As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat][WITTINESS GOES HERE]

• sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited August 2007
    Aemilius wrote: »
    Zomg! I've been sigged! I had no idea! This is the best day of my life.

That's way too close to the truth for my own good.

Stay away from girls of whom you have unrequited feelings for. It just is not worth it in the long run.

But, but, maybe she'll dump her long term boyfriend for me! Right? That's totally a reasonable thing to wait for, right?

No.

i·ro·ny1 /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun, plural -nies. 1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    None of you mentioned my awesome second post story at all. I hate you all.
    <3

Dude, that story's in every single intro psych book ever. Baby Albert is nothing compared to Harry Harlowe's "research".

It's horribly inhumane, but it's provided interesting insight.

I'm not posting it for people who have read a psych book.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited August 2007
    Gim wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    This one's called 'Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down'.

Not enough :^: in all the world.

Seriously, thirteen billion thumbs just isn't enough.

A quality album through and through. I don't really need anything else out of them.

But their new one is so awesome. I never make it past the first song, since I just put it on loop, but goddamn that's a good one.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Mithrandir86Mithrandir86 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Edgewood wrote: »

Stay away from girls of whom you have unrequited feelings for. It just is not worth it in the long run.

What if that girl is your neighbor?

You can socialize, but only in groups of more than 5 people. Be approachable, but don't get too close. It will drive you crazy with expectation.

Mithrandir86 on
    edited August 2007
    Oh, also, she's in a class of mine, so I will be seeing her a lot, and discussing feminism with her. Talking about important issues with smart girls is pretty much the worst thing for me if my goal is to not get super turned-on.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    yalborap wrote: »
    Aem, maybe you should distance yourself from this girl. What you're talking about is the type of shit that festers.

No, no. See, I'm much happier when I'm miserable.

No you aren't. You are just comfortable because you aren't used to happiness yet. I suggest you go learn, its much better this way. (Nb: used to be exactly like you so don't give me any excuses I'm a ignore them.)

I know. That was the joke.

Brain no [chat]

Jokes continuously repeated have a way of tricking your brain into taking them seriously. It's no joke. Let go of the girl dude. It's your only hope!

I just need to find someone else who's actually available. I just have bad luck, really.

Ask yourself how you would feel knowing that a girl likes you simply because you are available but until you came along she was content continuously liking someone else like a lost puppy girl.

I think the answer will guide your future actions. ;)

Seriously, dude, you're gonna want to fix this. Listen to the lord of the mornings.

Goddamnit, you're fifteen, and if you start giving me advice, I'll start sharing our IM conversations with the whole forum. :P

yalborap on
    edited August 2007

But, but, maybe she'll dump her long term boyfriend for me! Right? That's totally a reasonable thing to wait for, right?

No.

i·ro·ny1 /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun, plural -nies. 1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

I'm well aware of the irony. I've just been there before, and I don't want anyone to have to go through it if they don't have to.

Mithrandir86 on
    edited August 2007

No.

I'm well aware of the irony. I've just been there before, and I don't want anyone to have to go through it if they don't have to.

I know it's totally unreasonable -- see, guys, my problem is not ignorance. I already know everything you're telling me.

It just doesn't matter. I'm going to end up doing the dumb, irrational thing, and then six months later I'll look back on it and wonder what the hell I was thinking.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

What if that girl is your neighbor?

You can socialize, but only in groups of more than 5 people. Be approachable, but don't get too close. It will drive you crazy with expectation.

Good advice, but it does not help me when I'm leaving my apartment particularly early and run into her throwing out the trash in her loose PJ's.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

No.

I know it's totally unreasonable -- see, guys, my problem is not ignorance. I already know everything you're telling me.

It just doesn't matter. I'm going to end up doing the dumb, irrational thing, and then six months later I'll look back on it and wonder what the hell I was thinking.

Then its a matter of self control, which is just another learnable skill.

edit: Also so you know you were an ass to Yal just then. His age has nothing to do with it.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited August 2007
    So, I'm in the library right now, and as I'm posting, there are insanely hot girls walking by my computer station with ridiculous regularity, and yet I'm really not giving any of them a second thought.

I'm. So. Fucked.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited August 2007
    So, I'm in the library right now, and as I'm posting, there are insanely hot girls walking by my computer station with ridiculous regularity, and yet I'm really not giving any of them a second thought.

I'm. So. Fucked.

Go talk to one. Who cares about motivation. Do it because an internet guy told you too.

Morninglord on
    edited August 2007

No.

Then its a matter of self control, which is just another learnable skill.

edit: Also so you know you were an ass to Yal just then. His age has nothing to do with it.

Awwwwwwww, I didn't mean nothin' by it. Yal's a good guy, and he knows I'd never reveal our IM chatlogs. :P

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited August 2007
    Oh, also, she's in a class of mine, so I will be seeing her a lot, and discussing feminism with her. Talking about important issues with smart girls is pretty much the worst thing for me if my goal is to not get super turned-on.

Aw man, that sucks.

I had feelings for this girl in first year, and I was pretty sure the feelings were not mutual. I very nearly expressed these feelings, but when I got there her friend was over. I just went back to my room. Oh man, how I was saved.

I stopped hanging out with her when I got back from Christmas vacation. When I saw her again this year, I found her kind of irritating. She also informed me that I was the last person earth that she would have sleep with.

Mithrandir86 on
    edited August 2007

I'm. So. Fucked.

Go talk to one. Who cares about motivation. Do it because an internet guy told you too.

Yeah, but I can tell by the way they dress/etc that probably none of them have what I'm looking for in a girl except for huge jubblies.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited August 2007

Aw man, that sucks.

I had feelings for this girl in first year, and I was pretty sure the feelings were not mutual. I very nearly expressed these feelings, but when I got there her friend was over. I just went back to my room. Oh man, how I was saved.

I stopped hanging out with her when I got back from Christmas vacation. When I saw her again this year, I found her kind of irritating. She also informed me that I was the last person earth that she would have sleep with.

See, this is not my problem. If I get rejected, I can move on. Actually, that's not really true, so never mind.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Dammit.

My aunt went and switched my swag bag with my cousin's.

I had my Warhammer Beta thing in there. D:

Incenjucar on
    edited August 2007

I'm. So. Fucked.

Do it because TWO internet guys told you two.

Ask if they want to go fly some kites.

The advice of XKCD can never be wrong!!!

yalborap on
    edited August 2007
    I hope I'm not boring people with my girl troubles. I mean, it's something to talk about. Certainly makes the [chat] move along quickly. Not much else for me to contribute ATM, really. I mean, I've already talked about my school, and I really don't know much about my classes yet.

@Fireguy -- Your despair nourishes me.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited August 2007

I'm. So. Fucked.

Yeah, but I can tell by the way they dress/etc that probably none of them have what I'm looking for in a girl except for huge jubblies.

So? Give it a shot anyways! Worst case scenario, you were right. Best case scenario, you end up with <prematurely deleted so as to not enrage The Cat>.

yalborap on
  • ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007

I'm. So. Fucked.

You're making excuses. You'll never find out for sure unless you go talk to them.

ege02 on
    edited August 2007

Aw man, that sucks.

See, this is not my problem. If I get rejected, I can move on. Actually, that's not really true, so never mind.

I got rejected once.

I slept with her a week later.

Mithrandir86 on
    edited August 2007

I'm. So. Fucked.

They're in a goddam library. What do you want, Einsteins grand daughter.

Morninglord on
    edited August 2007
    ege02 wrote: »

I'm. So. Fucked.

You're making excuses. You'll never find out for sure unless you go talk to them.

Thhbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbth.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007

I'm. So. Fucked.

In recent years, I've found that to be a very bad indicator of personality. Even interesting, smart, engaging girls can dress in stuff from Express or the Gap.

If that's what you're meaning to indicate, at least. I once met a girl that had the classic valley girl accent, but we talked about Carl Rogers and Albert Ellis for hours.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The bugger better log in tonight so I can get all the codes he has on him.

I had like these card codes for that freebie game and all these little bits of info I had collected and ARGH DAMN YOU AUNTIE.

Incenjucar on
    edited August 2007

I'm. So. Fucked.

It's the school library. Plenty of people use school (and public) libraries who aren't smart/don't have nerdy interests.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited August 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    The bugger better log in tonight so I can get all the codes he has on him.

I had like these card codes for that freebie game and all these little bits of info I had collected and ARGH DAMN YOU AUNTIE.

That's it. Keep going.

Yum yum yum.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited August 2007

I'm. So. Fucked.

Does she have huge jubblies?

yalborap on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Elendil on
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I can't post pictures when I'm jailed, can I? Boo, and I got some pictures of Wicket to show off today.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited August 2007

I'm. So. Fucked.

In recent years, I've found that to be a very bad indicator of personality. Even interesting, smart, engaging girls can dress in stuff from Express or the Gap.

If that's what you're meaning to indicate, at least. I once met a girl that had the classic valley girl accent, but we talked about Carl Rogers and Albert Ellis for hours.

Seriously. I mean, if clothing was such a strong indicator of personality, nobody would be talking to Incenjucar right now.

ege02 on
    edited August 2007

I'm. So. Fucked.

Let's just say Newtown can't accurately predict their gravity.

Morninglord on
    edited August 2007

I'm. So. Fucked.

Let's just say Newtown can't accurately predict their gravity.

Then yes.

yalborap on
    edited August 2007
    guys guys guys stop objectifying womenz olol

ege02 on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You people have grown a lovely forest of quote trees.

Gim on
    edited August 2007
    ege02 wrote: »

I'm. So. Fucked.

Thhbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbth.

Besides what the romantic comedies and teen soap operas tell you, sometimes you can doom a relationship by expressing your feelings.

In general, you should never seem too interested - and it should never look like you're trying too hard (you can try hard, just don't look like you're trying hard). It's better to wait until you've at least slept together a few times before you start talking about 'feelings'.

Mithrandir86 on
  • PillsAreNicePillsAreNice Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Quick question: if you had a clone would you have sex with it?

PillsAreNice on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    See my game reviews at: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=strangegamer
    edited August 2007
    I'm glad Cat's on a bus right now.

Morninglord on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Fuck, I just spilled a full, tall glass of water all over my keyboard. So far it seems fine, but fuuuuuck.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.