As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post Pax Party @ The Geddes Lounge! <333 Thanks for coming!!!

• DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    I'll have some updates on Monday guys :)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Everyone. BRING YOUR *DS*! <3

• Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Wait... Sunday? Fuck. Probably can't go then. I'd sort of assumed this would be a friday / saturday thing what with people having work the next day... although I guess then it wouldn't strictly be a "post pax" party. Is there anything like this scheduled for the saturday?

Mr Ray on
    Well, PAX ends early on Sunday :) gotta fill that time!

• feralmasterferalmaster melbourneRegistered User regular
    I don't party on 'school nights' often these days, but this is an exception. ;)

Besides, you don't need to get smashed, bro.

Come along on Thursday!

posted by a carbon flavoured beer based life form
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Yeah pax ends uber early Sunday, and you experience withdrawal symptoms once it kicks in. Post pax party is a medicinal need for both mind and body.

Science.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • SuperRoachSuperRoach BallaratRegistered User regular
    So many great people coming! I'm just making sure fellow Caster Ragnorak is ok with it, and we'll look on coming there as well.

• PsykarPsykar Programmer Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    May be totally tired after enforcing all weekend, but still going to make this!
    Totally works out as I'm actually going to miss cTrix at PAX itself due to my shifts :D

• TalarianTalarian Registered User regular
    Woot, got me a ticket! My flight out doesn't leave until 5PM Monday, so should be good to go :D

• PostMirabilisPostMirabilis Registered User regular
    AHHHHH just remembered at the last second to get a ticket for the GF too. Whew dodged a bullet there!!

• thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    here's hoping someone's playing Livin' on a Prayer in Rockband...

those were the days eh Tokyodove?

Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • TalarianTalarian Registered User regular
    Bon Jovi on Rock Band? I'm in. Love me some Rock Band vocals

• djkizzadjkizza Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Are there still Tix left?

djkizza wrote: »
    Are there still Tix left?
    Considering the link in the OP will still sell you a ticket, I would guess yes.

• DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    Yep, tickets are still available and will be available at the door :)

It's 3:30am here, I'm so tired I can't even see the book screen properly. I'll book when i get into the hotel tomorrow :) How's things going there, you should update the twitter! ;)

• FuzzyPredatorFuzzyPredator MelbourneRegistered User regular
    If somebody brings in a mic and some guitars, my 360 has Livin' on a Prayer on it, as well as Queen Greatest Hits... C'mon Bohemian Rhapsody anyone?!

• MeltharMelthar Registered User regular
    I'll have at least one guitar, drums and a mic (360) Seeing if I can acquire a second guitar for the weekend. Just need to work out details on how I'm getting everything there since I live out in the boonies of outer suburbia. But shall work something out by then :)

Also another controller or 2 might be handy! Same with PS3!

Guys if you're wanting to bring something and haven't already - please send me a PM :)

So looking forward to this! I hope you don't run out of door tickets! :)

It's going to be bloody epic.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Hey all!

Definitely won't run out of tickets on the day :) So head in to grab them at the door if you haven't already! Make sure to double check the address and remember - doors open at 7.30!

Music starts at 8.45pm and finish at 10.45 with the amazing Derris-Kharlan and cTrix! Especially if you missed out at PAX - don't miss out here too, they are incredible!

Also - remember, we are in the Basement :D

On the night should you have any concerns @Tokyodove is your point of reference he's got all the details down :)

Wish I could be there with you all - Have a blast!

<3

Thanks for the heads up Danacyrus!

• zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    Can't make it to your own party Danacyrus? Boo! Hopefully nothing too serious...

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
    Yeah no kidding!

All is good :) Just unfortunate circumstances :)

Curse your unfortunate circumstances... you deserved your party!

• KevralynKevralyn Registered User regular
    Since it ends up being super close and convenient and all, I should be along :>

Dominic
    sig.gif
    edited July 2013
    Entry on king street, doorman is wearing my BYOC ticket he is quite friendly.
    #paxbeer

feralmaster on
    That's one way to make it obvious :P Good job!

We're on our way (soon)!

@danacyrus aw shucks I really wanted to meet you to say thanks on behalf of MURRKA' and Goomba kind.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Is okay <3

Have fun!! You should catch the end of the second set of music!

Thanks for organizing, D, was a pleasure to help. Tokyo was a great choice.

Great location, ima going to check in at all the stripper places next door to make my wife happy tomorrow. :P

Ahahahahahahaha XD

<3

Wow had a blast last night. It's not too often I meet a buuunch of swell gentlemen and ladies and we break into a giant chorus of the zelda theme.

TIL Ron Weasley is a very attractive individual.

@danacyrus - thanks again for organizing this. It was bloody awesome and I hope the tradition continues next year and so forth.

You Aussies have earned a PAX because you deserve it. Good luck and have fun.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Why hello everyone,

I just wanted to start by mentioning a few manes and pointing fingers.

Firstly thanks to everyone who bought tickets, or came to the party! You guys are what really makes this kinda event what it is. Secondly, to @Tokyodove for going above and beyond what I asked on the day to make sure everything went smoothly and keeping me updated throughout the night! This guy! Also to @Feralmaster who was there to lend a hand during set up! To our console guys - you're awesome :D

These guys are the only reason the party went ahead - so thank you!

Hope it was awesome :D

As for next year - we'll see :P

I have some.... more..... interesting plans :P

I (heart) you all! Thank you to everyone that enjoyed playing my console! I think we played a LOT of Mortal Kombat.... so much.... MK.....

I would also like to say thank you to all the people that kept very much aware that it was another persons belongings and looked after them and didn't thrash the controllers! My Xbox is still alive (Portal much?) this morning and all is well!

I shall see you all next year at the Pre PAX Party and will be helping yet again! Here's hoping to be an enforcer!

Sounds like MMMig was in the never have I ever with us last night! :D
    It was fantastic the whole thing I loved it.

Besides the music, the people, consoles, the games being played like puzzle fighter, prizes (I won the league of legends thing somehow!), I loved the seats! It sounds like a minor thing but after three days of walking with cameras and equipment, sitting down... felt amazing.

I think the post post post PAX party ended about 4.30am? Man that was. epic :-D

It was a pleasure to meet you all in the flesh!

• tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    thanks for showing up guys, it was fantastic to meet you guys in real life and shake hands, that was definitely the best way i could ever imagine ending PAX. big shout outs to danacyrus for organising it all, plus chris and nathan for the music, and the geddes lounge stuff for being absolute legends. looking forward to next year...

This discussion has been closed.