As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best air purifier for small room?

XenoXeno Registered User regular
Hey guys, I am looking for an air purifier for my room. I have a lot of electronics in my room (computer, 2 monitors, tv, game consoles, plus more), and I heard these electronics are the reasons that dust accumulates in my room (no idea if this is true), plus it is a pretty small room.

Would an air purifier help alleviate my dust issues? I mean, I vacuum and dust, but 2 days later, I already see dust accumulating on my electronics.

So what is the best air purifier? Looking for something small for my room, preferably quiet, and where I can just clean the filter and replace it, without buying a new one. I am open to all ideas though. I live in Canada, so I probably can't order from Amazon.com, but maybe I can find the type you suggest in my local stores.

Thanks a lot guys.

• Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    Do you have air ducts? If so, when was the last time you replaced the furnace filter?

For the air purifier, I suggest a HEPA-grade filter. (The ion ones aren't a great idea.) You should be able to get a reasonable size for the room for roughly $50.

• Options
    XenoXeno Registered User regular
    Thanks, I will look into that.

• Options
    xraydogxraydog Registered User regular
    There's something called "HEPA-like" filters which aren't built to the same standard as true HEPA filters. Also, I'm not sure about this but I think true HEPA air purifiers tend to be louder. So keep that in mind.

I have an air purifier in my room running all night while I sleep. I keep the door closed so it does a good job of cleaning the air.

• Options
    foodlefoodle Registered User regular
    IQAir HealthPro is the best, but it is very expensive.

Get some filters for the air intakes of your electronics to trap the dust.