As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Who will be going alone to PAX?

DeathbystormDeathbystorm CanberraRegistered User regular
Looking to meet a few people to hang with.. I'm 19 from Canberra and I'd love to go to the pubs or clubs around Melbourne after PAX and have a laugh or two so this trip is awesome. Would anyone interested?

• FuzzyPredatorFuzzyPredator MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Well if you want you can join a group of us for some pre-PAX drinks (I've got a thread for that), and there will also be a post-PAX Party too which you can attend :)

• exisexis Registered User regular
    Yep, come along to FuzzyPredator's drinks. I'll be solo at PAX itself so would be nice to meet some people to possibly hang out with.

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Community events area great way to meet new friends and make your PAX experience better. But feel free to open up conversations and games while standing in line as well. PAX is full of people who share similar interests as you. Thats what makes it special.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • DeathbystormDeathbystorm CanberraRegistered User regular
    I would but I get to Melbourne Friday morning D: Yea I'll just whip out my laptop in line start playing LoL, GW2, maybe Age of Empires xD But yea hopefully I meet some cool people to hang with :D

• rozzie1981rozzie1981 Registered User new member
    I'll be goiong to PAX alone. Hopefully I will meet some people who are happy to let me hang with them for a while. Can't wait!

• ZedCavalryZedCavalry I swear, I'm not that immature. Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'll be alone as well :c, and I'm under 18, so no drinks for me. Anyway, hope to see some of you guys there! Perhaps we could organize a group of some sort to hang out.

• DeathbystormDeathbystorm CanberraRegistered User regular
    Thats what older friends are for, so don't worry :P But a meet would be sick idea.

• apollo323apollo323 Registered User regular
    Would be good to meet up somewhere. For organising such meets while we are there, what would be easiest? Twitter\Forums\Red Carnation?

• WonkythWonkyth Registered User new member
    I'm flying into Melbourne on Wednesday morning, and so have the best part of two days to kill. It would be awesome to meet up with some peoples, especially on the day I fly in, as I'm far from imaginative, and will probably have trouble finding something to do with myself alone in a city I don't know very well. :P

Re: Organising - No idea. I'm @Wonkyth on Twitter, so drop me a tweet if you wanna bump into me somewhere...?

• SuperRoachSuperRoach BallaratRegistered User regular
    Theres plenty of stuff happening Thursday Wonkyth pax related. For Wednesday, if you are in the city you can check out the CBD with places like Minotaur, critical hit as well as the legendary lord of the fries. If you are flying in, that's a must try to eat, they are yum.

(also hi from irc ;) )

• GoodFerrettGoodFerrett Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User new member
    Well im going on friday, so if anyone wants to catch up just send me a message on my twitter @GoodFerrett

• OlerheadOlerhead Krytenton AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I was there today by myself and had a good time. Unfortunately had to leave a little early. Plan to be there for the whole thing tomorrow if anybody wants to hang out ... would be nice to have some folks to talk to so.

• funksorusfunksorus Registered User new member
    I also ventured out alone today, was great! But i'd be pretty keen to meet some people for games and chilltimes.

• theTRONtheTRON Registered User new member
    I did Friday alone too - was awesome for picking up last-minute seats right down the front of the main theatre. If anyone is interested in hanging out, or whatever, I'm @thetron on twitter.

• apollo323apollo323 Registered User regular
    Would be good if there was an easier way of organising boardgames ... It seems you have to "luck" onto either an empty space\table or a game that is just about to start...

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    apollo323 wrote: »
    Would be good if there was an easier way of organising boardgames ... It seems you have to "luck" onto either an empty space\table or a game that is just about to start...
    If you take a look at the pax tabletop twitter, they have some suggestions.

https://twitter.com/tt_hq

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular

I've been using the #TTLFG tag on Twitter and have been pretty successful in getting into pickup games all weekend.

Having said that, for the sheer number of mobile phones at PAX, it seems like very few people in Australia actually use Twitter. I mean, I'm not exactly prolific on there myself, but it almost seem like people here are allergic to it.

26904.png
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013

I've been using the #TTLFG tag on Twitter and have been pretty successful in getting into pickup games all weekend.

Having said that, for the sheer number of mobile phones at PAX, it seems like very few people in Australia actually use Twitter. I mean, I'm not exactly prolific on there myself, but it almost seem like people here are allergic to it.

I've found it much harder to find table space and chairs, than a pickup game.

Stupid on

26904.png
This discussion has been closed.