As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STEAM | How the Nerdy Bourgeois Entertains Itself

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I realized I spent twice as much as I wanted to on this sale, so I'm in a holding pattern not buying anything and hoping for it to be over soon.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I NEED YOUR:

Chivalry (1)

CAN TRADE MY:

Torchlight (4)

EDIT: Thanks so much to @oldmanken and @noweat for the generous card donations!!!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I still haven't spent all of my allotted $100 in my Steam wallet.

But I am not worried.

I have a plan.

• staplerofpaperstaplerofpaper Registered User regular
    Alright after... 20ish? gifts and a handful of games for my greedy self, I am really quitting this time guys. Nevermind I said the same thing the other day. Sale is over for me. This time I mean it, I am spent. :)

steam_sig.png
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Wow, preeminent classhole @staplerofpaper liked my Magicka gift so much he hit me back with a copy of Monaco! Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    What's the word on Worms Revo?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    Thanks to @tsmvengy I can now satisfy my urges to rule the world, albeit virtually which is probably better anyways, through his kind gift of Europa Universalis III.

• Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    Thanks to @staplerofpaper for the gift of Strike Suit Zero!

vru37z14gk5j.png

• KhezKhez Registered User regular
    Thanks @Richard for SOTS: The PIt. Been wanting that one as well and beat me to buying it for myself today :D! Thanks classy guy!

76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    @daichiasuka is a classhole of the highest magnitude. He just sentenced me to 20 to life designing prisons in Prison Architect

vru37z14gk5j.png

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Sword of the Stars: The Pitt

What does it play like? I just picked up Dredmore last night, does it play like that?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Sword of the Stars: The Pitt

What does it play like? I just picked up Dredmore last night, does it play like that?

Yes, but its got a different flavor, more starcraft than warcraft.

Do you use the rare grenade to clear a room or take a chance with your laser pistol and pray you can find a recharging station. I love crafting characters in rouge likes compared to the warriors.
    Space marine: Pew Pew Pew
    Enginieer: Zug Zug
    Scout: Why aren't you an enginier?
    Psychic: WTF? There's a psychic?

RoyceSraphim on
  • RichardRichard Registered User regular
    Khez wrote: »
    Thanks @Richard for SOTS: The PIt. Been wanting that one as well and beat me to buying it for myself today :D! Thanks classy guy!

Slow to buy games for your self and super fast buying for others. Only took @Khez 2 min to gift me back Monaco. I'm sure it was stolen in some great Steam heist but huge thanks no matter how it was procured.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    @tek gifted me Another World! Also, my friend Jex (who I have no idea if she has a forum account) got me Quantum Conundrum.

Mornings are for Classbomb!

Thanks!

• daichiasukadaichiasuka Registered User regular
    Arithon32 wrote: »
    @daichiasuka is a classhole of the highest magnitude. He just sentenced me to 20 to life designing prisons in Prison Architect

@Arithon32 fired back swiftly by shuffling Magic 2014 into my inventory. Thanks!

You haven't heard the last of me...

camo_sig2.png
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Prison Architect looks super sick, but ugh that price point is almost obscene during a Dale.
    I mean I understand the why of the price point, I just can't pay that price point so I'm going to pout (in a manly way) and stomp my foot (also manly!) about it, maybe even write a strongly worded letter to my MP...although I don't think he gets my mail anymore, not since the letter campaign demanding Eric Roberts get on the honours list for his work on Sharktopus.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • daichiasukadaichiasuka Registered User regular
    PA is a ton of fun even though it isn't finished yet, and I love Introversion's stuff, so... :)

camo_sig2.png
  • MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    That delusional US Agent cutout @cardboard delusions hit me with Monaco, While hes on vacation and not supposed to be on steam! What a class act. Crime Time etc... Thanks!

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Holy crow, Phantasy Star IV is anime as hell

@Wyborn

Are you enjoying it, though? I'll probably have to find out next thread, this one will likely be dead before I get home from work.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I hate to ask this since we're nearing page 100 but could someone help me out? I'd like to buy Lego Harry Potter 1 on getgamesgo for $5 but I cannot get my credit card to go through on their site (my card hates non-US sites) and my card is now shut off till I can reach them on Monday. Would anyone be willing to swap a $5 Steam game of their choosing and buy me the Steam version of Lego from http://getgamesgo.com/product/lego-harry-potter-years-1-4 in trade?

EDIT Nevermind!

Lindsay Lohan on
  • MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    I sure am glad this is the last day of the sale, this lack of sleep is startin to catch up to me.

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    @Drake, thanks for that Din's Curse review, will be bought tomorrow.

Also, what's your opinion on Towns?

@DoctorArch, sorry I missed this before the flash ended.

I quite like Towns, I've been playing it since early alpha. The Steam forums have a bit of a hate-on for Towns that goes back to its Greenlight release. Perhaps some of the complaints are valid but the whole thing is so overblown it's ridiculous. Updates come on a decently regular basis, the game is quite playable and feature complete. Lots of work has been done on fixes, balance and the simulation side of the game and more will be done. So any complaints about the game being abandoned, broken etc are purely hyperbole.

I really love the take on putting together a Town to attract and serve the adventurers who will clear the dungeon beneath the town, if you provide them with proper support. As they clear the dungeon levels you get access to new resources which further expands your ability to create wealth, supplies and arms. The sandbox style of construction instead of predefined buildings is a lot of fun too, a bit reminiscent of building with lego.

Drake on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    man choosing what to download next is harder than choosing what to buy

also since this is the steam thread, can anybody tell me whether moving games out of the main steam directory causes any problems? I would like to move some things onto a different drive to avoid having to maybe download them again at some point, but don't want to accidentally screw up my steam library somehow

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Malakaius wrote: »
    I sure am glad this is the last day of the sale, this lack of sleep is startin to catch up to me.

Should we tell him? We should tell him, right?

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Strike Suit Zero for $3 is a no brainer, right?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Strike Suit Zero for $3 is a no brainer, right?

It's certainly a strain on the ol' willpower.

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Did someone say Strike Suit Zero?

signature.png

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    The Enhanced Steam add-on for Chrome is subtle, but amazing.

It's probably the only way I can make sure my wishlist is properly trimmed of all the games I own (because activating keys doesn't remove them).

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Drat! I thought I was safe today! Entire hours have passed without backlog abuse.

Then @Shiflett comes up out of the enemy reserves leading a Revolution of Worms to assault my library!

A well-aimed strike, sir! But do not count the armies of Pixieland out just yet...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Malakaius wrote: »

Should we tell him? We should tell him, right?

I just did a minute ago in chat.

His head may have exploded. There's been no reply. :P

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I guess @dasuberedward is the Strike Suit guy, so I'll ask: is Zero not worth getting over Infinity?

oh dude. i've never played it.

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

but you can win it!

steam_sig.png
  • KhezKhez Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »

@DoctorArch, sorry I missed this before the flash ended.

I quite like Towns, I've been playing it since early alpha. The Steam forums have a bit of a hate-on for Towns that goes back to its Greenlight release. Perhaps some of the complaints are valid but the whole thing is so overblown it's ridiculous. Updates come on a decently regular basis, the game is quite playable and feature complete. Lots of work has been done on fixes, balance and the simulation side of the game and more will be done. So any complaints about the game being abandoned, broken etc are purely hyperbole.

I really love the take on putting together a Town to attract and serve the adventurers who will clear the dungeon beneath the town, if you provide them with proper support. As they clear the dungeon levels you get access to new resources which further expands your ability to create wealth, supplies and arms. The sandbox style of construction instead of predefined buildings is a lot of fun too, a bit reminiscent of building with lego.

Sounds like a game I picked up on IOS awhile back called Dungeon Village. Such a fun little game :D

76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    i imagine that seems kind of crazy

hm.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular

also since this is the steam thread, can anybody tell me whether moving games out of the main steam directory causes any problems? I would like to move some things onto a different drive to avoid having to maybe download them again at some point, but don't want to accidentally screw up my steam library somehow

Steam mover is what you want for that http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    For those wondering about Omerta I recommend it if you like the Tropico games/are a fan of the setting.

It's rather barebones in the overworld management bits but the combat is kind of like the original fallouts. Characters have AP and MP and skills, but weapons don't need to be reloaded or worry about ammo.

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Well, @Khez struck again with Strike Suit Zero, guaranteeing that I will not have a chance to buy a game for myself this sale.

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said, so I'll just say thanks man. You are one uber-classy guy.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    For those wondering about Omerta I recommend it if you like the Tropico games/are a fan of the setting.

It's rather barebones in the overworld management bits but the combat is kind of like the original fallouts. Characters have AP and MP and skills, but weapons don't need to be reloaded or worry about ammo.

oh wow for some reason I thought that was a totally different genre. may grab this.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    Krummith wrote: »

Steam mover is what you want for that http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover

Can't you just do settings->downloads->steam library folders?

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »

DoctorArch, sorry I missed this before the flash ended.

Thanks Drake!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys, I'm looking to trade my:

1x torchlight

2x tomb raider

for

1x dead island

1x reus

I already have bioshock and the kerbals, but only 1 of those.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty