As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Natural Selection 2] Halloween sale, 75% off! Eclipse remake teaser!

1404142434446»

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    I'm not 100% these work, but I found a few more PAX codes laying around:

J37G5-RCG5I-T9YAL

Y37HI-HCERB-I88Q2

Let me know if they work for you.

• Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    wow thats not a balance patch its like a complete redo

funny to see fades and exos get weakened considering early opinions of them

• Options
    ILMTitanILMTitan Registered User regular
    If each alien has an individual spawn timer does that mean they spawn the moment a new egg is created?
    Can marines no longer egg lock the aliens?

• Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    Look what's released:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/10984/

Holy moly. Change all the things.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    ILMTitan wrote: »
    If each alien has an individual spawn timer does that mean they spawn the moment a new egg is created?
    Can marines no longer egg lock the aliens?

An alien will spawn after a set time if an egg is available - otherwise they queue up for the next one. When a new egg is created I think there's a brief delay before it will spawn something, so if the marines are attentive they can still egglock. It's difficult though because the hive can now actively create eggs like a Shift could before.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Alien structures auto build rate is reduced by 70%, drifters speed up build time to normal rate
    thus guaranteeing I never bother to comm again

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    It's not like Alien Comm has much to do otherwise. I thought Gorges sped up build rate too.

• Options
    Alien comm time seems to have shifted from laying down cyst chains to positioning drifters. I think it's more work overall but it seems manageable.

Comming on marines is a bit more interesting now; I get a robotics way earlier than I normally do and put a MAC in each base on on every exo. Also sometimes just move them with a push to make sure everyone's armor is good.

Overall the patch seems pretty good and has certainly shaken up the game. It does seem that really long last stands happen more often now since you can get jetpacks and exos with just one CC. Before you could kill all but one marine base, kill their jetpacks/exos and then stomp them. Now you have to drain them of all resources before that can happen.

Also anyone else notice that now you can immediately jump if you hold space before hitting a wall or the ground! This makes hopping around as a skulk just more fun to do.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    So I've been in a few matches now where there will be someone getting a fade as soon as they can and then going on an absurd kill streak of like 80 or something.

Is this due to the marine team just lacking the right upgrades to defend against a fade or what? Even when 6 of us put all our ammo into a single fade, they just zip in the room... get a kill, and zip out, repeat. I get that they can have regeneration, but it seems stupidly quick for them to be able to pop back in the room a few seconds later and no matter how many bullets they get hit by they don't die.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    A good fade will never die until they do something stupid. I recommend buying some shotguns, a few blasts of that will drop them quicker than they realize they are being hit. It also isn't necessarily the HP regen evolution, but they are likely just doing a laps from their hive to wherever they are hitting you at.

onesixty2 on
  • Options
    It's more like the Marine team not being good enough at shooting the Fade.

• Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    Stay together and focus fire. And don't forget, you can still damage them whilst they're shifting.

Also, jetpacks are a HUGE help when dealing with them. Honestly, I feel like I'm far happier with a jetpack and a flamethrower than I am with an exosuit.

• Options
    You can't ever force a Fade to die - if he's playing carefully, he will always be able to escape. You have to keep pursuing objectives and make him come to you. Needless to say, you should stay in a group, with welders and shotguns. Fades are pretty powerless to fight against serious firepower.

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Do mines work well on fades, or are they not gonna trigger while shifting?

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    They do trigger, so mines can help if you're standing near them while you fight - you're not going to kill one with a mine trap in the doorway though. Turrets are also a big deterrent, but I don't recommend that because they're very expensive and usually when turrets show up it's a sign that marines have lost all their offensive momentum and are just dragging it out at that point.

• Options
    A big fucking patch just hit. By way of summing up what's in there, you can watch my latest tutorial video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMquksy1Mzw&list=PLCfp7klrYmz-0NcwKiMS-Lb5KXp666Pgc&index=10

On Friday we'll get the Reinforcement patch which will give us the Biodome map, female marines, and maybe stuff we haven't heard about yet.

• Options
    Yep this is basically a preview patch for Reinforced, they threw in a bunch of stuff that's "officially" part of the Friday update to make sure nothing breaks. Of course in true UWE fashion there's no changelog until then.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    That contributor stuff looks kinda neat.
    $75k and you get to have UWE spend 5 days making a game for you? That's pretty sweet, I wonder who's gonna be the rich goose that goes for it.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Ooh. I think I am going to be a shadow supporter. They're doing good work. Too bad I won't get to play much; PAX is this weekend.

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Wow. I need to get a new computer so I can play that beautiful and smooth game which I've previously only heard about.

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Played three hours last night. Had a lot of fun! I was on a heavy rookie server though (I haven't played since April so I figured I needed it to catch up).

I didn't get to see a lot of the new things or really take in the strategic implications due to the aforementioned rookie battle style, but I at least liked what I saw on the surface. Grenades seem fun (though I haven't used them myself yet), and I like how you don't have to research advanced guns anymore (except shotguns?). Alien changes are substantial, so I only scratched at those. The extra high costs for adding upgrades to alien forms is pretty neat -- would you like your onos at 60, 68, 76, or 84 resources? Sensory changes are boss, too, and I love the new alien nightvision.

Also the performance enhancements are win. 90 FPS at high settings? Yes please.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    just spent all day redownloading this, and hey - the menus are still broken.
    guess I won't be playing

• Options
    The new patch made me commit suicide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNH8kDk_wWU

• Options
    Got to meet Hugh and Wasabi at the PAX booth. I commanded a few games on the show floor. Had not played in Biodome or gotten a handle on all the new stuff yet so it was surreal discovering new things in the expo hall.

• Options
    NS1 nerds rejoice, Eclipse is coming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w306WXduiqk

• Options
    Cool! I hope it plays well.

• Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    $10 for the digital whatever? Sold.

• Options
    The world chamipnship semifinals and finals are being played right now. It's pretty exciting. Great production value too.