As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Sixth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament Part 1 (Preliminary Thread!)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I just want confirmation one way or the other: I'm guessing you guys are good on volunteers at prime?

I volunteered at east, would love to volunteer again as a drinking volunteer.
    You might want to PM atlus directly for that. I haven't heard one way or the other.

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    well, if you guys are just looking for a number, then bring $500. Give to childsplay whatever you have left at the end of the night.

7B14287.png
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    Apologies to anyone who has PMed me about the TWDT in the past week. Apparently my notifications weren't working so I had no idea. I'm going through and responding to everyone today.

• SoulCruxSoulCrux Registered User regular
    peetsnack wrote: »
    well, if you guys are just looking for a number, then bring $500. Give to childsplay whatever you have left at the end of the night.

I don't think I would be bothering to ask for numbers if i had that much money to personally out-of-pocket spend on a charity in a single night.
    But nice zing :p

• RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    Apologies to anyone who has PMed me about the TWDT in the past week. Apparently my notifications weren't working so I had no idea. I'm going through and responding to everyone today.

Cool, thanks dude!

PW0oFIs.png
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    tumblr_mqeaivvSbt1ricmsco1_500.jpg

Can't wait to see y'all there!

<3, juju
    Hufflepuff Death Eaters Head of House

PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular

The Sixth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament Part 1

Triwizard Drinking Tournament Part 1

Part 1

hmmmmm

I've got it! The Eventbrite page will open on the day the series ended!! Which means we only have...*checks Google* negative 48 hours until we can sign up wait

Here's my guess: it's the close of the month of July, so next Wednesday.

PW0oFIs.png
  • RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    I think that it means it will coincide with Half Life 3 being announced.

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I think it means i will use chromes page monitor add on to tell me when the page changes.. o.O

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Squee! Just one more convention at the beginning of August for me, then ALL my attention will be destroying going against the other Houses.

Myself and fellow House-Elves will be there to assist y'all.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    I think it means i will use chromes page monitor add on to tell me when the page changes.. o.O
    So every time I make a small change you're going to get an alert?

• AtratyysAtratyys Registered User regular

Yes, but that's better than being unprepared and missing my chance to get into RC OotP.

CA CAW! 2013 Ravenclaw: Order of the Phoenix

AsyXe.jpgpCwR3.jpg
  • AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Atratyys wrote: »

Yes, but that's better than being unprepared and missing my chance to get into RC OotP.

I see a fun trolling opportunity for Atlus ;)

East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
    Aylaviere wrote: »
    I see a fun trolling opportunity for Atlus ;)

He just changed that hyphen to a colon IT'S ANOTHER CLUE

• LerlertHerbLerlertHerb MerdwerstRegistered User regular
    This is my first everything. It's my first post, PAX and TWDT. I have a friend attending with me. I wanted to know, will not being an HP fan will have a large impact on his experience?

• edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    You can treat it like a geeky bar crawl with interesting drinking challenges and be perfectly okay. But wearing something of your house colors really adds to it.

6YJGH2V.png
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    This is my first everything. It's my first post, PAX and TWDT. I have a friend attending with me. I wanted to know, will not being an HP fan will have a large impact on his experience?

I have only read half of the first book. I don't know shit about Harry Potter and I am the Head of House for the Slytherine Death Eaters. You'll have a ball. :D

You can even use the house colors of wherever you end up to do a completely unrelated costume because yay costumes! I do recommend having something house colour related on you just because it makes it easier to get you pointed in the right direction if we spot you lost or with the wrong group.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • eskalatorkideskalatorkid Registered User regular
    . . . . . i'm actually nervous . . . is that odd?

• DelacroixDelacroix Registered User regular
    This will be year four for me in what I can only describe as one of the most epic adventures of being a lush that one can embark on.

Gryffindor Death Eaters, I sing to thee.

• Bau5Bau5 PDXRegistered User regular

I'm guessing the 26th.

2015 PAX Prime: Badge(s) [ ] Transportation [ ] Hotel [ ] TWDT replacement [ ] Party Pants [ ]

TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2012
    TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2013
    TWDT Slytherin Death Eater - 2014
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular

I may get constantly woken up in the middle of the night with email alerts but I'm not going to be a hufflepuff damnit!
    sorry hufflepuffs

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • AtratyysAtratyys Registered User regular

I may get constantly woken up in the middle of the night with email alerts but I'm not going to be a hufflepuff damnit!
    sorry hufflepuffs

Shh! If you address the Hufflepuffs directly they might start thinking we like them!

CA CAW! 2013 Ravenclaw: Order of the Phoenix

AsyXe.jpgpCwR3.jpg
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hey, I like the hufflepuffs!

Not at all.

It definitely helps to enjoy the lore and such a bit, but, the entire night is focused around bringing geeks together in an event focused around socializing and alcohol.

They won't be quizzed on whether it's Leviosa or Levio-SA.

Different houses may have different attitudes, though. I've only been in Gryffindor. For the most part, it's about relaxing and having a good time whilst wearing wizard robes.

We should renew the HRAA. Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws go way back.

• Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    For those trying to budget, some drinking maths!

Last year, to complete your scorecard took somewhere between six and thirteen drinks, depending on what bonus challenges you were after, how many years you'd been at the crawl, etc. So, let's assume the average attendee will drink 8-13 drinks. (2-3 at the opening ceremonies, 3 during house challenges, 2-3 at the closing feast, plus potentially a couple bonuses).

I think I usually spent about $5-10 per drink. You can spend more if you want, and there might be a few very specific challenges that could be more expensive, but that's a good average to start with. I'm going to raise that $5 to a $7, and add a bit to account for taxes, tips, and the price variations at different bars.

That would mean that $60 is the least you could expect to spend if you intended to complete your scorecard, and that is probably kind of a low estimate. Bear in mind that you can choose not to do everything: I think you could have a great time on $35-40, if you were someone for whom a handful of drinks is plenty... less if you're the kind of person who likes to just have 2-3 drinks and then hang out.

Or, let's assume you are DRINKING TO WIN, and that you're not buying well drinks anywhere - mid-to-top shelf for you! 13 drinks at $12 each would be $156. I don't think I've personally EVER paid more than $11 for a drink at the crawl, with the possible exception of two final secret challenge drinks my first year.

So, how much money should you bring? $60-$160, depending on your tolerance and fanciness. I'm sure you could spend more, and there WILL be tempting charity stuff, so if you want to round it out to $200, just to be safe...

These estimates are based on foggy recollections of four years of drinking. Someone with more detailed knowledge of seattle drink prices might be able to give better information/current pricing updates.

Cultural Geek Girl on
    Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    That is some fine alcohol maths.

PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Clearing my schedule until I secure some spots

edited July 2013
    Hold on to your butts everyone, I just ordered the Slytherin Death Eaters a brand new megaphone with a line in jack and 10 seconds of recording memory.

MY GIRL WANTS TO PARTY ALL THE TIME
    PARTY ALL THE TIME
    PAAAAARTY ALLLLL THE TIIIIIME

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    I keep refreshing the eventbrite page, for I live in fear of missing registration and thus the crawl.

This is healthy, right?

<@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
    Wait, is this actually gonna run to 3 AM this year??

PW0oFIs.png
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Hold on to your butts everyone, I just ordered the Slytherin Death Eaters a brand new megaphone with a line in jack and 10 seconds of recording memory.

PARTY ALL THE TIME

That's so Gryffindor 2010 when I had SHOTS set to loop.

TOGSolid wrote: »

PARTY ALL THE TIME

That's so Gryffindor 2010 when I had SHOTS set to loop.

I remember that.

Honestly the reason I even ordered this thing is because @RedHalo's megaphone died last year. Having to do everything via sailor powered yelling meant I couldn't talk at all the next day. :(

wWuzwvJ.png
    For those trying to budget, some drinking maths!

Don't forget the 12-1 AM stop for pizza. It's a necessity.

Man, I'm taking a 7 AM EDT flight into Seattle Thursday morning, and then planning on doing this after going to the board game event.

Maybe I should take a nap in between...

PW0oFIs.png

Nap in the afternoon = Yes
    Food in the evening = Very Yes
    Water all the time = Yes Game+

• OptimusbryOptimusbry Event Designer Long Beach CARegistered User regular
    AltDelete wrote: »

Nap in the afternoon = Yes
    Food in the evening = Very Yes
    Water all the time = Yes Game+

Water in between each stop should really be an official rule. Makes all the difference

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
This discussion has been closed.