As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Injustice: Gods Among Us] Martian Manhunter announced!

19495969798100»

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    So we got a new hero...I'm assuming 2 hero 2 villain in this next pack

Give us King Shark and Vandal Savage!

3006063-4474595663-secre.jpg

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Razia wrote: »

Did anyone else notice that on that stage Martian Manhunter is normally flying in the background but he was absent in the video?

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

Did anyone else notice that on that stage Martian Manhunter is normally flying in the background but he was absent in the video?

So

Hopes for Darkseid????

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »

So

Hopes for Darkseid????

Characters in background can be used.
    Martian Manhunter not involved in stage transition.
    Deadshot is in the background and not used in a stage transition...
    Deadshot confirmed...or possibly Half Life 3. I'll need to check my math

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Another case of getting a character who can do all kinds of crazy shit and giving him the dullest moves imaginable. Putting him against Green Lantern underlines it.

Did they release a Phil Lamarr voice pack though? Put it inside me.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I just want to see Darkseid in the big DC fighting game

And I also want him to be voiced by Michael Ironside, or someone who is equally gritty-sounding

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    So based on the happenings at EVO this weekend, what are the chances that NR will create a balance patch to make Superman more balanced, and perhaps give some buffs to the under represented characters?

I only caught a couple of the EVO matches, but from what I saw, the same small handful of characters were pretty much in every match.

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    Yeah injustice top 8 was kind of meh, and I love the game. I don't think superman needs to be touched, I think he's fine as he is. I think the game is at a point were it can sit for a few months without being touched. People were losing the supes shenanigans and rock paper scissors zoning, who knows if that will be the case 3-4 months from now. Harley, Sinestro and Flash have been up and comers and the last 2 majors or so, so i hope nrs lets the game breath for the rest of the year before touching any non dlc character.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    So I am thinking of getting this game once I can find it cheap on PS3 now I don't have a 360 anymore, is there much of a PS3 community here to play with? I really miss this game, but I will be buying individual characters this time around, not season passes :P

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I thought someone on gaf mentioned a listing for an Injustice Komplete/GOTY?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I feel like superman is on the upper end of ok. He's not broken in any one aspect but he doesn't have weaknesses.

I really would like to see power interactables looked at, and the intermediate distance/ footsie game is weak in general.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    I feel like superman is on the upper end of ok. He's not broken in any one aspect but he doesn't have weaknesses.

Kryptonite?

I am sorry.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    superman just destroys you if you get stuck in the corner... it is almost sad how easy it is to whup on people as supes.

• Options
    TheInspectorTheInspector Registered User regular

Kryptonite?

I am sorry.
    No, even with that alternate costume, Lex still loses to Superman.

xbox360/WiiU: AnEvilHypnotist
  • Options
    So new catwoman, WW, Harley skins.. Stripperific.

One of these days they need a Black adam and killer frost skinpack, given that they are probably among the top 5 most used characters online.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    A lot of the stuff with interactives in this game is dumb. Like, interactive objects have a huge impact on gameplay, so let's hamstring a couple characters by making them "acrobatic" and stripping away their ability to actually use them (or even just take them away from the opponent). And let's give power characters fullscreen unblockable objects, while non power characters get objects that can explode and maybe hurt the opponent if you get the opponent right next to them. Game balance just flew right out the window, though I suppose it is an NRS game, what do I expect?

• Options
    I think the game is more fun with no interactables, hate to say. Its a feature I'd like to see seriously looked at for injustice 2.

• Options
    that and, endlessly tossing the pig back and forth between two gadget characters on the asylum level...

• Options
    Oniros25Oniros25 Registered User regular
    Interactables have their moments, but overall it does seem like they swing pretty wildly toward power characters. Which is dumb. Especially since given the plot of Injustice, they could all theoretically operate like power characters for the purposes of gameplay balance, right?

Being able to bounce off the hood of a car has never been decisive in any match I've played. Slamming an unblockable exploding car/TV/test rocket has been many times, however. The only acrobatic interactable I like is the one where the character performs a dive kick off the object. I know the Flash can do that. That one is actually useful.

Nintendo Network ID: Oniros
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7489-3097
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Do you think with Zod released and Martian Manhunter confirmed we can change the title and stop being so butthurt over Scorpion?

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    Do you think with Zod released and Martian Manhunter confirmed we can change the title and stop being so butthurt over Scorpion?

Yeah. Change it to being potentially butthurt over Sub Zero.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    We're on page 100 of this thread. A new title is pretty worthless since we're probably due for a lock and a re-create at any moment now.

I think interactables themselves are fine. They just need to tweak the way certain characters interact with them.

Perhaps I'm wrong about this, but even the acrobatic characters can place a sticky grenade on an object, right? Like you can perform a normal R1 to interact, or you can do a Down+R1 to explode it?

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    There's three types of characters: power, gadget, and acrobatic. Power types are obvious since they just throw things everywhere, but gadget and acrobatic sometimes share some similar ones I believe (like leaping off the car at Wayne Manor). Gadget can hold down to plant a bomb there, but acrobatic can't. Meanwhile gadget will use a bomb or such on many hanging interactibles (like the screens in Arkham) while acrobatic dive kicks down off of them.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    We're on page 100 of this thread. A new title is pretty worthless since we're probably due for a lock and a re-create at any moment now.

I think interactables themselves are fine. They just need to tweak the way certain characters interact with them.

Perhaps I'm wrong about this, but even the acrobatic characters can place a sticky grenade on an object, right? Like you can perform a normal R1 to interact, or you can do a Down+R1 to explode it?

Nope, Gadget characters like Batman and Deathstroke can, but Raven and the Flash really got the short end of the stick.

Especially considering that interactables are unblockable, whether thrown or blown up, but the divekick acrobatic characters can occasionally do off of them is totally blockable.

• Options
    Did they give a release date for Martian Manhunter?

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh shit, SHFiguarts Injustice figures coming out next year. They may as well have just put a vacuum into my wallet.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

Yeah. Change it to being potentially butthurt over Sub Zero.

Just pretend he's Ninja Universe Mr. Freeze or some shit.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Sorry guys, I haven't been in the thread at all lately. Someone else can take over the next one.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I didn't realize those skins were out until I got my face stomped by that harley skin. not really digging the style of them.

really love beating a scorpion with my batgirl, then getting hate mail from them calling me cheap.

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    have they ever released a video for a skin pack before? seems strange to do it for this one.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    This was a Japanese pre-order bonus/exclusive, they probably made it for that.

• Options
    aepsa0.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    That's pretty cool, actually. Even though they screwed up the idea of the STAR missions (imo) by not letting you do any character's missions right off the bat.

• Options
    yeah I'm interested in certain STAR labs but don't want to wade through the first few characters to do them. cool they are adding more though.

This discussion has been closed.