As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre/Post PAX Maryland Meetup

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Actually, looking back through the most recent posts it looks like the 30th is good for most of us. Let's plan on the 30th! Is everyone good with Games & Stuff, as usual?

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Sounds good to me, see you on the 30th.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    I actually am not going to be able to make the 30th sorry for the late notice was hoping my cold would clear up in time

edited June 2013
    I'm on the way!
    @nevermore13 I appreciate you not wanting to get us sick. Maybe next month!

TabooPhantasy on
    ~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    Ok, with the tournament over, I'm back! For July I believe we are looking at either the 13th, 14th, or 20th, 21st. Please post your availability!

edited July 2013
    Sorry I missed you all last weekend, got roped into something at the last minute.
    Exodus1 wrote: »
    Ok, with the tournament over, I'm back! For July I believe we are looking at either the 13th, 14th, or 20th, 21st. Please post your availability!

The 13th/14th is the Magic 2014 prerelease weekend, so I will be busy one of those days for that. In addition, G&S will probably be packed for the events so I would prefer the 20th/21st.
    I am less likely to be able to get the 30th off.
    VGL is awesome and I would love to go! LAWN SEATING PICNIC FTW (yes? I hope I'm not the only one excited about that...)

Lawn is fine with me. I went ahead and picked up a ticket. Any other takers for Video Games Live! at Wolf Trap?

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
    edited July 2013
    Bought my VGL ticket! I'm off work at 6 that day, so I will probably head there directly from work.
    Oh, and I can bring a blanket!

TabooPhantasy on
    ~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    Malgaras wrote: »
    The 13th/14th is the Magic 2014 prerelease weekend, so I will be busy one of those days for that. In addition, G&S will probably be packed for the events so I would prefer the 20th/21st.

Good point, thanks for the heads up, who is available either the 20th or 21st for a games meetup?

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    20th is a no go, but the 21st is ok, may be hung over, but game playing is a good hang over remedy.

Looks like the 21st would be better for me to.

1tLJUH2O.png
    edited July 2013
    Great, the July meetup is set for Sunday July 21st, Noon, at Games and Stuff, keep posting availability and I will update the roster accordingly, see everyone soon!

July 21st Meetup Roster:

Zepherin +1
    Malgaras
    Exodus (tbd)
    Taboo
    Lucid Seraph (Maybe)

Exodus1 on
    I'm off work! I'll be there :D

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    You guys going to otakon? If you're in the city that weekend, BitGen Gamer Fest will be going 3pm-1am on Saturday, August 10th. It's at Rams Head Live, which is a ridic swanky concert venue that's just a quick walk from the convention center. We'll have arcade games, console games, art for sale, and these bands performing:

Powerglove (Metal game and tv theme covers)
    The Megas (Mega Man inspired pop-rock with lyrics)
    Super Guitar Bros (Acoustic guitar duet, who will also be playing pax prime)
    OverClocked University (OverClocked Remix's official live band)
    Rare Candy (VG Synth rock)
    Random aka Megaran (Hip-hop with a video game backbeat)
    Random Battles (baltimore local VG rock)
    Those Who Fight (Final Fantasy themed rock opera)
    X-Hunters (Metal covers from the Mega Man X series)
    Cheap Dinosaurs (Rock/Chiptune fusion)
    Knight of the Round (Final Fantasy metal covers

20 bucks in advance, 25 at the door, but there's a $5 door-sale discount for otakon badge holders.

yeah? eh? huh?

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    1. I am interested in BitGen, but may be doing something else that weekend. We'll see.

2. And I might make Sunday's meetup, buuut it's not too likely?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    It turns out I'm going to the beach a day earlier than I had originally planned and won't be able to come on Sunday. Have fun, though!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Yeahhh, I had a late night last night and thus couldn't make it either. SOME OTHER TIME, PERHAPS.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    edited July 2013
    @nickthenewbie sounds really cool, I am going to Otakon, and will see if I can work it in, I'll tell all my Otakon friends about it.
    Yeahhh, I had a late night last night and thus couldn't make it either. SOME OTHER TIME, PERHAPS.
    It ended up being a bad day for everyone, but we do it every month, hope to see you at the next one!

Exodus1 on
    @nickthenewbie sounds really cool, I am going to Otakon, and will see if I can work it in, I'll tell all my Otakon friends about it.

THAX.

edited August 2013
    August Meet-ups:

Otakon: Aug. 9th - 11th at the Baltimore Convention Center (Tickets $80)

I will be going with my friends Dave and Henry, we will be there from about 10am until mid-night each day. Anyone who would like to join us, or just meet up for part of the day, let me know!

August Gaming Meet-up: The August meet-up will be Sunday August 18th, Noon at Games and Stuff. Also, at this session, depending on who attends, some had been asking for me to run a session of LWRPG, which I would be happy to do, let me know your interest!

August Meet-up Roster:
    Exodus
    Duke 2.0
    Radiation
    Nevermore
    Zepherin +1
    Malgaras

Exodus1 on
    I'll be at the mag table in the dealer hall if you'd like to come by and say hi :)

I'll be at the mag table in the dealer hall if you'd like to come by and say hi :)
    Awesome, I'll definitely stop by, will you be at the BitGen concert as well, or are you glued to the table for the weekend? Let me know what booth number you are near if you find out!

Awesome, I'll definitely stop by, will you be at the BitGen concert as well, or are you glued to the table for the weekend? Let me know what booth number you are near if you find out!

Dealer hall closes at 6pm on sat, I think, so I'll be hightailing it out of there over to bitgen as fast as i can.

I will be in Alaska that weekend! I will try to remember to think of you while I'm there.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Heya, I live in College Park near the University. I'm not really familiar with most of you guys but a games night sounds delightful. Sunday afternoons are the one consistent off day from work, so that would be my in.

VRXwDW7.png
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I have just moved to the area (Fort Meade area)! I recognize no names, because these forums are damn huge.
    I am in for either August date (if I get kitchen permission of course), and I'm down for a game night.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
    edited August 2013
    @Duke 2.0 @Radiation Hello! I'm Exodus (Sean), I run the MD meetups, always happy to see some new faces, no worries if you don't know any of us yet, we are a welcoming bunch. We should have the date of our next meetup worked out soon, let me know if there are any games you'd like to see!

Exodus1 on
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    Ok, so wow I have not posted in while and all of the sudden I see new faces. First of all awesome glad to have you guys. Second, I should be completely free on Sunday August 18th. I know we love Games and Stuff and I have no problem with a meetup there however, with people mentioning night and afternoon we may want to think of either another place or a place to go from there since they close at 6:00 on Sundays.

Lastly @Exodus RP heavy version of lightweight RPG at the next meetup please.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    The 18th looks better for us, but we are only going to be a maybe for the 18th. August has us booked heavily the hole month. No time for gaming :(

For August, I've got a bunch of stuff going on with no definite dates on most of it yet so I can't really be sure.

As it stands, the 18th looks OK.

1tLJUH2O.png
    Ok, great, so the August meetup will be August 18th, Noon, at Games and Stuff, look forward to seeing you all!

Good date, but I will probably get there around 2 due to prior arrangements + metro. Hopefully things will still be going strong then.

VRXwDW7.png
    I finally met exodus, and it was a glorious feeling.

@NickTheNewbie that's how it is every time.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Good date, but I will probably get there around 2 due to prior arrangements + metro. Hopefully things will still be going strong then.

We will be there until the store closes around 6pm, see you there!

I finally met exodus, and it was a glorious feeling.

Haha, the feeling was mutual, see you in a few months at MAGFest!

FYI Minor crisis with work going on right now. Might make it tomorrow, might not.

1tLJUH2O.png
    I may be a bit late, as it's 30 min drive and the wife is going to church in the morning (only one car).
    Still will be there.

Seems I used an outdated address when I checked the route a week ago holy crap that is a while away. Didn't know we would be closer to Baltimore than DC. I should be able to cobble something together, but it'll take a while to get around.

VRXwDW7.png
    Thanks to everyone who came out yesterday, we had a great time! Hope to see you all again next month.

edited August 2013
    September Meetups:

Charm City Gameday: Sept. 7th, morning and afternoon sessions, I will be running two never before seen LWRPG quests. There will also be a number of other rpg run for you to join. The event will be held at Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie, MD.

http://www.charmcitygameday.com/

How to sign up.

Morning: http://www.conplanner.com/ActivityView.aspx?c=128&a=1343

Afternoon: http://www.conplanner.com/ActivityView.aspx?c=128&a=1344

MD Renaissance Festival: Sept. 8th, all day, we will meet at the MD renaissance festival and enjoy the day, open invite.

Exodus1 on
    My wife wants to do the Ren fair on Saturday. I cannot seem to change her mind.
    Sorry I can't make it Saturday, was kind of looking forward to it. I had a good time last month.