As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel NOW! - The Future is NOW! Page One NS56k

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    The Christmas special that has Gravity repeatedly trying to enter an Avengers party, only to be denied, really cemented my love for him.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Has anyone told @Solar about the new Horsemen of Apocalypse?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I know about that!

I am reading very intently

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Gravity is baller as hell

One of the best teen heroes out of the last decade

Also yes this

Gravity is bossanova

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Munch wrote: »
    The Christmas special that has Gravity repeatedly trying to enter an Avengers party, only to be denied, really cemented my love for him.

And he's the only one on Santron's "Nice List."

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    is there a book I can read Gravity in besides Young Avengers (I plan on starting YA soon)

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    His original mini-series, Gravity, by Sean McKeever and Mike Norton was available in TPB, though now out of print. You can pick a copy up for a couple bucks, on Amazon marketplace.

His next big appearance was in Beyond! by Dwayne McDuffie and Scott Kolins. Again, it's out of print, but you can find it for cheap pretty easily.

From there, he appeared in Dwayne McDuffie's Fantastic Four, which you can find in The New Fantastic Four trade, featuring Black Panther and Storm.

He also appeared in Robert Kirkman's Marvel Team-Up arc, League of Losers, which is pretty great.

From there, he sporadically appeared in stuff like Avengers: The Initiative, and Fear Itself: Youth in Revolt.

Gravity Fun Fact: Artist Mike Norton recycled his design for a third Blue Beetle's goggles, and used them for Gravity.

ED4NSxA.jpg

Munch Fun Fact: I'm pretty sure most of my initial affinity for Gravity, can be attributed to his resemblance to Blue Beetle.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I hope Gravity becomes a permanent member of YA - with Norton sharing art duty on the title it'd be neat to see a character he created brought in.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Kill off Billy, bring in Gravity, win/win/win.

• Options
    Print this post and frame it on your wall, Tex, because I agree!

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    I'm so with you.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I don't know, I kind of want to see how a Billy who is trying to be more responsible, but is being tutored in magic by Loki turns out

I mean, there's no way that can't end in hilarity, right?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Gravity would be so great on Young Avengers

he's this kinda dopey Midwestern kid who, despite living in Manhattan for a year or so and travelling the cosmos, isn't used to big city life and craziness

he would stick out like a sore thumb among the hip, ultra-cool cast and it would be so entertaining

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'd like to see Spider-Girl on the cast too

or at least a scene in Afterparty where she and America argue in Spanish

I don't know why but I think that'd be great

• Options
    in the interview about the Afterparty (and in interviews prior to the book's launch) Gillen said that part of his goal is to spend some time looking beyond the "core" team at other young heroes in the Marvel universe, and have the book be about being a young hero in general.

• Options
    1374339097.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    whaaat

• Options
    Rick Remender, also on the dais, talked about Uncanny Avengers and "Ragnarok Now," the current arc. The Apocalypse Twins, from the far future with Kang, and have their own agenda. Steve McNiven was announced as joining the series with issue #14, featuring the promo art you see to your left. The story will feature Red Skull, the Twins, Kang, go through time and space, and will "have a large body count. The heroes will pay with loss of life."

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Spencer's "Secret Avengers" has a big focus on S.H.I.E.L.D., with Daisy Johnson out and Maria Hill back in charge with a huge conflict on A.I.M. island.

what are you doing to Daisy, Spencer

• Options
    Honestly I prefer Maria in charge

I like Daisy a bunch and she is competent but it felt pretty weird having her go from never actually being a SHIELD Agent and only training under an AWOL Nick Fury to being Director of SHIELD

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    All the crap people have been giving Wanda for not really atoning for M-Day, maybe she's going to do something stupid/noble/self-sacrificing?

• Options
    Honestly I prefer Maria in charge

I like Daisy a bunch and she is competent but it felt pretty weird having her go from never actually being a SHIELD Agent and only training under an AWOL Nick Fury to being Director of SHIELD

Plus her being a teenager with no actual experience.

• Options
    as long as she stays with SHIELD I'm cool

but the soundbyte sort of sounds like she's just out of the series

• Options
    Speaking to the format of "Inhuman," Alonso describe the plan as "complex." "We want it to unfold slowly, it's going to be a slowly creeping phenomenon," he said. "We'll reintroduce you to the characters you know and love already, and we'll reveal new pockets of their relationships that you maybe didn't see. There may be a 'Game of Thrones' element in this, but that will come to a slow boil."

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    What would you do in the Marvel Universe if there was no oversight, coordination or anything? Wacker: "I'd have Peter Parker marry Mary Jane." Remender: "I'd just kill a ton of characters. I'm hacky like that." Alonso: "Luke Cage: Hero for Hire would be the number one selling book." Humphries: "I'd make a universe dominated by Rogue." Tieri: "Everything would be written by me." Wells: "Everything would be written by Frank." Spencer: "I've always dreamed of a year where everything is flipped, the good guys go bad, bad guys are good." Soule: "I'd solve the mystery of where Ross's mustache goes when he becomes the Red Hulk." McKone: "I'd design an easier-to-draw Captain America costume." Lowe: "Every cover would have two characters kissing."

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm all for a Luke Cage title being the best-seller, but does it have to be "Hero for Hire?"

• Options
    Hero for Hire Luke is the best

I mean modern day Luke attitude but as a Hero for Hire? Yes please

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The worst part about splitting Peter and Mary Jane up is how do you make it interesting when they get back together again? Because they are going to get back together again eventually.

• Options
    The worst part about splitting Peter and Mary Jane up is how do you make it interesting when they get back together again? Because they are going to get back together again eventually.

You make the letters page for that issue be a full-page apology from Joe Q. for One More Day.

• Options
    sometimes I like to imagine an alternate timeline where Peter and Mary Jane are raising baby May and also Peter is still a science teacher

• Options
    /headdesk

• Options
    Doctor Doom 2099 is playing "a big role" in "Uncanny Avengers" coming up.

WHOA

WHAT

WHOA

• Options
    have I mentioned that I love Remender's brand of batshit crazy?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Man, they're really pushing 2099 these days, aren't they?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    My secret hope is that Daisy basically just leads a covert branch for SHIELD. maria is a fine fit to run the main show, but have Daisy running black ops and stuff with the rest of the secret warriors crew.

Though I guess most of the opposition in a covert conflict were resolved in secret warriors anyway.

• Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    Isn't shield itself a black ops group? Does shield have it own black ops, so black that they can't properly be described by the word black?

• Options
    SHIELD isn't really Black Ops, it is a known entity in the world

That's like saying the FBI or Interpol are black ops

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Wasn't Doom 2099 just the normal 616 Doom?

• Options
    SHIELD isn't really Black Ops, it is a known entity in the world

That's like saying the FBI or Interpol are black ops

Nah, it's more like the CIA. Everybody knows the CIA exists and is involved in a lot of shady stuff, but the actual stuff they do is extremely secret.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    New SHIELD also has quite a bit more oversight from the international community, it seems. I think it'll change what they can pull off "on the books" compared to how they operated in the past, or at least that seems like what they're trying to build it up as.

This discussion has been closed.