As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] A Cespedes for the rest of us.

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    oh god Drew Butera is back in the majors

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    CC Sabathia is now the only pitcher in the league who has given up 7 or more runs in 3 straight starts this season.

Sweeney Tom on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Wow that was a shitty call.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    That call sent this game to extra innings.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited July 2013
    something about the west coast and extra innings games for the Twins

brings out the power in guys you don't expect to have any

Hjorvarthr on
    Albert Pujols aggravated his hurt foot, and may be done for the rest of the season.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Fuck I tried to play Archer god dammit

.@KenDavidoff and @joelsherman1 report MLB likely to announce ALL Biogenesis suspensions this week.

welp

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Good, get the shit over with so we can actually talk about baseball.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    The way MLB is handling this whole Biogenesis thing is just sad. I don't know if they even realize that they are literally choosing the worst of all possible options and making themselves look incompetent to boot.

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    How are they making themselves look incompetent?

They had enough evidence on Ryan Braun that he accepted his suspension.

I also don't understand how suspensions are the worst of all options? Everyone is sick of the cheating, the MLB, the mlbpa and the fans.

If this results in Alex Rodriguez never playing another game, literally everyone wins.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    As a non-Yankees fan,

I hope A-Rod gets a light sentence, because watching Yankees fans get angry over him is the best.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    edited July 2013
    Nirya wrote: »
    As a non-Yankees fan,

I hope A-Rod gets a light sentence, because watching Yankees fans get angry over him is the best.

According to the NY Post, he's expected to be suspended until 2015.

Which I guess is light considering at one point a lifetime ban was discussed. But if that happens, he'll be almost 40 when he returns. Even healthy, A-Rod in 2015 likely wouldn't be a big factor anymore.

Sweeney Tom on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    My hope is that whatever the suspension, the Yankees can't recoup any of the contract or terminate it.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I can't believe I managed a tie this week. My team was complete butts for most of the week.

If I had moved Lester back in this week I would tied.

My pitching was something else this week.

Here is my opinion on ARod.

I want whatever can happen so that people just stop wasting time talking about him.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Fuck my offense.

• PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Wahoo, Internet is back!

I'm at the point with the suspensions where I'm actually excited to hear them now. We've been guessing for so long and it's always talked about so that means if we guess right we get a prize right? Otherwise why else would this be happening?

My guess: Pete Rose! Suspended to infinity then.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    My hope is that every player on the Giants is suspended 50 games for sucking.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i'll be pretty satisfied with an A-rod lifetime ban

i'll be more satisfied with something intentionally troll-y like banning him for all but the final year of his contract so he will come back and suck ass for 20 million dollars

I finally moved up in the standings, now I get Maximum

wonderful

Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    I finally moved up in the standings, now I get Maximum

wonderful

I will crush you

edited July 2013
    my team is done

i have been injury bugged to hell and back

granderson ruined me

then Puig basically eliminated Crawford as a viable fantasy player, which was my last hope

Jasconius on
    I think that's the first week I didn't get a home run from Chris Davis.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    As a non-Yankees fan,

As is watching the Yankees organization doctors try and make up injuries so they don't have to play or bench him.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    As a non-Yankees fan,

As is watching the Yankees organization doctors try and make up injuries so they don't have to play or bench him.

Every single part of this fiasco is a special treat to non-yankee fans. It is a gift from the baseball gods.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    edited July 2013
    Rays get Jesse Crain, but the trade was complicated since Crain's injured and will be based on how much he plays for the Rays

Hjorvarthr on
    Dear @RedSox scoreboard operator - your standings are wrong. Yours truly, @RaysBaseball.
    RedSox wrote:
    Don't worry @raysbaseball we look forward to seeing you in Tampa in September for our home games at the Trop.

even their twitter accounts hate each other

Looks like Rios is heading to Pittsburgh if early reports are to be believed.

Peavy was scratched from his start today as well so he's probably heading somewhere by the end of the day.

edited July 2013
    The Dodgers now have Brian Wilson.

and yes, he still has the beard

Sweeney Tom on

my condolences to their fans

The Beach Boy? He's way past his prime. Should have got him in the 60's.

TRAITOROUS SCUM!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    and then alex rios fouled a ball off his foot

Jake Peavy to the Red Sox pending physical.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Angels sent Alberto Callaspo to the As, got Grant Green in return.

Somewhat excited about that.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    That Peavy deal apparently sends Iglesias to the Tigers and Avisail Garcia to the White Sox. Apparently the Tigers believe Peralta will be getting suspended.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    411Randle wrote: »
    That Peavy deal apparently sends Iglesias to the Tigers and Avisail Garcia to the White Sox. Apparently the Tigers believe Peralta will be getting suspended.

Yep.
    NESN wrote:
    Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz, Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta, Mariners catcher Jesus Montero, Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli, Padres shortstop Everth Cabrera and minor leaguers Fernando Martinez, Fautino de los Santos, Cesar Puello and Norbeto Martin will all be hit with 50-game bans within the next 72 hours, CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reported Monday, and none plan to challenge their punishment.

Missing from that list, however, are those who have already been hit with suspensions stemming from the Biogenesis investigation. Both Heyman and Passan report that Bartolo Colon, Yasmani Grandal and Melky Cabrera, who were each suspended 50 games last season, will likely not face further discipline.

This discussion has been closed.