As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] The Sale is over, but remember that Winter is Coming.

• SaboSabo Registered User regular
    Fresh new thread!

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    The danger of asking questions is that someone particularly classy like @Incindium might come along and let you find your own answers by just gifting you Chivalry! Which is, I suppose, beyond classy and into chivalrous.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Malakaius wrote: »
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    @Luchaire, you are a peacefucker, a classhole, a classassin, Classthulhu, Classzilla. All of those combined and concentrated
    Now you need to make Scribblenauts entities themed around a @Luchaire version of all of those words so that you can summon her to solve your puzzles...

BdyI0fm.jpg

Download links in my sig.

This brings a tear to my eye. I just adore you, @HiT BiT.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    signature.png

camo_sig.png
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Man, I'd been doing a pretty good job lurking along in the thread most of the sale but I completely lost my handle on it yesterday afternoon. I think I'll just be satisfied starting fresh with this new one.

First order of business. @an_alt struck while I was lost in a post golf nap this afternoon with Strike Suit Zero. I'm gonna shoot so much shit. Thank you!

Thing the second. Finally managed to pull off a "natural" and craft my summer badge, all drops no trades. I figured I'd go for it and if I failed the Card Sharks could set me straight after the sale. Pretty stoked I got it done myself though.

Thirdly. Is there still some good Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed action going down here? I've been doing a pretty good job pacing myself this sale but my wallet's getting down to it now so I figure I'll only be grabbing one copy. I'm trying to decide if I should send it my Dad's way to join the growing pile of younger cousin friendly games I've been sending him or if I should drop it in my library and try to get in on some racing with you folks. I had a few of the cousins around earlier in the week (we spent a lot of time building rockets in Kerbal) but they've left so I could always send him a copy once winter hits and they're also more likely to be around again.

steam_sig.png
  • CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Kanden wrote: »
    Thanks @Raziel for smuggling me Deadpool!
    It's Catalase on the forums. ;) Not sure who has the Raziel name here

Edit: someone who's been inactive since 2010. Buh.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    Kanden wrote: »
    Thanks @Raziel for smuggling me Deadpool!
    It's Catalase on the forums. ;) Not sure who has the Raziel name here

Edit: someone who's been inactive since 2010. Buh.

Oh sorry, I'll fix it.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    What's the consensus on Strike Suit Zero? Is it as good as Infinite? Is the story terrible? Do I need the Bundle in my life as much as I feel like I do?
    Also how's Deadpool? Competent enough entry into the genre to warrant £20, especially with the bitter knowledge that regional pricing is molesting me fiercely on it?
    QUESTIONS!!!!!

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    @Luchaire just gifted me Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization. After already gifting me the base game before I really do think she is trying to get me addicted. One more turn. Thanks a lot.

• HewnHewn Registered User regular
    How do I get in on all this classy Steam gift giving? I've got a copy of Borderlands 2 I have no idea what to do with.

Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I think I've been playing Hotline Miami too much.
    VhrYKw1l.jpg

Remember to use steam cleaner after installing and uninstalling a bunch of games, those installers rack up storage space after a while.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Been away all day. Not much time left, but figured I'd post a reminder:

signature.png

...wait...1 day...I guess it's got another 24-ish hours.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Taking a quick lake break to thank @oneangrypossum for the gift of Gunpoint. I guess he liked my Stephen King-esque short story about gift removal surgery. Or felt bad for me because it was kinda messed up. Thank you!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Nice, The new flashes are actually decent, Mortal Kombat, Transformers Fall of Cybertron, Payday and Final Fantasy 7 :D

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Wow, Final Fantasy VII and Mortal Kombat are on sale.....did not expect that.

EDIT Gotta save my money though, at least until the last day. I must stay within my budget, which isn't easy if Luchaire attempts to kill me again.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    Nice, The new flashes are actually decent, Mortal Kombat, Transformers Fall of Cybertron, Payday and Final Fantasy 7 :D

I lack the words to adequately describe the headdesk maneuver this set of flashes caused me to execute.

/sigh

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Knew it. I just knew it

all of the top items on my wish list would go on sale right at the end.

steam_sig.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Do I wait for Rogue Legacy

or jump on Final Fantasy

hm hm hm.

steam_sig.png
    übergeek wrote: »

EDIT Gotta save my money though, at least until the last day. I must stay within my budget, which isn't easy if Luchaire attempts to kill me again.

You're safe from me. I'm done. I'm way over budget, tapped out, finished. No more giftbombs from Pixieland this week.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    So, 2nd Transformers any good?

Luchaire wrote: »

I lack the words to adequately describe the headdesk maneuver this set of flashes caused me to execute.

/sigh

Did someone forget to follow the flowchart? :cry:

• ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    FF7 finally on sale... might have to pull that trigger... yeesh.

steam_sig.png
    Corpekata wrote: »
    So, 2nd Transformers any good?

@DaringDirk raved about it, said it was great, I trust his judgement on things Transformers related.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Yeah, I told myself I was done this sale, but FF7 is tempting...

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.

/sigh

Did someone forget to follow the flowchart? :cry:

No.
    Maybe.
    Yes! Yes, goddammit I did! And I'm proud! I'm proud to have served the Newell to the fullest of my ability!
    *sob*
    @CorriganX just for the hell of it

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • KhezKhez Registered User regular
    How is payday? I noticed 2nd one is coming out and was thinking I should grab first one to see if I like it or not. Any comments?

76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Now that's what I call a vote.
    you all probably already own Hotline and FTL, so vote for Recettear!

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg

You're safe from me. I'm done. I'm way over budget, tapped out, finished. No more giftbombs from Pixieland this week.

You mean the Pixie threat is over? We can return to our lives and stop living in fear that there might be a gift in every birdhouse and under every mushroom cap?

Hmm...I suppose if I really want to play FF VII again, I can just play it from my old discs, right?

• KhezKhez Registered User regular
    Hmm...I suppose if I really want to play FF VII again, I can just play it from my old discs, right?

I have it on my psp so meh ;P

76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    @Shadowhope decided that retaliation gifting was the chivalrous thing to do and gifted me with Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten. Thanks!

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Now that's what I call a vote.
    you all probably already own Hotline and FTL, so vote for Recettear!

I own all of them, but since I had a hard time giving FTL away earlier, I voted for Recettear.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    So we're coming to the end of the sale, any hidden gems that didn't reach the front page but are still worth picking up on the cheap?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal

You mean the Pixie threat is over? We can return to our lives and stop living in fear that there might be a gift in every birdhouse and under every mushroom cap?

Well.

Everybody but you.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Damnit, does anyone think Scribblenauts will go on a bigger sale?

PSN: jfrofl

Well.

Everybody but you.

I.... I.... D:

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I... Had to reset my password on Thursday not knowing that meant I couldn't trade or sell anything for 5 days. Ugh!

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    So we're coming to the end of the sale, any hidden gems that didn't reach the front page but are still worth picking up on the cheap?

Tomb Raider: Underworld: $3.05
    Dungeon Siege III: $5.09
    Defender's Quest: $4.94
    Defense Grid: The Awakening: $2.49
    Europe Universalis III Complete: $7.49
    Civilization III Complete: $1.24

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Really thought we'd get a better Skyrim Legendary deal.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    In case it hasn't been mentioned, the first Just Cause is 96% off right now - it's just a quarter.

This discussion has been closed.