As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Animal Crossing] With new friend code list so we know where you sleep

1939495969799»

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    I too got a perfect town rating today.
    I also stupidly built another lamp post. It'll be built tomorrow. I hope that won't affect my rating at all! :S

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Rami wrote: »
    I am also in need of the Regal Bookcase and Regal Table to complete my set. As well as the Minimalist Sofa, Table and Chair.

I have full sets of Astro and Sleek if you need any for those in return.

@Rami I think I have the minimalist sofa, table, and chair. I'll check when I get home.

I would very much like to touch some of your Astro / Sleek items. I do not remember what items I need at the moment.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    Rami wrote: »
    I am also in need of the Regal Bookcase and Regal Table to complete my set. As well as the Minimalist Sofa, Table and Chair.

I have full sets of Astro and Sleek if you need any for those in return.

@Rami I think I have the minimalist sofa, table, and chair. I'll check when I get home.

I would very much like to touch some of your Astro / Sleek items. I do not remember what items I need at the moment.

Hmm. Minimalist Sofa is the only piece I'm missing from that set. I'm at 140k HHA without it, and creeping ever-closer to 150k, but the (third) full set spike would be entertaining.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    I too got a perfect town rating today.
    I also stupidly built another lamp post. It'll be built tomorrow. I hope that won't affect my rating at all! :S

I've been building tons of stuff during perfect town with no consequences, apparently.

If you have to knock over trees or anything, plant some new ones and should be good.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I'm going to try to accelerate construction of my Zelda room to enter the European Twitter contest nonsense with this week's theme of 'Nintendo Room'.

As such, things I would desperately like to crowd source:

-Some kind of flaming torch (because everyone knows you can't have a Zelda room without three torches to light)

-Treasure chest (dah, dah, dah, daaaaaah)

-Moon (72 hours remain)

-Broken pillar (for that ruined temple look)

-Ideas!

Aside from the obvious Zelda items I've also already got a boomerang, a bunch of pots, some ores (rupees) and grass cut outs.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    LegomanLegoman Registered User regular
    Is it possible to have more than one ordinance at a time? I don't want to start another if it will cancel the money making one...

• Options
    One at a time.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I'm going to try to accelerate construction of my Zelda room to enter the European Twitter contest nonsense with this week's theme of 'Nintendo Room'.

-Some kind of flaming torch (because everyone knows you can't have a Zelda room without three torches to light)

-Moon (72 hours remain)

-Broken pillar (for that ruined temple look)

-Ideas!

Aside from the obvious Zelda items I've also already got a boomerang, a bunch of pots, some ores (rupees) and grass cut outs.

I swear I've seen a Moon and Broken Pillar in my HHA lot. I'll check it tonight and see if they are orderable. And for anything else that might work.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    LegomanLegoman Registered User regular
    D'oh, guess I'll be keeping this one for a while then. :)

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    akjak wrote: »
    Ethical debate: If I don't time travel myself, and think it's against the spirit of the game, can I still take advantage of those who do?

Now we have to assess how you know that the individual time traveled.

They had items that were not "orderable," (ie, all of the Creepy things, in addition to the Spooky things) and they had all of them. Is that going to be impossible to achieve in the span of a single holiday? So to get all of them, before the game's been out even a year (everywhere), would a person not have to time travel to repeat the holiday?

Of course I will be cataloging all of it, and of course you may touch it. My dilemma is will I allow myself to have a Halloween room with it all before October?

They could be like Hargaad, and own multiple copies of the game.

The dilemma of preventing one's self from doing something is kinda interesting, to me. If you can do it, and no problems result from doing it, then it seems fine. The question is whether you will feel conflicted and hypocritical by displaying the furniture.

Might as well display it and watch what happens. If you feel icky, put it away.

Well, if you're gonna drag me into this, I might as well offer my two cents.
    The feature wouldn't be in there if they didn't want you to have that option.
    I see it two ways. Somebody (as myself) has a situation of not being able to play for a while. In my case, when Pokemon X & Y come out, I'm going to grind the shit out of that for about a month straight. Thus, I'm time-jumping to get about a month ahead of everybody right now so that I can put AC:NL down for a month, play X&Y, then come back to AC:NL and reset the time to just after I left so that it's as if no time had been lost at all.
    The second thing is that there are many strategy guides, and gaming enthusiasts who enjoy playing through a game. Putting a restriction such as date limitations inhibits their efficiency towards putting out the information and getting to enjoy the game as they normally do. Imagine if you had to play FFX, but each town was on a different visitation cycle of availability. It would suck to only be able to play Blitzball on Sundays, and visit the Monster Arena between the hours of 9am and 5pm M-F only. :|
    Yeah, I don't think I'd have played through for completion if that were the case.

I'm not saying you can't implement whatever level of 'morality' you want towards playing a game.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
    I'm not waiting 6 years to collect all of the Birthday Set. Fuuuuuck that. XD

tl;dr?

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    I just got a petition called "cute animals are cute."

People who <3 tautologies, <3 tautologies.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Putting a restriction such as date limitations inhibits their efficiency towards putting out the information and getting to enjoy the game as they normally do.

True. Rushing ahead is not "playing wrong", just as not modifying the 3DS clock is not "playing wrong". People can do what they want with the game.

The question is what someone wants to get out of the game, and the degree to which their playstyle accommodates that desire. If someone just wants to collect all the items, they can time travel and rush through. If someone wants a form of escapism every day, they can refuse the modify the 3DS clock.

The biggest difference, I think, is how long one plays the game given the particular playstyle. Someone on the daily schedule will likely continue to play for a year, if not longer, to unlock all the content. A time traveler could unlock everything in...I'd say twoish weeks.* I can do my daily routine in a little under an hour, depending on what events occur that day. A week has 168 hours. If all someone did was complete a day's chores, travel ahead, complete a day's chores, travel ahead, they could likely grab everything in a few weeks. After a while they are just traveling to sell turnips to get the billion bell item / badge.

Once all the content is unlocked, there really isn't anything to do other than farm bells, and maybe randomly reorganize your town / home. It seems like time travel rushes someone to the end of the game.

*Unless we're including neighbor picture acquisition, in which case the game will never fucking end.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

-Moon...

Hold the phone...there's a MOON in here?!
    New quest unlocked.
    Challenge accepted!

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Well my turnips prices are dropping like a stone. 60 this morning and 53 this afternoon.

@Jam Warrior I have 2 different types of torches.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    There's a new girl in my HH today, Asher. She has pretty much the whole stripe set and the whole Rococo set. She also has 2 unorderable sets, Mushroom and Mermaid.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I'm 99% certain I'm going to download this when I get home. What do I need to know? Is it pretty straight forward to jump into and just do... things?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    We're gonna need a new thread soon.
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I'm 99% certain I'm going to download this when I get home. What do I need to know? Is it pretty straight forward to jump into and just do... things?

It's all pretty self-explanatory, really. There are a couple of pointers we can give you along the way but nothing you absolutely need to know before starting.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options

The main thing is to spend some time loading and reloading the game to get the town layout you want.

Pro Tip: Try to get ReTail close to the dock.

That is the biggest concern for layout. Since the bulk of your bells will come from the island, you want ReTail close to the docks so you can quickly sell off your beetles, and then head back to the island.

Everything else is mostly personal preference. Don't worry if you have to restart 6 or so times to get your ideal map. The initial time investment is worth it, given that you're stuck with that layout forever.

Other than that, the first few days are quite simple.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Does anyone violently oppose my making a new thread?

Were I to make the new thread, I would:
    - Add more links to the OP, and organize them by category.
    - Remove the videos, since by this point no one needs to watch them.

Edit: Also, weekly witty thread titles.

Yea / Nay?

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Well my turnips prices are dropping like a stone. 60 this morning and 53 this afternoon.

@Jam Warrior I have 2 different types of torches.

Cool. Assuming you need to order them, let me know when they arrive.

Anything you want me to see if I can order?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Putting a restriction such as date limitations inhibits their efficiency towards putting out the information and getting to enjoy the game as they normally do.

True. Rushing ahead is not "playing wrong", just as not modifying the 3DS clock is not "playing wrong". People can do what they want with the game.

The question is what someone wants to get out of the game, and the degree to which their playstyle accommodates that desire. If someone just wants to collect all the items, they can time travel and rush through. If someone wants a form of escapism every day, they can refuse the modify the 3DS clock.

The biggest difference, I think, is how long one plays the game given the particular playstyle. Someone on the daily schedule will likely continue to play for a year, if not longer, to unlock all the content. A time traveler could unlock everything in...I'd say twoish weeks.* I can do my daily routine in a little under an hour, depending on what events occur that day. A week has 168 hours. If all someone did was complete a day's chores, travel ahead, complete a day's chores, travel ahead, they could likely grab everything in a few weeks. After a while they are just traveling to sell turnips to get the billion bell item / badge.

Once all the content is unlocked, there really isn't anything to do other than farm bells, and maybe randomly reorganize your town / home. It seems like time travel rushes someone to the end of the game.

*Unless we're including neighbor picture acquisition, in which case the game will never fucking end.

In speeding through a month of activities, I call BS on the two-ish weeks to complete. With each day is a new opportunity for a special event to occur (Redd, Katarina, etc). You'd have to have your time generalized for optimal jumping, like noon or something (Club LOL doesn't open until noon for you to get a new joke emote). Then you've got KK Slider on Friday nights...
    I'm barely 5 days ahead after a day. I'd say that's a best-case scenario, too.
    I'm also trying to manage two games at once right now, so maybe it could be optimized a bit better.

I mean, a day's chores include what?
    Digging up 4 fossils and a pitfall (and at the same time, scour the land for weeds and small fixer-uppers)
    Money Rock and Ore Rock
    Scallop for Pascal
    Shops and cross-checking catalog including: Nook's, Nooklings, Leif, Able Sisters, Kicks, Museum (among others the more you unlock)
    Joke at noon from Club LOL dude...damn...what's-his-face...
    Police Station
    Check the coastline for Gulliver because Police Station sucks at notifying you sometimes when there's other things happening
    Check your Town Plaza for any shops that are passing through
    I think I got most of it...but I could be wrong.
    It's quite a lot that takes up at least an hour and a half if not two hours of my day.
    Plus, now I'm running a permanent Ex-Swap-Aganza...

• Options

In speeding through a month of activities, I call BS on the two-ish weeks to complete. With each day is a new opportunity for a special event to occur (Redd, Katarina, etc). You'd have to have your time generalized for optimal jumping, like noon or something (Club LOL doesn't open until noon for you to get a new joke emote). Then you've got KK Slider on Friday nights...
    I'm also trying to manage two games at once right now, so maybe it could be optimized a bit better.

Digging up 4 fossils and a pitfall (and at the same time, scour the land for weeds and small fixer-uppers)
    Money Rock and Ore Rock
    Scallop for Pascal
    Shops and cross-checking catalog including: Nook's, Nooklings, Leif, Able Sisters, Kicks, Museum (among others the more you unlock)
    Police Station
    Check the coastline for Gulliver because Police Station sucks at notifying you sometimes when there's other things happening
    It's quite a lot that takes up at least an hour and a half if not two hours of my day.

I think you hit most of the daily chores. Pascal ends once all his items are obtained, so the lack of a need to swim around poking for scallops will drastically decrease the time of chores. The same applies to shops, I think. At some point a person will be looking for specific items, and so shopping turns into a quick browse.

Shrunk is the Club LoL dude.

Time will also change depending on whether you're going for photos. Dialog trees for 10 neighbors, plus any errands they request, could take a while.

• Options
    neuroticsilenceneuroticsilence PDXRegistered User regular

The main thing is to spend some time loading and reloading the game to get the town layout you want.

This. I've come to loathe my layout (weirdly spaced, awkward to see waterfall, bad mayor house placement...), but I feel I've already put such an investment into it in the last month that the thought of restarting is horrifying.

3DS Friend code: 2020-1039-6884
    b2f88qjay83l.png
  • Options
    Speaking of Ex-Swap-Aganza...
    Omnar2 is (for the most part aside from inside trading between games) open for swappage and taking things!
    Some simple rules:
    Everything is fair game before the bridge. You cross the bridge, that's all my stuff. You put something there for me, nobody else should be touching it.

If you're swapping, you put your item in front of my swap-rock which is guarded by a pitfall on the left and right of it.

I'll normally be standing behind the swap-rock. That's where all your stuff goes that you want to trade to me.

You can take anything without having to give back anything. It's all just taking up space and causing me to grow Rafflesia right now. As soon as it's manageable enough to store away and let me rip out the Rafflesia, I'm shutting down to get it gone...but it'll be back, just as I'll put all my items back out for the taking and re-open Omnar.

Flowers are fair game as long as they're by the river and before the bridge.

If you're really awesome, you'll just put the stuff you're leaving for me on the other side of the bridge, and PM me about it on here.
    Why? Because I need people to not post on my board...I don't think people are quite grasping the concept I'm trying to lay out, and I've notice some (not all) people not putting their traded items in the right spot...when they mix it in without me knowing, I'm missing out on cataloging it for myself, which is a large reason why I want to offer this swap service for everybody. It's to help you out with finding items, and a way for me to also catalog items that you bring.

With such simplicity, I fail to see how anything could go wrong...but all it takes is a few rabblerousers, and it all falls apart. :(

• Options

This. I've come to loathe my layout (weirdly spaced, awkward to see waterfall, bad mayor house placement...), but I feel I've already put such an investment into it in the last month that the thought of restarting is horrifying.

Yeah. I thought keeping everything in the north was the best strategy, to minimize travel time. Then I find out that the island is my buddy.

Still a bit grumpy about that one.

• Options

Yea / Nay?

Seconded. And steal some of the first posts for extra indexing. No sense in using the entire first post for everything. Space it out categorically. That's what i did when I made the League of Legend threads a while back.

• Options

Yea / Nay?

Seconded. And steal some of the first posts for extra indexing. No sense in using the entire first post for everything. Space it out categorically. That's what i did when I made the League of Legend threads a while back.

Well, if Hargaad approves...

Good tip on stealing a few first posts for indexing. Very good idea.

• Options

Money Rock and Ore Rock
    Scallop for Pascal
    Police Station

I think you hit most of the daily chores. Pascal ends once all his items are obtained, so the lack of a need to swim around poking for scallops will drastically decrease the time of chores. The same applies to shops, I think. At some point a person will be looking for specific items, and so shopping turns into a quick browse.

Shrunk is the Club LoL dude.

Time will also change depending on whether you're going for photos. Dialog trees for 10 neighbors, plus any errands they request, could take a while.

Sad to say, I don't quite know what you mean about Pascal.
    I'm still missing the Pirate Sword, and have been getting duplicates upon duplicates for days.
    Are you saying that he stops showing up once you get everything, or that there's no point in returning for scallops each new day once you have the whole set?

• Options
    neuroticsilenceneuroticsilence PDXRegistered User regular

Yeah. I thought keeping everything in the north was the best strategy, to minimize travel time. Then I find out that the island is my buddy.

Still a bit grumpy about that one.

I boxed in my house between my river and the cliff, and two neighbors moved in above and below me right away. It feels soo closterphobic.

3DS Friend code: 2020-1039-6884
    b2f88qjay83l.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Re-Tail close to the docks is nice for beetle farming, yeah..but you only need so many beetle farming runs to pay off all debts to Tom Nook and after that, there's really not that much to spend money on. I much prefer having Re-Tail close to the station and thus the entrance to the shopping street.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    New thread is new, with that new thread smell.

_J_ on
  • Options
    TheAmyHeadTheAmyHead Registered User regular
    ReTail is buying Turnips for 204 bells in my town today. Come on by if you need to sell.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Pascal ends once all his items are obtained, so the lack of a need to swim around poking for scallops will drastically decrease the time of chores.

Sad to say, I don't quite know what you mean about Pascal.
    I'm still missing the Pirate Sword, and have been getting duplicates upon duplicates for days.
    Are you saying that he stops showing up once you get everything, or that there's no point in returning for scallops each new day once you have the whole set?

Yeah I've found him for 29 days straight. If the Pirate Sword exists I haven't received it.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Phoenix is open for the afternoon. Drop by and visit the Emporium. It's full of THINGS! Feel free to buy the fortune cookies.

Don't buy anything from Redd unless you want a faaaaake.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Turnips are currently selling for 159. Just PM me and I will add you and open the gates

BitTWist on
    3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    TheAmyHeadTheAmyHead Registered User regular
    Anybody have any tips for getting a villager to move out? I've got Graham and I can't stand him. I've tried ignoring him and hitting him with my net....a lot. Any other suggestions?