As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Make a new thread already.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Ass, spent my credits because I figured a regular white hawkeye crystal wasn't gonna show up, and some show up right after. Anyone wanna snag one and hold it for me until I have the credits? (shadowlands server)
    Quoting myself because I really want one of the plain white hawkeye crystals, and I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna get back up to 4.5mil before they drop off the GTN. Just gotta buy one and mail it to me COD, I'll handle the rest once I get the credits. (Skado pubside, Ferah impside)

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I'd probably buy it off you if you were on the cool server, NEO.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I wish I had 4.5mil to do it, but my altitis means I only have about 1mil on my main.

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    I totalled up my credits and somehow I have about 17mil spread over 6 or so characters (Makeb dailies are a real good source for credits). Alas I'm on Prophecy of the Five.

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    So I just redownloaded this and was looking to get back into it. Sub for a month and go from there. I know there were some changes with the servers I believe...haven't signed in yet.

Checked the OP, didn't see any mention of what servers you guys are on, etc. Wanted to try and play with you folks at some point.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    The people in this thread are mostly on Shadowlands and Jedi Covenant. Except Emp who is a rebel on Phrophecy of the Five.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Sounds good. Still installing stuff, but hoping to jump in to re-acquaint myself later tonight.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I recommend JC at the moment

newSig.jpg
    Nocren wrote: »
    I recommend JC at the moment

Yes, lot of fresh PAers came in to see the stories. Do /cjoin Pennyarcade when you get on to chat. I think most people are are the imp side, but you'll find folks on the pub side as well.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Little things that'd be neat:
    Being able to legacy unlock the species' social abilities.
    Being able to preview weapon sounds.
    Weapons having a sound slot like how armor got a dye slot.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • spamfilterspamfilter Registered User regular
    Just a heads up I already bought that crystal for neophyte so don't do it if you are on shadowlands or you might get stuck with the 4.5 million crystal.

You know what really annoys me about social abilities? Most species get an ability that can get idle characters around them to do something. Chiss? Chiss get a different rest animation. Fuck that, I want the snap to attention thing from beta. Why did they change it?

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Anyone ask for a sleeping bag?
    oR1o0ir.jpg

• Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    As if it wasn't already obvious that Bioware wants everyone to be a Biochem
    (sort of an Alderaan Trooper spoiler)
    I'm usually a sucker for pleasing my companions, but this guy was questioning my choices, in front of not just my companion, but Republic soldiers, so ... despite being Light Side ... I had to punch him in the face.
    0.2 seconds after I do so a message pops up, in big green letters, informing me that my diplomacy skills have increased.
    F Yeah! ... oh, and I got some companion gifts too.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Anyone ask for a sleeping bag?
    oR1o0ir.jpg

WANT

If this is a Cartel Market item it will be the first thing to entice me to spend money for some CC.

ObiFett on
  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6558301#post6558301

just something interesting for scoundrel healers.

253J736.png
    edited July 2013
    WolveSight wrote: »
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6558301#post6558301

just something interesting for scoundrel healers.

The battlemaster set bonus isn't gettable anymore, unless you use armoring with expertise on it. :/

Edit: Although I guess what you could do is use PVE armoring in a couple of PVP pieces and make this your pvp gear set, which would probably work great.

Cambiata on
    yeah, it's for people who held onto some of the old gear, mostly. I know my brother was looking at it a while back, but they supposedly fixed it then. I guess they un-nerfed it recently, but no one expects it to last very long.

253J736.png
    edited July 2013
    WolveSight wrote: »
    yeah, it's for people who held onto some of the old gear, mostly. I know my brother was looking at it a while back, but they supposedly fixed it then. I guess they un-nerfed it recently, but no one expects it to last very long.

I worked very hard to get the vindicator PVP set bonus on my guardian tank, and when 2.0 dropped I had 63 armor in that gear set.

The problem is if I want to do top level PVE 63 just doesn't compare with 72 armors. I can't give up that much mitigation, even for a really excellent set bonus.

My sage healer still has the two-set bonus from the pvp heal set, and maybe I can get away with it on healer, I don't know.

My other toons I never did the grind necessary for those set bonuses.

I hope some day they make it possible to get those set bonuses another way, or maybe add in new choices for set bonuses. The Guardian tank set bonuses are the worst in the game.

Cambiata on
    I'm still angry they took the set bonuses out of the shells and put them on the armor. Why do that to people? It took a lot of work to get two full sets of PVP gear on those toons, it meant passing up the elite gear to get more battlemaster instead. I'd really like to know their rationale for just tossing the set bonuses away so casually.

Cambiata wrote: »
    I'm still angry they took the set bonuses out of the shells and put them on the armor. Why do that to people? It took a lot of work to get two full sets of PVP gear on those toons, it meant passing up the elite gear to get more battlemaster instead. I'd really like to know their rationale for just tossing the set bonuses away so casually.

They did it so you could get a set bonus and not have to wear set bonus gear, which is nice, but it fucks you if youre trying to mix/match set bonuses (which is something theyre probably okay with since it should make it easier to balance things).

edited July 2013
    emp123 wrote: »

They did it so you could get a set bonus and not have to wear set bonus gear, which is nice, but it fucks you if youre trying to mix/match set bonuses (which is something theyre probably okay with since it should make it easier to balance things).

But all the new gear already had the set bonus in the armor. The only thing this change applied to was outdated gear that only a few people like me had stored saved up since that gear was discontinued, rendering it useless.

Cambiata on

But all the new gear already had the set bonus in the armor. The only thing this change applied to was outdated gear that only a few people like me had stored saved up since that gear was discontinued, rendering it useless.

Thats true, but I assume they changed the way armorings work all together instead of creating a new class of armorings for the new tiers.

I wonder what would have happened if you had an empty armoring slot in a piece of pre-2.0 set gear, would the gear still have the set bonus?

edited July 2013

Thats true, but I assume they changed the way armorings work all together instead of creating a new class of armorings for the new tiers.

Nope. All the gear available at the time of the switch was armor-only set bonuses. There was no need to change the set bonuses of obselete gear except to fuck with people who made efforts to save it.
    I wonder what would have happened if you had an empty armoring slot in a piece of pre-2.0 set gear, would the gear still have the set bonus?

Hmm, I think I had some other gear saved in my bank from before 2.0 that might not have any armor in it, I'll take a look and let you know. I think those pieces just lost their set bonus.

Cambiata on
    Ok so I checked my bank, and the gear that had no armoring in it got a free armoring piece (with a set bonus) added to it with 2.0.

edited July 2013

Nope. All the gear available at the time of the switch was armor-only set bonuses. There was no need to change the set bonuses of obselete gear except to fuck with people who made efforts to save it..

No I mean I think they have 1 variable called armoring and one variable called armoringslot and they just cut the set bonus code from the armoringslot variable and pasted it in the armoring section, instead of having an armoring variable, an armoring2 variable and an armoringslot variable.
    Ok so I checked my bank, and the gear that had no armoring in it got a free armoring piece (with a set bonus) added to it with 2.0.

Thats kinda lame.

I do wish they either just sold armorings with set bonuses like they used to or at least gave you the option, I still have warmaster? whatever the first tier of pvp gear was way back when pants and I think gloves on my agent with their set bonus (with 63 armorings in them, but still). On my jug Im still rocking 61s or whatever because I didnt want to lose the set bonuses on his gear (which means hes only at 45.2% damage reduction).

emp123 on
    lqq6.png

I'd say the Eradicator's set is a great improvement over the Sith Raider set for my warrior (and my knight as well, once Collections unfucks itself and realizes I have the complete set. And yes I tried buying a cheapass other thing, my new ball toss didn't show up in collections either)

So, I'm kinda starting to get back into PvP a bit, is Expertise still a god stat of victory, or did they finally level out the playing field between fresh meat and people that bleed WZ comms?

a little different. your gear will scale by how good the armoring is. Essentially, you'll be granted expertise even if you're not in PvP gear. However, the pvp gear does have a bit more expertise on it, so it helps balance things at the top end.

253J736.png
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    So, I'm kinda starting to get back into PvP a bit, is Expertise still a god stat of victory, or did they finally level out the playing field between fresh meat and people that bleed WZ comms?

When leveling up, it's better not to use any expertise since it will actually lower the pvp stat bolster. At level 55, it's good to have Partisan and above gear, but it's not good to use old battlemaster or war hero level expertise gear because it will actually bring your expertise down.

• UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    I Just got back in to PvP m'self on 2 of my characters. I was running shadowtank for a bit, but all that got me was focus fired as i did my job and protected healers/objective takers. My shadow's now balance spec and it makes an amazing difference. I'm an AOE monster with force in balance, i get instant DoTs on folks that i manage to melee, and it's just generally more fun. in less than 2 days that char went from 0 to 1800+ wz comms, obtained unbeatable (and maintained it) in a bg, thanks to awesome teamwork and even scored mvp once. all as queueing solo. I Just converted my 27 commando to heal spec, and wow, actually helped win a match of huttball which for me, is a wz that is poop.

I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • RollsavagerRollsavager Registered User regular
    Hey everyone. I've got a character on Shadowlands to level 15, but further up the page someone mentioned that JC is the place to be?

I'm going to be recruiting some friends and rolling an alt and it would be great to play with some of you folks--can anyone give clear guidance on server selection?

I'd also appreciate guidance on crew skills, since this is my first go-around and I have NO IDEA what is useful/profitable.

Hey everyone. I've got a character on Shadowlands to level 15, but further up the page someone mentioned that JC is the place to be?

I'm going to be recruiting some friends and rolling an alt and it would be great to play with some of you folks--can anyone give clear guidance on server selection?

I'd also appreciate guidance on crew skills, since this is my first go-around and I have NO IDEA what is useful/profitable.

There is a group of people from SE++ that recently rolled on Jedi Covenant to see the various stories. Mostly on the imp side but almost everyone also has alts on the pub side. However, the PA guild is on Shadowlands. Whichever server you're on you can /cjoin PennyArcade to chat.

• korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Unless the Republic guild on Shadowlands has suddenly gotten active again, we may as well dispel the notion that there's really much PA presence on Shadowlands anymore.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    There hasn't been any time I've logged on. And any attempt to spark up conversation in guild chat when I see other people on has met with silence. Were I not attached to my legacy I would have made my pubbies on JC.

It is also possible that I am terrible and people hate me.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    There hasn't been any time I've logged on. And any attempt to spark up conversation in guild chat when I see other people on has met with silence. Were I not attached to my legacy I would have made my pubbies on JC.

It is also possible that I am terrible and people hate me.

I didn't want to be the one to tell you ... :D

Actually, I've been on the Republic side fairly often, but just not much in the past month-and-a-half or so. Was trying out NW for a bit, then got more into PS2, and then work, and then the Steam sale for the past week ...

Basically, I've been slacking off when it comes to TOR. I will be fixing it in the not-too-distant future, though. :)

So, tonight's patch notes are up already. That new bundle they're adding to the cartel market sounds like it could be interesting, unless it's just a set of weekly passes.

Interesting, servers seem to be back up, the gree event is active and stuff, but that new bundle doesn't seem to be on the cartel market. Must be something they're adding but not releasing until later.

Oooh, poking around a bit, things that weren't included in the patch notes:

New reputation group, the Bounty Supply Company. Provided description puts them as being the same as the Contraband Resale Corporation, just with (thus far unannounced and unavailable) Bounty Packs.

• Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    My what? bit of the patch notes:

"Human Male characters with head option 22 no longer feel pretty and now wear the male versions of all equipped gear. Additionally, when equipping some of the more revealing outfits, their legs will display the proper texture."

Steam/Origin: davydizzy