As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PS Vita] - Ys sir, can I Ys have some more?

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Ordered my Wifi vita with a 16gb memory card and that Gravity Rush game last night. Should be here tomorrow and I will commence filling that memory card with downloads very rapidly.

Isn't it kinda silly to buy gravity rush since it's more or less always free on ps+?

At least in the states.

I don't have ps+

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Ordered my Wifi vita with a 16gb memory card and that Gravity Rush game last night. Should be here tomorrow and I will commence filling that memory card with downloads very rapidly.

Isn't it kinda silly to buy gravity rush since it's more or less always free on ps+?

At least in the states.

I don't have ps+

There's your mistake.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Yeah, PS+ is great if you want to wait a year to get a game free as long as you pay your subscription the rest of your life.

In other words, not so great. I'd rather just get games I want when they come out.

• RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Sony is amazing... Everytime someone says "I wish [indie title] was coming to PS3/4/Vita"

*Poof*

Sombody produces a link to an article about said game coming to those consoles...

I don't suppose we'll see FTL on any of these devices in the near future? Hmmm? 8->

I want the Zeboyd games on here, but I think @RainbowDespair said in the past it won't happen. Wonder if that's changed with the current indie game drive?

Yeah, probably not going to be porting our old games over anywhere new. Cosmic Star Heroine, on the other hand... :)

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Yeah, PS+ is great if you want to wait a year to get a game free as long as you pay your subscription the rest of your life.

In other words, not so great. I'd rather just get games I want when they come out.

Your free games are yours to keep even if your subscription lapses. If you delete them, they're not free anymore. You also get discounts and deals on games, and when there's sales, you also get additional discounts on the already discounted items. PS+ is great!

@Chance Do you not like Stealth Inc.? I think it's pretty good. Controls could be a little... I dunno, better. Fun mix of puzzle solving and precisely timed Meat Boy platforming.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular

And away we go....

• Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular

Your free games are yours to keep even if your subscription lapses.

Are you sure about this.
    PS+ is great, but I don't think it's that great.

edited July 2013
    I was still able to play LBP2 even after my trial subscription had lapsed.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

Your free games are yours to keep even if your subscription lapses.

Are you sure about this.
    PS+ is great, but I don't think it's that great.

As far as I know, the free games are only yours as long as you're subscribed. The day your subscription lapses, they get locked up - but if you renew at any point you still have em on your account. The PS+ discounted games however are permanently yours no matter what your subscription status is.

Oh brilliant
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/07/26-1/video-explore-mind0-rpg-with-extended-gameplay-footage
    Mind≒0, the upcoming RPG from Acquire and ZeroDiv, is getting ready to hit PS Vita in Japan on August 1. In the meantime, 4Gamer has a whopping 12-minute video chock full of gameplay footage, including yucat's opening jam, "Bousou Machine, Mind≒0 Ver." Check it out below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Djr6BTtbgg

Mind≒0 follows a group of teenagers who summon familiars called MINDs and use them to investigate a monster-filled spirit world. MINDs can also be used to defend your characters against said monsters, and fighting without them results in direct damage and significantly weaker attacks.

Allforce wrote: »

And away we go....

We ain't goin nowheres.

I just mean, for me and those like me, it's not a great deal. For someone else it's like gold on toast. It's all well and good.

We can all still have that fursuit hump pile that Dr. Skullnumbers keeps asking for.

Awwwww yeahhhh!

Donnicton wrote: »
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/07/26-1/video-explore-mind0-rpg-with-extended-gameplay-footage
    Mind≒0, the upcoming RPG from Acquire and ZeroDiv, is getting ready to hit PS Vita in Japan on August 1. In the meantime, 4Gamer has a whopping 12-minute video chock full of gameplay footage, including yucat's opening jam, "Bousou Machine, Mind≒0 Ver." Check it out below.

Mind≒0 follows a group of teenagers who summon familiars called MINDs and use them to investigate a monster-filled spirit world. MINDs can also be used to defend your characters against said monsters, and fighting without them results in direct damage and significantly weaker attacks.

Is it just me or does that look like a carbon copy of Persona?

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

Is it just me or does that look like a carbon copy of Persona?

You're talking like that's a bad thing.

Looks more like a visual novel + first person dungeon crawler, unless they also have a social link like mechanic.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I was told there was a hump pile to be found here

• StewapetStewapet Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Ack, I'm not on the list either.

PSN ID: Stewapet / GMT-5 (EST)

Please don't convince me to get Stealth Inc.. I'm still recovering from the Steam summer sale. Glad to hear The Binding of Issac coming. I've been addicted to that on the PC lately.

Stewapet on
    PSN ID: Stewapet
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    @Skull2185 I have no idea why I thought we were just playing Match Play here, I really boned myself going for that rail shot on the 4th hole, I figured once I missed it you had pretty much won that hole so I kept banging away at it and gave myself a +5. So retarded.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Anime has a habit of severely blurring the lines between if a character is actually male or female (especially when they are young). Maybe this is because I know of many male characters in anime who are actually voiced by women.

I think I am almost done with my first play through of Persona 4 Golden :( What do you keep of you new game plus it? I am definitely going for every trophy in this game.

And away we go....

We ain't goin nowheres.

I just mean, for me and those like me, it's not a great deal. For someone else it's like gold on toast. It's all well and good.

We can all still have that fursuit hump pile that Dr. Skullnumbers keeps asking for.

For me it was fantastic because I only recently bought a PS3 and PSVita.

I would need to subscribe to PSN for five years to pay the equivalent amount to all of the free games I have got across my PSV and my PS3.

Five. Years. I haven't even added stuff that I got for free after I subscribed, but the value has been amazing and there will be no situation where the money I have paid for PSN+ will ever equal the amount it gives me in free games.

I totally understand if you are the sort who owned a PSV or PS3 from the start so has most of the decent PSN+ games already it's nowhere near this good a deal. If you are new to a PSV or PS3, t's indisputably the best deal in gaming for anyone who is say, pissed off at Microsoft and changed back to Sony recently.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    I have decided I need that DJMax game in my life

I'm totally gonna do some trade-in tomorrow for a PSN card and get on that

• TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I think I am almost done with my first play through of Persona 4 Golden :( What do you keep of you new game plus it? I am definitely going for every trophy in this game.

You get to keep your Persona Compendium, your cash (but not your items) and your social stats. Anything available to buy at Daidara's will still be available to buy, and any persona fusions you've unlocked through social links will still be unlocked. Also you can customize your difficulty settings.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • MattitudeMattitude Paste Pot Pete Kicking The BucketRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I've had my Vita for a couple months now and I love love love it. If it wasn't for all the free stuff I was being offered through PS+, I probably wouldn't have bothered, but I'm so glad I did: I like having PS1 games on the go, and access to some awesome PSP back catalogue games. And of course, despite the criticism from some corners that the Vita has a lacking library, I've found far more to interest me on there than I have on my 3DS, which has incredibly strong first party support (and, y'know, Pokemon). But the stuff I've got through PS+, has all been great, and I've picked up some really neat stuff with cross buy, the indie stuff that comes out on there is great... Oh, and Persona 4 Golden. Almost worth the asking price alone.

On that note, my PSN ID-

Mattitude/The_Matty_What/GMT

Mattitude on
    I got this Tumblr and I don't know how to use it.
    Decide on the next line by the rhyme when I choose it.
    Also I put songs on YouTube
    The musings of this lonely rube.

I made a thread once. It didn't end well for me.
  • nathanaelnathanael Registered User regular
    At night, before I fall asleep, my Vita has become a "Qi XL Episode Watching Machine" thanks to the excellent (but not quite PS3-excellent) YouTube app.

This my Gamertag— NathanaelPM
    This is my PSN ID— Radthanael
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    nathanael wrote: »
    At night, before I fall asleep, my Vita has become a "Qi XL Episode Watching Machine" thanks to the excellent (but not quite PS3-excellent) YouTube app.

Aw yusssssssss.

Reached the final world of Rayman Origins, it is balls hard. D:

Oh brilliant
    The actual final world, the one that you access with all the teeth?

I didn't mean that one at the time, but now. Yep. D:

Took a break from it to start over and go for the Time Attacks and Relic Collection. Game's a delight, gonna go for 100% I think.

Oh brilliant
    @Skull2185 I have no idea why I thought we were just playing Match Play here, I really boned myself going for that rail shot on the 4th hole, I figured once I missed it you had pretty much won that hole so I kept banging away at it and gave myself a +5. So retarded.

I wondered what was up with that. Figured you were trying some trick shot thst went horribly wrong :P

Im the king of choke, though. I wanted to crush my Vita into a fine powder after some of those putts...

• ChanceChance Registered User regular
    @Chance Do you not like Stealth Inc.? I think it's pretty good. Controls could be a little... I dunno, better. Fun mix of puzzle solving and precisely timed Meat Boy platforming.

First let me say I see what Stealth Inc is trying to do. It does it well, but it doesn't really absorb me. It doesn't seize upon my imagination like I want a platformer to (Rayman, Bionic Commando), nor do its systems and puzzles feel as natural and well-communicated as I think they should. Instead of eyeing up a room and perceiving how a puzzle can be completed, it simply involves a lot of trial and error - splashing your clone's blood against its wall, over and over, until you find the weak point that allows you to proceed.

It's a hard game to judge, because I feel games should be judged on how well they do what they're trying to do - Rayman Origins or Far Cry 3 are perfect examples of games doing what they were trying to do really, really well - but I can't separate my fun factor from my overall opinion of a game, and I'm just having less fun with it than I'd hoped.

Sadly, it comes down to this, for me:

(1) Stealth isn't merely about avoiding detection, and being obliterated if you fail. (Kudos to Stealth Inc for instant restarts and decent checkpoints, at least.) It's about how maintained stealth gives the player greater choices, and a grand sense of power over the game world and their enemies. Stealth Inc posits that the power that comes from stealth and the player choice it suggests is irrelevant to the experience - and I... disagree.

(2) I've played Mark of the Ninja, and - while the two games are totally different, and attempt totally different things - they're both 2D stealth platformers, and I can't help but compare the two. And everything suffers in comparison to Mark of the Ninja - most of all, in this case, fun factor.

I want to love this game. "Stealth," "2D" and "platformer" are three of my favorite words, but I'm enjoying it less than I'd hoped. I'm having less fun than I'd hoped.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    edited July 2013
    I like Stealth Inc.

But comparing anything to Mark of the Ninja is almost always unfair

EDIT: DAMMIT I exceeded my time limit on HSG :(

On a positive note, I am now downloading DJMax

UnbreakableVow on
    oh god I'm already on October in P4G and there are so many S-Links still low OMG HOW DO I MAX ALL OF THEM AAAAARGH

camo_sig2.png
    edited July 2013
    I just got an immensely shitty ending in Persona 4 Golden.p

And then sad piano music. You bastard of a fucking game.

Aegeri on
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Can anyone recommend a case and/or protector type thing that won't add a lot of bulk but give me some protection while my vita rides around in the cargo pocket of my pants or in my backpack?

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
    P4G sounds remarkably complicated. An ever present time limit on an RPG sounds... I dunno. I like to take my time.

Oh brilliant
    I like Stealth Inc.

It certainly is, in this case, but I played Prototype and inFamous - and some just bear comparison, regardless of how intentionally-different they are. They're trying to do very different things - but they're both trying to do it in a 2D platformer based around stealth. They're in the same corner of gaming, it's just that MotN sits on a throne.

Beltaine wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a case and/or protector type thing that won't add a lot of bulk but give me some protection while my vita rides around in the cargo pocket of my pants or in my backpack?

I can! Get a HORI case. It adds about 3mm to either side in terms of width, offers a nice hard shell to protect your precious potable and the Vita can be played without ever removing it from the case (it snaps out easily, if you prefer).

I've tried several - the clamshell case that came with launch bundle Vitas (space for the Vita, tiny slots for a few games) is just way too bulky, and the E-reader-style hard leather carrying case, while just as thin as a HORI case, adds a lot of lateral size to it, making it harder to fit in pockets.

I vote HORI case - but if anyone's tried the Nyko Power Armor case, they may want to sound off. The HORI case is 1.2 inches thick total, but the Nyko is 1 inch flat.

...kinda' curious about it now, but having 3 Vita cases already feels like ridiculous overkill.

P4G sounds remarkably complicated. An ever present time limit on an RPG sounds... I dunno. I like to take my time.

P4 - without the G - took me like 90 hours to complete. It's not rushed.

there is a sense of running out of time but you're never pushed to do anything. you have a set number of days and you choose what to do on those days. if anything it makes the replay value skyrocket as long as you don't use a guide to get everything on one go through

Chance wrote: »
    I like Stealth Inc.

It certainly is, in this case, but I played Prototype and inFamous - and some just bear comparison, regardless of how intentionally-different they are. They're trying to do very different things - but they're both trying to do it in a 2D platformer based around stealth. They're in the same corner of gaming, it's just that MotN sits on a throne.

I can! Get a HORI case. It adds about 3mm to either side in terms of width, offers a nice hard shell to protect your precious potable and the Vita can be played without ever removing it from the case (it snaps out easily, if you prefer).

I've tried several - the clamshell case that came with launch bundle Vitas (space for the Vita, tiny slots for a few games) is just way too bulky, and the E-reader-style hard leather carrying case, while just as thin as a HORI case, adds a lot of lateral size to it, making it harder to fit in pockets.

I vote HORI case - but if anyone's tried the Nyko Power Armor case, they may want to sound off. The HORI case is 1.2 inches thick total, but the Nyko is 1 inch flat.

...kinda' curious about it now, but having 3 Vita cases already feels like ridiculous overkill.

I got two of those vita Face Covers, thanks to Muramasa and P4G!

camo_sig2.png
    Rayman Origins Platinum'd! That was a blast! :D

Next on the docket is probably Thomas Was Alone, I keep playing it in short bursts but I should just sit down with it, it'll probably only take a couple hours and I could do with a lil' more Vita space for. Well. More goddamn PS+ games. :P

Oh brilliant
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I can't put P4G down. I ran the battery down, continued to play while I charged, and then nearly ran it down again today.

What have you people done to me!?

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I can't put P4G down. I ran the battery down, continued to play while I charged, and then nearly ran it down again today.

What have you people done to me!?

Something you'll thank us for.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
This discussion has been closed.