As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[IC] Lost in Space: Kleveland Delta

2»

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    "The description is for unconnected freelance personnel with the ability to perform missions of a hazardous nature. It will be well compensate, but you will have to sign an NDA before I can tell you anything more."

• CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    "Could we have a minute?" Hugh asks, and turns to his companions. "I say we take it. We got nothing right now and I smell credits. Big corporation means big money."

• doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    "And a free meal!" Eksep added.

what a happy day it is
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    "There are no such thing. I'm sure this meal will come at a high cost. Though perhaps it is a price we are willing to pay."

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
    Limnoraea stands a distance off smiling "Well I can see you have some decisions to make, you know where to find me!" She walks off, shooting one last poisonous glance at the other woman before going to her own quarters.

Hugh walks over to the other woman. "Name's Hugh. I couldn't help but notice certain amount of...hostility between you and Limnoraea. Want to talk about it?"

Eksep takes out his compad and checks for signals again while Hugh does his thing.

what a happy day it is
    "She just wants to explot these people! To bring geegaws into this world, to get some resources from them. She thinks they are just primitives. But these cities, the aliens who helped build them, who constructed the defenses, they are amazing! We can learn so much from them but if the priestessess think all of us off worlds are only interested in trade instead of pursing the truth, that is what they consider most sacred, almost worship, then they will never let us study these wonders." Her voice is passionate, she is clearly a true believer.

"You sound like you have been spending a lot of time here. If off world aliens built the defenses, why do they treat visitors with so much caution? I know they do not like trouble. I do not like trouble. But did something happen to make them like this, or are they just xenophobic?" Ekseppek tilted his head while he asked his questions.

what a happy day it is
    doomybear wrote: »
    "You sound like you have been spending a lot of time here. If off world aliens built the defenses, why do they treat visitors with so much caution? I know they do not like trouble. I do not like trouble. But did something happen to make them like this, or are they just xenophobic?" Ekseppek tilted his head while he asked his questions.
    "The natives of this planet don't like technology much, but they have an incredible aptitude for it. The defenses were neccesary to keep them safe so they built and maintained them, the dome cities were built for the humans to live in, but besides that they would be just as happy living out there in the cold as hunters and gatherers. They just don't have any interest in it. " She sighs. "It is just so romantic, don't you think?"

"What exactly do you want? What's your angle? You just want to study these people? Is that itself not a form of exploitation?"

"Romantic? Yeah I guess that's a word for it."

steam_sig.png
    "Never underestimate the power of faith," Eksep nodded, "although I'm more curious about what your friend wanted to exploit."

what a happy day it is
    "I just want to learn from them. A stable culture like theirs is unique in our solar system, and even in the galaxy. We have a lot to learn from them and their noble ways. On the other hand Limnoraea is a Thorkatlan, they ruined their world and now they are looking for new worlds to take resources from. She wishes to tempt them with toys and guns in exchange for their metal and fissile materials to win one of their stupid wars."

"Interesting discussion but regardless, we need credits. We should go talk to Limnoreaea."

"I agree with Hugh. Preservation is all well and good, but material is what we need right now. And material is what Limnoraea can provide."

steam_sig.png
    She gives you a prideful look "Well I don't know what else to expect from some filthy criminals I suppose!" After which he storms out presumably to find more sympathetic ears. There is a slight sound of laughter coming form Limnoraea's room afterwards, but that may just be your imagination.

"Might want to keep an eye out for her. She may do something drastic." He nods towards Limnoraea's room. "Shall we?" He heads to the room.

Eksep frowned, or rather he did the mandible-equivalent of one, "Great. I was hoping we might get more out of her before having to sign the NDA. Which we should definitely read before signing. Miss Genuine Curiosity better not repeat that accusation to the authorities.

"We're not criminals. Not yet, anyways," he shrugged.

what a happy day it is
    "Not criminals in the sense that we haven't been accused of it, yet." Sol gave a little chuckle. Sol didn't like the idea of signing something before knowing all the facts, but he realized this may be something he'll have to deal with now.

Wait a minute. Sign? Crap.

He can't really remember if he even has a proper signature...

steam_sig.png