it the first time, don’t worry – it will return next month!

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:

-The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
    -New Operation: Dread Fortress
    -New Operation: Dread Palace
    -New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
    -New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information.

edited July 2013
    October for a new raid doesnt sound terrible considering I assumed we werent getting anything until December. Then, its quite possible that the raid will be pushed back so...

Im more excited about the new flashpoints and Im pleased that theres going to be a repeatable event that actually has a schedule. Itd be nice if they would put the other events on some kind of schedule but whatever, baby steps.

EDIT: Oh, Im going to a cantina tour thing (I was promised free booze) so if there are any questions you guys would like to me ask let me know. I think its tomorrow?

emp123 on
    Another tale from PVP, here is a glitched out match where we attempted to see how how the scoreboard would let us go. Was foiled by someone accidentally throwing the ball away, and being unable to get the ball back since it didn't respawn. For those who don't PVP, Huttball games are supposed to end when either team gets 6 goals or when the timer runs out, whichever happens first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLcmGNqspqU

• DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    Alright so, if I dropped ten bucks on this to pick up some quality of life stuff, anyone got any suggestions? Hiding the head slot and unifying equipment colors are obviously on the list. But I'm not sure what else I wanna pick up.

Well if you don't have it open yet, score the Cargo Hold unlock so you have a bank to put stuff in. There's also Cargo Bay unlocks to add more spaces to the hold. Oh, whatever you do, make sure you buy the Account-type unlocks rather then Character-type.

• PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    I also found the Artifact Authorization very useful (it lets you equip purple (the best) gear).

• DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    Hmm, is Artifact Authorization THAT useful for mostly just going through the storylines? That's an extra twelve bucks by itself, and I don't know if purple gear even comes up that often for a Preferred player with zero interest in endgame.

Ass, spent my credits because I figured a regular white hawkeye crystal wasn't gonna show up, and some show up right after. Anyone wanna snag one and hold it for me until I have the credits? (shadowlands server)

edited July 2013
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Well if you don't have it open yet, score the Cargo Hold unlock so you have a bank to put stuff in. There's also Cargo Bay unlocks to add more spaces to the hold. Oh, whatever you do, make sure you buy the Account-type unlocks rather then Character-type.

Keep in mind that if you actually spend cash-money in Bioware's cartel shop (and aren't buying these from the GTN) then the cargo hold unlock happens automatically because buying from the store in any amount puts you on preferred status.

My recommendation for what to buy with cartel coins is extra quickbars (max you can have is 6 but I use all of them. Preferred automatically gets 4) and rocket boost.

Cambiata on
  • PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    Digito wrote: »
    Hmm, is Artifact Authorization THAT useful for mostly just going through the storylines? That's an extra twelve bucks by itself, and I don't know if purple gear even comes up that often for a Preferred player with zero interest in endgame.

That's a personal preference I guess! I had a lvl50 from before the f2p days when I started playing again, who was able to provide my new alts with money for good gear. And personally I enjoy being highly geared when leveling because I'm in it for the story and I'm not wild about MMO gameplay, so whatever makes that easier/faster is worth it to me.

edited July 2013
    Purples tend to drop just from adventuring around planets. I think they increased the drop rate of purple gear in fact, maybe to entice people to buy the unlock even if they aren't end game raiding. There's also the crafted purples that you can't wear, of course, but I don't usually craft above blue for leveling - but sometimes a purple armor or mod is your reward for a mission.

Cambiata on
    Also, assuming you have the expansion, the Makeb planetary vendor's stock is entirely purple.

NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Also, assuming you have the expansion, the Makeb planetary vendor's stock is entirely purple.

Well I'm assuming that if someone questions whether artifact unlocks are any good, then they also aren't interested in end game content at all.

If you're just going through the class stories, the artifact unlock is maybe not all that useful. Though you might get annoyed every time you're rewarded for a quest with an item bound to you that you can't wear.

Cambiata wrote: »
    Well I'm assuming that if someone questions whether artifact unlocks are any good, then they also aren't interested in end game content at all.

If you're just going through the class stories, the artifact unlock is maybe not all that useful. Though you might get annoyed every time you're rewarded for a quest with an item bound to you that you can't wear.

I don't mean the basic vendor, I mean the planetary comms vendor. Unless we're counting the makeb story as end-game content.

NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »

I don't mean the basic vendor, I mean the planetary comms vendor. Unless we're counting the makeb story as end-game content.

I would count Makeb as end game content, yeah. It doesn't extend the individual stories, really, everything is a planetary mission.