As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Animal Crossing] Please update for September

_J__J_ PedantRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
edited September 2013 in Games and Technology
MTkkwRV.png
(Thanks to previous OP daddies: @HallowedFaith and @Wassermelone)

New to Animal Crossing? This video ought to explain everything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqXkwfV4TGg

Alright. If that seems appealing, the next step is to buy the game, and then give us your damn friend code.

Penny-Arcade AC:NL Friend Codes

PA AC New Spreadsheet: September - Edit this one

PA AC Broken Spreadsheet - View old info

Old and probably out of date friend code list that we keep around for...some reason.
1) Submit your 3DS Friend Code here: (It is automatically added to the spreadsheet listed below.
http://bit.ly/pa-submit-friend-code

2) View the list of Friend Codes here:
Note: This list can only be seen through the direct link which can only be found in this thread and is omitted from search engines. Yay google.
http://bit.ly/pa-animalcrossing

Content Directory
Links are organized in the following three posts, in order to ease navigation. If you know of a useful website that is not listed, please @_J_ so he can add it to the appropriate section.

OP 2:
  • Getting Started
  • Helpful Sites
  • Gameplay Strategies

OP 3:
  • Turnips / Stalk Market
  • Your Home
  • Your Town
  • NPCs
  • Exclusive Items

OP 4:
  • QR Codes
  • Image Convertors
  • Image Sharing
  • Town Tunes
  • Tips / Tricks

September Guides

9642891879_52b22d1dce_o.png
9646129956_af69f0f6d7_o.png
9642893711_8c1f6be3cf_o.gif

Calendar
2nd: Labor Day. Picnic Basket from Isabelle
19th: Wheat bundle from Isabelle for the Autumn Moon
21st: Bug-Off

_J_ on

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2013
    Getting Started

Town Layout
    Your most important decision regarding your town is not the name, but rather the layout. Do not be afraid to continually restart 11+ times to get an ideal layout. Some factors to consider:
    - ReTail Location: Retail is your primary site for selling items, and your Turnip depot. The two ideal spots for ReTail are either by the train station, or by the dock. The Train station is beneficial since visitors have quick access for selling turnips. The dock is beneficial for selling island beetles. Try to decide which you shall do more often, and then try to generate a town with a ReTail in that location.
    - River shape: The main division in your town occurs via the river. Decide how you want your town organized, and then generate a river pattern that compliments this structure. Do you want an even north and south, a very small cutout, a long or short river?
    - Bridges: Consider where you will put bridges. Remember that you are limited to three.
    - Waterfall access: Some fish only spawn in the waterfall. Ensure that your town has a fishable waterfall location.
    - Beach access: Try to avoid generating inaccessible beaches. Either one long strip, or two strips with ramp access is preferable.
    - Neighbor Homes: If you want your neighbors consolidated, or spread out, keep this in mind.

tumblr_mm2p3zXZ9d1s55j4jo1_1280.png

Perfect Fruit: Each town starts with one hanging on a tree. Bank it in your train locker until you learn "safe" places to plant trees (where houses won't get dropped on them, or where they'll wither).

Face Style Chart
    Eye_guide_part_1.png

Helpful Sites
    AC:NL drinking game: Take a shot whenever two guides contradict one another!
    Nookipedia - Wiki with copious amounts of data.
    Thonky.com - Assorted guides to nigh-every feature of New Leaf.
    bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com - Assorted guides for nigh-every feature of New Leaf.
    Gamefaqs - Comprehensive Gamefaqs-quality guides
    New Leaf Official Site - Full of Marketing Hogwash
    Animal Crossing Community - A helpful community for trading and acquiring items
    MoriDB - Item Database. You can create customized lists of items you have, need, etc.

Gameplay Strategies

@_J_'s Upgrade Schedule
    Upgrade schedule, with requirement data.
    9180278848_3b505c986f_o.jpg
    Upgrade calendar, without requirement data.
    9178089735_2c35011ce0_o.jpg

Daily Chores
    akjak wrote: »
    Shake all the trees in your town. You will usually find ~1k in coins, 0-2 pieces of furniture, and there are five bees in the trees every day. They each sell for 2,500 bells, with the hives selling for 500 bells.

Hit all the rocks in town with your shovel. There is a money rock and a gem rock every day. Pro tip: Dig holes all around you before you hit the rock so that you don't slide backwards if it's a money rock

Buy everything in Nookington Junction/any upgraded version. The upgrades for the store is based on how much money you spend / items you buy from them. This includes the fortune cookie. Clean those raccoons out!

Dig up anything you see buried. You will always find four fossils everyday. Some days you will find 3 Gyroids(crazy wood guys) buried as well, or pitfalls seeds. All of these items are fairly rare(pitfalls are great for annoying neighbors or trolling your friends) and valuable!

Buy out the flower shop every day. Buying 50 saplings will get you a Gold Axe. Buy 50 flowers and you get a silver watering can.

Check Tom Nook's House store. There may be a unique house upgrade for the path/fence/roof/housestyle that wasn't there the day before

BUY OUT the Abel Sisters store for new clothing/accessories. You never know when your perfect Jack the ripper look can be completed.

Check your beaches for unique items/rare shells. Mysterious items and/or persons can wash up on your shores!

Check Retail for turnip prices, new furniture, and special prices. If an item is on the chalkboard out front Reese will pay double for it!

Go to the island. The medal store gets updated daily, as well as new selection of tours every day

Donate new fossils/fish/bugs/sea-creatures to Blathers.

Talk to all of your villagers! Often you can get hard to find furniture pieces from interactions with villagers. Try and carry furniture/fish/bugs with you as they will often want to trade or buy what you have

Go swimming in the ocean and find that scallop! Pascal is an otter who will ask for the scallop you find. He gives you an item from the sea collection which is hard to find!

Try and build a new public works project every day. It may be hard to find the funds, but the bigger and better projects are unlocked later on. However, some public works will decrease your town's overall rating and so make it harder for you to achieve perfect town status.

Go into your villagers' house when they're home and look in their closet. Sometimes they will give you a random item.

Talk to Sable! After a while you'll get her to be friends with you and she'll let you use the QR machine so you can share patterns.*

Water all your flowers. This may sounds tedious but it builds villager satisfaction, and it regrows the grass beneath them though, as well as making them more likely to hybridize the next day.

Talk to Brewster everyday (The Roost Cafe) If you go and get coffee their everyday for a while, he'll eventually offer you a part time job that pays pretty hefty if you do it right! Plus he gives you a coffee beans that can be put up for 9-10k bells in the flea market and other animals will buy it!

Update your Dream Suite town. You get 5000 bells every time, and it takes about 30 seconds.

Money Rocks
    @Jam Warrior provided image for hole placement.
    post-3382-0-89296800-1371228290.jpg
    "Use those holes to hold you on the diagonal while you wail away on the button and that last bag will be your only variable."

I need more storage!
    There are two main strategies to avoid storage problems.

Solution #1: Throw your shit out. If you keep items that cannot be ordered from the catalog, and toss out anything you can order, you will find that some storage space frees up.

Solution #2: Add more characters to your town. With one character, you have access to only 866 storage spots. By adding 3 more characters, you gain access to 2,888 inventory slots. Ensure that you are using all possible storage, and then add characters as needed.

866 Not-Clothing-Specific Storage, 1 Home:
    - 16 Personal Inventory
    - 10 Personal Letter Inventory
    - 180 Locker
    - 288 Home (48 per room) 4x Homes = 1152
    - 180 Letters
    - 192 Museum (48 per room)

2888 Not-Clothing-Specific Storage, 4 Homes:
    - 64 Personal Inventory
    - 40 Personal Letter Inventory
    - 720 Locker
    - 1152 Home (48 per room)
    - 720 Letters
    - 192 Museum (48 per room)

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Turnips / Stalk Market

Your Home
    Moridb.com - Item Database. Search by category, item theme, and fashion theme.
    Feng Shui
    Yellow on West
    ...decrease the price of items sold by villagers
    ...increase the probability of success of Bell Trees
    ...decrease the cost of art appearing in Redd's tent

Green on South
    ...increase the probability of Spotlight items appearing at Timmy&Tommy's
    ...increase the probability of genuine art appearing in Redd's tent
    ...increase the probability of receiving genuine art from villagers
    ...increase the probability of receiving exclusive items from Saharah
    ...decrease the probability of embarrassing sounds when sitting

Easiest means of acquiring green: Place Potted Ivy on south wall.

Red on East
    ...increase the probability of receiving Mario Theme and Nintendo Set items from Fortune Cookies
    ...increase the probability of receiving genuine art from villagers
    ...increase the probability of receiving exclusive items from Saharah
    ...decrease the probability of embarrassing sounds when sitting
    Source

Optimal Feng Shui Configuration
    To maximize Feng Shui:
    a) Place Potted Ivy and/or Shamrock Clocks on the south walls.
    b) Place Lily-Pad Tables along the south walls.
    c) Place Festive Wreaths, Alpinist Hats, Bulb Boppers, Frog Caps, Green Caps, Green Headgears, Green Knit Hats, Green New Year's Hats, Green-Pumpkin Heads, Headkerchiefs, Hero's Caps, Kappa Caps, Li'l Bro's Hats, Mailman's Hats, Makar's Masks, Melon Hats, Retro Helmets, Shamrock Hats, Tingle Hoods, Watermelon Hats, Wizard's Caps, Cucumber Packs, Eye Masks, Green Glasses, Leafs, and/or Green Feathers on the Lily-Pad Tables.
    d) Place Hibiscus Clocks and/or Holiday Stockings on the east walls.
    e) Place Flower Tables along the east walls.
    f) Place Balloon-Dog Lamps, Cassette Players, Crab Clocks, Dharmas, Dollys, Executive Toys, Giant Dharmas, Holiday Candles, Mini Dharmas, Miniature Cars, Simple Kettles, Sketchbooks, Bandanas, Bicycle Helmets, Big Bro's Hats, Celebration Hats, Hibiscus Hairpins, Racing Helmets, Red Caps, Red Headgears, Red Hoods, Red New Year's Hats, Red Ogre Masks, Red Ribbons, Red Team Hats, Red-Pumpkin Heads, Wrestling Masks, Ladder Shades, Red Glasses, Red Noses, Red Feathers, Red Tulips, Red Pansies, Red Cosmos, Red Roses, Red Carnations, and/or Red Lilies on the Flower Tables.
    g) Place Golden Wall Torches on the west walls.
    h) Place Lemon Tables along the west walls.
    i) Place Buckets, Coins, Genie's Lamps, Kettles, Lucky Gold Cats, Odd Clocks, Super Stars, Triforces, Crowns, Diving Masks, Football Helmets, Roman Helmets, Safety Helmets, School Hats, Star Boppers, Star Hairpins, Swimming Caps, Tulip Hats, Wario Hats, Y. New Year's Hats, Yellow Caps, Yellow Ribbons, Yellow-Pumpkin Heads, Beaks, Lemon Packs, Yellow Glasses, Yellow Feathers, Yellow Tulips, Yellow Pansies, Yellow Cosmos, Yellow Roses, Gold Roses, Yellow Lilies, Yellow Violets, and/or Dandelions on the Lemon Tables.
    Source
    HHA
    Home Remodeling
    HHA Interior Prizes
    HHA Tee - 10,000
    HHA Pennant - 20,000
    HHA Jacket - 30,000
    Silver HHA Plaque - 50,000
    Gold HHA Plaque - 70,000
    Silver HHA Trophy - 90,000
    Gold HHA Trophy - 100,000
    Gold House Model - 150,000

HHA Exterior Prizes
    Golden Roof - 300,000
    Golden Wall - 500,000
    Golden Door - 700,000
    Golden Fence - 900,000
    Golden Mailpost - 1,100,000

Bidoof Prize Guide

Note: The Interior and Exterior theme challenges are two different systems, each with their own set of rewards. If a player switches to Exterior before acquiring all of the Interior prizes, they will have to switch back to Interior to unlock the rest of those Interior prizes.

HHA Item Values - thonky guide
    HHA Guide - Gamefaqs guide.  Ctrl+F to the "Happy Home Academy" section

Themes
    Exterior Theme Pieces - Incomplete list, with pictures
    Exterior Pieces[/url - thonky list. Seems to be complete, but without pictures.
    Exterior items - Ctrol+F to "13) HOUSE EXTERIOR REFORMS"

Sample Exterior Theme Home
    Trendy / stylish theme score.
    NVDWGmv.jpg

Exterior - All but pavement is Trendy
    KvHch5w.jpg

Main - Minimalist carpet, walls, and two lamps. 3 Brewster Gyroids also count for trendy. I decided main room could not be jammed full of items, since I need access to the doors, so I moved everything to other rooms last night.
    KboaYeE.jpg

East - Modern carpet and some mannequins, but empty other than that. Items were moved to other rooms.
    Fz16Unh.jpg

North - Full Astro and partial Modern
    eJKaM2W.jpg

West - Partial Striped (missing lamp) with some Minimalist and Modern
    Fu98OWE.jpg

Top - Full sleek and full minimalist (excluding wall / floor)
    cLLAJYE.jpg

Your Town
    Hybrid Flowers - Thonky Guide
    Flowers / Bushes - List of all flowers and bushes available in game.
    Tree / Bush won't grow in a spot? - Speculation on infertile zones, and how to avoid.
    Public Works - All projects, with pictures
    Perfect Town Guide - explains Cleanliness, Abundant Nature, and Abundant Living rating categories

NPCs
    Brewster Coffee Preferences - a list of every neighbor's coffee preference, for use when working for Brewster. Credit to @SilverWind
    Crazy Redd - Pictures of Real / Fake items.
    Cyrus - Custom Furniture Images, by our very own @tiloah
    Gracie - Fashion Checks
    To pass Gracie Fashion Checks, you need to wear at least 4 items from the specified theme. It may be helpful to collect all the items, and record them in a .txt file for easy reference. Here is a list to copy/paste.

Sporty
    Hat/Acc:
    Top:
    Bottom:
    Shoes:

Cute
    Hat/Acc:
    Top:
    Bottom:
    Shoes:

Iconic
    Hat/Acc:
    Top:
    Bottom:
    Shoes:

Rock 'n' Roll
    Hat/Acc:
    Top:
    Bottom:
    Shoes:

Official
    Hat/Acc:
    Top:
    Bottom:
    Shoes:

Ornate
    Hat/Acc:
    Top:
    Bottom:
    Shoes:

Flashy
    Hat/Acc:
    Top:
    Bottom:
    Shoes:

Modern
    Hat/Acc:
    Top:
    Bottom:
    Shoes:

Historical
    Hat/Acc:
    Top:
    Bottom:
    Shoes:

Basic
    Hat/Acc:
    Top:
    Bottom:
    Shoes:

Blathers Museum Shop Items

Tripping / Katrina / Lucky Items
    If you find yourself tripping often, this is due to bad luck. Below are guides to Katarina the fortune teller, and lucky items.
    Katarina - Thonky Guide
    Katarina - Bidoofcrossing Guide
    Lucky Items - AC Wikia Guide to Lucky Items

After 20 fortunes are told in your town you will get the Katarina Public Works Project. The Prima Guide says 20 to anyone (including visitors). Some online guides say that only your own fortune being told counts.
    Shampoodle - Hairstyles

Exclusive Items

DLC

tumblr_mr6vlehprc1seywo6o1_500.jpg
    na-junejuly-dlc.png

Bank Account Items
    Earn the following items by collecting the required number of bells in your savings account.

100,000 bells: Box of Tissues no theme
    500,000 bells: Letter Set no theme
    1,000,000 bells: Piggy Bank Harmonious
    5,000,000 bells: Aluminum Briefcase Sci-Fi, Trendy
    10,000,000 bells: Post-Office Poster no theme
    20,000,000 bells: Safe Sci-Fi
    50,000,000 bells: Mailman's Hat no theme, "Official" Look
    100,000,000 bells: ABD no theme

Best Buy Items
    How to obtain items without going to Best Buy

Step 1: Change the SSID on your wireless network to "Bestbuy".
    Step 2: Rename your wireless network name within your 3DS wireless settings.
    Step 3: Load Animal Crossing.
    Step 4: Go to the post office.
    Step 5: Talk to Pelly / Phyllis.
    Step 6: Click the 'Ask about a present' option.

Neighbor Pictures
    Your neighbors may give you their picture if you are their bestest-buddy. Since the guides do not offer much information regarding picture acquisition, herein is some information from PAers who received pictures.
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I just got my first villager's photo. He gave it after a daily "please give me furniture for my house" task. I've had the game since release date, and talk to him a few times daily. I generally do tasks when a villager asks, but I don't make it a point to help everyone every day or anything like that. Oddly enough, I've stood this villager up at least twice on the "could you/I come over to my/your house at [some time later]" tasks (who the heck remembers those things :P ).
    No problem! I send one letter out per day to each villager, and I've been doing so since... maybe a week since release. The letters consist of about four words and is usually completely nonsensical. I attach a random item (usually extra furniture other villagers have asked me to buy) with the gift. I don't reference the attached item name in the letter.
    Eunice sent me her pic the day after she moved out, even though I already had it from April Fool's.
    Celia just gave me her pic after thanking me for taking care of her for three days while she was sick.
    Meglish wrote: »
    At first I wrote him letters every day. Nice ones with complete sentences. Then I read the thread here that said they used random words in their letters, o I started sending him a letter only every couple of days that said "hi best friend picture." Who knows if that did anything but that's what my letters said. I also talk to him a couple times a day. I'm a jerk and have stood him up before and also forgot to do a few of his tasks. He told me a couple days ago he wanted to move. The Youtube video I posted about how to get rid of a neighbor says that usually happens before your best neighbor friends give you a pic and that was the case here. He tried to move twice in one week. Who would let the adorable dancing frog move away? pft ;)

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    QR Codes
    QR Code Downloads
    QRCrossing.com - Collection of various QR Codes
    Pathmagic.tumblr.com - QR Codes for path tiles.
    matome.javer.jp - Japanese site of QR Codes
    Game Consoles
    Pokémon Portraits
    Assorted Nintendo Clothing

QR Code Owner modifier
    Here's a guide from @Zetx on how to change the ownership of an existing item:
    1. Export out your own design via Sable/QR Machine
    2. Download AnimalCrossingQR / Version .2 zip
    3. Load up the image:
    a5ywTCU.png
    4. Set author information as default
    5. Load desired image
    6. Hit 'Load Default'
    7. Hit 'Create QR Code'

Ex. Original image created by @Yunniecorn:
    92PclD1.jpg

New QR code with myself as the owner:
    QPkw8nX.jpg

A pie-brella!
    I3WXHZk.jpg

Image Convertors
    nicofinder app Version 2 - Japanese web app. Upload an image, and the app converts it into an AC bitmap.
    nicofinder app Version 1 - Same as the above, but works slightly less well.
    Pattdesign - Another image convertor. Doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

Image Sharing
    Nintendo 3DS share - Official method for sharing pictures on Tumblr or Twitter.
    Zetx' upload to imgur tool - Visit this url from your 3DS browser to upload screenshots.
    QR Code that will take your 3DS browser directly to the url:
    chart?cht=qr&chs=350x350&chl=http%3A%2F%2Fdm0.us%2F3ds

Town Tunes
    Town Theme FAQ - gamefaqs
    QRCrossing Melody List - Themes already created and available.
    QRCrossing Melody Creator - Create your own melodies!

Tips / Tricks

The Save and Quit method for Public Works acquisition
    Here's how I do it:
    Load my character, make a round trip in town for a villager to spot me [Usually 1-2 rounds] and make sure I have no money or items on my bag.
    If a villager spots me for some random stuff I'll go save and quit and make a round again 'til they make a project request. [ You need to bury or sell the item if you're given that or it'll add on to their request
    Can definitely confirm that this works. Every time you save and quit a new batch of villagers are deemed "Active" (out in the main village). They're all found relatively close to their houses, and one of the five available will almost definitely BING for you, if not immediately, then after a few passes of the town. Seems like a bing is more likely the more villagers you have out that weren't out BEFORE the last save and quit. I've gotten 10 bings in 15 minutes doing this.

Camper Reset Trick
    1) Make a new character.
    2) Run over to campground.
    3) If the tent isn't there or it's an undesirable villager that's inside the tent, reset without saving; if it's a good character inside the tent, get them to come to the village, then save.
    4) Delete the new character after saving.
    5) Tomorrow, or whenever campers move in, create a new villager to see whether or not that camper has moved into a desirable house location. If not, reset without saving; if so, save.
    6) Delete the new character after saving.

How to select where your new villagers will place there homes.
    If you know a villager is about to move in, set your time to 5:58am on the day they are putting in their plot (fence) with a existing character (such as your Mayor). Save and quit instantly and get back to the selection screen.
    Wait a couple minutes then click "New Save File". Do not load the game with a existing character, otherwise the plot will be saved in place and you won't be able to move it.
    Run around in town with your new character and look for their plot, if you don't like where it is, close the game without saving and create another new character. Their plot will move to a new random location. You can repeat this as much as you want until you find the place you want for them. Create your house with your new character and save once you found a place where you want the villager. Remember that you can always demolish your new characters house.
    You can also block locations with public works projects obviously, use the fountain as a block because the fountain is the same size as a villagers house. It will give a good idea of where they can squeeze their houses into. You are limited to 30 projects so keep that in mind too. Fountains can be demolished later. If you do not have money to demolish projects, try placing a new character house on top of the project to demolish it.
    This works best with moving in campers because they will always move in two days later.
    If a villager moves out and you are down to 8 villagers, one villager will set up a plot two days later.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    To go from being banned to making the new thread in just a matter of weeks..it truly is the comeback of a lifetime.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    To go from being banned to making the new thread in just a matter of weeks..it truly is the comeback of a lifetime.

Yeah. That's the other reason why I wanted it.

There is a very real possibility that I will be banned from my own thread.

• Options
    Are you saying that he stops showing up once you get everything, or that there's no point in returning for scallops each new day once you have the whole set?

There's no point in returning once you have the whole set, and have duplicates of the items for which you desire duplicates.

• Options
    If anyone wants something added to the OP, or wants a category of faqs / links added to one of those posts, just @ me and it shall be added.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I'm going to try to accelerate construction of my Zelda room to enter the European Twitter contest nonsense with this week's theme of 'Nintendo Room'.

As such, things I would desperately like to crowd source:

-Some kind of flaming torch (because everyone knows you can't have a Zelda room without three torches to light)

-Treasure chest (dah, dah, dah, daaaaaah)

-Moon (72 hours remain)

-Broken pillar (for that ruined temple look)

-Ideas!

Aside from the obvious Zelda items I've also already got a boomerang, a bunch of pots, some ores (rupees) and grass cut outs.

I have the Broken Pillar (as well as a complete pillar) and a Flaming (tiki) torch.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    New thread!

Just want to say thanks to the fossil fairy who buried two fossils I didn't have outside my house last night.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    For those who are immediately going to ask about the current thread title, here's the source.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/27349568/#Comment_27349568

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Eventually, it doesn't have to go in the OP or sub-Ps, but I plan on eventually having a listing of all non-common items.
    Currently, I still have way too many common items. It's chipped away a little bit from where it started this morning, but more people are welcome to join as long as you follow the rules of drop-offs for swapping.
    Other than that, I have (by section):
    Special Event items | Balloon Set (may be phased into previous category) | Nintendo Items | Tools | Fossils

I hope to expand the selection to Gyroids once I start getting more duplicates, but as it is, I don't have as much as I'd feel comfortable to start displaying for free taking.
    Axes are available upon request and ample compensation.
    Pitfalls are always welcome to enhance my border system.
    Should other suggestions prove valuable, I may implement them as well.

Omnar closes temporarily for in-house trading of goods every once in a while, so please be patient as it should only take about 30 minutes to an hour to complete the transfers.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Daily chores (spoiler'd in OP?)

Shake all the trees in your town. You will usually find ~1k in coins, 0-2 pieces of furniture, and there are five bees in the trees every day. They each sell for 2,500 bells, with the hives selling for 500 bells.

Hit all the rocks in town with your shovel. There is a money rock and a gem rock every day. Pro tip: Dig holes all around you before you hit the rock so that you don't slide backwards if it's a money rock

Buy everything in Nookington Junction/any upgraded version. The upgrades for the store is based on how much money you spend / items you buy from them. This includes the fortune cookie. Clean those raccoons out!

Dig up anything you see buried. You will always find four fossils everyday. Some days you will find 3 Gyroids(crazy wood guys) buried as well, or pitfalls seeds. All of these items are fairly rare(pitfalls are great for annoying neighbors or trolling your friends) and valuable!

Buy out the flower shop every day. Buying 50 saplings will get you a Gold Axe. Buy 50 flowers and you get a silver watering can.

Check Tom Nooks House store. There may be a unique house upgrade for the path/fence/roof/housestyle that wasn't there the day before

BUY OUT the Abel Sisters store for new clothing/accessories. You never know when your perfect Jack the ripper look can be completed.

Check your beaches for unique items/rare shells. Mysterious items and/or persons can wash up on your shores!

Check Retail for turnip prices, new furniture, and special prices. If an item is on the chalkboard out front Reese will pay double for it!

Go to the island. The medal store gets updated daily, as well as new selection of tours every day

Donate new fossils/fish/bugs/sea-creatures to Blathers.

Talk to all of your villagers! Often you can get hard to find furniture pieces from interactions with villagers. Try and carry furniture/fish/bugs with you as they will often want to trade or buy what you have

Go swimming in the ocean and find that scallop! Pascal is an otter who will ask for the scallop you find. He gives you an item from the sea collection which is hard to find!

Try and build a new public works project every day. It may be hard to find the funds, but the bigger and better projects are unlocked later on.

Go into your villagers' house when they're home and look in their closet. Sometimes they will give you a random item.

Talk to Sable! After a while you'll get her to be friends with you and she'll let you use the QR machine so you can share patterns.*

Water all your flowers. This may sounds tedious but it builds villager satisfaction, and it regrows the grass beneath them though, as well as making them more likely to hybridize the next day.

Talk to Brewster everyday (The Roost Cafe) If you go and get coffee their everyday for a while, he'll eventually offer you a part time job that pays pretty hefty if you do it right! Plus he gives you a coffee beans that can be put up for 9-10k bells in the flea market and other animals will buy it!

Update your Dream Suite town. You get 5000 bells every time, and it takes about 30 seconds.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Also, I'm 9/13 of the Spooky set. Friend is going to see if she can order the last 4 pieces tonight.

akjak on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    I'm going to try to accelerate construction of my Zelda room to enter the European Twitter contest nonsense with this week's theme of 'Nintendo Room'.

As such, things I would desperately like to crowd source:

-Some kind of flaming torch (because everyone knows you can't have a Zelda room without three torches to light)

-Treasure chest (dah, dah, dah, daaaaaah)

-Moon (72 hours remain)

-Broken pillar (for that ruined temple look)

-Ideas!

Aside from the obvious Zelda items I've also already got a boomerang, a bunch of pots, some ores (rupees) and grass cut outs.

I have the Broken Pillar (as well as a complete pillar) and a Flaming (tiki) torch.

Awesome. Would much appreciate you ordering them for me. Internet issues currently but hopefully will leave myself open tomorrow to collect all this stuff people are getting for me!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Do we know where accurate flower hybrid info can be had? Thonky and Bidoof are quite contradictory.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    I hope most of the FAQ stuff is gonna be spoilered...
    Especially the infamous "J Guide"

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    @_J_ Could you add the coffee guide to the OP? :)http://goo.gl/XZaezh

Also--does anyone have good turnip prices today? Mine is at 166, which is higher than the 134 of yesterday afternoon. I'm never able to check the morning prices, so I don't know what it's doing in between...

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    @Jam Warrior I'm going back and forth between Thonky, Bidoof and this FAQ for flower hybrids: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/65246 -- was there a particular hybrid you were wondering about?

I can confirm that there are horrible multi-stage hybrid breedings (e.g. for a blue rose you'd need to breed red x yellow for orange, and white x white for purple, THEN orange x purple for special red, THEN special red x special red for blue).

signature.png
  • Options
    @_J_ Could you add the coffee guide to the OP? :)http://goo.gl/XZaezh

Also--does anyone have good turnip prices today? Mine is at 166, which is higher than the 134 of yesterday afternoon. I'm never able to check the morning prices, so I don't know what it's doing in between...

Yup. All spoilery spoils.

• Options
    Does anyone know why http://www.qrcrossing.com/ no longer exists?

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »

Weird. Maybe the hosting costs were too much for all those images? *shrug*

Don't forget http://pathmagic.tumblr.com/

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    I've decided Thonky seems most legit re: hybrids.

Though apparently every flower remembers its parents now and can breed as they do.

Methinks they went a bit overboard with the hidden complexity this edition!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

Though apparently every flower remembers its parents now and can breed as they do.

I'm having a bitch and a half time trying to get one of every flower. :|

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I want the box sofa and the box corner sofa. Corner sofa is buyable, just not from the HH house that just showed up because it's customized. The sofa on the other hand says, on every list I can find, that it's non orderable and the source is "Re-tail". So does that mean I have to hope it gets sold in my Re-tail at some point because none of my townies have one and none of those bastards are ever moving out.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Given that I just ordered you a box sofa from my catalogue, I'd say the main issue is that many of the guides are copying each other's inaccurate information.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Given that I just ordered you a box sofa from my catalogue, I'd say the main issue is that many of the guides are copying each other's inaccurate information.

You are awesome. The guide thing may be an issue because it was listed as unorderable in 3 places :/

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Elin wrote: »
    I want the box sofa and the box corner sofa. Corner sofa is buyable, just not from the HH house that just showed up because it's customized. The sofa on the other hand says, on every list I can find, that it's non orderable and the source is "Re-tail". So does that mean I have to hope it gets sold in my Re-tail at some point because none of my townies have one and none of those bastards are ever moving out.

Official Guide says it is obtainable from Timmy & Tommy, and that it can be ordered from catalog.

• Options
    Elin wrote: »

Official Guide says it is obtainable from Timmy & Tommy, and that it can be ordered from catalog.

I am going to make the most awesome sectional sofa.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options

I thought that was weird too. They had an indiegogo campaign (that is supposed to end today or tomorrow) for doing a bunch of site upgrades and features. Oddly, indiegogo is down too so I can't check on the status of that.

I'm hoping it's just down as part of the upgrades they want to do. Wasn't @HallowedFaith the guy behind the site in the first place? Where's he gone to?

• Options

I'm having a bitch and a half time trying to get one of every flower. :|

I'm currently missing: blue roses; purple pansies; black lilies; black cosmos. The last one shouldn't be complicated at all--I've got seven orange cosmos just sitting there-- but RNG just hates me for some reason. :(

Purple pansies are going to give me the most grief, I just know it.

signature.png
  • Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    I'm also looking for anyone anticipating a big spike in turnip prices. I'm on the second ear of the Batman at 140 so my prices are gonna tumble. I'll sell today before retail closes but will hold on to them if someone is going to have a spike above 140.

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I have some black cosmos that keep populating if you want one.
    I have a single black lily that just grew today. I'll keep watering it in the hopes of another sprouting.
    As for the rest, if I see any in the following days, I'll let you know and try to maximize offspring potential for myself and for you. :)

Edit: Sorry about the extended downtime of Omnar2. Got a call about a potential job opportunity.
    Good news all-around today!

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    Mcmarty2727Mcmarty2727 Mr. MichiganRegistered User regular
    Yeah if anyone gets good turnip prices (Above 200) let me know.

Also known as "Oltum" -- 3DS: 0533-4943-8075
  • Options
    ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Oh my nips are at164, but I wasn't concerned about selling yet. Only Tuesday. Did you want me to open up ptriz?

ShubNiggurath on
    High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
  • Options
    Mcmarty2727Mcmarty2727 Mr. MichiganRegistered User regular
    Oh my nips are at164, but I wasn't concerned about selling yet. Only Tuesday. Did you want me to open up ptriz?

No that is fine. I need to sleep. I thought today was Friday...not sure why.

Also known as "Oltum" -- 3DS: 0533-4943-8075
  • Options
    I have a single black lily that just grew today. I'll keep watering it in the hopes of another sprouting.
    As for the rest, if I see any in the following days, I'll let you know and try to maximize offspring potential for myself and for you. :)

Edit: Sorry about the extended downtime of Omnar2. Got a call about a potential job opportunity.

Oh man, thank you. I'd love a black cosmos if you can spare one. Do you need any flowers? Fossils? Furniture?

signature.png
  • Options
    TheAmyHeadTheAmyHead Registered User regular
    ReTail is buying Turnips for 204 bells in my town today. Come on by if you need to sell.

• Options

Oh man, thank you. I'd love a black cosmos if you can spare one. Do you need any flowers? Fossils? Furniture?

Nope. Just happy to help out.
    I may ask for stuff in the future, but right now I'm just truckin' along trying to do things on my own. :)
    Maybe I'll try to start putting sets together for the HHA and all those trophies...

• Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    Speaking of which, anyone up for some more furniture cataloging fun?

I'm looking for:

Regal Series:
    regal dresser

Exotic Series:
    exotic bureau (not to be confused with alpine wardrobe)
    exotic chest

Alpine Series:
    alpine table (not to be confused with alpine low table)
    alpine wall

Ranch Series:
    ranch chair (not to be confused with reach armchair)
    ranch wall
    ranch bookcase

What I can offer:

complete minimalist series
    complete modern wood series
    anything from regal, exotic, alpine, or ranch series other than what's listed above

And of course, if you don't have anything I want, I'm still perfectly happy to let you touch my stuff for your catalog.

• Options

Nope. Just happy to help out.
    I may ask for stuff in the future, but right now I'm just truckin' along trying to do things on my own. :)
    Maybe I'll try to start putting sets together for the HHA and all those trophies...

Alrighty. Though if you do go Trendy theme, let me know and I can hand over a bunch of things to you.
    I added both of your friend codes, and finally sucked it up and put myself on the July list. 0473-7774-3652.

signature.png