As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat][WITTINESS GOES HERE]

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The Cat wrote: »
    you people and your "leisure time". pffffft!

I'm fairly sick of the lab and maybe 1/4 through all my stuff :(

To be fair I was getting some version of welders eye from all the time on the AFM. But then, good results precipitate liquid nitrogen gin & tonics I feel.
    Fixed that for you. Man up and make yourself nice cool 77K drink. Or make some gubes (gin cubes).

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Gim wrote: »
    I haven't had carrot cake in the longest time.

Anyhoo, sleep calls. Perhaps I shall dream of having sex with a carrot cake.

Low Key: Um, I'm not fuel. I'm a human being.

Say, that's it. I'm a human being! I don't need him holding me back. I'm going to leave him and become a successful lesbian! Thanks doctor!

You can do it! Don't let the carrot cake get away! :P

Good night.

t Cat: Don't fret, someday you'll be gone from uni and everything will be dandy.

Haphazard on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    D&D, be my salvation.
    What happens when the coefficient of friction is zero?
    -You slide like crazy.
    -Nothing will move.
    -I don't know.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You slide like crazy.

electricitylikesme on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Exactly. Been studying. I see. If you apply that to your summer vacation... it's gone down the hill with a coefficient of zero.

Thanks. :)

I'd have an easier time with the pop quizzes if I actually could read up on the quizzed material.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2007
    All I can say is: Wheeee!

Haphazard on
  • Low KeyLow Key Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You slide like crazy.

What if you were sitting completely motionless when the coefficient became zero?

Low Key on
    edited August 2007
    First day of the second semester, and everyone already wants the protagonist's attention. Figures.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2007
    Low Key wrote: »
    You slide like crazy.

What if you were sitting completely motionless when the coefficient became zero?

Then you slide like crazy when a slight breeze blows.

electricitylikesme on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    t Cat: Don't fret, someday you'll be gone from uni and everything will be dandy.

I can't seem to stop. 2 months left, and according to MoodGYM I've got enough anxiety symptoms to qualify for some kind of fancy-named disorder.

*sigh* least the depression ones aren't so bad...

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited August 2007

I can't seem to stop. 2 months left, and according to MoodGYM I've got enough anxiety symptoms to qualify for some kind of fancy-named disorder.

*sigh* least the depression ones aren't so bad...

The Cat I forget are you doing honors or a Ph. D?

electricitylikesme on
    edited August 2007
    You seem to lack motivation. Perhaps Grace could send you some cookies?

They probably won't motivate you, but they surely will make you feel better. ;-)

Haphazard on
    edited August 2007
    You slide like crazy.

What if the breeze is coming from both directions with exactly the same force?

Low Key on
    edited August 2007
    I get the strange impression I'm out of my time zone, here.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2007
    Hap are you offering out other people's cookie love? You sly dog.

Low Key on
    edited August 2007
    You slide like crazy.

What if the breeze is coming from both directions with exactly the same force?

Brownian motion will give you gross, but not net, movement, and you will diffuse towards an area with a lower concentration.

electricitylikesme on
    edited August 2007
    Hap are you offering out other people's cookie love? You sly dog.

I'm, outsourcing. :P

Haphazard on
    edited August 2007
    honors. I'm not unmotivated, but the topic isn't exactly fascinating and everythings taking forever and all I really want is a normal job and a life >_<

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited August 2007
    honors. I'm not unmotivated, but the topic isn't exactly fascinating and everythings taking forever and all I really want is a normal job and a life >_<

Hi5 honors buddy! It's felt weird collecting my results together to see if they make sense yet. Only I really don't want a normal job and a life. Applying for a Ph D position if I can. Also still considering becoming a reservist, but only once I get motivated to be vaguely fit again.

electricitylikesme on
    edited August 2007
    Man, I can't believe I'm not allowed to adopt someone just because they're only four years younger than me and already have a mother who loves them.

Low Key on
    edited August 2007
    Then, one day you are in a job and have a life... well, let's say "life" is the good part in the sentence.

Edit: Who would you want to adopt, Lowkes? O_o

Haphazard on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, I can't believe I'm not allowed to adopt someone just because they're only four years younger than me and already have a mother who loves them.
    Time to look up the UK's adoption laws to see if they are open to wacky hijinks.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited August 2007

Hi5 honors buddy! It's felt weird collecting my results together to see if they make sense yet. Only I really don't want a normal job and a life. Applying for a Ph D position if I can. Also still considering becoming a reservist, but only once I get motivated to be vaguely fit again.

Heh, I think things'll pick up on that front in the next month or so. Its the waiting-for-datasets-to-play-with bit that's bothering me. After that, I'll be too busy to angst :P

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Time to look up the UK's adoption laws to see if they are open to wacky hijinks.

The girl I want to adopt is Sierra Leonean. See if that comes into it at all?

Low Key on
    edited August 2007
    Has Sierra Leone recovered from the fighting... somewhen around the year 2000?
    I seem to remember there being a civil war or something.

Edit: Or is there still a war going on? Sometimes it's hard to keep track. :(

Haphazard on
    edited August 2007
    The Civil War ended around 2002. I don't know what the situation's like right now. Stable, but not great I would guess.

Low Key on
    edited August 2007
    The political stability of the country is not particularly cromulent to my attempts to haphazardly adopt nationals.

Low Key on
    edited August 2007
    Embiggen your goals then.

electricitylikesme on
    edited August 2007
    It could be helpful, though.

Keep that in mind for your next batch of adoptees.

Haphazard on
    edited August 2007
    I just want to adopt her because if I were 16 years old, a girl and from Sierra Leone she is exactly the 16 year old Sierra Leonean girl I would be. And I don't like her mum.

Low Key on
    edited August 2007
    I just want to adopt her because if I were 16 years old, a girl and from Sierra Leone she is exactly the 16 year old Sierra Leonean girl I would be. And I don't like her mum.

Wait I don't get it, is she here or in Sierra Leone ?

electricitylikesme on
    edited August 2007
    How would I be able to adopt her is she was still in Sierra Leone sparks?

Sheeesh.

Low Key on
    edited August 2007
    People smugglers. Jeez Lokes you're not going to get anything done if you're not going to think creatively here.

electricitylikesme on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Do you know this girl somehow?

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited August 2007

Do you know this girl somehow?

Yeah, she's a friend. I'm not totally comfortable with adopting random strangers.

Low Key on
    edited August 2007
    Damn, I had high hopes, Lowkes. High hopes!

Haphazard on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hm. Sounds kind of like the plan I had for marrying this girl from Hong Kong a few years ago.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited August 2007
    Actually I wouldn't call her a friend, I only met her about a month ago. But seeing as she's a 16 year old Sierra Leonean female version of me, we hit it off pretty quickly.

Low Key on
    edited August 2007
    Damn, I had high hopes, Lowkes. High hopes!

We still have to wait for Mojo to come back with some lega mumbo jumbo that will solve our problems Hap. There is still hope.

Low Key on
    edited August 2007
    Wow, searching for UK adoption law has turned up some weird stuff. There seem to be sites were kids have profiles and you can view them before you pick one out. The weird part is though that's it illegal to use actual photos of the kids, so you are looking at photos of child models who have been selected as they are close enough to the kid in question.

I also got one of those "inappropriate advertising moments" a spambot must have been at a message board which offers advice and support for people adopting and/or giving up kids for adoption. It was about used car trading. The fact that the bot had highlighted the board as a buying/selling/trading post sent me into a fit of laughter that I now feel very bad about.

Mojo_Jojo on
This discussion has been closed.