As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shout outs to people who made PAX fun

KaneKane Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
So I thought I'd make this so people can name folks that really made the experience a joy for them personally.

For me, it was Hector, whom I was pitted against in the Spoils tournament Saturday morning. All my other opponents seemed like they were out for my BLOOD and made it not very much fun to play. I'm a newb at the game and I was just their for shits'n giggles. Hector and I had a competitive but FUN match together! Went down to the VERY last turn and he beat me with EXACTLY enough damage to win. Great guy and great game! Thanks for making what was an otherwise painful experience fun!

Kane on

• Options
    PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'd like to give a shout out to Jay from Boston. He posts on here and I jokingly said I'd look for him amongst the crowd of 30,000+ people, but never expected to actually meet him.

Then while sitting in line Friday we're playing DS together and find out that I'm sitting literally right behind him. Small world. Anyways, had fun waiting in line on Friday with you Jay.

Also shout to to Lizzie from picto-chat. I swear you were in every single picto-chat I was in.

Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
  • Options
    jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Phanman wrote: »
    Also shout to to Lizzie from picto-chat. I swear you were in every single picto-chat I was in.

Yes she was, and your pictures were always way too detailed for pictochat. Mine goes out to the people who met at Shorty's on Thursday night and through DS games immediately made me feel welcome despite being alone in a city of strangers <3

Also all the people I beat in Tetris. I couldn't have been the #1 HDTS runner-up without ya'

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • Options
    MagicallyStupidMagicallyStupid Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have to make a general shout out to the group of guys I sat with at the Family Fued event on Sunday, second row in the middle right part of the middle row.

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS!

MagicallyStupid on
    My sig can beat up your sig!
  • Options
    wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Shout out to Blaine, the awesome guy who played Mario Strikers Charged with me and two of my friends from 10pm to 2am Saturday nights.

Four guys playing against the CPU yelling, cheering, booing, making strategies, was AMAZING. We finally beat difficulty 3! I have not been so into a multiplayer game with Smash Bros. or when I played CS in league.

Oh, and sorry I kept hitting you in the knee with the Wiimote. :P

Also, the Privateer Press guy who demoed Hordes for me, and the guy with whom I played an AWESOME first game of WM/Hordes, Wave D Pre-PAX dinner people (You know who you are) That was the greatest way to start PAX - I hope to see ALL of you next year.

There are so many others, and enforcers, and just cool people whom I talked to, but those parts really MADE PAX for me this year.

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • Options
    MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    jenelle, you handle your jaeger dangerously well. hopefully we'll see you again next year!

btw - where the hell were you guys over the weekend? I never saw your group again.

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    jenelle wrote: »
    Phanman wrote: »

Yes she was, and your pictures were always way too detailed for pictochat.

I wasn't aware there was a detail limit :p Sorry for not joining you at Shorty's I was too drunk and tired to walk up there from my hotel. Wish I had entered the handheld tournament so I could have made my button donation to you.

I learned that I suck at pretty much all the DS multiplayer games, except Big Brain Academy.

Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Shout out to Graham and Matt from California! They made BYOC feel like home!

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey Wenchkilla. Right back atcha. I've already written it in other places, but that game of Strikers was absolutely the highlight of PAX for me. (Wil Wheaton was right!)

My knee is fine (and sorry I kept pausing the game with my stupid fingers). And sorry to everyone else in our Freeplay Room (309? 310?) if we disturbed you, but that game was freakin' awesome. (And I'm always loud. :P )

Also, in the interest of fair reporting, we only managed to win one round against the level three AI. We'll have to try and win a whole match next year. :)

Other people that made PAX awesome:

The organizers and enforcers. You absolutely own. Things ran smoothly. People were civil. You made PAX.

The wangaholics in Pictochat. The guy who drew the spartan warrior with the text "300" next to it and the guy who drew the giant wang on the warrior and the text "inches" next to it are my nominees for best comedy team in Pictochat.

Wil Wheaton. The keynote was great fun, and helped set a tone of shared community for the whole event. "One of us! One of us!"

Jay and Goetz from the forums. Random coincidences like that are a great part of conventions. And singing The Penny Arcade Theme in line was dork heaven.

Time Cruiser Mike and the other folks from the hostel. (I try not to use real names in case people don't want their names public (and it helps cover for my lousy memory).) Blathering with you folks (and I do tend to blather), was a great way to wrap up the PAX experience. Thanks.

There definitely are people I'm leaving out, (sorry you didn't win that video card, man, but your PaRappa impression rocks) but just know that even if you did nothing more than share a joke or obscure game reference, you made PAX fun for me.

Blain on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    All my radicals and CBX, and the corpers for being worthy opponents.
    McKay, you will be remembered as a brave warrior... just fighting for the wrong team.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh god, there are too many to list. I got to meet all my forum and IRC friends and it was awesome. They really made this weekend great for me. I <3 you guys.... you know who you are dammit ^.^

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    November6November6 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Im gonna give a shout out the the WCTT Folks who made the train trip a blast and to the Robot Chicken partyers for ending PAX on a hell of a high note.

November6 on
    fucos: Past tense of focus, you have already lost focus that you can't even spell focus. Can be combined with shit for impressing anonymous crowds; fucoshit. source: Wil Weaton
  • Options
    MrPulsarMrPulsar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Shout out definitely to Bressler, awesome and funny enforcer, he did a wonderful job keeping the tourneys together.

MrPulsar on
  • Options
    SimplicitySimplicity Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm gonna shout to my group, and Collin from Florida who ate subway with us Sunday and also everyone who was there :] I had such an amazing time this year =]

Simplicity on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hrm, first of all, to my friends who aren't on the forums. They make everything I do fun!

Thanks to werrick for the spot in line and the laffs.

Thanks to Recruit, Randomguy, Moe, Hot_Sake, and all those others with whom I got too drunk to remember their names on Friday.

Thanks to everyone who did bathe!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
This discussion has been closed.