As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

whaddya mean [San Diego Comic-Con] is next week!?

2»

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Alright... I've decided I will head down for the day tomorrow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord HomsarLord Homsar Lord of Hammers Registered User regular
    Damn my lack of money and proximity to california... I really want this.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    That convention was intense.

Thanks to everybody who swung by the Penny Arcade booth. I know it sucked not having the full PA team down, but you can't deny that Dabe is a great guy. Plus, Ludick and I were there for a good chunk of the time. We even did some sketches and sang for people.

One morning, when we wanted to get some exclusives at the Funco booth, we went to a table run by a friend in Artist's Alley and camped out until the line opened.

The Mattel Booth was having a very special contest. Every day, they hid a Loo-Kee figure from the Masters of the Universe line somewhere in their exhibit space. Could be in a display case, could be hidden behind a sign, etc. If you were the first person to find it that day and post a picture on their forums, you won a free subscription to the MotU toy line for the year. They charge about $600 for that subscription. We won this on Friday.

The giant Pikachu costume character has moveable ears now. That is so cute. I screamed.

Did anybody else do the Adventure Time CONquest? The prize was a great medal with Ice King on it.

juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    FightinFilipino got me the Dark Souls II Tshirt cause he's a boss.

• Options
    There were a lot of booth barnacles. Some people would come by, asking if the pa staff was there, then decide to just camp out because the area around the booth was relatively empty. Jerks. One or two people standing at the booth will draw attention to us. But if you talk to us for over 10 minutes straight it makes the antisocial people afraid to say "hey I want that shirt"

Could have sold so many damn shirts. If you're reading this, girl who drew a penis on Dabe, I hate you.

There was this one girl who was being a complete and utter bitch one morning. The artist alley booth we borrowed involved a lot of sexy pictures of the male leads from various series. This girl comes up, flips through the homoerotic art, and goes "this is disgusting. What do you even say to people who they see this?"

Fortunately, my bf is better with those crum-bums. He went "we say. 'those are 10 dollars each'" and gave her this smile that let her know any other comments would be met with a fist to the face. You would think a person dressed up in a "sexy" costume would understand that people might like to see erotic things. Then again, her costume was more trashy than sexy. And she should have gotten a bigger outfit. She was a little too curvy for this costume that she probably wears every year.

juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    FightinFilipino got me the Dark Souls II Tshirt cause he's a boss.

This is a True Statement

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Fiz wearing his catwoman costume in that post

bringin out the claws

• Options
    I can't even imagine how bad the booth is in normal years, when the guys are there to actually sign stuff. Getting to meet your idols is neat, but there are over 100,000 people in that exhibit hall and you aren't the only one there who wants Mike to draw a picture of Robb Stark holding up a shield with a dick wolf on it. Jerry will tell people to their faces that he won't check out their webcomics. I wish we had the courage to say that. This one guy spent like 30 minutes talking to me before he brought up his own comic, and I couldn't be all "fuck off" at that point because it clearly took him a lot of courage to get to that point. There was another guy who came by and just dropped off his card and said we should check it out. That one went into the trash super fast.

Everybody who knew what Strip Search is wants a second season. Can't argue. None of the cast was there. Unless you count Kris Straub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Y2k0FSoUk

So many female Loki costumes this year. Got us into a big conversation about how M -> F costumes work better than F -> M, mostly because of the body hair issue. You need to know the right way to show off body hair if you are doing a gender swap costume.

@fightinfilipino had some excellent @Bogey cosplay going on. Confused the hell out of my bf, who was interested in meeting some of you. Some.

juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Fiz wrote: »
    Everybody who knew what Strip Search is wants a second season. Can't argue. None of the cast was there. Unless you count Kris Straub.

Scott Kurtz was there too. well, i mean, around the corner, but still.

and yeah, i can do a screen-accurate Bogey cosplay pretty damn well, hahaha!

i just count myself lucky to have gotten a sketch from the PA booth this year even without Mike being there.

even on high-quality materials, too!
    that was archive quality cardboard, right @Fiz?

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options

Scott Kurtz was there too. well, i mean, around the corner, but still.

and yeah, i can do a screen-accurate Bogey cosplay pretty damn well, hahaha!

i just count myself lucky to have gotten a sketch from the PA booth this year even without Mike being there.

even on high-quality materials, too!
    that was archive quality cardboard, right @Fiz?

It's official penny arcade merchandise box cardboard. So exclusive.

juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    @Fiz real talk, the biggest bummer of not going to comic-con every year is not getting to see you

you are amazing

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »
    @Fiz real talk, the biggest bummer of not going to comic-con every year is not getting to see you

you are amazing

<3

Thanks, Yaya! I definitely missed getting to spend time with all of you guys this year. Next year for sure. We'll empty the PA coffers with our power drinking

juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

you are amazing

<3

Thanks, Yaya! I definitely missed getting to spend time with all of you guys this year. Next year for sure. We'll empty the PA coffers with our power drinking

also your explanation of Death Note has been repeated by me to several people over the years, despite my continuing not to have seen it

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    @fightinfilipino: I'll have to try and return the favor by cosplaying you if I make it up to Seattle for PAX!

@Fiz: Hey, so when's your gig up here in LA?

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Bogey wrote: »
    @fightinfilipino: I'll have to try and return the favor by cosplaying you if I make it up to Seattle for PAX!

@Fiz: Hey, so when's your gig up here in LA?

I think my Santa Monica performances are on the 13th, 14th, and 21st of September. I have two performances in Pasadena but that's like a four hour drive.

juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Oh hey, I was at this all last week working. And now I'm hiding out in NC because I'm done with people for a bit.

• Options
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Oh hey, I was at this all last week working. And now I'm hiding out in NC because I'm done with people for a bit.

I hear that. I was getting my hair cut today, and all the people in there were still talking about the con. I wanted to scream.

You guys would be amazed at how quickly they cleaned up the convention area. Last year, there was comic con garbage all over the city for weeks. You wouldn't even know the con happened this year on Tuesday.

juggcat.jpg