As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel NOW! - The Future is NOW! Page One NS56k

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    sometimes I like to imagine an alternate timeline where Peter and Mary Jane are raising baby May and also Peter is still a science teacher

amen

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Peter wakes up next to Mary Jane and says "Honey, wake up. You won't believe the dream I just had." and then their daughter jumps on the bed and asks for pancakes.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    basically this except Pam is Mary Jane and Bobby is Peter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvinAPPfyAQ

Centipede Damascus on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    in that situation I'd rather you be Bobby and I'd be Pam

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    You guys have to be kidding.

A little bit, sure.

• MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Wasn't Doom 2099 just the normal 616 Doom?

It was always heavily hinted, but never explicitly confirmed. Even if it was, this is the industry that essentially defined the term "retcon" so we'll see where they go with this.

• ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    My secret hope is that Daisy basically just leads a covert branch for SHIELD. maria is a fine fit to run the main show, but have Daisy running black ops and stuff with the rest of the secret warriors crew.

Though I guess most of the opposition in a covert conflict were resolved in secret warriors anyway.

But Maria Hill is a stupid character, whose character resume primarily consists of "appointed director of SHIELD to serve as weak stooge for Civil War" and other such failures. She doesn't have history, she's not likeable, she doesn't have any describable skills. Daisy is at least in theory the real Nick Fury Jr., who operated as Fury's inside man orchestrating things for him inside SHIELD for how many years, and then did Secret Warriors. Actually, the only argument needed is:

Daisy Johnson is a superspy who was in Secret Warriors and that was awesome. Maria Hill was not.

Zyrxil on
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Honestly

If I went into comics and figured out I was good at writing them

I would literally set up my entire career in such a way to get into the position to undo One More Day

Because fuck. That.

Okay.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Zyrxil wrote: »
    My secret hope is that Daisy basically just leads a covert branch for SHIELD. maria is a fine fit to run the main show, but have Daisy running black ops and stuff with the rest of the secret warriors crew.

Though I guess most of the opposition in a covert conflict were resolved in secret warriors anyway.

But Maria Hill is a stupid character, whose character resume primarily consists of "appointed director of SHIELD to serve as weak stooge for Civil War" and other such failures. She doesn't have history, she's not likeable, she doesn't have any describable skills. Daisy is at least in theory the real Nick Fury Jr., who operated as Fury's inside man orchestrating things for him inside SHIELD for how many years, and then did Secret Warriors. Actually, the only argument needed is:

Daisy Johnson is a superspy who was in Secret Warriors and that was awesome. Maria Hill was not.

See, what I'm thinking at this point is that the Director of SHIELD right now doesn't have to be the super spy, but rather the one that is visible to the public (or at least the political/superhero/military people who would be interacting with SHIELD), that is a name associated with SHIELD and a leadership role in SHIELD, and basically can run damage control. SHIELD is a different organization now, and it seems to be setting up more as the global police than the global CIA.

The true blue superspy leader is the one that nobody should even know is pulling the covert shit.

It's a silly hope, but basically I see them pushing Maria as director and if I can't have Daisy as director, I'd settle for her just doing the really hush hush stuff with her own team.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2013

No, he's normal 928 Doom. (2099 took place in an alternate universe)
    MetalMagus wrote: »

It was always heavily hinted, but never explicitly confirmed. Even if it was, this is the industry that essentially defined the term "retcon" so we'll see where they go with this.

Er, no, it was flat out confirmed. Doom 2099 ran into "original flavor" Doom, but it was revealed that "original flavor" was the false doom and the 2099 was the real deal. For the 928 universe at least.

Undead Scottsman on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Maria Hill actually became a really great character after Civil War. Iron Man, Avengers, etc.

She is awesome.

CYpGAPn.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Just less awesome than Daisy.

But yeah, let Maria run the org while Daisy does the black ops

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure how to feel about Avengers 2 being focused on Ultron.

wVEsyIc.png
  • MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular

No, he's normal 928 Doom. (2099 took place in an alternate universe)
    MetalMagus wrote: »

Er, no, it was flat out confirmed. Doom 2099 ran into "original flavor" Doom, but it was revealed that "original flavor" was the false doom and the 2099 was the real deal. For the 928 universe at least.

Comics everyone!

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I like Maria Hill more than Daisy Johnston

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to feel about Avengers 2 being focused on Ultron.

Probably good since Hank Pym is getting his movie before it.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Ant-Man comes out after Avengers 2 and is seemingly going to star Scott Lang.

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Whaaaaaaaaa!?!?!?!?

Blankzilla wrote: »

Whaaaaaaaaa!?!?!?!?

I am pretty sure Edgar Wright has said he plans to have both Pym and Lang in the movie.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    the word is they're adapting To Steal an Ant-Man

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Nightcrawler coming back to life as a swashbuckling afterlife pirate in Amazing X-Men.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=83854

The team consists of Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Iceman, Northstar and Firestar.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Nightcrawler coming back to life as a swashbuckling afterlife pirate in Amazing X-Men.

The team consists of Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Iceman, Northstar and Firestar.

New costume please

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

Can we get an All-Star X-Men with Northstar, Firestar, Shatterstar, Moonstar, Chamber, and Warpath as the new Starjammers?

I'd read it.

• mrmrmrmr nameless protagonist Registered User regular
    edited July 2013

At first it got a "mehhh" because characters back from the dead etc etc (even if they didn't exactly say he's coming back from the dead, just that his story isn't over) and also Azazel. But with Jason Aaron and Ed McGuiness at the helm I have faith it'll be rad.

mrmr on
    Practice Round, my blog where I talk (mostly) about comics.
    p4.png
    edited July 2013
    I wonder if, whenever they need to bring a character back from, the editors hang up a big office bulletin: "Need 50 ideas for resurrection story for X by 3pm. Winner gets a set of steak knives."

Zyrxil on
    Jason Aaron has been teasing Nightcrawler's return since WatXM started.

He also wrote an incredible issue of the Wolverine solo title that dealt with Logan grieving over Kurt's death.

This is not a dartboard situation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering what Kurt will think of the Bamfs

edited July 2013
    Balefuego wrote: »

He also wrote an incredible issue of the Wolverine solo title that dealt with Logan grieving over Kurt's death.

Still, there's plenty of "And pray for a resurrection" feeling around it when you're teasing a return that fast. I feel like there should be a minimum of 5 real life years before a character is resurrected, unless the same writer does it right at the end of the arc or at the end of the immediate next arc.

Zyrxil on
    edited July 2013
    I wonder if, whenever they need to bring a character back from, the editors hang up a big office bulletin: "Need 50 ideas for resurrection story for X by 3pm. Winner gets a set of steak knives."
    First place is a Cadillac.
    Second place is a set of steak knives.
    Third place is you're fired.

Enter at your own risk.

Balefuego wrote: »

Still, there's plenty of "And pray for a resurrection" feeling around it when you're teasing a return that fast. I feel like there should be a minimum of 5 real life years before a character is resurrected, unless the same writer does it right at the end of the arc or at the end of the immediate next arc.
    I want to see Nightcrawler's reaction to being resurrected, especially if he's been dead dead. Because in Marvel canon the afterlife is real. I'd want to know

A. Did he go to the Afterlife?
    B. Was it Heaven?
    C. Was it Hell?
    D. If (B), does he resent being alive again?
    E. If (C), is he grateful? Is he resentful at God? Is he hellbent (so to speak) on proving himself worthy of Heaven?

Crimsondude on
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I'm wondering what Kurt will think of the Bamfs

All of the Bamfs are going to meld together into Nightcrawler.

Every time he teleports he risks coming out as the Bamfs instead of himself

• Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    I want to see Nightcrawler's reaction to being resurrected, especially if he's been dead dead. Because in Marvel canon the afterlife is real. I'd want to know

A. Did he go to the Afterlife?
    B. Was it Heaven?
    C. Was it Hell?
    D. If (B), does he resent being alive again?
    E. If (C), is he grateful? Is he resentful at God? Is he hellbent (so to speak) on proving himself worthy of Heaven?

The Wolverine vs. the X-Men/Wolverine Goes to Hell story did have Nightcrawler's spirit as an agent of Heaven helping Wolverine fighting off the demonic possession. Telling Emma Frost when she thought that he was a part of Logan's subconsciousness to fight of the intruders "No, I'm the real..." and telling Logan that Heaven has the best beer. And as that story was also written by Jason Aaron, I don't think he will sweeping Nightcrawler's death under the rug.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Another X title? Are they dropping a book in place of it?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Astonishing X-Men, I believe

also X-Factor just wrapped up, or is about to

Astonishing and X-Factor are both ending yes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    It's supposed to take Astonishing's spot, but Marvel is a publishing Hydra, so there's probably one more book planned to launch too. And this time it will be three times a month, two in one week!

I just want more people in the Marvel Universe to not act like death of a hero is serious business. Now Cyclops can point to Kurt and go "Remember how you were all crybabies when he died and blamed me like you always do? You know he was going to come back, right? So shut up about Xavier!"

TexiKen wrote: »
    It's supposed to take Astonishing's spot, but Marvel is a publishing Hydra, so there's probably one more book planned to launch too. And this time it will be three times a month, two in one week!

I just want more people in the Marvel Universe to not act like death of a hero is serious business. Now Cyclops can point to Kurt and go "Remember how you were all crybabies when he died and blamed me like you always do? You know he was going to come back, right? So shut up about Xavier!"

"sure thing, bub. Just let me kill you for a few years, so you and Chuck will be even"

This discussion has been closed.