As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Animal Crossing] Please update for September

• Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Oh my nips are at164, but I wasn't concerned about selling yet. Only Tuesday. Did you want me to open up ptriz?

Nah I think I'll hold em as it is still early. Just wondering if anyone got the big spike pattern creeping around the corner.

Thanks though

ptriz21_teamkill on
    3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Speaking of which, anyone up for some more furniture cataloging fun?

I'm looking for:

Regal Series:
    regal dresser

Exotic Series:
    exotic bureau (not to be confused with alpine wardrobe)
    exotic chest

Alpine Series:
    alpine table (not to be confused with alpine low table)
    alpine wall

Ranch Series:
    ranch chair (not to be confused with reach armchair)
    ranch wall
    ranch bookcase

What I can offer:

complete minimalist series
    complete modern wood series
    anything from regal, exotic, alpine, or ranch series other than what's listed above

And of course, if you don't have anything I want, I'm still perfectly happy to let you touch my stuff for your catalog.

I wouldn't mind putting my grubby hands all over your nice furniture :D

My shit is so random right now. So I don't have any of what you're looking for.

ptriz21_teamkill on
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Speaking of which, anyone up for some more furniture cataloging fun?

I'm looking for:

Regal Series:
    regal dresser

Exotic Series:
    exotic bureau (not to be confused with alpine wardrobe)
    exotic chest

Alpine Series:
    alpine table (not to be confused with alpine low table)
    alpine wall

Ranch Series:
    ranch chair (not to be confused with reach armchair)
    ranch wall
    ranch bookcase

What I can offer:

complete minimalist series
    complete modern wood series
    anything from regal, exotic, alpine, or ranch series other than what's listed above

And of course, if you don't have anything I want, I'm still perfectly happy to let you touch my stuff for your catalog.

@ThePantsAssociation, I have the Exotic Chest and Ranch Wall for you in my inventory (and the regal armoire, but it appears you already got that).

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    @Hargaad of Omnar excellent! I'll head over to your town.
    @ptriz21_teamkill happy to help. Is there any in particular you're looking for?

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Are the Ranch pieces the log cabin looking ones?

If so most of them are my HHA somewhere, I believe.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Added everybody up to Silver Winds...
    Meaning, there's just one spot left to add one last person that signs up on the spreadsheet.
    Still quite a few people who signed up on the spreadsheet that I know I've used and @ for, but haven't reciprocated the add.
    Running the Ex-Swap-Aganza is a very large undertaking, and there will be many people wanting to visit for the large selection.
    The easiest way to ensure the rules are being followed is to thin out the list of people who cannot follow directions, and eliminate the codes of people who haven't added me.

• Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    No, ranch and log cabin are separate series.

• Options
    edited July 2013

Anything you got really.
    But instead of making you dump everything on the floor, I'd like the minimalist and modern sets specifically

ptriz21_teamkill on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The easiest way to ensure the rules are being followed is to thin out the list of people who cannot follow directions, and eliminate the codes of people who haven't added me.

Yeah. If you could keep track of who you add / delete that would be useful information for the spreadsheet.

If your internet is working such that your town can be the PA trade hub, it would be useful to know who meets your standards of non-dickishness.

Also, trying to decide on the best way to update the spreadsheet in August. Adding an August column for people to check would be easiest...but since it's easy folks who don't *really* play may hop on, put an X in the box, and then go back to playing Call of Duty or w/e. If we make it a more involved process of folks having to add data, that might weed out the people who don't *really* play anymore.

Or maybe that isn't a big deal. I don't know.

Just want a way to know that the 90 people I added are the 90 most active.

• Options

Anything you got really.
    But instead of making you dump everything on the floor, I'd like the minimalist and modern sets specifically

Okay, I'll open my gates. Town name: Tokpela

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »

Yeah. If you could keep track of who you add / delete that would be useful information for the spreadsheet.

If your internet is working such that your town can be the PA trade hub, it would be useful to know who meets your standards of non-dickishness.

Also, trying to decide on the best way to update the spreadsheet in August. Adding an August column for people to check would be easiest...but since it's easy folks who don't *really* play may hop on, put an X in the box, and then go back to playing Call of Duty or w/e. If we make it a more involved process of folks having to add data, that might weed out the people who don't *really* play anymore.

Or maybe that isn't a big deal. I don't know.

Just want a way to know that the 90 people I added are the 90 most active.

I guess I'm looking for a nod of acceptable cutoff...
    It's not too much to ask that people put the stuff they're leaving in my care in one spot for me to sort by my means, and thus am able to catalog it, right?
    I'm fairly certain I worded it in a well-enough manner for people to know what to do.
    Even then, I put a picture on the ground pointing people to read the board in my town, which clearly states that all items they are leaving should be put by the "!rock!" (rock with pitfalls on both sides of it).
    Yay/nay?

I won't catch everybody that doesn't play by my rules (which I think are fairly simple and rather reasonable, especially considering the catalog completion badges), but the ones that I do...do I give them 'strikes' or do I simply remove them as a "you've been warned" act?

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    For furniture touching requests:

Robo Series

Robo Closet
    Robo Floor

Fruit Shaped Furniture. I do have some, but it would be tedious to list everything I'm lacking.

I don't have many sets to offer in trade but I do have some interesting appliances and things to touch.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    Things not displayed but up for trade or simply for you to take:
    Ores...all except silver are in abundance and are taking up more space than they should!
    Gyroids...just finished updating the spreadsheet. If I "have" it, it's not for trade. If listed as any amount of extra, I'm willing to bring it over to Omnar2 for you to take!
    Axes...because we all want to be as badass as Amanda Plummer. Sadly, you won't. But the axes feel as badass as the ones used in the movie!

• Options
    @ThePantsAssociation sorry...just searched my catalog, and I guess I passed by a ranch dresser somewhere.
    So, I ordered it. Pfft, mere pennies to a multi-millionaire!
    When it arrives, I'll let you know. I'll hold it in my inventory on my Omnar2 acct.

• Options
    @Hargaad of Omnar thanks, but do you mean regal dresser? I'm looking for cool ranch chairs and bookcases.
    Either way, thanks for getting me that stuff today!

• Options
    neuroticsilenceneuroticsilence PDXRegistered User regular
    @ThePantsAssociation: I've got an alpine table you can touch if I can touch your alpine stuff!

3DS Friend code: 2020-1039-6884
    b2f88qjay83l.png
  • Options
    @neurosticsilence Deal. How about you swing my town (Tokpela) and I'll unload all the alpine furniture there.

• Options
    @ThePantsAssociation: Awesome. I'm commuting at the moment, but I'll be on in 15-20 bus permitting!

b2f88qjay83l.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    @ThePantsAssociation and @neurosticsilence Can I get in on that?

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Screw my internet. I'm headed to the pub, I need dinner anyway. I should be on in 20, public wifi permitting. Fingers crossed, sorry to keep you waiting @ThePantsAssociation!

b2f88qjay83l.png
  • Options
    @neurosticsilence No worries. Let me know if you get online.
    @Toxic Toys Certainly. I can get you the alpine kit I have now if you'd like.

• Options
    @ThePantsAsssociation: I'm connected now! I'll head over when you open up. :)

b2f88qjay83l.png
  • Options
    Opening now.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    @neurosticsilence No worries. Let me know if you get online.
    @Toxic Toys Certainly. I can get you the alpine kit I have now if you'd like.
    This is what I need to finish it out.
    Alpine Bed
    Alpine Chair
    Alpine Low Table
    Alpine Shelf

• Options
    @Toxic Toys head over to Tokpela and I'll hook you up.

• Options
    @ThePantsAssociation Thank you very much.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    This is an odd request.... does anyone have any trash they can bring to my town? I'd like to catch a fly but with my current ordinance I don't seem to have trash in my rivers/ocean. Rotten turnips would work too.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    This is an odd request.... does anyone have any trash they can bring to my town? I'd like to catch a fly but with my current ordinance I don't seem to have trash in my rivers/ocean. Rotten turnips would work too.

Do you have perfect trees? When one dies you'll get a rotten fruit from that (if no one has trash for you).

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I've tried rotten fruit but all they do is attract ants. You're sure flies show up on those too?

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    I've tried rotten fruit but all they do is attract ants. You're sure flies show up on those too?

I could always be wrong, and often am.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Thanks @_J_ for your tip about the island. After I cut down a few of the trees I'm getting the beetles to spawn at a much more manageable rate.

• Options
    @Hargaad of Omnar thank you for letting my borrow your rotten turnip, got a fly and ants. With the scorpion I caught tonight, I just need a roach to complete my creepy bug collection. @RidleySaria you might want to ask Hargaad to borrow his turnip if you didn't get any trash yet.

• Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    I want the box sofa and the box corner sofa. Corner sofa is buyable, just not from the HH house that just showed up because it's customized. The sofa on the other hand says, on every list I can find, that it's non orderable and the source is "Re-tail". So does that mean I have to hope it gets sold in my Re-tail at some point because none of my townies have one and none of those bastards are ever moving out.

If you haven't ordered the box sofa yet, one is sitting in my Re-tail right now. I can pick it up for you and drop it off in the morn.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    So it turns out I was wrong about having some of my sets completed. Sleek apparently has 12 items; two different types of chair. I have the small round one but need the other. For the astro set I'm missing the bed, table and closet.

I'm also looking for pretty much anything in the classic or rococo sets. Just holding stuff will be fine, I don't mind waiting to order things in myself.

I'm at about 147,000 HHA anyway but I like to have the full thing.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    AgahnimAgahnim Registered User regular
    This will be the game that gets me over my fear of internet strangers. My turnip avarice is too great!

I don't really know much about the multiplayer aspect. Can people only visit each other's towns when both are online?

2.jpg
    3DS FC: 2148-8300-8608 WiiU: AgahnimD
  • Options
    Rami wrote: »
    So it turns out I was wrong about having some of my sets completed. Sleek apparently has 12 items; two different types of chair. I have the small round one but need the other. For the astro set I'm missing the bed, table and closet.

I'm also looking for pretty much anything in the classic or rococo sets. Just holding stuff will be fine, I don't mind waiting to order things in myself.

I'm at about 147,000 HHA anyway but I like to have the full thing.

I have the Astro table and closet. I think someone else here is collecting rococo, if no one else has any I just got a streetpass house that has a lot but I'd need to order/buy it all from the house as I don't think I have any.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Agahnim wrote: »
    This will be the game that gets me over my fear of internet strangers. My turnip avarice is too great!

I don't really know much about the multiplayer aspect. Can people only visit each other's towns when both are online?

Generally yes. You have to 1. Enter each other's friend codes. 2. Both be online. 3. One of you has to open your town gates, then the other can see you on the list of available towns to visit.

There's also the dream suite, once you get that built (I can't remember what you need to do to get Isabella to suggest building it) you get a "Dream address" that is like a friend code that you can enter, then if you have that code you can visit anyone's town, if they're online or not. The downside to that is it's a dream and though you can do things in the town nothing you do changes their real town and you can't meet there to trade items, etc.

You also can't send items to each other through the mail unless you visit the town of the person to which you wish send the letter. The game itself has a secondary friend list called "best friends" that you can add people to when you're actually near each other (in each other's towns or in a third friend's town) and THAT enables you to send in game messages to them without having to have your towns open. However imo it is so limited it is near useless, especially with a thread like this. The text box is tiny (in town chat it means u have 2 txt lik a tween) and you're limited to I believe 32 best friends.

I really like being social in the game and I think it adds an element that is going to keep me playing longer than any other Animal Crossing game. But the online implementation is...well it's only slightly better than not having multiplayer at all.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    @Hargaad of Omnar thanks, but do you mean regal dresser? I'm looking for cool ranch chairs and bookcases.
    Either way, thanks for getting me that stuff today!

I do mean regal dresser. I'm just a dolt at reviewing. I somehow combined the two without realizing it.
    But, yes. Regal dresser. I'll move it over tomorrow for whenever I happen to either see you post on here when you're coming by, or if I'm on the Swap account and see you.

@RidleySaria, I assisted @Toxic Toys with getting flies. I have a spare spoiled turnip for such an event for flies. All you do is drop it in front of your house, and keep entering/exiting until you see flies over it. Ants are always gonna be there...but flies might take a couple tries going in and out.

@Rami, I'm going to bed, but I'll check on those items tomorrow and get back to you if I have any. If I do have any, I'll just go ahead and order them. Worst-case scenario, you find them before you see that I have them available, and I just put them out for the Ex-Swap-Aganza anyways.

If Omnar2 crashes sometime in the next 6-8 hours, I'm sorry.
    If not, then the Ex-Swap-Aganza is pulling an all-nighter! Lid is closed, but still lots of stuff to take.
    I do realize I called everything above the bridge fair game, but please let me know if you're taking my perfect cherries next time. Doesn't matter who, just an fyi.

• Options
    ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I currently collect astro, rococo, alpine, and modern wood (tho I only have about 3 modern wood pieces)

From memory, I have astro: bed, table, closet, clock, couch, tv, wall, floor, music player
    rococo: wall candle thing, bed, couch, chair, table, clock, dresser, closet, wall, floor, a tall display shelf thing
    alpine: big round table, wall panel, cart, bed, closet, shelf? (something long and low). Also have wall in my catalog, but not using it because I can't customize it like the rest of alpine
    I have modern wood bed, closet, wall, and a dresser

If anyone wants to exchange some cataloging tonight, I'm generally available from 7p-10p EST

ShubNiggurath on
    High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Thanks Hargaad of Omnar Your swap meet had a robo and cabin piece I was missing. You are awesome.

Question though, what is that crazy weird plant you have in your town? My wife saw it and wondered what it was.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!