As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Animal Crossing] Please update for September

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Sorry to everyone who was in my town when I had the disconnect. Braavos is back open.

• SaucySaucy Registered User new member
    That isn't me but I ...how do you keep someone from leaving a town? I don't want to do it on accident. Just stand and talk to the monkey forever or something?

Oh still looking for the robo closet if it exists. I need to buy that prima guide.

I have the complete Robo set. I can just give you mine and order a replacement closet. Add me as a friend and I'll leave my gates open tomorrow with the Robo closet by the train station.

3DS Code: 1418-7449-5014
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Hmm, my Nook's is apparently upgrading again... and took the flower shop with it.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    @_J_, does the guide say anything about the special items (such as Gulliver's items or Pascal's items) being worth anything when all together in the same room?

Yup.

Pascal items are part of the Pirate Ship Theme.
    Sea view
    Ship Deck
    helm
    Barrel
    Keg
    Ship Cannon
    Anchor
    Ship Compass
    Jolly Roger
    Vintage Telescope
    Pirate's Armor

The Gulliver items are generic furniture, not a part of any set.

And no mention of a sword?
    Hmm...Methinks thonky is a bit wonky.

no sword.

if you know the item name I can look it up in the index and check what it says.

Pirate Sword :|

I believe that the "pirate's sword" is actually the "pirate's armor" in-game. It's a wall hanging item that has armor AND swords attached to it.

Goddammit...and here I've been grinding a scallop every day for that moron.

@Toxic Toys, all your lovely stuff is not lost! It's here in Omnar2 where you left it. You're free to come get it anytime you want. I won't move it.
    However, I may go off for a few minutes to go snag a wish from @Xenogears of Bore (provided he hasn't removed me from his fc list yet XD)

OK. now I feel a little better. I see pink instead of red. I'll catch up with you some soon.
    That isn't me but I ...how do you keep someone from leaving a town? I don't want to do it on accident. Just stand and talk to the monkey forever or something?

Oh still looking for the robo closet if it exists. I need to buy that prima guide.

Just that, stop people from getting where they want. Xeno did it with the bank when he was open for the turnip run. But my game may be having some glitches. The turnip lady was in my town at 7:something PM. and I did take a pic and tell people about it.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • StephidabefidaStephidabefida Registered User regular
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Thank you @Stephidabefida, That was fun.

Now my list is cut down to:
    Alpine Wall

Classic Chair
    Classic Clock
    Classic Vanity
    Classic Wardrobe
    Classic Carpet

Exotic Bureau

Kitchen Corner

Lovely Doll

Modern Cabinet
    Modern Lamp
    Modern Table
    Modern Tile
    I just came by and dropped off an Alpine Wall and Classic Vanity, I didn't realize that if I ordered early enough they would show up same day!

bftgk95jb551.png

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    My inventory, mail slots and my entire storage was filled with money and fossils, I had no choice but to use the bank machine...a few dozen times!

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    I saw your turnip lady pic. Could you talk to her? I hope your game isn't glitching in a crashy-save-corruption way.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    My inventory, mail slots and my entire storage was filled with money and fossils, I had no choice but to use the bank machine...a few dozen times!

Yeah I have to do some ATM-ing during my commute tonight. A LOT of it.

Thanks Again! (and god bless Starbucks wifi)

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @_J_, does the guide say anything about the special items (such as Gulliver's items or Pascal's items) being worth anything when all together in the same room?

Yup.

Sea view
    Ship Deck
    helm
    Barrel
    Keg
    Ship Cannon
    Anchor
    Ship Compass
    Jolly Roger
    Vintage Telescope
    Pirate's Armor

no sword.

The official guide does not have "Pirate Sword" in the index.

Piranha
    Pirate's Armor
    Pirate's Hat
    Pisces Lamp

edited July 2013
    Saucy wrote: »

I have the complete Robo set. I can just give you mine and order a replacement closet. Add me as a friend and I'll leave my gates open tomorrow with the Robo closet by the train station.

You're awesome. Do you need anything?
    edit: also I just added you but you haven't added me yet. 4871-3833-7162 So you don't have to go looking for it.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
  • MysfytMysfyt silly bookah Lion's Arch, TyriaRegistered User regular
    OK, some fucker stopped me from leaving a town. Twice now. Lost all my lovely stuff in a trade.
    Really if you're this person, stop fucking thing up for others! Here is a pic.
    tumblr_mqgsp3OhKx1sy3bzto1_400.jpg I will find you and salt the earth your town stands on if I don't get an apologize.

EDIT: I'm a little drunk and pissed at the same time.

Um... that is me, and my town. :( I'm really sorry. I had opened my gates in a rush to get back to working on dinner and didn't realize I was causing a problem by just standing there. Gah...

3DS: 4167-5901-6785
    SilverWind wrote: »

Yup.

Sea view
    Ship Deck
    helm
    Barrel
    Keg
    Ship Cannon
    Anchor
    Ship Compass
    Jolly Roger
    Vintage Telescope
    Pirate's Armor

no sword.

I believe that the "pirate's sword" is actually the "pirate's armor" in-game. It's a wall hanging item that has armor AND swords attached to it.

Goddammit...and here I've been grinding a scallop every day for that moron.

@Toxic Toys, all your lovely stuff is not lost! It's here in Omnar2 where you left it. You're free to come get it anytime you want. I won't move it.
    However, I may go off for a few minutes to go snag a wish from @Xenogears of Bore (provided he hasn't removed me from his fc list yet XD)

OK. now I feel a little better. I see pink instead of red. I'll catch up with you some soon.

Just that, stop people from getting where they want. Xeno did it with the bank when he was open for the turnip run. But my game may be having some glitches. The turnip lady was in my town at 7:something PM. and I did take a pic and tell people about it.

Again, that was me, and my town, and I feel really awful about it. I actually wasn't talking to the monkey or doing anything at all besides standing there. Was I just standing in the way and unpushable? I don't want to screw up again...

@Mysfyt You get awesomes for apologizing, and striving to avoid similar situations in the future.

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Thank you @Stephidabefida, That was fun.

Now my list is cut down to:
    Alpine Wall

Classic Chair
    Classic Clock
    Classic Vanity
    Classic Wardrobe
    Classic Carpet

Exotic Bureau

Kitchen Corner

Lovely Doll

Modern Cabinet
    Modern Lamp
    Modern Table
    Modern Tile
    I just came by and dropped off an Alpine Wall and Classic Vanity, I didn't realize that if I ordered early enough they would show up same day!

You are awesome! I didn't know you were there. I had the lid close while I ate dinner.

You are so getting a cool gift some time in the future.

• Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @Hargaad of Omnar for ordering me a regal dresser and of course maintaining that cornucopia of a town.

It won't last forever...when somebody finally hires me, I'm sure I'll be as sparse in this thread as @HallowedFaith...or, you know...@ChaosHat. :P

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    @Mysfyt, to be fair, I don't think there's a single spot one can stand to fully block taking a train home...all it takes is some perseverance, and careful maneuvering, and you can talk to Pebbles or whatever the fuck his name is to take a ride.
    I could be wrong, but I've tried blocking myself from the gate to see if it's possible, but so far I've been able to at least eek around a sliver of passage in dialog-contact while mashing the A button the whole time in hopes of finding a connection through my other body that's in the way. XD

Thanks, guys. I still feel really rotten that I caused @Toxic Toys so much frustration, but I'm a little more hopeful now that maybe(?) it was just a glitch. Either way, I'll make sure to park my AFK self away from everything.

If I don't get a job soon, I think this whole ACNL swap business is going to become my new full-time job. :|
    I don't mind organizing at all.
    And I love helping out others when I feasibly can.
    "I scratch your back; you scratch mine." That is how I feel the universe works a large part in a community of give-and-take like ours.

That said:
    Please take what you touch. I won't be time-travelling that much more to get ahead of the game for October, but I'm buying up about 4 days' worth of items for every normal day.
    I've decreased items tremendously, and have the worst-case outlined by the pitfalls. I had items to the edge of the cliff before, and with the fossils, I've gone from over 100 down to about 50. You all are helping me to clear out quite well, and I don't want you to stop by only picking up just to put back down. I implore you to find a use for anything you desire to touch.
    There are flowers for the taking, too!
    I don't water them, though. I barely care enough as it is to organize the items by general categorization.
    If you leave anything at all that wasn't originally there, I simply ask you put the items in front of me and my !rock!
    That is all. :)
    Seriously...if everybody could simply follow that last rule of putting all items not originally from the floor-market in front of me and my rock, you can take my perfect fruits all the time (which I still don't think you should be doing...I have a lot more of them I want to be planting).

Mysfyt wrote: »
    Thanks, guys. I still feel really rotten that I caused @Toxic Toys so much frustration, but I'm a little more hopeful now that maybe(?) it was just a glitch. Either way, I'll make sure to park my AFK self away from everything.

I've gone the extra mile (or, you know...maybe two feet? 3 minutes tops?) to make an "AFAC" sign that also fits on a shirt.
    I made a "This is my AFAC shirt", but the lettering had to be so reduced that it was impossible to really comprehend when you wear it.

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Next time my village is empty I'll go offline for one final code add for the night.

My turnip price is 602 and I have a meteor shower.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    edited July 2013
    I saw your turnip lady pic. Could you talk to her? I hope your game isn't glitching in a crashy-save-corruption way.
    I couldn't talk to her. It's was just a cool pic of a glitch to take.
    OK, some fucker stopped me from leaving a town. Twice now. Lost all my lovely stuff in a trade.
    tumblr_mqgsp3OhKx1sy3bzto1_400.jpg I will find you and salt the earth your town stands on if I don't get an apologize.
    Um... that is me, and my town. :( I'm really sorry. I had opened my gates in a rush to get back to working on dinner and didn't realize I was causing a problem by just standing there. Gah...
    I'm was just talking shit. I don't blame you. Please ignore my BS. I was talking shit because I was drunk and I owe you a gift as an apologize.

I owe you @Mysfyt. If you want to make it up to me. (and it's so not needed), Open you town for 2 pics for Flags From Around The World. :D and so I can leave you a gift.

I'm so sorry if I made any one feel even a little bad. I need a disclaimer in my sig.

EDIT: I now feel like such an ass. @Mysfyt, if you need something, just call on me. I own you.
    @eMoander - I got your bushes for my screw up last week.

Toxic Toys on
    Next time my village is empty I'll go offline for one final code add for the night.

My turnip price is 602 and I have a meteor shower.

I sent you a PM with a code, if you haven't done your last code add yet. If not don't worry.

v2zAToe.jpg
    edited July 2013

Don't. We need more people running around town doing stuff. And I so welcome you into my town. Trust me. I know I piss people off, they just have better manners to mention it.

Toxic Toys on
  • HaukyHauky Registered User regular
    Time for the weekly begging. If anybody has a Tricera Skull they could part with, I would literally pay you one trillion dollars.

I am also looking for 2 big bro mustaches, if anyone has spares.

bobross.png
    I'm was just talking shit. I don't blame you. Please ignore my BS. I was talking shit because I was drunk and I owe you a gift as an apologize.

I owe you @Mysfyt. If you want to make it up to me. (and it's so not needed), Open you town for 2 pics for Flags From Around The World. :D and so I can leave you a gift.

I'm so sorry if I made any one feel even a little bad. I need a disclaimer in my sig.

Gah, no no... it's okay! Don't feel bad for making me feel bad for making you feel bad in this happy little game with sometimes glitchy multiplayer but a great PA community nonetheless!

Group hug? Group hug! Okay, everybody as you were...

My gates will be open soon again for turnip shenanigans, but please... my flag is a horribly generic "this will just be temporary!" pattern that I made on day 1 to appease the people and then totally forgot to replace. ;) I really should do something about that...

I'm also a little embarrassed to admit that I actually restarted my town about a month into the game. Seems crazy, but I was frustrated with my old layout almost from the beginning. I figured I would just grow to like it, but I did not. Kinda hurt to delete everything and start fresh again, but I love my new layout and don't regret it one bit. I figured one month of rebuilding wasn't much in the grand scheme of Animal Crossing. The only thing I haven't replaced yet that I miss is that stupid cicada stereo from the bug contest. :lol:

• SaucySaucy Registered User new member
    Saucy wrote: »

You're awesome. Do you need anything?
    edit: also I just added you but you haven't added me yet. 4871-3833-7162 So you don't have to go looking for it.

I added you. I'm opening the gates now. I probably need something, but don't worry about it.

3DS Code: 1418-7449-5014
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    If I don't get a job soon, I think this whole ACNL swap business is going to become my new full-time job. :|
    I don't mind organizing at all.
    And I love helping out others when I feasibly can.
    "I scratch your back; you scratch mine." That is how I feel the universe works a large part in a community of give-and-take like ours.

That said:
    Please take what you touch. I won't be time-travelling that much more to get ahead of the game for October, but I'm buying up about 4 days' worth of items for every normal day.
    I've decreased items tremendously, and have the worst-case outlined by the pitfalls. I had items to the edge of the cliff before, and with the fossils, I've gone from over 100 down to about 50. You all are helping me to clear out quite well, and I don't want you to stop by only picking up just to put back down. I implore you to find a use for anything you desire to touch.
    There are flowers for the taking, too!
    I don't water them, though. I barely care enough as it is to organize the items by general categorization.
    If you leave anything at all that wasn't originally there, I simply ask you put the items in front of me and my !rock!
    That is all. :)
    Seriously...if everybody could simply follow that last rule of putting all items not originally from the floor-market in front of me and my rock, you can take my perfect fruits all the time (which I still don't think you should be doing...I have a lot more of them I want to be planting).

Oops I was one of those horrible people tonight who just came to window shop. Noted for next time. :)

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    Hauky wrote: »
    Time for the weekly begging. If anybody has a Tricera Skull they could part with, I would literally pay you one trillion dollars.

I have a skull you can have. I was saving I for a miniature but no biggie. :) I will open my gates for you once I look for the big bro stash, I might have an extra.

Gah, no no... it's okay! Don't feel bad for making me feel bad for making you feel bad in this happy little game with sometimes glitchy multiplayer but a great PA community nonetheless!

Group hug? Group hug! Okay, everybody as you were...

My gates will be open soon again for turnip shenanigans, but please... my flag is a horribly generic "this will just be temporary!" pattern that I made on day 1 to appease the people and then totally forgot to replace. ;) I really should do something about that...

I'm also a little embarrassed to admit that I actually restarted my town about a month into the game. Seems crazy, but I was frustrated with my old layout almost from the beginning. I figured I would just grow to like it, but I did not. Kinda hurt to delete everything and start fresh again, but I love my new layout and don't regret it one bit. I figured one month of rebuilding wasn't much in the grand scheme of Animal Crossing. The only thing I haven't replaced yet that I miss is that stupid cicada stereo from the bug contest. :lol:
    Group hug!

A temp flag is good for me as I'm going to start over next month anyway.

You can have my cicada stereo as I'm not impressed with it. I'll drop it off when you open your town.

Hauky wrote: »

I have a skull you can have. I was saving I for a miniature but no biggie. :) I will open my gates for you once I look for the big bro stash, I might have an extra.

And our Internet is down. Sorry @Hauky. We've had some pretty bad storms through here recently so all I have is 3G on my ipad. If you can wait till tomorrow I can try again.

I'll make sure to park my AFK self away from everything.

I built a bench next to my message board so I could park there while AFK. It lets people know you are afk, and prevents them from pushing you all over your town.

• ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    Any good turnip prices in the Pacific time zone?

3DS: 3325-2059-2105

I built a bench next to my message board so I could park there while AFK. It lets people know you are afk, and prevents them from pushing you all over your town.

I have a rock.
    Rocks are still cool, right?
    petrocknew250.jpg
    Plus I made a T-shirt/ground design for "AFAC" (Away From Animal Crossing)

• ElinElin Registered User regular

I sit on my couch if I'm AFK and lay in my bed if I'm napping/sleeping.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
    Thanks, @Toxic Toys and whoever the heck left me fossils and bells! PA peeps rule. :)

Well, it seems we've gone well over the 101 limit (subtract one for your own code, assuming you don't have other fc's already).
    Personally, I'm going to take a quick nap, eat dinner, then go through my list of codes and @ everybody that hasn't added either one or both of my codes and inform them that they're getting the boot from my list on Saturday night so that the 100+ people get a fair chance at my Swap items before the new month starts.
    I'm trying to think of ways to assist you, @_J_, in how to renew the spreadsheet so the people who are truly playing keep updated, but the people who are faltering in playing at least once a week (or whatever, really) get pushed to the "pending update" bottom portion of a list.
    Maybe a second-party confirmation of activity?
    I know it sounds far too effort-ish, but maybe a committee or counsel of people to agree on level of acceptable activity for proper classification of who should be priority add and who can be the "leftovers"?
    I don't want to volunteer myself unless others vote me in, but I sure as hell am going to penalize myself when October comes. I ain't gonna lie. I'm gonna take a month break from AC.

• Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    I have a Royal Crown on sale in TwinPeak for 1.5 million if somebody wants to come buy it/

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
    Calico's gates are open again, probably for another hour or so. Turnips are at 506. Not much else to see or do here at the moment. :)

• Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    TwinPeak's open!

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • ProfNudgyProfNudgy Registered User regular
    Xenogears - thanks for opening your town. I left you a tip by the glowing archway.

3DS Code: 1375-7221-1615