As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] The Sale is over, but remember that Winter is Coming.

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    signature.png
    Probably won't be able to get the word out on this for a while. Good Luck!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MisterMMisterM UKRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, before I forget, my wife did task me with one thing.
    She really likes games like Chocolatier, Diner Dash, Tropico 4 (Thanks Steam thread!) and I got her Anno 2070 as well though she hasn't gotten around to playing it.
    Anything else like that she'd like? She's into building and multitasking style games, but doesn't like combat. At least not in her building games.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum? I picked it up in the Dale it's not quite RCT2 but it's still a lot of fun, building crazy death coasters, theming, landscaping etc.

SCII-EU: MisterM.868 // LoL-EU-West: MisterM868 // Diablo3: MisterM#2476
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    New thread and new avatar for @DasUberEdward for being such a classy gent during the sale.

FHevYXd.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koiJh3HH1j8

signature.png

it keeps happening!

oh hey look at that. i think I tried to class too hard and this thing popped out.

signature.png

huh. . .

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Oh cool, KOTOR II is on sale! I never did play that one, I should pick it up while it's on sale and-

*You already own STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II*

...well played, Steam. You got me good this time.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    haha oh man there's a new-ish worms game? tempting

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I know this is going to come as a complete shock to everyone, but I feel I should warn the few who might not know...

@Malakaius is a monster! A classy, classy monster, but a monster nonetheless!
    commandos.jpg

Also, that number means nothing. Ignore it. It's just a random number. No significance.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    @Tofystedeth Dead Hungry Diner is a nice Halloweenish spin of the diner dash type game if you haven't tried that yet.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    I know this is going to come as a complete shock to everyone, but I feel I should warn the few who might not know...

commandos.jpg

Also, that number means nothing. Ignore it. It's just a random number. No significance.

23 is the number of fate, the number of power, the number of games @Luchaire needs to become Dictator of Acquisitions on steam.

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    MisterM wrote: »
    Oh hey, before I forget, my wife did task me with one thing.
    She really likes games like Chocolatier, Diner Dash, Tropico 4 (Thanks Steam thread!) and I got her Anno 2070 as well though she hasn't gotten around to playing it.
    Anything else like that she'd like? She's into building and multitasking style games, but doesn't like combat. At least not in her building games.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum? I picked it up in the Dale it's not quite RCT2 but it's still a lot of fun, building crazy death coasters, theming, landscaping etc.

Hmm, that's not a bad idea. I played those back in the day, and was bad at them for the same reason she's good at them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Malakaius wrote: »

commandos.jpg

23 is the number of fate, the number of power, the number of games @Luchaire needs to become Dictator of Acquisitions on steam.

LIES! DIRTY DIRTY FILTHY LIES!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    @DasUberEdward and I were talking about pinball and he decided to gift me Paranormal for Pinball FX2!

Thanks!, and watch out for your Pinball FX2 scores everybody, I think I convinced him to give Sorceror's Lair a try.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    So @DoctorArch talked me into trying the Pinball game. As I press the install button

2roiz9t.png

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME STEAM THREAD

i. . .I haven't been out of free space on a PC in years.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So @DoctorArch talked me into trying the Pinball game. As I press the install button

2roiz9t.png

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME STEAM THREAD

i. . .I haven't been out of free space on a PC in years.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

• Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    Big ups to my homie @Mad Jazz for Monaco! Crime time.

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Alright so i've hit my maximum number of giveaways. Maximum amount of HD space.

and I now have a nice hat.

this works.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Shadowfire hit with Strike Suit Zero out of no where!

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Like Primus I'm definitely waiting to see if BL2 goes on a bigger sale again. It might.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I got hit with The Basement Collection by @Kanden. ANd I was having such a good day too.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Steam Level 30!

I may have issues!

EDIT: Third showcase slot. Cool.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I've gotten enough different badges from voting that I think I'm gonna go for level 2 of the summer sale badge.

I have extra:
    - Skyrim
    - Tomb Raider

I'll trade these for:
    - Chivalry
    - Dead Island
    - Reus
    - Torchlight II

PM me on here or message me on Steam! You can see the link to my cards spreadsheet in my sig, too.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I feel silly asking, as I'm usually the one to answer this question, but um....boosters: don't bother opening them and just sell them, right? Especially since the foil market has fallen off so hard?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    I feel silly asking, as I'm usually the one to answer this question, but um....boosters: don't bother opening them and just sell them, right? Especially since the foil market has fallen off so hard?

Not silly at all, and all depends on what you want to do with them.

The best bang for your buck as far as odds goes is to sell the booster sealed. It might sell slowly though, so be warned.

In my case, I want the cards inside to craft badges, so I'm just going to tear open any boosters I get.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Oh my god:

PYeUqgA.jpg

I'm speechless, @Stolls. Thank you so much.

Seriously, I'm gobsmacked...

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Not silly at all, and all depends on what you want to do with them.

The best bang for your buck as far as odds goes is to sell the booster sealed. It might sell slowly though, so be warned.

In my case, I want the cards inside to craft badges, so I'm just going to tear open any boosters I get.

I want to give Klei money while not doing very much work or actually doing anything and also getting some money myself...

Fuck it, I'm listing it.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    So, I had a contest! Some of you might even have seen it!

Woot! We have wieners winners!

First, recap:
    The prize:
    Any damn game you want that is available on Steam. That's right. It's the NAME YOUR GAME PIXIELAND GIVEAWAY CONTEST!

(okay, any game within reason. Like, let's try to keep it at $60 or less.)

The contest:
    All you have to do is send me a PM and tell me about another Penny Arcadian. Tell me about a forumer who impressed you, who surprised you, who made you smile or made you laugh. A forumer who made you feel better about the world for a moment or two.

It must be truth, of course. No making shit up.

I will pick my favorite submission based on a purely arbitrary system of who seemed most sincere and/or just really had a good thing to talk about, or made ME smile, or whatever! If your submission is picked, YOU get to pick out ANY GAME ON STEAM and I will buy it for you!

BONUS! The forumer about whom the winner writes? That person will also win! I will pick something off that person's wishlist and bestow it upon the deserving soul.

So, who won this thing and gets to claim any goddamn game he or she wants?

There were a lot of very excellent entries. Some very earnest entries. And at least one that tried to obliquely nominate himself, but we won't touch that dirty underwear.

Most entries made me smile. A few made me laugh. A couple made me cry.

But as much as I want, I can't award the prize to everyone. My wallet would run way and drown itself in a sewer.

So I had to pick.

The winner I chose is @Khildith, who regaled me with a story that hit extremely close to home, involving loneliness and the persistent efforts of one person to keep a fellow human going in rough times, one person who just wouldn't give up or be brushed off.

The person Khildith wrote about was also written about by several others for various reasons ranging from acts of kindness and friendship to crazy acts of charity.

That person is @CorriganX... who will very shortly find the top game on his wishlist (Arma 3 Beta) landing in his inventory. Even though I told him I'd never do that. I'm such a dirty liar.

An honorable mention has to go out to @HiT BiT who has made this forum a better place for all of us with his endless streams of awesome posts. It has been suggested that his "awesome" count just be set to "INFINITE" and I agree in principle. But that would take away the fun of hitting the awesome button on his every post. So Hit Bit is also about to find his top wishlist game in his library (Transformers: Fall of Cybertron). He thinks he was talking to me about it because I was interested in it. I wouldn't know a transformer if it landed on me. :P

As for Khildith's prize? No matter how freaking hard I tried I could not pry a game out of him. And the proof of that is online since he accidentally streamed the whole conversation earlier instead of the game he was supposed to be streaming. :lol:

So, on Khildith's behalf, I'll be sending $60 to Child's Play. Take that, you classy, classy bastard.

/Pixie out

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Shameless repost because I put it up on page 100 last time.

signature.png

Please take this game off me, please?

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    So, I had a contest! Some of you might even have seen it!

Woot! We have wieners winners!

First, recap:
    The prize:
    Any damn game you want that is available on Steam. That's right. It's the NAME YOUR GAME PIXIELAND GIVEAWAY CONTEST!

(okay, any game within reason. Like, let's try to keep it at $60 or less.)

The contest:
    All you have to do is send me a PM and tell me about another Penny Arcadian. Tell me about a forumer who impressed you, who surprised you, who made you smile or made you laugh. A forumer who made you feel better about the world for a moment or two.

It must be truth, of course. No making shit up.

I will pick my favorite submission based on a purely arbitrary system of who seemed most sincere and/or just really had a good thing to talk about, or made ME smile, or whatever! If your submission is picked, YOU get to pick out ANY GAME ON STEAM and I will buy it for you!

BONUS! The forumer about whom the winner writes? That person will also win! I will pick something off that person's wishlist and bestow it upon the deserving soul.

So, who won this thing and gets to claim any goddamn game he or she wants?

There were a lot of very excellent entries. Some very earnest entries. And at least one that tried to obliquely nominate himself, but we won't touch that dirty underwear.

Most entries made me smile. A few made me laugh. A couple made me cry.

But as much as I want, I can't award the prize to everyone. My wallet would run way and drown itself in a sewer.

So I had to pick.

The winner I chose is @Khildith, who regaled me with a story that hit extremely close to home, involving loneliness and the persistent efforts of one person to keep a fellow human going in rough times, one person who just wouldn't give up or be brushed off.

The person Khildith wrote about was also written about by several others for various reasons ranging from acts of kindness and friendship to crazy acts of charity.

That person is @CorriganX... who will very shortly find the top game on his wishlist (Arma 3 Beta) landing in his inventory. Even though I told him I'd never do that. I'm such a dirty liar.

An honorable mention has to go out to @HiT BiT who has made this forum a better place for all of us with his endless streams of awesome posts. It has been suggested that his "awesome" count just be set to "INFINITE" and I agree in principle. But that would take away the fun of hitting the awesome button on his every post. So Hit Bit is also about to find his top wishlist game in his library (Transformers: Fall of Cybertron). He thinks he was talking to me about it because I was interested in it. I wouldn't know a transformer if it landed on me. :P

As for Khildith's prize? No matter how freaking hard I tried I could not pry a game out of him. And the proof of that is online since he accidentally streamed the whole conversation earlier instead of the game he was supposed to be streaming. :lol:

So, on Khildith's behalf, I'll be sending $60 to Child's Play. Take that, you classy, classy bastard.

/Pixie out

This is the best thing.
    I love this thread so much.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    @Khildith is a dick, and @Luchaire is a monster. Confirmed.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Got home from work, looked at that Strike Suit Zero sale for a few seconds, clicked on it, then added the Mega Bundle to my cart.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    So I sold a painting, which means I have 20 dollars to play with on Steam.

Will Monoco be any cheaper?

• Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    @Khildith is a dick, and @Pixie is a monster. Confirmed.

@CorriganX got so twitterpated he forgot my forum name. :P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    OR WAS I REFERRING TO SOMEONE ELSE AND NOW YOU THINK ITS ABOUT YOU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6UAYGxiRwU

... goddamnit.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Don't worry @Luchaire. I know what @Khildith wants.

also general thing that needs to be said. Let the person who gifted you something know if you're going to be giving away the gift they gave you. However cheap it might be, sucks to find out days later itsb not wanted or needed.

• Options
    2j1tqp2.png

ALRIGHT.

there's another terrabyte.

sigh

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @HiT BiT fired back like 30 seconds later with Beyond Good & Evil. All I did was run the contest! Other people named you! They should be the ones getting bombed!

But... BG&E? For me?

heart2.png

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    holyshittheclassofthisguy.png

V30F0wD.png

I can't even. I have no words. @Stolls you are the greatest there ever was. (Also correct, only 27 until 500 games now!)

You are on my list now, I will return this amazing amount of class next chance I get! I knew I shouldn't have posted I'm basically out of my sale budget, I can't even retaliate.

But I shall lie in wait and bide my time. Oh yes.

Edit: Got you back a wee bit, but my full revenge will come!

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Also does anyone want to trade emoticons? I have a spare Burn emoticon from Hotline Miami.

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    @HiT BiT fired back like 30 seconds later with Beyond Good & Evil. All I did was run the contest! Other people named you! They should be the ones getting bombed!

But... BG&E? For me?

heart2.png

Beyond Good and Evil? What an appropriate title for you.

Also, Luchaire's contests are the best. The Best.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Don't worry @Luchaire. I know what @Khildith wants.

also general thing that needs to be said. Let the person who gifted you something know if you're going to be giving away the gift they gave you. However cheap it might be, sucks to find out days later itsb not wanted or needed.

Are you talking about me?

I'M SORRY!

In my defense, in terms of receiving two identical digital products, there's no way to know whose was redeemed and whose was not.

edit: Of course if you aren't talking about me, feel free to disregard.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    @Tofenheimer, I saw in the last thread that you've got Kerbals to trade. I've got extra Tomb Raiders and TL2s. My Steam name is Blahramewe.

Man in the Mists on
This discussion has been closed.