As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Classic Console Museum at PAX Australia 2013 - What games do you want to see or play?

2»

• Options
    IMSanchoIMSancho Registered User regular
    Had some awesome 4 player bomberman games with some total strangers, everyone getting pretty vocal and having a great time. Was also great to see someone playing Boulder-dash on the amstrad CPC, the first game I ever had! Only request for next time I can think of is 'The island of doctor destructo', I sank so many hours/days into that on my amstrad as a kid.

• Options
    retrospekt_daveretrospekt_dave Founder of Retrospekt.com.au Adelaide, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    IMSancho wrote: »
    Had some awesome 4 player bomberman games with some total strangers, everyone getting pretty vocal and having a great time. Was also great to see someone playing Boulder-dash on the amstrad CPC, the first game I ever had! Only request for next time I can think of is 'The island of doctor destructo', I sank so many hours/days into that on my amstrad as a kid.

Thanks for the awesome words! Glad you folks had fun with Bomberman.. Just be thankful I wasn't playing there.. Others in my team think I get very very loud and vocal when I get my arse handed to me. Any bomberman. :)

• Options
    retrospekt_daveretrospekt_dave Founder of Retrospekt.com.au Adelaide, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Poliander wrote: »
    So ... I loved it ;). Walked in, and it was spectacular. Pretty much made a beeline for it. All the awesome games. I did not know where to look first :). Had a massive laugh when people were playing Street Fighter :). One dude abusing the arcade controls vs like 5 people. 6th walks in and beats him pretty badly. It was funny. Lots of sour people.
    Amiga monitor. While original (all respect), it was too small and it did take a bit away from the play i would imagine. Also joysticks. Some thought and possibly a smidge more money should be put into it i think. Flimsy sticks are just not right. Need better joysticks. I would not have minded also a couple computers linked together. Like Amiga or Atari ST. You can even link Atari and Amiga. Then hit some split screen goodness.
    But all this is really juts nitpicking. I have enjoyed it immensely and thank you very much :).

Apologies for the flimsy Joysticks, they are 3rd party or just old tech. All good, yeah you can't go wrong with Street Fighter on any system.. Except the Master System version which got a total playtime of 2 minutes through out the weekend :(

Linking Amigas and getting an Atari ST of sorts? This is what I like to read, more suggestions on making a great area greater. Will be considered for PAX Australia 2014 :)
    Shutdown wrote: »
    I walked through and saw Road Rash 2 on the mega drive and powerstone 2 on the dreamcast.

Truly, your choices were guided by the gods.

Thank you! I'll pass the praise to the rest of the team!!

• Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    If you get involved again next year Dave, I have quite a lot of old hardware I could be persuaded to volunteer for the weekend :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DizrythmiaDizrythmia Registered User new member
    Questor wrote: »
    Switchblade

As the owner of the GX4000 I can confirm I do own Switchblade & it was on the list of games to bring. Sadly I was unable to find it which is why it wasn't there. I'll aim to have it there next year!

• Options
    If you get involved again next year Dave, I have quite a lot of old hardware I could be persuaded to volunteer for the weekend :)

Keen to chat more about as soon as a date/venue is announced! :)
    Dizrythmia wrote: »
    Switchblade

As the owner of the GX4000 I can confirm I do own Switchblade & it was on the list of games to bring. Sadly I was unable to find it which is why it wasn't there. I'll aim to have it there next year!

We'll take this thread in as feedback as well for what we can throw back to the community for PAX Australia 2014! Already looking forward to it, wherever and whenever that will be.. :)

This discussion has been closed.