As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX AUS 2013 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

12346»

• CyferCyfer Registered User new member
    Hope so, guess I'll find out tomorrow. Thanks for the replies

• spectatorspectator Registered User regular
    For all those who have just arrived in Melbourne for our nice sunny July day followed by the current late thunderstorm, welcome ;-)

• Paul-of-DutyPaul-of-Duty Registered User new member
    Will there be eftpos at the booths or should I just bring dough, or both?

• BagelHeroBagelHero Registered User new member
    I just realized, after scrounging desperately through my wallet, that in the haste to get my ass down to Melbourne, I've forgotten any and all semblance to an ID that actually proves my age. I'm 18, so I look at least pretty suspicious anyway, and to my knowledge everyone gets carded at the door. I'd really hate to not be able to attend some stuff (after waiting ten years to finally be legally able to), so is there anything I could possibly show to get in? My AIE student card doesn't have my birthdate on it, unfortunately.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Will there be eftpos at the booths or should I just bring dough, or both?
    Some might, but since it's the first Aus PAX it might be safer to bring cash today and do some scouting for tomorrow (find out who does or doesn't take cards).

BagelHero wrote: »
    I just realized, after scrounging desperately through my wallet, that in the haste to get my ass down to Melbourne, I've forgotten any and all semblance to an ID that actually proves my age. I'm 18, so I look at least pretty suspicious anyway, and to my knowledge everyone gets carded at the door. I'd really hate to not be able to attend some stuff (after waiting ten years to finally be legally able to), so is there anything I could possibly show to get in? My AIE student card doesn't have my birthdate on it, unfortunately.
    I would think that you would need ID with a birth date on it. I'm not precisely sure what the checking rules are like, but it sounds like you may be in a bind. If you can't get back to get your ID, just bring what you have I guess and you'll find out. Sucks if it doesn't work out, but there's a lot to PAX aside from the 18+ games on the show floor.

• isiskisisk Registered User new member
    Is it possible to leave PAX and then return later on, I just found out I need to go to UNI for an hour or so in the afternoon tomorrow and I am trying to decide how to go about it.

isisk wrote: »
    Is it possible to leave PAX and then return later on, I just found out I need to go to UNI for an hour or so in the afternoon tomorrow and I am trying to decide how to go about it.
    Yes it is! :)

• kismesisterkismesister Mu Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I actually can't find this anywhere, so I'm hoping someone here might have an answer: has anyone heard if PAX Aus events will be streamed on twitch.tv? The official site for PAX Aus makes no mention of it one way or the other.

My assumption is that because I can't find one scrap of info about it that it's probably not streaming, but I'm hoping that's not the case :(

They will not be, from what I last heard.

• kismesisterkismesister Mu Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    My heart breaks, but now I know not to waste time stalking the twitch channel. Danke!

Yeah, here's the tweet about it, for reference's sake

• bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    Ahh, that's a shame they won't be streaming it. I was going to stalk the opening Q&A for a friend of mine to show up. :(

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Spartaman92Spartaman92 Registered User new member
    I think my dads chucked it out in the trash its been sitting near my pc since it came in the mail now its just gone i have tipped the house upside down looking for it.
    Plus i cant find a number to call. has anyone had this problem and worked it out please help my tickets for tomorrow.. thanks

edited July 2013
    I'm going to guess you meant to post this in the PAX Australia forum, so I'm going to move it into the PAX Aus FAQ from the Writer's Block.

zerzhul on
    Anyhow, your ticket is your entry to the event, I'm not sure there's much you can do. You can try emailing info@paxaustralia.com.au or pleading with the people at the registration desk at the show, but I wouldn't get your hopes up if you can't find it.

• MinaploMinaplo Registered User new member
    Hi. I have a student photo ID card that has my name and face, but not my DoB. I do however have a copy of my legal birth certificate- will this be enough to get through the gate?

• David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    Yep, you will be good if you can bring those. Registration can wristband you, then you will be set.

• protowilsonprotowilson Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User new member
    Now that PAXAus had finished, do we know if it was a one-off or is it a permanent addition to the PAX slate? Sorry if this has already been answered. I checked through the thread but might've missed a mention.

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Its confirmed at least for next year. And judging by the comments I've heard, hopefully alot longer than that :)