As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Canberra / South Coast Folk going to PAX!

MattyG08MattyG08 Founder of The Core Gaming Australia || Indie Game DeveloperSouth Coast, NSW, AustraliaRegistered User regular
Who here is from that region? we should all get in contact and have a meetup when we hit PAX Aus this year!

The Core Gaming Australia, Founder/CEO/Lead Programmer

• Options
    GutterkisserGutterkisser Registered User regular
    I'm a bit of a filthy lurker on here, but I'm from Canberra and making the pilgrimage. I definitely need to make the effort to meet some folks, lest I spend PAX weekend alone and miss the whole point of it.

• Options
    DaCrawDaCraw Registered User regular
    I spent 5 years there studying at the ANU, does that count? I've moved back to Melbourne now, though.

---
  • Options
    MattyG08MattyG08 Founder of The Core Gaming Australia || Indie Game Developer South Coast, NSW, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    5 years at ANU can probably make you an honourary Canberra folk. ^_^

• Options
    FatSoDaFatSoDa Professor Doctor AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Im a canberra milk kid! Happy for a meet up, that sounds le awesome!

[E]nforcing it Like I stole it
    paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    MattyG08MattyG08 Founder of The Core Gaming Australia || Indie Game Developer South Coast, NSW, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    FatSoDa wrote: »
    Im a canberra milk kid! Happy for a meet up, that sounds le awesome!
    Dude I love Canberra Milk

• Options
    zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    South coast for me! Wollongong to be more specific :)

Speaking of the South Coast - The Gong-Con (non electronic games) convention is happening on the Easter weekend if anyone is interested. It's small, but it's fierce :)

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • Options
    Nuts, Im not much for table-top games.

• Options
    SobekhSobekh Registered User new member
    I will be going to pax and Im from Canberra!

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Another Canberran going to PAX!

• Options
    DeathbystormDeathbystorm CanberraRegistered User regular
    I'm from Canberra too won the Tickets off Xbox Aus haha but probs going alone, my friend bailed out last minute :(

• Options
    FishForBirdieFishForBirdie Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Canberran here, I'd turn up for a meetup. How're y'all getting to Melbourne?

Freelance (video game) embroiderer @ Fishing For Birdie
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Is anyone going to WinterCon at the EPIC this weekend? We're in Canberra, visiting from the US, and would love to meet up with PAX people before the show.

26904.png
  • Options
    I had never heard of WinterCon before! Lots of tabletop that looks pretty cool, I wont be making it though.. :S

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    WinterCon is CanCon's younger brother, with CanCon generally occurring in January.
    CanCon tends to have a wider variety of exhibits than WinterCon in my experience, with board game libraries and tournaments as well as the tabletop gaming.
    I tend not to go to WinterCon though since I'm not all that into tabletop gaming. Still worth a walk through though if you're in town.

• Options
    itchbayitchbay Self-Rescuing Princess Registered User regular
    We had a good time just playing games. But it does seem like it's geared mainly for the minis.

Not *that* kind of princess.
  • Options
    JuiceJuice Registered User regular
    Another Canberra guy running around PAX alone, you can find me by running around screaming "Juice"

• Options
    JuiceJuice Registered User regular
    So now that PAX is over is any one interested in getting together to hang out out and play some games or do some table top?

This discussion has been closed.