As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn] Next Beta This Wednesday July 10 (Lasts Five Days!)

1939495969799»

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Ghost in the Linkshell doesn't even make sense as a FC name though. Linkshell? Sure.

It might actually, my research has shown that FCs utilize Linkshells to communicate and may not have a line of communication of their own. This would suggest an FC is a combination of Linkshells, in which case the name could be quite applicable.

I have not confirmed this officially yet though.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    you guys should name your guild 4chan Lite.

Are you the magic man?
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Cormac wrote: »
    If you're looking at 'Nice Guy' in that way you're taking it out of context and interpreting it in an entirely different manner than it's intended to be. I'm sorry, but get over yourselves. It's an acronym thinly veiled as a dick joke.

After the last few days WANG has little traction with either group compared to Omega Hare, Falfall House, or the burgeoning Ghost in the Linkshell.

What?!

WHAT?!

If we don't pick that I am going to make my own FC and name it that.

Might want to get in line, there have been threats of that already :D

I will roll on a non-legacy server if I have to so help me...

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    Frei wrote: »

Why exactly? o_O

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    why not? free your mind and the rest will follow. be color blind, don't be so shallow.

Are you the magic man?
  • Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    edited July 2013

Why exactly? o_O

Im pretty sure he got confused and ment to post this on the reddit forums ;)

Blood Drive on
    I had no idea whatsoever that was a thing. Thanks for the enlightment.

Why exactly? o_O

Im pretty sure he got confused and ment to post this on the reddit forums ;)

Ah that would make sense. Common mistake.

delphinidaes.png
  • Hunter_KillersHunter_Killers Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Ghost in the Linkshell doesn't even make sense as a FC name though. Linkshell? Sure.

It might actually, my research has shown that FCs utilize Linkshells to communicate and may not have a line of communication of their own. This would suggest an FC is a combination of Linkshells, in which case the name could be quite applicable.

There's been a manual on the forum for every test. FC's have their own chat. Linkshells and Free Companies are not related.

Hunter_Killers on
    4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    I can proudly say that I have never, in all my long internet life, posted on 4chan, reddit, or something awful.

It's a badge I wear proudly. :)

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Esh wrote: »
    What's the interpretation? Google and Bing don't bring up anything weird.

There were a few articles about self-described "nice guys" on dating sites, but they're misogynistic assholes in person. And a lot of them wore fedoras too.

I get that the term "nice guy" doesn't mean that, but it's been tainted a bit by people like that, especially online. So I understand if some people here want to avoid any accidental connotation.

There's also the "nice guys finish last" nonsense, which implies that all women are vapid whores who don't know what's best for them.

There's been a manual on the forum for every test. FC's have their own chat. Linkshells and Free Companies are not related.

Ah well there you go then!

delphinidaes.png
    Deans wrote: »

There were a few articles about self-described "nice guys" on dating sites, but they're misogynistic assholes in person. And a lot of them wore fedoras too.

I get that the term "nice guy" doesn't mean that, but it's been tainted a bit by people like that, especially online. So I understand if some people here want to avoid any accidental connotation.

There's also the "nice guys finish last" nonsense, which implies that all women are vapid whores who don't know what's best for them.

I didn't think that phrase was tied to relationships, I thought it was a statement on life in general.

delphinidaes.png
  • NoxyNoxy Registered User regular

I didn't think that phrase was tied to relationships, I thought it was a statement on life in general.

I have seen it applied both ways fairly often.

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    The solution to the NICE thing is that the guild is called "What a Nice Guild", not "We Are Nice Guys". The former is passable, the latter is really not.

However, I'm in the camp that thinks going out of your way to get a dick joke into your guild name is not an endeavor worth pursuing anyway. Were it up to me that whole idea would get shut down.

Fonjo wrote: »

I have seen it applied both ways fairly often.

Oh absolutely, but the phrase itself is universal, not intrinsically tied to relationships. It certainly can apply to relationships (and often does) but I don't think the phrase itself is inherently bad. It is more a statement about how people who are nice/selfless of oft trodden upon by the mean/selfish in the rise to a goal.

But that's getting pretty far off topic :D

delphinidaes.png
    it's more about "Nice People" who are "nice" as means to an end or with a hidden motive, not because they just genuinely want to do good for people.

Are you the magic man?
  • NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    We Are Reasonable Girls. WARG

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    very awesome guild, VAG

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Oh also, this random video showing some of the armour sets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6N_ruqUF1Sc

Hopefully it hasn't already been posted.

WHOA DERE

WHOA.

The badass Judge faceplate on the Marauder gear FLIPS DOWN HOLY SHIT

I AM FREAKING THE HELL ON OUT

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Oh also, this random video showing some of the armour sets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6N_ruqUF1Sc

Hopefully it hasn't already been posted.

I want ALL THE OUTFITS.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Can we have hoods that go up and down too?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Probably time to make a new thread. I nominate anyone but me!

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Sionnach RuaSionnach Rua FFXIV: Sionnach RuaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I'd do it, but don't you need the code stuff from the first post and such to do it? Though then again eh sounds like work

Sionnach Rua on
    FFXIV Character: Sionnach Rua on Sargantanas. Join us on Ghost in the Linkshell! The company site is: gitl.enjin.com

I just make random noises... mreh
    edited July 2013
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Probably time to make a new thread. I nominate anyone but me!

Done.

New Thread is up!

Now just give me a little time to work my magic.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • CuntyCunty Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the feedback guys. So the stores near me that claimed to have stock unfortunately do not.

Anyone have any info on how often these things restock? Weekly, every other week?

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Cunty wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback guys. So the stores near me that claimed to have stock unfortunately do not.

Anyone have any info on how often these things restock? Weekly, every other week?

This is thread is two threads old. Look at the post and date above yours. That link is even a done thread now. You need to be here...

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/182255/ffxiv-arr-servers-up-and-surprisingly-stable-7-free-days-starting-9-4-13/p96

At least for three more pages until that one is finished.

This discussion has been closed.