As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Comics in Movies and Beyond: The Sequeling

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Honsou just said he wanted Drax, hah. Honsou ALSO said that he plays an ally to "Ronan and Thanos"...and then Lee Pace said that Ronan is a "very complicated Kree."

And thanks for the link...reading up on it now...

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Karen Gillan just revealed she shaved her head for the role of Nebula by tossing her wig into the crowd.

...which makes this British tabloid article about her "new 'do" amazing now: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2371978/Sleek-leading-lady-Karen-Gillan-completes-movie-star-transition-new-chic-hairdo-arrives-Comic-Con-LBD.html

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Avengers 2 is offically titled "Avengers: Age of Ultron".

And I apologize for the triple post.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    My, this is all seeming to be happening awfully fast.

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Avengers 2 is offically titled "Avengers: Age of Ultron".

And I apologize for the triple post.

Hah!

I can't imagine anyone was expecting that. I wonder if they'll be saving Thanos for Avengers 3?

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    H7ZHkUn.jpg

• Options
    And with Ant-Man coming AFTER Avengers: Age of Ultron, I imagine they'll have to cast him sooner rather than later, and then he'll spin off into his own thing?

Which means adding Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Ant-Man into Avengers 2.

(Also, by all accounts, the Guardians footage shown was hilarious, and John C Riley was in it)

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    You're assuming Pym is Ant-Man in Ant-Man

given that it's based off Scott Lang's origin, he probably isn't

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I don't understand

how

why

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Furu wrote: »
    You're assuming Pym is Ant-Man in Ant-Man

given that it's based off Scott Lang's origin, he probably isn't

Perhaps the Ant-man in Avengers 2 is Pym?

• Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    I don't understand

how

why

Ultron is a great Avengers villain!

Age of Ultron is a GREAT title for a movie!

Boom! That's how and why! The really interesting thing will be if they still go with Pym building him and all that. No reason it can't be done fairly quickly in the movie and have it all go horribly wrong.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    Whedon making an Avengers Ultron movie. Yes!

• Options
    Hey wait. Didn't Marvel get Daredevil back recently?

If they did, they just have to have him take out Ultron with a stick, right? (Okay, it won't happen, but I can dream of seeing that in live action.)

osasbutton.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    can't sleep

too happy

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    JyrenB wrote: »
    Hey wait. Didn't Marvel get Daredevil back recently?

They have.
    If they did, they just have to have him take out Ultron with a stick, right? (Okay, it won't happen, but I can dream of seeing that in live action.)

Unlikely. He might appear in Agents of SHIELD.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Here's some new GotG concept art:

BPqjoevCQAAK2RZ.jpg

• Options
    Rocket isn't NEARLY fluffy and plump enough.

But man, I LOVE Groot.

Like - it's PERFECT. Hello there, tree man.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    ehhhh

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Note the shadows on the wall behind the Guardians. They're clearly in their plainclothes for the lineup, but the shadows hint at their official gear.

Also, this is worth skimming.

Some new footage for Thor 2 was shown, as was a teaser for Captain America 2. Apparently a helicarrier crashes in Cap 2, which I think we can all agree is overdue.

• Options
    no, no that is not overdue

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Helicarriers crashing is a proud tradition!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Honestly, I felt a little cheated the one in Avengers didn't crash.

• Options
    star trek into darkness had more than enough crashing symbols of man's ingenuity thank you

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I was really glad the one in Avengers managed to stay up

It would have seemed weak if they crashed it the same movie they introduced it

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    yeah now it gets to be all HOLY SHIT THE HELICARRIER CRASHED

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

Eh, it's badassitude took a pretty bad hit when a single explosive arrow crippled an engine.

• Options
    Turambar wrote: »

Eh, it's badassitude took a pretty bad hit when a single explosive arrow crippled an engine.

Hawkeye's arrows are things that fuck shit up. His gimmick is having ridiculous arrows.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    If only it was Avengers: Ultron Unleashed, then it would have some serious backing to it.

I kind of think it will have that Busiek plot to it because it can work for a movie if trimmed a bit. Ultron gains sentience in Europe because of AIM or Hydra, literally takes over a country with clones of himself, Avengers with SHIELD/UN have to stop him.

You even get the Thor "Have words with thee" awesome zoom-in to begin the final fight.

At the very least hopefully there's a good Ultron story to show up in the next two years to make up for that turd of an event.

• Options
    I suspect they just borrowed the name of the recent event, and the story will hew closer to earlier comics. While they've certainly drawn inspiration from modern stuff, the core plots of most of the Marvel movies have drawn on decade old comic arcs.

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    @girlsreadcomics: KAREN GILLEN HAS SHAVED HER HEAD FOR THE FILM. #gotg http://t.co/kXAttSPPDE

Photo of bald Karen Gillan

• Options
    I feel sorry for the poor souls who will pick up the trade of AoU thinking it might be crucial to the next movie.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    I suspect they just borrowed the name of the recent event, and the story will hew closer to earlier comics. While they've certainly drawn inspiration from modern stuff, the core plots of most of the Marvel movies have drawn on decade old comic arcs.
    Uh

Iron Man 3, Guardians and Captain America: The Winter Soldier are all based on recent stories

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    @girlsreadcomics: KAREN GILLEN HAS SHAVED HER HEAD FOR THE FILM. #gotg http://t.co/kXAttSPPDE

She then took a picture of Silver Surfer and tore it in half while smiling. (Scotland and Ireland are the same thing, it's topical!)

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    Uh

Iron Man 3, Guardians and Captain America: The Winter Soldier are all based on recent stories

Iron Man 3 is based on Extremis, which came out seven years ago. Guardians I will grant you, the new team being only five years old, though they appear to be using a lot of older characters not associated with that run, like The Collector, Korath, and Nebula. The Winter Soldier is based on an arc that is again about seven years old, but seems to also be heavily based on Nick Fury vs Shield, which is twenty some years old.

And of course the other movies are all based on much older material, either the first few Ultimate Marvel books, or the respective origin stories of the characters in question. My point is, they generally are falling back on older stories that have stood the test of time and criticism. there's some new stuff, yes, but it can't have been hard to pick three modern yet critically lauded arcs like The Winter Soldier, Extremis, and the new GotG. It also makes a lot of sense to do that for Cap and Iron Man, who have had long runs, but not as many defining, easily adaptable arcs. I mean, can you imagine them trying to do a Secret Empire/Nomad movie for Cap during the Obama presidency? That'd open a big ol' can of worms.

Fakefaux on
  • Options
    There's a quote from Feige floating around with him saying that Avengers: Age of Ultron has no connection to the comic and they just borrowed the name.

osasbutton.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    How does Silver Surfer fit into that?
    TexiKen wrote: »

She then took a picture of Silver Surfer and tore it in half while smiling. (Scotland and Ireland are the same thing, it's topical!)

How does Silver Surfer fit into that?

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    @empiremagazine
    The biggest fan reaction in the Cap 2 trailer was as The Falcon shot a chopper, fell backwards, then extended his wings and flew. #ComicCon

• Options
    Apparently the Cap footage also included him fighting an elevator full of corrupt SHIELD soldiers with one hand and no weapons.

• Options
    Also apparently Crossbones was in that elevator too.

I really want to see what Crossbones looks like.

I am kind of thinking it will be just a guy in a black shirt, but I hope they somehow adapt some sort of his mask.

• Options
    It sounds like Crossbones is gonna start off as a crooked SHIELD agent. I assume he'll adopt his classic look later on.

This discussion has been closed.