As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV: ARR] Old Thread. Use the New Thread!

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Deans wrote: »
    The difference between Hyur Midlanders and Northlanders is pretty substantial. Anyone notice any big differences between the other races' ethnicities? It looked like non-Hyur races just had palette-swaps.

The Lalafells for example have a "glassy eyed" look on the Dunesfolk and an eyes with distinct pupils for the Plainsfolk.

Each Ethnicity has it's own set of Hair Styles, Face options, Tattoos, Face Paint, etc.

For example the classic hair style you see on with the trailer on the Miqo'te is only available on the Seekers of the Sun, and not on the Keepers of the Moon.

Stuff like that basically.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2013
    I didn't look closely recently, but in 1.0 the Miqo'te had round pupils on the Seekers of the Sun and slit pupils on the Keepers of the Moon.

Nothing I saw was as pronounced as the phenotype differences for the Hyur though.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Hunter_KillersHunter_Killers Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I didn't look closely recently, but in 1.0 the Miqo'te had round pupils on the Seekers of the Sun and slit pupils on the Keepers of the Moon.

Nothing I saw was as pronounced as the phenotype differences for the Hyur though.

Other way around actually. Keepers of the Moon also had longer tails and ears I believe. Then theres the general color differences.

Also for names there was always IRFT: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/04/30

Somewhat fitting with Dalamud and all that. Also this disgusting weather.

Hunter_Killers on
    4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Need 6 foot tall lalafel alternative.

Exact same proportions. Or, all the extra height is in the torso and arms.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I kept a I Require Frozen Treats linkshell in 1.0. I have named all my personal guilds that since WoW.

(Ever since I made the joke at an ice cream shop at Disney during an annual penny arcade forums get together.)

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    For example the classic hair style you see on with the trailer on the Miqo'te is only available on the Seekers of the Sun, and not on the Keepers of the Moon.

Is that the Sonic-esque one?

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Yukira wrote: »

Is that the Sonic-esque one?

I think so? It's the one on the far left in this picture:

Irvdaqh.png

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Oh, that one was the most popular hair style for Mithra in FFXI.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Can we be the Subligardians of the Galaxy

• Options
    Oh, that one was the most popular hair style for Mithra in FFXI.

Yup, it remains one of the most popular in FFXIV as well :D

I'm partial to it myself but I thin i'm going with the one that has the long ponytail and the two hair pieces in the front framing the face. It's the one I used in 1.0.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    It's available for both.

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    It's available for both.

Hmm I don't remember being able to select it when I tried to make a Keeper of the Moon. They very well may have changed it though.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Which is good, because it's the only one I like.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Dang, I really want a PC to play this game. Have you been struggling to pick a name for the PA guild?

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Dang, I really want a PC to play this game. Have you been struggling to pick a name for the PA guild?

You can get is for PS3 as well, and PS4 eventually.

I wouldn't say we are struggling per-say, but we are in the middle of deciding on one. Right now we're in the "gathering suggestions" phase :D

Since there is no time crunch we're giving ample time to make sure everyone has a say. We'll vote on the most popular submissions, then vote on the top two most likely. Or something to that effect.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Candymancers is one the PA WoW guilds, right?

In the same sweet spirit, why not Cake Pirates or Sugar Knights?. <CAKE> or <SUGA>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjcYH5A_ovc

I'm gonna get a PS4 so I hope I can play with you later. Maybe I will build a PC.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    They are going into a really awkward place with the Miqo'te designs. It it like they are the exotic dancer race.

Do they still have that one white haired Miqo'te girl from the starting quests in Ul'dah? That was definitely a cheesecake character.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    So I rarely post outside of SE, but I figured it would be a Good Idea to post here too.

If you buy the game via amazon, use the coupon code GOONCAVE for an extra 15% off. I don't know how long the coupon will last, but yeah.

• Options
    Also, do open beta characters convert to early access? Or is it just EA to release?

• Options
    edited July 2013
    zucchini wrote: »
    Also, do open beta characters convert to early access? Or is it just EA to release?

Yup if you make a character in Open Beta it will be there on Release.
    Krathoon wrote: »
    They are going into a really awkward place with the Miqo'te designs. It it like they are the exotic dancer race.

Eh only with the starter clothing. Once you get them in pretty much any other gear (barring Subligar obviously) they don't have that vibe at all.

They actually ARE the exotic dancer in Ul'dah though, so it's definitely a role they are set up to fill, but luckily the armor designs in this game don't really capitalize on it outside that starter outfit. So you don't typically see scantily clad Miqo'te running around in the game outside specific areas.

They are certainly the most overtly sexualized race though, both Male and Female.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Is there a thing to check if they got your request for server transfer? I want to confirm.

I went back to my server application and it showed that I was still where I selected and no longer on Masamune

Do you have a link to that? I couldn't access it anymore.

Oh, this was a few days ago sorry

@sea and cant check you tube. Someone want to PM me that store? I will try to order a CE.

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Is there a thing to check if they got your request for server transfer? I want to confirm.

I went back to my server application and it showed that I was still where I selected and no longer on Masamune

Rats, I thought maybe I just missed a link somewhere.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    When can I register this game code? I am starting to get antsy...

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular

@sea and cant check you tube. Someone want to PM me that store? I will try to order a CE.

The place I hinted at in my YouTube post was Toys R' Us. They have the CE still available to pre-order.

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    So I rarely post outside of SE, but I figured it would be a Good Idea to post here too.

If you buy the game via amazon, use the coupon code GOONCAVE for an extra 15% off. I don't know how long the coupon will last, but yeah.

Hmmm...didn't work on the PS3 CE.

EDIT: Ah, you can only use codes when orders are placed. Blah.

Esh on
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    thanks! page not loading for me now but ill try later. Ocean internet is not really very good internet but hell the fact that I HAVE internet is pretty sweet =D

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    When can I register this game code? I am starting to get antsy...

No word yet. They'll let us know once people can start entering their codes for the pre-order stuff. I'm guessing it will either be at the start or end of Beta 4.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options

Yup if you make a character in Open Beta it will be there on Release.

Eh only with the starter clothing. Once you get them in pretty much any other gear (barring Subligar obviously) they don't have that vibe at all.

They actually ARE the exotic dancer in Ul'dah though, so it's definitely a role they are set up to fill, but luckily the armor designs in this game don't really capitalize on it outside that starter outfit. So you don't typically see scantily clad Miqo'te running around in the game outside specific areas.

They are certainly the most overtly sexualized race though, both Male and Female.

That being said, all races wearing the more revealing armor is more revealing on both sexes. There may be cheesecake, but there is plenty of beefcake too.

malemitra.jpg

char-custom-hyur--highlander-male_1.jpg

3f1ebaed4b4d5974d68f752c701f000b.jpg

• Options
    Esh wrote: »

Hmmm...didn't work on the PS3 CE.

EDIT: Ah, you can only use codes when orders are placed. Blah.

yes you do have to buy something to use the code

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Alright, I was gonna wait to try the beta to preorder but with that code and the $5 amazon coupon they give you I went ahead and did it~

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    So if everyone is willing to roll a Miquo'te, than I have the perfect LS/FC name:

• Options
    You've gone too far! Turn in your badge and gun. (and then build a jet out of junk and become a vigilante.)

• Options
    edited July 2013
    So if everyone is willing to roll a Miquo'te, than I have the perfect LS/FC name:

Would do it in a heartbeat. Sadly I don't think most people would go along :(

Ah such good childhood memories though, that was one of my favorite shows.

You know what, even if not everyone rolls Miqo'te that is still an awesome name idea.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular

Would do it in a heartbeat. Sadly I don't think most people would go along :(

Ah such good childhood memories though, that was one of my favorite shows.

You know what, even if not everyone rolls Miqo'te that is still an awesome name idea.

It's true. Few are the souls who are bad enough dudes to be vigilante cats.

• Options
    Sionnach RuaSionnach Rua FFXIV: Sionnach RuaRegistered User regular
    Hey where is the new link to the vote system being held? Could we get that in the OP or some such?

FFXIV Character: Sionnach Rua on Sargantanas. Join us on Ghost in the Linkshell! The company site is: gitl.enjin.com

I just make random noises... mreh
  • Options
    Hey where is the new link to the vote system being held? Could we get that in the OP or some such?

It was disabled for now I believe. @Robes was the one who set it up initially. I think right now we are just throwing names out there and on Friday he was going to activate the poll with the most popular ones to be voted on.

That was my understanding at least.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Is there a reason why they renamed the Taru's, Galkas, and Mithras in 14?

They don't rename moogles in every game. They don't rename chocobos, cactuars, tonberries, or any of the other races/species of Final Fantasy. So why rename the humanoid races? Especially when they are exactly the same thing.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    ValleoValleo Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

They don't rename moogles in every game. They don't rename chocobos, cactuars, tonberries, or any of the other races/species of Final Fantasy. So why rename the humanoid races? Especially when they are exactly the same thing.

Because reasons.

You may as well ask why they ignored everything they had learned with FF11 when making FF14 1.0.

I still call them by the old names. Which confuses the hell out of my g/f who never played 11.

• Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular

It was disabled for now I believe. @Robes was the one who set it up initially. I think right now we are just throwing names out there and on Friday he was going to activate the poll with the most popular ones to be voted on.

That was my understanding at least.

Yeah Delphin is right. Tomorrow I'll make a poll with all the suggested names. My original poll wasn't robust enough.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Valleo wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Because reasons.

You may as well ask why they ignored everything they had learned with FF11 when making FF14 1.0.

I still call them by the old names. Which confuses the hell out of my g/f who never played 11.

Heh, I still call em Galkas too since it rolls off the tongue easier.

I do refer to the cat people as Miquo'te though since it reminds me of peyote. :P

And I also say Lalafell because, come on, it is just delightful to say. :)

The Elezan I simply call elves, cause come on. And of course I call Hyur Humans since it was silly to give them a special name in the first place.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
This discussion has been closed.