As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Comics in Movies and Beyond: The Sequeling

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Judging from the description of the footage I think that is Drax's.

No, the footage descriptions said Drax took it from Peter, much to Peter's chagrin.

EDIT: Also, apparently, we know one of the songs on the mixtape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo-qweh7nbQ

Fakefaux on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Either way.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Ultron is clearly going to be the Dummy Robot from the Iron Man films, tired of the abuse from Tony.

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    The most important Marvel movie news of the con

tumblr_mq9n9ndLEu1r24hxpo1_500.png

tumblr_mq9n9ndLEu1r24hxpo2_500.png

Ultron is clearly going to be the Dummy Robot from the Iron Man films, tired of the abuse from Tony.

Please God, let this happen.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    glithert wrote: »
    Alright.

Batman/Superman fight poison ivy and metallo, at the end of the movie reveal that whatever motive they had in blowing up gotham or whatever was bunk, they were both wired large sums of money from an untraceable bank account

The flash saves central city from the rogues, and flash learns that most of them escaped from cadmus laboratories, a government-funded r&d lab. Flash wonders what this means, post-credits scene of president lex luthor talking to someone on the phone, telling the mysterious person that none of the prototypes have been effective. Voice on the other end says something to the effect of coming in to do the job himself, and lex demands to know who he is talking to

Cut to the classic skull-shaped brainiac ship flying to earth

So your vision of Lex Luthor is basically Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg?

5th_SD_zorg.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    I'm fine with that.

Especially if they get Gary Oldman to play Luthor.

• GuekGuek Registered User regular
    Luthor? But...but...wasn't he...*draws on glasses*...hmm...*draws on mustache* AHAH!

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    If they're willing to get an older actor for Luthor then they should just go with Clancy Brown.

Guek wrote: »
    Luthor? But...but...wasn't he...*draws on glasses*...hmm...*draws on mustache* AHAH!

If he can play Beethoven and Drexel Spivy he can be motherfucking Lex Luthor.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Gary Oldman would be amazing as Lex Luthor.

And that isn't because he looks or sounds like Luthor.

Its more a testament to the fact that Oldman is a fantastic actor who is almost always great.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    because ant-man is so hypothetically silly it seems like ant-man's gonna be introduced in age of ultron before his own movie

I don't really think that's why. Wright has always wanted his movie to be about Lang

At least we're getting a movie to set up Pym and give him a big enough mistake to want to give up the mantle

He's being introduced in Age of Ultron instead of someone else's movie

We don't know enough about Wright's Ant-man to know how big Pym's role is in the movie or if he'll be in it on-screen at all.
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Its going to be interesting to see how Joss Whedon handles this. If he can pull off the hat trick, I will be quite impressed. Expectations for Avengers 2 are going to be astronomical.

In Whedon We Trust.
    because ant-man is so hypothetically silly it seems like ant-man's gonna be introduced in age of ultron before his own movie

All super-heroes are ridiculous. Have you watched the finished footage from Wright's Ant-man? Makes Ant-man looks awesome. Pym is an interesting character in his own right, as well. The bigwigs are Marvel probably nixed Pym since his infamous moments from the comics would cause an embarrassment to the public/press. I don't think they'd like fans or reporters asking about why they're using a super-hero domestic abuser in their movies.

Harry Dresden on
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

they were so close to perfect with that tag line

should have been "The bigger they are, the harder they brawl", not "fight"

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    hey man you dont gotta convince me, you gotta convince the theatre going public

edited July 2013
    hey man you dont gotta convince me, you gotta convince the theatre going public

That's not impossible. Marvel's done amazing stuff translating into big budget live action movies for years. They should have the experience and brand respectability necessary for Ant-man now. Thor and Avengers were their biggest tests and they succeeded. Can't wait for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Harry Dresden on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Michael C. Hall for Luthor

So I had a friend ask me for stories with Ultron, and really the only good ones of the top of my head are the Ultron Unlimited arc from Avengers Volume 3 and Annihilation Conquest. Any other ideas?

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Michael C. Hall for everything

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    There's the Daredevil vs. Ultrons from Acts of Evil (DD #275)

....and that's it outside of the ones you mentioned. He's shown up in Avengers West Coast a bit, but it's always kind of generic villain stuff. Ultron Unlimited and A:C are really his best appearances.

There is a Frank Tieri written Iron Man arc where Ultron fights Tony in his own Iron Man armor, which sounds pretty good, right?

Then it has a scene where Jocasta is robot raped.

was ultron in Avengers Forever

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    He had a pretty rad role in Bendis' initial Heroic Age Avengers arc

CYpGAPn.png
    Hopefully Hickman tackles him at some point then :)

• glithertglithert Registered User regular
    If you're going for an older Luthor I would cast Kevin Spacey again or maybe Dean Norris

Zonugal wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Vin Diesel for everything

glithert wrote: »
    If you're going for an older Luthor I would cast Kevin Spacey again or maybe Dean Norris

Clancy Brown or Michael Ironside.

• glithertglithert Registered User regular
    Michael Ironside is already Darkseid

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Someone recorded the entire Marvel Studios panel (minus the movie footage, of course):

http://youtu.be/Gh5hCBlD-tc

Tom Hiddleston, you sexy beast

• Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    The more I think about it, the more I want Norris as Luthor

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Aw, I was hoping to see the reaction to the Age of Ultron announcement.

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Anybody have any guess on which Marvel Cosmic hero this is?

Infinity_Spec_Ops_SDCC2013_Screenshot.jpg

I don't think it's Nova, and it definitely doesn't look like Drax.

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Anybody have any guess on which Marvel Cosmic hero this is?

Infinity_Spec_Ops_SDCC2013_Screenshot.jpg

I don't think it's Nova, and it definitely doesn't look like Drax.

Definitely not Nova or Drax. The keys are the distinctive gauntlets and the armored underwear, both of which I recognize but can't place.

This is going to bug me.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

they were so close to perfect with that tag line

should have been "The bigger they are, the harder they brawl", not "fight"

I was expecting "SMASH"

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    could that be spider-man 2099

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Miguel would fit the claw criteria, but he lacks the bulging blt/underwear and boots, and the silhouette does not have web-capes.

Even if he's not a cosmic dude, I'm kinda stumped.

Okay, I might have not read the news and announcements, so sorry about that picture mystery:

Spec Ops character will be a new guy.
    Chapter 2 of the second season will "really dig into the story."( Visit Season 2 Updates) Spec Op 12 is "Dark Reign," with the Dark Avengers, run not by Norman Osborn, but by "Dell Rusk," and Ares is the reward hero. PVP Season 10 brings Bishop in, as well as separate offensive and defensive PVP teams, plus PvE - it's all separated now.

Squirrel Girl, Moon Knight, Brother Voodoo, and Elektra are all on the way as playable characters - with the final being a new lockbox character.

The previously announced Infinity Spec Op will feature a new character, new to the Marvel Universe. If you're a new player on Playdom.com/SDCC, you get a free item, Woods announced, as well.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    My first thought was Super-Skrull, but I'm not sure any of the outfits he's worn would fit.

edited July 2013
    This SpecOps character doesn't necessarily need to be a hero, does it? It kind of looks like one of Thanos's new lieutenants.

The more I think about it, the more I want Norris as Luthor

You know what? Yeah. I agree. He'd be great.

Because the thing about Luthor is that he does have to also be charismatic enough to be accepted by other people who would resent his intelligence, and to be able to convey to people what he's selling them on (of course, not necessarily what he actually wants). I've been focused on Luthor being sinister and brilliant, but there's also the fact that he can convince damn near anyone (some, like Gen. Lane, obviously need less convincing) to follow him up to and including getting himself elected President. And becoming President means winning the biggest popularity contest on Earth.

That said ... Gary Oldman would also be really cool because he's Gary freaking Oldman. But then again, I'd be interested in seeing a meeting between Gordon and (President, especially) Lex Luthor over the Batman menace or maybe the Faustian pact that Gordon's made that Luthor might be willing to accept. Or just to use Gordon to get Batman turned against Superman. Has that ever happened?

Crimsondude on
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    First DOFP posters look awesome:

X-MEN-Magneto-poster.jpgX-MEN-ProfessorX-poster.jpg

So is Old Magneto presumably getting re-powered?

This discussion has been closed.